Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1593188523510992897?s=46&t=5mbv4yU7yAIXT_mG8c__ow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

OwlFancier posted:

A lot of magazines I think only put out a monthly issue and often november/december is like a super issue so they go on holiday over christmas.

These days a bunch of stuff on the shelf is designed to be more evergreen too. Like if you look closely half of them aren't really monthly/weekly periodicals anymore, just retrospectives on celebrities or TV shows that can sit on the shelf for a season or two if not a year to be cycled out for a different celeb or IP.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

This bull in the field with six cows. Three of them are pregnant, so you know he got something goin' on. But all he cared about, he kept his nose against the fence, looking at three other cows that didn't belong to him. Now all he had to do was eat grass. But no, no, no. He thought something was better somewhere else. So he decided, I want to get over there. So one day he measured that fence up and he said I think I can jump this. So that day where he got back, and as he got back he dove over that fence and his belly got cut up on the bottom. But as he made it to the other side, he shook it off and got so excited about it. And he ran to the top of that hill, but when he got there he realized they were bulls too. So what I'm telling you, don't think something is better somewhere else- this is the greatest country in the world today.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/sponcondereplay/status/1594317182447624194?t=Y6wlN_-1vpZAEDZNhDXeZg&s=19

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1594500655724609536

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

good lord

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

that's THREE threads I'm seeing this now gdi

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Well, here's a variation on it

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Replace the hot lady with Ronnie from your AV.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

TinTower posted:

He's going to have to wait in line behind all of the labour lawyers who are about to expensively inform Elon that, no, you can't do the whole "if you don't agree to what I've said in this informal letter, you'll be assumed to have resigned" trick in most European countries.

I think you missed that Chan-jo Jun is using that tweet on Thursday in court because Twitter refuses to remove speech that's illegal in Germany. I'm sure Twitter's German lawyers are absolutely thrilled that their CEO just publicly admitted to the crime right before the court date.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

MisterOblivious posted:

I think you missed that Chan-jo Jun is using that tweet on Thursday in court because Twitter refuses to remove speech that's illegal in Germany. I'm sure Twitter's German lawyers are absolutely thrilled that their CEO just publicly admitted to the crime right before the court date.

This is good, but I'll care more if it helps result in a judgment that brings actual consequences to Musk.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

MisterOblivious posted:

Twitter's German lawyers

They still have those?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Decided to go ahead and do it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Blessed. Throw it at the Little Lord.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

thanks (?)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/OhsakaRin/status/1594461728003469312

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

quote:

Some sources blame Chiang Kai-shek for the millions of deaths in scattered events caused by the Nationalist Government of China. ...the Nationalist government probably killed between roughly 6 and 18.5 million people.

what the gently caress, white american

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The communist government also killed a hell of a lot of people with big brain ideas but yeah I have to wonder what specifically makes you like chiang other than "fought the communists"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bottom Liner posted:

what the gently caress, white american

Can you imagine the reaction if a white tankie wanted to name their kid Mao Tse Dong?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I'm bad with names, who-

Ohhhh that's a hell of a Google search, alright.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

There's a park in Taiwan full of statues of Chiang Kai-shek sent by schools and other public buildings who decided they don't want a statue of the architect of the White Terror on their grounds. It's an interesting place.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Please make posting that tweet the new Small Bart.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

OwlFancier posted:

The communist government also killed a hell of a lot of people with big brain ideas but yeah I have to wonder what specifically makes you like chiang other than "fought the communists"

¡Jeb!’s magic sword

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite: Derail Valley > Idiot owns Social Media: Do NOT name your son after Chiang Kai-Shek

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

OwlFancier posted:

A lot of American schools treat him as functionally a freedom fighter betrayed by the duplicitous communists

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

There's a park in Taiwan full of statues of Chiang Kai-shek sent by schools and other public buildings who decided they don't want a statue of the architect of the White Terror on their grounds. It's an interesting place.

