Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Carth Dookie posted:

Lol as if you didn't shake them down for whatever they were carrying and do a fat rip of it in front of them.

True story: the last overnight before covid, a bunch of kids secretly ate brownies and had a great bus ride back to the city. Boy did those kids get in a lot of trouble when we found out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Atlas Hugged posted:

True story: the last overnight before covid, a bunch of kids secretly ate brownies and had a great bus ride back to the city. Boy did those kids get in a lot of trouble when we found out.

For not sharing, right?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I doubt they were very good.

Another kid got in trouble for selling to her friends in school who then proceeded to eat them in first period. Unfortunately she sold them to kids who had never tried them before and they of course thought they were dying and reported to the nurse in third period. A lot of angry parents on that one.

The father of the dealer didn't allow his daughter to face suspension because "it's just an herb, get over it" and "I am very rich, don't threaten my daughter with consequences".

Ah, the joys of working in an international school.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
My friend came over and he wanted to see how I made weed butter and then try making a savoury weed meal, rather than just brownies or candies or whatever. Until now he smoked all the time but since trying the brownies I made he got a vape so he can make butter with the ABV.

So we made a Short Rib Beef Bourguignon with weed butter horseradish mashed potatoes. It was delicious.

We got high AF and watched bad movies.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

When are you inviting the rest of us over

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ReelBigLizard posted:

My friend came over and he wanted to see how I made weed butter and then try making a savoury weed meal, rather than just brownies or candies or whatever. Until now he smoked all the time but since trying the brownies I made he got a vape so he can make butter with the ABV.

So we made a Short Rib Beef Bourguignon with weed butter horseradish mashed potatoes. It was delicious.

oh my god this looks delicious, gently caress

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Haute cweedsine

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

ReelBigLizard posted:

i'll take a plate and the recipe for this, certainly

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
It's not authentic Bourguignon really, because it's mostly done separately, but this is what we did:

Midday-ish season the beef rib with salt, pepper and a splash of light soy sauce, wrapped up well in a foil parcel to slow cook all afternoon in the oven at about 120 DegC, probably 6 hours. More hours more better so you can also throw it in before work or whatever and do it for 8-10 hours.

1 hour before desired serving start the sauce by sautee-ing finely chopped celery, carrots and onions, and shallots in butter. Once completely soft and starting to brown deglaze the pan with a large glass of Côtes du Rhône, a large glass of ruby port, and an amount of rich beef stock equal to the port and wine, add peeled whole baby carrots and shallots. Simmer.

[optional] Add a piece of high quality dark chocolate or cacao to the sauce for earthiness.

30 mins to go set the potatoes to boil. Strain the majority of the onions and veg from the sauce, bring back to simmer. Throw away the finely chopped veg you strained out. Take the beef out of the oven, roll in the pan of sauce and return to the roasting tray, now uncovered, add the whole baby carrots and shallots in with the beef and return to the oven at 180 DegC to glaze.

[optional] Sautee wild mushrooms and bacon until crispy.

Check on the potatoes, they should be soft, mash them and throw in your weed butter, horseradish sauce (or grated horseradish) to taste.

Once you've finished that it should be serving time. Bed of potatoes, veg and beef on that, sauce over top, bacon and mushrooms for garnish.

We didn't have mushrooms this time because my friend doesn't like them but it's really good without.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

wow that looks awesome and im definitely going to try it! thank you for sharing the recipe

also good job putting those circoneflexes in Côtes du Rhône, weed thread getting classy

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

ReelBigLizard posted:

Fallen Rib

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
As a fan of both Azumanga Daioh and weed, I could totally see this happening. Found it on Tumblr.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Vlaphor posted:

As a fan of both Azumanga Daioh and weed, I could totally see this happening. Found it on Tumblr.

