Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
What I care most about is that it means they'll be patching the game, presumably.

My wish list for the forthcoming patch notes, in no particular order:
  • fix the bug where too many forest fires causes crash to desktop
  • fix the bug where the ai does nothing but build campuses
  • fix the bug where that one golden age card in dramatic ages makes you never be able to build districts ever again
  • fix the bug? exploit? inconsistency, at least, where artificial disasters in apocalypse mode generate no fertility except in the case of forest fires and Great Bath floods. either make all disasters cool or make none of them cool
  • fix the bug where in multiplayer, a non-host player gets "desynced" and has to load in the game every. single. turn., and the only way to fix it is to abandon the game and start a new one
  • cap the number of city states in a barbarian clans game, or at least make it so that when you turn on barbarian clans mode, the number of starting city states defaults to a lower number
  • rebalance the heroes in heroes mode, so that it's a little less completely loving insane when one player gets himiko and maui and the other gets arthur and beowulf
  • rebalance the secret societies so that i can stop taking voidsingers every single time
  • especially make hermetic order way better to compensate for the fact that you have no idea if you're even going to get any loving ley lines
  • make it so that corporations still count as whatever type of improvement would normally be on that resource, for the purposes of e.g. the mayan observatory, or pantheon bonuses
  • fix the bug where sometimes in tech and civic shuffle, a prerequisite line will go through a tech or civic, making you think it's a prerequisite for something when it isn't
  • rebalance religious beliefs, e.g. nerf feed the world
  • make dark ages actually bad, or normal ages actually good
  • make tornadoes give fertility
  • make it so that when you mark one great work as not tradeable to another civ, it becomes not tradeable to every civ, and also so do your other great works of the same type, so that the ai stops thinking i'm a loving bookstore
I'm sure there's more but that's what I got off the top of my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

You'll get a 3rd American leader and like it.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

DontMockMySmock posted:

What I care most about is that it means they'll be patching the game, presumably.

My wish list for the forthcoming patch notes, in no particular order:
  • fix the bug where too many forest fires causes crash to desktop
  • fix the bug where the ai does nothing but build campuses
  • fix the bug where that one golden age card in dramatic ages makes you never be able to build districts ever again
  • fix the bug? exploit? inconsistency, at least, where artificial disasters in apocalypse mode generate no fertility except in the case of forest fires and Great Bath floods. either make all disasters cool or make none of them cool
  • fix the bug where in multiplayer, a non-host player gets "desynced" and has to load in the game every. single. turn., and the only way to fix it is to abandon the game and start a new one
  • cap the number of city states in a barbarian clans game, or at least make it so that when you turn on barbarian clans mode, the number of starting city states defaults to a lower number
  • rebalance the heroes in heroes mode, so that it's a little less completely loving insane when one player gets himiko and maui and the other gets arthur and beowulf
  • rebalance the secret societies so that i can stop taking voidsingers every single time
  • especially make hermetic order way better to compensate for the fact that you have no idea if you're even going to get any loving ley lines
  • make it so that corporations still count as whatever type of improvement would normally be on that resource, for the purposes of e.g. the mayan observatory, or pantheon bonuses
  • fix the bug where sometimes in tech and civic shuffle, a prerequisite line will go through a tech or civic, making you think it's a prerequisite for something when it isn't
  • rebalance religious beliefs, e.g. nerf feed the world
  • make dark ages actually bad, or normal ages actually good
  • make tornadoes give fertility
  • make it so that when you mark one great work as not tradeable to another civ, it becomes not tradeable to every civ, and also so do your other great works of the same type, so that the ai stops thinking i'm a loving bookstore
I'm sure there's more but that's what I got off the top of my head.

The team is not even aware of any of these issues.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Is the ios version of Civ worth getting, or is it a buggy mess?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Ratios and Tendency posted:

You'll get a 3rd American leader and like it.

