Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

They should've made MedievalChaosGallantmon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

You need ways to get him out of the trash while still triggering his on play and spending 3 for a conditional rush is only ok.

Like I said, he’s ok and could seen play, but the others are just rear end

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I can’t wait until they finally release a digital version of this card game so I can keep up with this thread

What’s the news on the Vital Bracelet BE? I know the new digivice is coming out in a week or something and I don’t know if I should spring and get that (any suggestions on where?) or to wait.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

They should've made MedievalChaosGallantmon.

FeudalDukemon

Edit - Anyway get ready for the English version of this card to call him “MedicalGallantmon”

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Nodosaur posted:

“MedicalGallantmon”
That's just the TF2 Medic

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nodosaur posted:

Edit - Anyway get ready for the English version of this card to call him “MedicalGallantmon”
This should be a genuine Gallantmon variant, theme it after the Knights of Malta.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

girl dick energy posted:

That's just the TF2 Medic

Specifically when he has the Crusader's Crossbow.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

This should be a genuine Gallantmon variant, theme it after the Knights of Malta.

Or better yet, we consign it to oblivion like every stupid dub mistake should be

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

quote:

Level: Ultimate
Type: - Puppet
Attribute: Vaccine
Special Move:
・Nightmare Rain
・Fantastic Smash
・Sweetheart Attack

A Puppet Digimon that evolved as a result of nightmare-related data absorbed and analyzed by Monzaemon. At first glance, it looks like a teddy bear, but is actually made of a mysterious substance that is both squishy and amorphous, like some kind of cross between slime and clouds. ShinMonzaemon is a moody Digimon with a childish personality that does not make decisions based in logic. It likes simple and cute things, causing it to target immature Digimon Child level and below. On the other hand, ShinMonzaemon considers Digimon that have grown beyond Child to be repulsive existences imbued with impure data, and despises even being close to them. When ShinMonzaemon feeds, it extends its soft wings to envelope its prey. Since its entire body is made of extremely powerful energy, even the softest touch from it is said to be enough to cause very weak Digimon to lose consciousness.

ShinMonzaemon's special moves include Nightmare Rain, in which it sends countless parts of its body flying to steal its target's consciousness; Fantastic Smash, in which it changes its right arm into a hammer to crush its enemy; and Sweetheart Attack, in which it fires a laser from its left eye to pierce its target's DigiCore.

quote:

Level: Perfect
Type: Beast Dragon
Attribute: Virus
Special Move:
・Goren-Danreizan
・Goju-Rasendachi
・Gokumon-Shibari

A master swordsman Digimon that wields five blades. Zanmetsumon wanders the Digital World, fighting day in, day out, and thinking exclusively about further honing its sword skills. It is able to swing its swords in all directions, as it holds one in each of its four hands, and tail too. Even its most skilled opponents have difficulty avoiding its onslaught. When using its Goren-Danreizan move, Zanmetsumon attacks with all five blades successively, while it slices with all five blades simultaneously when performing its Goju-Rasendachi technique. Lastly, for its Gokumon-Shibari move, Zanmetsumon lets out a huge roar from the giant mouth on its body to limit its opponents' movements. Zanmetsumon does not believe in slaughtering foes with anything but its blades, however, so it rarely displays this attack.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

Or better yet, we consign it to oblivion like every stupid dub mistake should be

I

Nod

Buddy

I'm pretty sure that wasn't a dub mistake there pal

EDIT: Aww yeah, Charizard, what a dumb dub mistake that was!

Pssh, Godzilla, whoever heard of such

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

I

Nod

Buddy

I'm pretty sure that wasn't a dub mistake there pal

EDIT: Aww yeah, Charizard, what a dumb dub mistake that was!

Pssh, Godzilla, whoever heard of such

It has literally only appeared in english Digimon material

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

It has literally only appeared in english Digimon material

None of which are dubbed.

At this point you're arguing against the very idea of localization. As far as I can tell, Bandai fucks up the name some of the time but most of the time they keep it to Medieval, as funny as Doctor Gallant is. Most of the time they localize it, it's MedievalGallantmon. Which is perfectly fine and non objectionable, outside of being no where near as funny.

Unless again, you want to go pick a fight with Toho about what is and is not Godzilla's name.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

None of which are dubbed.

At this point you're arguing against the very idea of localization. As far as I can tell, Bandai fucks up the name some of the time but most of the time they keep it to Medieval, as funny as Doctor Gallant is. Most of the time they localize it, it's MedievalGallantmon. Which is perfectly fine and non objectionable, outside of being no where near as funny.