This is kind of a neat idea, imagine if instead of scrapping confederate monuments in the U.S. we just moved them all to one location. You could go with your favorite materials and vandalize them. The only problem is it's much more fun to vandalize a clean confederate monuments than one someone else already got to, but that would require cleaning them at some point, which no one should do. A real catch 22

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CharlestheHammer posted:

A lot of American schools treat him as functionally a freedom fighter betrayed by the duplicitous communists

Yeah, I definitely heard that poo poo in school. Same kinda poo poo that says the civil war wasn't about slavery. Which is why I'm a maoist.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Platystemon posted:

¡Jeb!’s magic sword
The parent just wants to unleash Chiang, what's the problem

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

This is kind of a neat idea, imagine if instead of scrapping confederate monuments in the U.S. we just moved them all to one location. You could go with your favorite materials and vandalize them. The only problem is it's much more fun to vandalize a clean confederate monuments than one someone else already got to, but that would require cleaning them at some point, which no one should do. A real catch 22

It's what the Russians did, with the result there's lots of parks full of Stalin and Lenin. Keep the history but put it in the right context.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Platystemon posted:

They still have those?

Well,

machine translated translated excerpt from the union (https://www.verdi.de/themen/recht-datenschutz/++co++43ec9312-6756-11ed-a274-001a4a16012a):

quote:

Among the 30 or so employees of Twitter Germany GmbH in Germany, the dismissals were announced by email on 4 November 22.

[...]

Tom and his colleagues in Germany, almost all of whom work or have worked remotely from home for Twitter, received their written resignations by post after the electronic ones on 16 November. At that time, Tom had already joined ver.di. "I was annoyed that I hadn't done it already." It was only the way they were given notice, along the lines of 'I'm not talking to anyone beforehand, I'm just firing', that hit Tom personally and made him angry. His grandfather came to mind, a trade union historian who has written several books on the origins and workings of trade unions. Among other things, about how the printers once joined together. It was clear to Tom then that "we have to organise ourselves".

Thought, done. He was also able to convince the other dismissed workers in Germany to join ver.di. They are now taking legal action against dismissal with ver.di on their side. And they also want to form a works council. Even if they end up not staying in the company, at least their colleagues who will stay should be better protected against further quick fixes by Elon Musk in the future.

I'd rate their chance of success as pretty high. And a worker's council is something Twitter can't prevent from forming, so…

e: Lawyers are probably not staff, but they won't have much fun with this one either way.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

nonathlon posted:

It's what the Russians did, with the result there's lots of parks full of Stalin and Lenin. Keep the history but put it in the right context.

It was a loving trip to learn that Goldeneye level is based on real locations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

There's a special $50 ticket that allows you to come in and clean the monuments. Full name and address required.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

nonathlon posted:

Lol now people are upset about Lenin

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

OwlFancier posted:

A lot of magazines I think only put out a monthly issue and often november/december is like a super issue so they go on holiday over christmas.

Also, a lot of november/december issues would've been written in September and October, and likely even hit newstands before the bulk of this drama.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

It's bad enough having to hear about this stuff everywhere else, last thing I'd want in my Christmas Cookie Recipe magazine is a multi-page spread detailing every time Elon Musk has been fail in the last two months

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

DaysBefore posted:

It's bad enough having to hear about this stuff everywhere else, last thing I'd want in my Christmas Cookie Recipe magazine is a multi-page spread detailing every time Elon Musk has been fail in the last two months

Cosmo: 412 sex tips that are also ways Elon Musk was cringe!

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Playboy centrefold but it's just someone responding to a Musk tweet with goatse

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Man, Musk is thirsty for that implied Trump endorsement.

I suppose I can see why, during Trumps presidency his gibberings on Twitter were a major source of traffic and relevance. That's why it took so long for them to ban his senile rear end.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
https://mobile.twitter.com/2beers2trumpets/status/1594708641202028551

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006