And it's a Roosevelt

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

The Human Crouton posted:

The team is not even aware of any of these issues.

yeah. if they do like three of them i'll be pleasantly surprised

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Origami Dali posted:

Is the ios version of Civ worth getting, or is it a buggy mess?

it works just like the PC version (without mods), to me it's literally the best game to get on an ipad

if you wanna spend hundreds of dollars that is (haven't checked in a while but the expansions and main game were full price forever)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luWyFMwgQoc

Not much info in there, but its free if you already own the other expansion packs

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Seems like a fairly nice little thing to get thrown into the game I’ve already paid for. Hopefully they do come with some patching as well.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The Steam page has more information on the structure of the Pass and leaders. A lot more leaders than I anticipated:

quote:

The Leader Pass includes:

Pack #1: Great Negotiators Pack
Test your diplomacy skills with the Great Negotiators Pack, including Abraham Lincoln (United States), Queen Mbande Nzinga (Kongo), and Sultan Saladin (Arabia).

Pack #2: Great Commanders Pack
Lead your troops to victory with the Great Commanders Pack, including Tokugawa (Japan), Nader Shah (Persia)***, and Suleiman the Magnificent (Ottoman Empire)****.

Pack #3: Rulers of China Pack
Establish some new dynasties with the Rulers of China Pack, including Yongle, Qin Shi Huang the Unifier, and Wu Zetian.

Pack #4: Rulers of the Sahara Pack
Revisit the cradle of humanity with the Rulers of the Sahara Pack, including Ramses (Egypt), Ptolemaic Cleopatra (Egypt), King Sundiata Keita (Mali)****.

Pack #5: Great Builders Pack
Rebuild the world better than ever with the Great Builders Pack, including Theodora (Byzantines)*****, Sejong (Korea)******, and Ludwig II (Germany).

Pack #6: Ruler of England Pack
Fill out your growing collection of monarchs with the Rulers of England Pack, including Elizabeth I (England), Varangian Harald Hadrada (Norway), and Victoria (England).

*** Requires Persia & Macedon Scenario Pack to play
**** Requires Gathering Storm expansion to play
***** Requires New Frontier Pass and Byzantium & Gaul Pack to play
****** Requires Rise & Fall expansion to play

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
wait isn't victoria already the one in civ 6, I know Harald is but I saw some sort of modifier so I guess it's a personality, is that the same for victoria?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Isn't Victoria already one of the leaders for England? The first one, from launch?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

It's probably a different version of Victoria, much like "Rough Rider Roosevelt" and "Ptolomaic Cleopatra"

Edit: Hell, I'm willing to bet it's going to be the old rear end Victoria everyone pictures in their head instead of the young one in game.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

AceOfFlames posted:

It's probably a different version of Victoria, much like "Rough Rider Roosevelt" and "Ptolomaic Cleopatra"

Ah yeah, totally had forgotten they'd done that.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Judgy Fucker posted:

Ah yeah, totally had forgotten they'd done that.

Understandable since if I am not mistaken, they did that only with two leaders, Roosevelt and Catherine di Medici. This time they seem to be adding 6 "personas" in total (Saladin, Suleiman, Qin Shi Huang, Cleopatra, Harald Hadrada and Victoria are all existing leaders).

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 15, 2022

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I missed the new Cleopatra, too.

What's "Ptolomaic" Cleopatra compared to the other one? Are they going to emphasize any possible congenital issues from rampant inbreeding?

I'm sure anyone playing a Civ game already knows, but nevertheless:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

In VG24/7, Victoria is listed as "Victoria - Age of Steam"

Wonder if it's a nod to Victoria 3. Regardless, we'll see if it makes England actually fun to play as.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Civ 6_final_Final_(FINAL)v2.exe

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So now that Lizzie's in a box, how long until she gets added to the game?

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Judgy Fucker posted:

I missed the new Cleopatra, too.

What's "Ptolomaic" Cleopatra compared to the other one? Are they going to emphasize any possible congenital issues from rampant inbreeding?

I'm sure anyone playing a Civ game already knows, but nevertheless:

Oh yeah, this is my favourite Civ "well actually", that Cleopatra was ethnically Greek, not Egyptian.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Like the first few words of her wikipedia article praise her for actually learning Egyptian, unlike her predecessors who just stuck with Greek.