lmao yep

I should watch that again, it's really uplifting and cute

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I bought weed on the street corner today. I went to the appliance store to buy an air fryer. Some dudes trying to sell flags of the country I live in. I was like "No, soy gringo" and they go "tenemos bandera de tu patria" and they pointed to a US flag they had. I said "soy gringo pero no soy patriotico" but then I smelled that he was smoking weed and he noticed that I smelled. "Que rico, eh?" he said offered me a hit of his joint and I said no... but then I turned back and said "vendes?" So that's the story of how I got a very small amount of weed for ten dollars which I will put into my vapor genie tonight when I'm watching wrestling. BTW air fryer worked really well, best chicken breast I've ever made at home, I think.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I'm just back to sing the praises of the Dynavap + iSpire Wand again. One thing a lot of reviews don't mention is how loving good it tastes. Like the Dynavap + torch lighter gets you high (albeit not as much the Wand) but after the first hit it tastes like ABV. Even as you're cashing out the bowl with the Wand it still tastes good

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Wachter posted:

I'm just back to sing the praises of the Dynavap + iSpire Wand again. One thing a lot of reviews don't mention is how loving good it tastes. Like the Dynavap + torch lighter gets you high (albeit not as much the Wand) but after the first hit it tastes like ABV. Even as you're cashing out the bowl with the Wand it still tastes good

also, you have a whole lot of control of temperature in addition to timing the clicks, which allows you to further adapt to the specific weed you are vaping, further allowing you to taste all the weird stuff there is to taste

it's ludicrous how good that combo is at what it does, it's my default when I'm just at my desk, doing whatever

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I am high for the first time in like 5 years. I mixed the weed with dried sage because I knew I couldn't handle a full bowl of weed at this point. I also took a few CBD capsules to even things out just in case this one has too much thc or something. Anyways. high.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

some original content folks.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
you got too high and forgot it wasnt 2002

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

lol poo poo. that makes it even funnier though lol.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
dynavap got a good black friday deal rn

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Hellblazer187 posted:

lol poo poo. that makes it even funnier though lol.

It's perfect

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Who are you all to say that Dr Manhattan didn't get so high he time travelled 20 years

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Wachter posted:

Who are you all to say that Dr Manhattan didn't get so high he time travelled 20 years

I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm just saying...where can I get some of that fire.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
My wife got high enough to admit farts were funny.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
https://newatlas.com/biology/hemp-cows-high-thc-milk-dairy/

i have abusiness idea

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Bhang has been around forever, but I don't think that's how they made it.

W E E D M I L K

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 21, 2022

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Now I've learned the truth about severe weed withdrawal after smoking every day and stopping suddenly. The truth is there is no withdrawal. Nada.

I'd like to enjoy some weed again but I'm waiting for this stupid drug screening for a job I need so I can buy weed and stuff. I start next week so I'll be 21-days into this compulsory T-break, hopefully that's enough. :3: Do europeans have to put up with this drug screening bullshit? It's required for basically any job in the US be it astronaut or janitor.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Sanctum posted:

Now I've learned the truth about severe weed withdrawal after smoking every day and stopping suddenly. The truth is there is no withdrawal. Nada.

I'd like to enjoy some weed again but I'm waiting for this stupid drug screening for a job I need so I can buy weed and stuff. I start next week so I'll be 21-days into this compulsory T-break, hopefully that's enough. :3: Do europeans have to put up with this drug screening bullshit? It's required for basically any job in the US be it astronaut or janitor.

must depend person to person because i felt like i was literally dying

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
So a weird thing happened to me last week or so when I got an endoscopy. I have been put under with propofol maybe 40-50 times due to ECT and stuff. Well, when I went under this last time I came to and was perfectly fine as always. I'm 100% in 30 seconds when I wake up. But they were all standing around me like something horrible happened. I'm like "Hey guys, what's up. How'd it go?" The anesthesiologist said that she had to use 5 times the amount of propofol to put me under. They said I was tensing up all of my muscles and shaking and I bit my lip despite having a bite block in. I'm an alcoholic and told them that was probably it or maybe a tolerance for being put under 50 god drat times, but the drug doc told me that it's usually heavy weed use. I assured her it was the alcohol but she was pretty adamant about it. I just got a letter today from the VA saying basically, "Uh, we have to talk." from the GI doctor.

I smoke like once or twice a day. But I was thinking, I have been getting a lot of delta gummies lately since a place opened up here that sells a lot of CBD and stuff due to the loophole. But delta stuff doesn't have much THC at all. I haven't looked into it yet but I'm wondering if that might be a factor. Up until a couple of days ago I'd take 2 of delta 8-10 and one 9 every day.

