Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Brain as smooth as glass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

There is a disclaimer he can use in "public interest' so his enemies can still be targeted if he wants:

How is it private information if it's publicly available?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

i think that part is so he can take down videos of him being booed

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

heavy liquid posted:

There is a disclaimer he can use in "public interest' so his enemies can still be targeted if he wants:

Hasn't Elon essentially threatened (and actually released) a ton of personal data to the Legion of Hack-Fraud Journalists to go through? And openly doxxed former employees to the point of death threats?

Suuuurrre buddy. No private info posted yeah

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

punishedkissinger posted:

i think that part is so he can take down videos of him being booed

You also can't post that picture of him and Ghislaine Maxwell because you don't have their consents.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

heavy liquid posted:

You also can't post that picture of him and Ghislaine Maxwell because you don't have their consents.

thats delayed tho. should be good to go

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
dear hunter biden, how's it going? hope u are well. Hey, I was just wondering, do you care i post some pictures of you on twitter? Please wirte back soon

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

heavy liquid posted:

Ah yes, the LibsOfTikTok exception. Can’t risk pissing off his new best friends

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

How is Elon, by his own actions., not a "Public Figure"?

Is it because of the "LE EPIC TROLL" Clause in paragraph 8 of this?

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
https://twitter.com/TwitterSafety/status/1603165967453868032

Apparently a plane landing isn't a "public event" despite being broadcast on public channels

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

oh no what will happen with my elonjet coins?!?@?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lamech posted:

oh no what will happen with my elonjet coins?!?@?

Believe it or not, straight to the Bahamas

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

So he definitely blocked the elonjet account because the crowd booing incident made him paranoid, right?
He's finally realized that thousands if not millions of people hate his guts, and it's shaken him.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

he's always known

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

kru posted:

he's always known

Correct

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
More likely he’s just a petty little bitch.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

This is a post for the ages.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Butterwagon posted:

https://twitter.com/TwitterSafety/status/1603165967453868032

Apparently a plane landing isn't a "public event" despite being broadcast on public channels

Everything's going great.

Jesus Christ Musk, just sell Twitter, take the L, and slink into the shadows.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I would have the tiniest inkling of more respect for him if he just admitted "Rules don't matter, it's my website fuckwads, I can do whatever I want".

Instead he does this lame VOX DEII VOX POPULI :bravo: poo poo and it's like good lord dude, are you really rules lawyering on the website you loving own to save face?

Get some self respect

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Trade Rumor twitter just died

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

I would have the tiniest inkling of more respect for him if he just admitted "Rules don't matter, it's my website fuckwads, I can do whatever I want".

Instead he does this lame VOX DEII VOX POPULI :bravo: poo poo and it's like good lord dude, are you really rules lawyering on the website you loving own to save face?

Get some self respect

Yeah just make the rule "absolutely don't post anything that could offend Elon" and get it over with

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The dude posts like a loving Incel arguing how his posts didn't TECHNICALLY break the rules in GameFaqs, but he owns the loving website

It's just so pathetic

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

ben shapino posted:

i think she was sarcastically agreeing with him

I'm late, and still catching up, so this may have been answered already, but she was:
https://twitter.com/kelly_carlin/status/1602791501003599872

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

and now he's back? for now.

https://twitter.com/ElonJet/status/1603166460746104833

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol if Elon gets even the slightest amount of backlash he either deletes his tweet or quietly undoes whatever fuckup he did

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

lol if Elon gets even the slightest amount of backlash he either deletes his tweet or quietly undoes whatever fuckup he did

How do we get him to undo buying Twitter?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Elon is falling apart, trying to look cool to his chuds while realizing that "absolute free speech" isn't "I get to drop the hard R and no one can say anything about it."

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
It only randomly kills you or others sometimes, stop being such snowflakes about it. We will fix it in a patch later, maybe. We fired the guys who could do that but we will figure it out. Maybe.

Meanwhile Ford, not that I'm a fanboy or anything, has now sent a second letter that "hey, haven't heard back, just a reminder your airbag has a decent chance of explosively shooting shrapnel into you instead of doing the airbag thing. It's free and only takes a day, give us a call."

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Is he trying to bankrupt twitter? All the severance and rent court cases will cost a shitload and the company already doesn't make money

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

E the Shaggy posted:

Everything's going great.

Jesus Christ Musk, just sell Twitter, take the L, and slink into the shadows.

I honestly wonder how much he could get for it at this point. He'd probably insist on a non-disclosure agreement as part of the deal lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

TulliusCicero posted:

How do we get him to undo buying Twitter?

surprisingly, the answer is cyberbullying

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I will take ownership of twitter and they only have to pay me $20

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Devils Affricate posted:

I honestly wonder how much he could get for it at this point. He'd probably insist on a non-disclosure agreement as part of the deal lol

I remember reading that is was actually worth something like $8 billion but Musk paid what he did because 420 lulz.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

E the Shaggy posted:

I remember reading that is was actually worth something like $8 billion but Musk paid what he did because 420 lulz.

Yes, it is the funny number. And he knows funny. He once kicked another child to death 420 times in his childhood, while his bodyguards helped hold the child down. He is working class. 42069 would be extravagant.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Elon will have to move every 24 hours for the rest of his life because of the massive assassination risk this account represents. Terrible.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

he should post where elon's jet is going to crash. i'd follow that

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

surc posted:

I will take ownership of twitter and they only have to pay me $20
You'll be buying a mountain of debt and looming legal liabilities, so I'd probably ask for a little more.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Oh, I figured out how to get around this ban: "My twitter account is not tracking a person, it's tracking a vehicle"

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

Already suspended again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

the actual worst mod in history