Egypt has a fuckin' long history, and I do hope they become a superpower again one day and just start building titanium pyramids for the fun of it.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Well they are building a new capital city from scratch, a project that seems to be as elitist and spitting in the face of the poors as much as the original pyramids.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Cleopatra was a skilled politician to her core. I don’t know why anyone would bring up inbreeding because there is no real evidence it ever really effected the Ptolemaic dynasty all that much

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Cleopatra was a skilled politician to her core. I don’t know why anyone would bring up inbreeding because there is no real evidence it ever really effected the Ptolemaic dynasty all that much

Yeah, I don’t know why anyone would try to make jokes on this comedy website, either :rolleye:

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010
CharlestheHammerBewitched

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

MH Knights posted:

So now that Lizzie's in a box, how long until she gets added to the game?

I think the most recently deceased leader the series has had was Haille Sellassie I, so, like 40 years? Not sure she'll make the cut.

Civ V added Steve Jobs as a great merchant like a year after he popped it, but I'm not sure Brenda qualifies for one of those, either.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Yeesh, the animation in the official announcement vid was pretty drat crude.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Samovar posted:

Yeesh, the animation in the official announcement vid was pretty drat crude.

Shoestring marketing budget, or stylistic choice?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Judgy Fucker posted:

Yeah, I don’t know why anyone would try to make jokes on this comedy website, either :rolleye:

I mean yeah that’s my point it doesn’t really work as a joke

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

have patches or mods improved the ai? haven't touched this in ages, mostly for that reason

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I mostly stopped playing because starting from the modern era, the game just turns into a cookie clicker.

I do have 800 hours played, but almost always stopped right before the modern era.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

victrix posted:

have patches or mods improved the ai? haven't touched this in ages, mostly for that reason

There was a patch that made the ai worse lmao

iirc they took the weighting given to science production in the ai's priority function or whatever, and multiplied it by 10, 'cause they wanted to fix the ai sucking at science. that was obviously a huge overcorrection and now the ai does science to maximum regardless of whether that's a good idea. you see a lot of +0-1 campuses and stuff. it's near impossible to get a great scientist as a human player, now.

Also the ai is bad at the additional game modes that the dlc introduced.

There are mods that claim to make the ai better but I haven't played around with them much (I suck at the game anyway)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

:negative:

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Apparently on the livestream they announced Julius Caesar as a surprise 19th leader available next week if you link your 2K account to the game:

Anno
May 10, 2017

A part of his ability not that screenshot but on the website: “Receive a Wildcard policy slot the first time you capture an opposing capital.”

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Trajan: Free monument, which is good. Free bunch-of-other-stuff, which is also good. But all of it is invisible to a new player, which is bad and makes the faction feel vanilla and lacking.

Caesar: "Let me demonstrate how interactivity is done."

A goddamn wildcard slot and a pile of gold for pushing over your neighbor, nice.
Edit: Actually it's probably the barbarian bonus that'll have the most effect, going from 30 to 130 is like an extra 200-400 gold early game. Free slinger per camp cleared.

Serephina fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 17, 2022

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Serephina posted:

Trajan: Free monument, which is good. Free bunch-of-other-stuff, which is also good. But all of it is invisible to a new player, which is bad and makes the faction feel vanilla and lacking.

Caesar: "Let me demonstrate how interactivity is done."

A goddamn wildcard slot and a pile of gold for pushing over your neighbor, nice.
Edit: Actually it's probably the barbarian bonus that'll have the most effect, going from 30 to 130 is like an extra 200-400 gold early game. Free slinger per camp cleared.

Yeah, before the wildcard thing was mentioned I thought "okay, Caesar kinda evens out with Trajan--Optimo always gives you a monument, but Caesar will let you buy a monument and more if you start wrecking poo poo." Extra policy slots are super strong, especially a free wildcard one. Trajan is better if you just want to turtle but head-to-head Ceaear looks quite good.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
You want to roll over a neighbor or two early anyway as Rome, but especially in higher difficulties you'll probably have to conquer your rear end in a top hat neighbors because they'll expand so much and just be constant pricks.

Anno
May 10, 2017

The wildcard thing wasn’t mentioned in their quick look promo either so I guess who knows if it’ll exist or not come Monday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
New update is out with the first batch of new leaders

Edit: Though there seem to be some issues with the rollout
https://twitter.com/CivGame/status/1594758270245216256?s=20&t=Y9uFTv7FM77aS-6OV%5C_kAJw

2nd Edit: Yeah, something is hosed and I only have access to the base game at the moment

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 21, 2022