Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I get adding Saber and Mash, they're the face characters and an acceptable crossover

This is just so random though, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I cannot unhear this as rootin, tootin, Ragna the Bloodedge.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i dont think hitman is op cus of system mechanics lol
he's op because under 33% hp he gets a safe on block dp that leads to touch of death combos

that's true, I more just meant that they exploit stuff the best but I dunno how to even phrase what I meant 12 hours later

Endorph posted:

the reason theyre giving the dlc away for free is the game the two characters are from

https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/1601893016217976832 here they are btw

that Ushiwaka lady looks cool imo

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Why are they ruining Melty Blood with these weeb characters, French Bread what are you doing

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Dantes murdered the poo poo out of Roa in the FGO timeline so that’s a funny pick. Also he’s rad as all hell though I would prefer Jalter.

I never would’ve expected ushi to get in but she’s great so good job fb

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Endorph posted:

the reason theyre giving the dlc away for free is the game the two characters are from

If they just make this game "Melty Blood VS FATE" I'm fine with that, a lot of characters in fate would own as fighting game characters

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Weird Pumpkin posted:

that's true, I more just meant that they exploit stuff the best but I dunno how to even phrase what I meant 12 hours later

that Ushiwaka lady looks cool imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weq79dLy6cs

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

OK so I got GGS to try it out and I'm liking it better than DNF. I like the movement and characters more, it seems to have more depth and content, and I've been able to find games more easily. I'm having some trouble figuring out combos, since it doesn't seem like BFZ or DNF where you can mostly cancel light into medium into heavy to get some basic combos.

Wondering which characters to get good at. So far I'm liking the big samurai guy and the naruto dude the most.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Gologle posted:

Why are they ruining Melty Blood with these weeb characters, French Bread what are you doing

:psyduck:

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

hey mom its 420 posted:

I'm having some trouble figuring out combos, since it doesn't seem like BFZ or DNF where you can mostly cancel light into medium into heavy to get some basic combos.

most basic blockstrings are
punches > punches/specials
kicks > dusts > specials
slashes > other slashes/heavy slashes > specials

here's a better-detailed rundown of the cancel system, called Gatlings in Strive
https://www.dustloop.com/w/GGST/Movement#Cancels

if you look at your character's pressure and combo strings you'll see they mostly use the above rules. Here's chipp's combo page on dustloop for instance:
https://www.dustloop.com/w/GGST/Chipp_Zanuff/Combos

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

hey mom its 420 posted:

OK so I got GGS to try it out and I'm liking it better than DNF. I like the movement and characters more, it seems to have more depth and content, and I've been able to find games more easily. I'm having some trouble figuring out combos, since it doesn't seem like BFZ or DNF where you can mostly cancel light into medium into heavy to get some basic combos.

Wondering which characters to get good at. So far I'm liking the big samurai guy and the naruto dude the most.

They're both very strong characters but we are getting a balance patch on 12/15. But I wouldn't worry too much about and just go press buttons.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Cool! Thanks for the tips. Yeah I'm not really at that level where it matters if the characters are meta or whatever, I just like their playstles. In DBFZ i played mostly krillin lol

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

play whoever you think looks cool/cute or has buttons/specials you like pressing

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Endorph posted:

Wait, what? We're just getting random cameos from literature now? Who's next, Gregor Samsa? Ivan Illych? The arab guy from L’Etranger?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Nah next character is gonna be this guy from F/GO

The Voyager 1 space probe, the one launched in 1977

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i wonder how many fighting games you would have to add together to reach the revenue of FGO, it's made billions so far

Wildly, DnF has made far more. Its in the top 10 grossing game series ever and thats 99.9% from one game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dhamster posted:

Wait, what? We're just getting random cameos from literature now? Who's next, Gregor Samsa? Ivan Illych? The arab guy from L’Etranger?
hes in fate/grand order. moriarty, sherlock, alice from alice in wonderland, don quixote, and jekyll and hyde are, too, among others.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dantes is there to make sure the FGO protag can sleep safe and sound at night. Thank you dante

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Kild posted:

Dantes is there to make sure the FGO protag can sleep safe and sound at night. Thank you dante

Dantes is your super edgy friend who is too embarrassed to admit that he's actually a really nice guy.

edit: Let 8ting make another fate game you cowards.

Ryoga fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 11, 2022

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Captain Flame Guy posted:

play whoever you think looks cute

:hai:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ushi is probably in part because of Saori Hayami after her biggest year yet, and out of her playables in Fate, Ushi is arguably the most popular out of Saint Martha, Atalanta, Melt (mostly because of the TV show).

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Isn't Ushi genderbent Minamato Yoshitsune?

That's fun

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I don't know poo poo about Melty or FATE but Hell Yeah I wanna play as the Count of Monte Cristo, that's badass.

I'm down with any fighting game to add classic lit characters tbh, where's my Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights DLC?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theres the les mis fighting game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ING9kPgEU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

When Takase was asked why he spent five years working on this game, he answered "because I have no friends."

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

This is loving absurd and I love it with my entire being. Enjolras holding the French flag like Sin and having a super where he calls down gunfire from his fellow revolutionaries is genius.

I'll probably download this. I've GOT to see how Eponine plays.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
There's also Write N Fight, which seemed like promising kusoge but it was so buggy/broken that I can hardly even recommend it as a joke purchase.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

the genesis of all great art

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my favorite thing about arm joe is its a really tortured pun on the jp title of les miserables (aa mujou, or 'ahhh, how heartless/cruel')

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

my favorite thing about arm joe is its a really tortured pun on the jp title of les miserables (aa mujou, or 'ahhh, how heartless/cruel')

lmao that's great

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

the genesis of all great art

Turns out the power of friendship is holding people back.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XWGTNKu_eU&t=72s

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also the boss character is the concept of Judgement.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Endorph posted:

That's amazing

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

I want to clobber people with a big sword, OP

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

hes in fate/grand order. moriarty, sherlock, alice from alice in wonderland, don quixote, and jekyll and hyde are, too, among others.

If there is anything I like about FGO, it is that it takes the conceit of "Battle Royale between mages and their summoned heroes from the past, present, or future, fictional or otherwise" from its source material, and absolutely runs with it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
So, Ed Boon did a Q&A Twitter thread, and although not official, looks like we're probably getting MK12 next year:

https://twitter.com/Rooflemonger/status/1601950844387196930

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

AlternateNu posted:

I’m honestly shocked they haven’t added any Mahoyo characters yet.

It took me way too long to realize this wasn't a request for Genshin Impact characters in Melty.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah. Hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dee Jay looking cool as hell