Unless again, you want to go pick a fight with Toho about what is and is not Godzilla's name.

This isn't a localization. None of his attacks or aspects of his profile were reimagined to be medical related. And he's been consistently referred to as MedievalGallantmon since Cyber Sleuth. It's even in the english version of the vital bracelet app.

It's not a localization choice. It's a careless translation, no different from the fact that Bandai has been consistently mixing up Ebonwumon and Zhuqiaomon for 20 years.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

This isn't a localization. None of his attacks or aspects of his profile were reimagined to be medical related. And he's been consistently referred to as MedievalGallantmon since Cyber Sleuth. It's even in the english version of the vital bracelet app.

It's not a localization choice. It's a careless translation, no different from the fact that Bandai has been consistently mixing up Ebonwumon and Zhuqiaomon for 20 years.

Wait what are we arguing about right now

It sounds like we're agreeing that his english name is just MedievalGallantmon

The only addition I'd go for is making a whole new Digimon that IS MedicalGallantmon

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

Wait what are we arguing about right now

It sounds like we're agreeing that his english name is just MedievalGallantmon

The only addition I'd go for is making a whole new Digimon that IS MedicalGallantmon

I am arguing that MedicalGallantmon is likely a translation mistake that sucks and has unfortunately stuck for several games now.

I dunno where you got that we were agreeing.

Anyway I was using "dub" as shorthand for the english version of the franchise. That was careless and I apologize.

anyway wooo, Zanmetsumon and ShinMonzaemon. They're super neat.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
All I know is that if they made Citramon official in a future game I would immediately go out and buy the most expensive version available

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Lol that Zanmetsumon has a move where it yells real loud but doesn’t use it because it doesn’t involve swords

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Angoramon’s BEM chart leaked but it’s pretty grainy.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Dirvittmon? Dirbittmon? Dirvittomon? My Japanese is trash tier at best, but I can't make heads of tails of the name for Angoramon's Ultimate. I'm guessing it isn't English given LaMortmon is French, but I have no idea what it's supposed to be.

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 25, 2022

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Dilbertmon

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Could also be Dirupittomon, since it's hard to tell the difference between "ビ" and "ピ" at that resolution

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Searching “ディルビット” turns up the Digimon and a few drill bits called “dill bits.” I’m guessing the name is a portmanteau of something and “rabbit.”

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

possibly, except that "drill" would be "ドリル"

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I still say it’s from dilbert

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Derbitt? Dervish+Rabbit?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Omnicrom posted:

Derbitt? Dervish+Rabbit?

They use the little イ with the デ, so whatever the digimon's name is, it's definitely "Di" something. Ironically, Digimon itself doesn't use the little イ, so it's technically Dejimon (デジモン).

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

King of Solomon posted:

They use the little イ with the デ, so whatever the digimon's name is, it's definitely "Di" something. Ironically, Digimon itself doesn't use the little イ, so it's technically Dejimon (デジモン).

i think the logic there is because of a short vowel /ɪ/ vs long vowel /i/, and if this is the latter i'm guessing "dear" (again, a long sound) and it's like dear rabbit squished together. or deer, and we're just missing some antlers in the image

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Mister Olympus posted:

i think the logic there is because of a short vowel /ɪ/ vs long vowel /i/, and if this is the latter i'm guessing "dear" (again, a long sound) and it's like dear rabbit squished together. or deer, and we're just missing some antlers in the image

That's probably not far off from what it actually is. Looking forward to seeing the digimon in higher res.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Wendigomon EX4-054 C
Champion | Virus | Beastkin

[Digivolve: 2 from Lvl 3 w/[Terriermon] or [Lopmon] in name]
<Alliance> (When this Digimon attacks, by suspending 1 of your other Digimon, during this attack, this Digimon gets the suspended Digimon's DP, and gains <Security Attack +1>.
-----
[End of Attack] [Once per Turn] If you have another suspended Digimon, return 1 green Digimon card from your trash to your hand.

quote:

Antylamon EX-057 C <02>
Ultimate | Virus | Holy Beast
[Digivolution: 3 from a 2-colored Lv.4 Green Digimon]
<Alliance> (When this Digimon attacks, by suspending 1 of your other Digimon, during this attack, this Digimon gains the suspended Digimon's DP, and gets <Security Attack +1>.
[End of Attack] You may play a Lv.3 green Digimon from trash without paying its memory cost.
----
Inherited: [End of Attack] (Once Per Turn) If you have another suspended Digimon in play, return 1 green Digimon from your trash to your hand.

