Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

And/or blending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

This dude is having so much fun at work

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Khizan posted:

It’s called a “piggostat” and it’s for immobilizing babies for x-rays.

with that name it should be a self-protection device for immobilizing cops

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Bad Munki posted:

And/or blending.

Goes without saying that by blending the baby you don't need to do a dangerous x-ray to see what's inside them.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You should still xray the baby to make sure he's not full of metal. Keys are tasty at that age.

Wouldn't want to ruin your blender.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/ChewyMan__/status/1591154630305927168

Can't wait to see the looks on everyone's faces when I bring this bad boy to the next beyblade tournament :smug:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

ekuNNN posted:

Always use your handbrake

My high school bestie found this out the hard way. I picked up the phone one evening and she started with, "Wanna hear how I managed to total my brother's pickup and three other cars without driving any of them?"

Apparently she'd parked his truck on an incline on the street and left it in gear, but didn't set the brake. It popped out, rolled down a couple blocks, through the governor's mansion's yard, and off an embankment where it landed across 3 parked cars in a lot below. Apparently she heard a commotion and went outside, only to see no pickup and a bunch of secret service dudes yelling into their shirt sleeves down the road.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

I was waiting for him to be served mobilization papers.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rlcx49hQAS1r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rlcy30cNua1r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rlcxpvaSje1r0uzl6.mp4

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I couldn't parse what this was at first and the perspective was loving wild in my head. I saw the luggage coming down as sliding cars or horse carriages or maybe something in flood waters while the guy was climbing out over a balcony over the street.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

I thought we weren't supposed to post deaths in this thread :v:

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

My high school bestie found this out the hard way. I picked up the phone one evening and she started with, "Wanna hear how I managed to total my brother's pickup and three other cars without driving any of them?"

Apparently she'd parked his truck on an incline on the street and left it in gear, but didn't set the brake. It popped out, rolled down a couple blocks, through the governor's mansion's yard, and off an embankment where it landed across 3 parked cars in a lot below. Apparently she heard a commotion and went outside, only to see no pickup and a bunch of secret service dudes yelling into their shirt sleeves down the road.

What governor has Secret Service dudes? Dont they just hire off-duty cops?

insta
Jan 28, 2009

Khizan posted:

It’s called a “piggostat” and it’s for immobilizing babies for x-rays.

there is no loving way it's called a piggostat

edit: it's called a piggostat

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

First time seeing a baby blender?

that avatar is :perfect:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Careful, I got a 12 hour probe itt because "Joking about animal abuse, even if it's fake as poo poo, isn't funny."

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Scholtz posted:

Careful, I got a 12 hour probe itt because "Joking about animal abuse, even if it's fake as poo poo, isn't funny."
I was under the impression that the difference was that those are real rescues in reverse but yours was a staged video where the perpetrators get the snake to attack the dog so they can film the "rescue"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Yeah, I wouldn't make a joke about an actual hosed up video like this.
If I wanted to be cruel I'd go to 4chan or some other burning cesspit of the internet.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I was under the impression that the difference was that those are real rescues in reverse but yours was a staged video where the perpetrators get the snake to attack the dog so they can film the "rescue"

The one I posted was a reversed video of them rescuing the dog, if the original (un-reversed) video involved them antagonizing the snake to attack the dog, I had no idea and it wasn't discussed in the thread, at least not before my probe.

e: vv editing instead of posting to lessen the derailment but agreed, just wanted to give a heads up since I felt blindsided when it happened to me

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 15, 2022

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Let's not continue this derail, everyone gets at least one prob they disagree with eventually but that's just how SA rolls.
If I made a mistake and should be punished that is for the IK to decide.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Andre Dufresnovski crawled to freedom through five hundred meters of poo poo smelling foulness I can't even imagine. Unfortunately for him the pipe was a thousand meters long.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

DreadUnknown posted:

What governor has Secret Service dudes? Dont they just hire off-duty cops?

Yeah, that’s probably more accurate. Some sort of security dudes, not necessarily anyone that specific.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Guitar Hero got weird.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

He looks like he's dancing.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I respect the preparation.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Yeah, that’s probably more accurate. Some sort of security dudes, not necessarily anyone that specific.

Governors have personal protective details of state police that look and act like JV secret service.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

There Bias Two posted:

I respect the preparation.

I respect robbing the one place with more police than the police station.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Look sometimes the birds really disappoint you and you just need to go rob a Dunkin donuts.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Slim Goodbody must have fallen on hard times

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Tunicate posted:

from what I understand, vintage mechanical things like pinball machines, planes, trains and automobiles all have to be used regularly to maintain them, otherwise everything ends up stuck together as an immovable mass of metal

You can run up all that stuff on the ground. Military trucks have similar issues, since they spend 99. recurring 9% of their lifetime rotting in a parking lot.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

a makerspace dude left his oscillating saw out where his kid could get to it

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm not liking this but I like that he lived to take a picture of this.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

https://twitter.com/ChewyMan__/status/1591154630305927168

Can't wait to see the looks on everyone's faces when I bring this bad boy to the next beyblade tournament :smug:

Extreme Dreidel

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What did he steal from Dunkin? $50 and some old donuts?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

KoRMaK posted:

airshows are a way to wank off to imperialism and facism. and they're loving boooooring

across the political spectrum it seems war planes get a pass. Miyazaki is very anti war but made a movie about the zero

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The best war movies are anti-war.

Edit: misread as war movies, not war planes. My point stands though. It’s just irrelevant to the discussion.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PookBear posted:

across the political spectrum it seems war planes get a pass. Miyazaki is very anti war but made a movie about the zero

Everyone loves high-performance machines that can zoom fast and do spectacular maneuvers. On the ground you can find the lightest, fastest, and most maneuverable machines in racing circuits and other things like that, because fighting vehicles have very different requirements, so if you want that spectacle you go to the tracks. Air fighting is all about building and maintaining energy and getting a better angle on your opponent, so when you want that spectacle you go to the air shows with the death machines. There's also air racing leagues, but they don't have a fraction of the money, hardware, or events that the MIC does. So a lot of people choose to overlook it, or just never think about it in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

But without airshows we wouldn't get Rammstein so there.
:shuckyes:

They are named after the town where a disastrous airshow killed people, you uneducated oaf.