Anyone else heard of that sort of reaction? I'm still flabbergasted by it.

edit: also one of the doctors asked me about faith and gave me a piece of paper with some priest who has a youtube talk. That was uh..... ominous.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 22, 2022

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I get some withdrawal the first few days after stopping but it's like feeling sweaty and anxious, not unlike a half-assed hangover without the headache or nausea. It's not that bad but it's not nothing at all :shrug:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Weed fucks up anesthesia, yes.

I got to ride out VA dental wide awake with some pulling (still had my wisdoms), not exactly pleasant. But I'm also a malignant hyperthermia risk, so anesthesia is always risky.

No one said there weren't downsides to weed.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah but once or twice a day? That'd cause it? Delta stuff has like 0.03% THC by law here.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

LifeSunDeath posted:

dynavap got a good black friday deal rn

As someone who is contemplating a Dynavap, is this "all I need"? I remember seeing that there's a critical thingy to buy to make it so you don't have to swirl poo poo, does any of this change that or should I still buy that hoodawhatsit?

SgtScruffy fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 22, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It may not be THC causing it, might be another common cannabinoid. I'm not up to snuff on what exactly does it, just that weed in general messes up the tolerance of a lot of anasthestics.

Your VA doc probably wants to run some tests, not something to worry too much about. My VA doc is alright with weed, but would want to know if it fucks up anything I need to take otherwise.

E: in states like yours where regular weed is still illegal, deltas are derived from CBD, and delta-9 is the classic THC we all know and love. Hemp derived delta-9 is basically straight up THC. The law in your state is probably pretty loose on hemp derived cannabinoids.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 22, 2022

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
They're not loose because the GOP legislature controls the state. It's a loophole they didn't cover. I'm worried they will close it. My city just had a referendum this last midterm to vote on weed. 72% of my red county voted to legalize it.

But yeah, it's probably not studied much since it's relatively new.

I haven't taken the gummies in a few days. But just to see if it will affect my motivation (which is basically nil). Alcohol is quite clearly the real problem (overall with my life) but this incident was very shocking to me.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If they close that loophole, the local hemp farms will revolt, maybe even more traditional farms. Without that loophole, the hemp industry in your state will up and disappear.

Oddly enough, hemp derived thc is banned in Colorado, just recently too. So we can't get delta 8 or 10 here, just have to smoke regular weed, which is preferable anyhow.

I don't know how much I would trust delta edibles in states without strict guidelines around how they're produced.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Pennywise the Frown posted:

They're not loose because the GOP legislature controls the state. It's a loophole they didn't cover. I'm worried they will close it. My city just had a referendum this last midterm to vote on weed. 72% of my red county voted to legalize it.

But yeah, it's probably not studied much since it's relatively new.

I haven't taken the gummies in a few days. But just to see if it will affect my motivation (which is basically nil). Alcohol is quite clearly the real problem (overall with my life) but this incident was very shocking to me.

I was smoking twice a day and it made the dentist a nightmare. Alcohol doesn't help, but weed really fucks up the efficacy of anesthetics, even locals apparently b/c I felt everything when I got a filling back in spring.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

SgtScruffy posted:

As someone who is contemplating a Dynavap, is this "all I need"? I remember seeing that there's a critical thingy to buy to make it so you don't have to swirl poo poo, does any of this change that or should I still buy that hoodawhatsit?

the extra thing you want is the Simrell FMJ. Its $10 and you want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

If they close that loophole, the local hemp farms will revolt, maybe even more traditional farms. Without that loophole, the hemp industry in your state will up and disappear.

Oddly enough, hemp derived thc is banned in Colorado, just recently too. So we can't get delta 8 or 10 here, just have to smoke regular weed, which is preferable anyhow.

I don't know how much I would trust delta edibles in states without strict guidelines around how they're produced.

Yeah, WI used to be the biggest hemp producer in the nation.

We "love" our farmers so that wouldn't go over well. However, people like Scott Walker gutted our farming industry and we were losing something like 4 local farms A DAY or something ridiculous under him. All for mass corporate farms of course.