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Nov 26, 2022

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Two different Antylamon in the same set is a bit weird, but maybe we'll get two or three versions of all the Digimon

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Some Numbers posted:

Two different Antylamon in the same set is a bit weird, but maybe we'll get two or three versions of all the Digimon

Black Guilmon showed up in the background of one of tonight's reveal (black Agumon and black Gabumon), and there is a slot for him so there is a small chance we might get him… Not sure I'd put money on that, but still.

Meanwhile, Ghost Game 53 gives us a celebration of our weirdo heroes. God I love them.

I guess the answer to what they're going to do with Thetismon since she doesn't have a new attack is ultimately resolve the situation without fighting by relying on the power of Kiyoshiro being an independently wealthy yet cringetastic chuuni otaku. It was fun seeing Baalmon get increasingly pissed off at the characters asking him random questions he couldn't answer, which actually did tie into the moral of the episode.

Next episode I'm really curious about. I don't recognize the swords, but the horns at the end on Hiro look like they're from Ghilliedhumon, and he's described as having powerful magic eyes which seem to fit the mystery next episode. Also it seems like Espimon has finally got sick of everyone's poo poo...

...Hover Espimon next episode?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Double posting because apparently the profiles for Gammamon's other evolutions from the Dim Card are out.

REGULUSMON

quote:

An Evil Dragon Digimon that intends to rule through rage and fear. Despite being a Perfect, it boasts a power that is reminiscent of Megidramon, one of the Four Great Dragons Digimon who is considered to be the most evil, and so Regulusmon's arrival is nothing but a disaster. Its body is the source of an infection known as "GRB" (Gulus Realm Burst), and it is said that Digimon infected with "GRB" Factor have their personalities altered and become frenzied. However, the infection has not been confirmed in Digimon that have had the secretion "Black Digitron", which is said to be the main cause of blackening, mixed in with them.

Its Special Moves are opening the shield on its left arm wide and biting the enemy with it (Kalyp Bite), firing three penetrating lasers from its shield (Genius), and piercing the enemy with its bifurcated tail (Dead-end Spike). In addition, for its greatest threat "Gran Trace", it shoots a dark hellfire sphere from its mouth, swallowing not only matter but also light, and erasing everything without leaving a trace.

SIRIUSMON

quote:

An Ultimate-level Light Dragon Digimon that is affiliated with the group of justice, the Virus Busters. Whenever it senses a voice crying for help or ill intent, even from far away, it will descend like a comet and bring down the enemy with the "Sylvia" composite gunswords equipped to both its arms. However, even in battle, it is a kind-hearted being who brightens up everything around it to the point that if it senses a change of heart in its opponent, it will lay down its arms and open up to them.

Its Special Moves are firing light beam shots from its Sylvia (Photon Blaster), and a blade of order that bisects the enemy with its edge extended at the front (Cosmo Blade). In addition, it is said that the white flash from its "Break-quasar", in which it sends a slash of starlight that is contained within its blade flying as if chasing after the Photon Blaster that it fired, causing the combined shots of light and slash attack to explode in range of the enemy, looks like a meteor from remote areas. Also, even if its Sylvia get destroyed, it conceals its trump card "Planet Knuckle", in which it packs its fists with its life energy.

ARCTURUSMON

quote:

A phantom Digimon that is said to have evolved by concentrating dark, evil energy to its utmost limit. In a study on certain Digimon that produce the secretion known as GRB Factor, it was found that they "theoretically" evolved during a simulation that was conducted in which large amounts of GRB Factor were injected into the Digimon that produce it themselves to their limit. Although the simulation was repeated hundreds of times, all of the simulation results confirmed that they would evolve into this Digimon, so the thesis states that it is a Digimon that can manifest even in the actual Digital World as long as the conditions are met. It is unknown what sort of ecology it has, but since the level of dark energy measured in the simulation was by far the highest among Digimon that have currently been discovered, it is conjectured that when this Digimon manifests, it will generate a Digital Hazard that drastically alters the environment of the Digital World. Its predicted Special Moves are piercing the opponent with the drills on its arms and injecting them with GRB Factor to corrode them (Black Death), and coating the drills on both its arms with large amounts of GRB Factor and spinning them rapidly, allowing it to compress them to their utmost limit and then shoot them (Black Confession).

PROXIMAMON

quote:

A phantom Digimon that is said to possess the immense power to govern over destruction and creation. Since it is a Digimon that was predicted to "theoretically" manifest in a simulation within a high-speed computing device, it is unknown whether it exists in the actual Digital World. It has the ability to generate the opposing forces of holy energy and evil energy, and is said to be capable of disassembling every constituent substance in the Digital World with evil energy, and reconstructing the disassembled substances with holy energy to create new ones. Because it disassembles and recreates everything such as the Digimon in its surroundings and the environment merely by existing, there is a risk that the Digital World will be rewritten in the blink of an eye as a result of this Digimon manifesting. For that reason, in order to prevent the remote chance of it being abused, the simulation information on the evolution conditions for manifesting Proximamon is strictly kept secret. It perpetually invokes its "Extinction Cloud", in which it disassembles everything into its smallest units with black particles, and its "Light of Recreation", where it uses its huge battleaxe imbued with holy light to recreate what was disassembled into a new existence.

Putting aside the obvious bit of Gammamon getting a Level 7, if this is accurate to the show then the description of Regulusmon is very interesting indeed. The passing reference to black digitron is an interesting one given that it's described as being the reason why a number of black variants are colored in that manner. Initially I thought the lurking black Digimon might have been Gulus Gammamon's old crew, then I thought maybe they were his victims who had their color drained, and now I'm wondering if maybe they're supposed to be his wardens…

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 27, 2022

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Cards!

quote:

Tsunomon (EX4-003) U
In-Training | Lesser

Inherited: [Your Turn] [Once per Turn] When another of your Digimon digivolves, <Draw 1>.

It seems that the best egg effects are the ones that let you draw for doing something you’d be doing anyways. This fits the bill

quote:

Agumon EX4-038 C <02>
Rookie | Virus | Reptile

[On Play] Reveal 3 cards from the top of your deck. Add 1 Digimon card with [Greymon] in its name and 1 Digimon card with [Gabumon], [Garurumon] or [Omnimon] in its name from amongst then to your hand. Return the remaining cards to the top of your deck in any order.
---
Inherited: [Your Turn] (Once Per Turn) When your other Digimon digivolves, gain 1 memory.

Gabumon has the same effect but mirrored; it lets you grab a Garuru and an Agu, Grey, or Omni.

quote:

Greymon EX4-044 C
Champion | Virus | Dinosaur

[When Digivolving] You may digivolve 1 of your other Digimon into a level 6 or lower Digimon card with [Garurumon] in its name from your hand by paying its memory cost. When digivolving with this effect, reduce the cost by 2.
-----
Inherited: <Reboot>

Garurumon does the same but for Greymon.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
It's really interesting that champion level cards in this set seem to largely be identical to each other. Based on Agumon and Gabumon, I think it's fair to say that the rookie levels are also going to be identical (so when they reveal Terriermon, I fully expect it will do the same thing as Lopmon, but search Henry instead of Suzie.) The perfect and mega level slots are where they seem to diverge, which is fine, since the lower level slots have pretty strong effects. Double Reboot on Alter-S is a bit of an odd one, though.

I really hope we see Regulusmon and Arcturusmon in Ghost Game. It was also nice to see Baalmon in what seemed like a slam dunk Wisemon episode.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

An important point about the Greymon/Garurumon: If you have the new Tai/Matt dual Tamer out, you can evo into Greymon, use the Tamer effect to play a Gabumon for free (and gain a memory) and then use the Greymon affect to evo the Gabumon into Garuru for -2 cost and then gain 1 memory with Agu's inherited.

You can go from a single level 3 to two level 4s by spending a total of 0 memory.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I feel like they missed a trick this episode by not having Espimon ask Baalmon where the real Hiro Amanokawa was

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I know a lot of the art is good but im super vibing with the black gabu/agu lines

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Higher res version of the Angoramon BEM chart via the Amazon JP listing. Mega gives me a man-bunny sakuyamon kinda vibe.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I feel it's important to point out that Toei was having fun with the idea of "knowledge" this episode: all four Koshiro VAs appeared in it.
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_net/status/1596919968590811136

Ghost Game did this earlier too, with the idol trio Kiyoshiro likes having two out of three Mimi VAs (for some reason, the third one didn't have her Tri VA, the only one that wasn't there). I wonder if they plan to keep doing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Blaze Dragon posted:

Ghost Game did this earlier too, with the idol trio Kiyoshiro likes having two out of three Mimi VAs (for some reason, the third one didn't have her Tri VA, the only one that wasn't there). I wonder if they plan to keep doing this.

So far they've been quite good about doing VA callbacks, so I wouldn't be surprised. Say what you will about Adventure 20, they got basically every voice actor for a Digimon to come back.