Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

jeffreyw posted:

I did too until I was reminded the kids he had with Grimes are literally referred to as X and Y because of course they are.

https://i.imgur.com/gUi9UNd.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
Him being the protagonist of the world, like obviously all of the twitter harassment policies are bullshit unless something happens to him.

But like lol add it to the miles high pile of hypocrisies of guys like him.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Musk clearly shoved his son into a self-driving Tesla car and the car hit a pedestrian.

Big Butt Skinner
Apr 16, 2005

Blueprints of the dummy...
Notarized photos of you making the dummy...
And an alternate wording for the banner: "Buttzilla."

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Read this in the style of the "21st Century Schizoid" part of Kanye West's "POWER"

and y'know, it not only fits, it's just fitting
:wtc:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/NotABigJerk/status/1603174471216824320?s=20&t=PMqsGMRZHG8Q-FvSvfalQQ

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

are you allowed to tweet the location of the speaker of the house during an insurrection? asking for a friend

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Randarkman posted:

That's being overly flattering to our capabilities. Mars's atmosphere is mostly carbon dioxide, but it's the major component of an atmosphere that is hardly there. Raising the level of CO2 in Earth's atmospehre by a noticeable amount where it contributes to the greenhouse effect (which needs a substantial atmosphere to begin with to function) and producing enough CO2 on Mars in order for it to have a substantial atmosphere and enough CO2 for a potent greenhouse effect, are orders of magnitude apart.

Just take all the extra CO2 from Earth and put it on Mars. Two birds with one stone. Simple as.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm so happy that the outcome of "I'm gonna stop all the bots! :smuggo:" is that he did actually hamfistedly turn off the bots and all that's left is a lot more "gently caress off, Elon" without them :allears:.

Withnail posted:

I legit thought he meant lil naz x.

Me too actually.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

Which itself was a callback to “21st Century Digital Boy” by Bad Religion wasn’t it?

That's bait

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Doesn't this new rule make the very concept of livestreaming a violation? We really are in the dumbest universe

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Elon should maybe get some employees together on some kind of trust and safety team

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Propaganda Hour posted:

Doesn't this new rule make the very concept of livestreaming a violation? We really are in the dumbest universe

almost like twitter was big on spreading awareness of what was going on during the protests and the new manbaby chud that owns it Disagrees

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Chrpno posted:

That's bait

:rolleyes:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
It's in everyone's best interest that Elon keeps mandating incomprehensible new rules that change every few days, it gives cunning people new ways to troll him via technicality and further erodes his public image, and therefore any business associated with him

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Justin Credible posted:

almost like twitter was big on spreading awareness of what was going on during the protests and the new manbaby chud that owns it Disagrees

Exactly! My first thought was large protests like the BLM protests, Arab Spring, Charlottesville... Really any livestream from a space where you are not the sole individual in view.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Which itself was a callback to 17th Century Parchment Man by

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

Exactly! My first thought was large protests like the BLM protests, Arab Spring, Charlottesville... Really any livestream from a space where you are not the sole individual in view.

this is the actual point isn't it
twitter just realized how it could become a censorship platform for authoritarians lol

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Data Graham posted:

Which itself was a callback to 17th Century Parchment Man by

Which itself was just riffing off 13th century dying so painfully of plague in a ditch by roadside while cursing thy god that did forsake me so, man by unknown author.

They had longer titles back then.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

ruddiger posted:

It’s wild how many schools are in buildings full of lead and asbestos in TYOOL 2022

asbestos doesnt give you brain damage??

I mean it could if it got there some how.

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

https://twitter.com/fordm/status/1603213473772703745?s=20&t=-pLGDJ3TgyribDgP5uLlfw

Meanwhile someone is having liquidity problems

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Dude's going to lose all his money to own the libz.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Uh oh, doxxing financial information will get a ban

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Propaganda Hour posted:

You’ve already put more thought into this than the poor overworked intern who had ten minutes to backward engineer a rule to justify banning the jet account in ten minutes after deciphering Musk’s “lol guess what you’re doing to not get fired!” email

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

E the Shaggy posted:

God drat we're going to be so owned.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

So am I misreading here or is this not "how do I get rid of the account that posts where I am while allowing Libs of TikTok to keep doxxing people?" in policy form?

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I like how he just throws "doxxing" in there because its a triggerword for chuds. Doxxing is when you tie someone's online identity to their real identity and post that information publicly.

Reposting the public location of a jet isn't doxxing the jet, or the person who owns the jet. If I see an airplane in the sky I'm not doxxing it with my eyes.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

E the Shaggy posted:

No. Stop. Don't do it. :geno:

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

MJeff posted:

So am I misreading here or is this not "how do I get rid of the account that posts where I am while allowing Libs of TikTok to keep doxxing people?" in policy form?

Yeah, it's definitely written in such a vague way that Elon can just :actually: anyone who tries to flip it

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Hold the fuckin phone, is this another 3 billion on top of the 4 billion he sold a couple weeks back? Am I imagining things here?! :psyduck:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

what's he spending this money on if it isn't going to poo poo like rent?

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Whole bunch of Saudi Arabia debt backed by stock going into the toilet? He borrowed the 44b to buy Twitter.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

kazil posted:

what's he spending this money on if it isn't going to poo poo like rent?

IVF doesn't pay for itself.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

err posted:

Who is lil x

lil nas x

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
10 Tesla Investors Lose $132.5 Billion From Musk's Twitter Fiasco

https://www.investors.com/etfs-and-funds/sectors/tesla-stock-investors-lose-132-5-billion-from-musks-twitter-fiasco/

Tesla (TSLA) investors are growing tired of Elon Musk's Twitter fiasco. And for good reason.

The 10 largest investors in the electric-vehicle maker's stock, including ETF giants Vanguard, BlackRock (BLK) and Musk himself, lost nearly $133 billion since Twitter's board accepted Musk's buyout on April 25, says an Investor's Business Daily analysis of data from S&P Global Market Intelligence and MarketSmith.

Tesla's value is down more than 52% since the Twitter buyout was approved on April 25, while the S&P 500 is only off 5.5%. And Tesla stock is off 29% since the deal closed on Oct. 27, much worse than the S&P 500's 6.6% gain in that time. Shares are down again Wednesday, by 3.4% to 155.38.

That's shredding a jaw-dropping amount of wealth for Tesla investors. The value of Tesla is down $339 billion from the Twitter deal's approval and $206 billion from the close.

Investors worry that Musk is so infatuated with Twitter, he's not minding Tesla.

Investors owning shares of Tesla, now down more than 50% this year, are vocally expressing displeasure. "There is no TSLA CEO today," Gary Black, managing partner of the Future Fund, which is down nearly $18 million on its Tesla stock since April, tweeted Monday, as first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

Musk is definitely suffering the most from the Tesla implosion. As the largest shareholder with 14.1% of the company, he's personally lost $47.9 billion from the time the Twitter deal closed.

But losses are spreading to Main Street, too, as the giant ETF and mutual fund companies are the next biggest owners. Vanguard, which is forecasting a recession next year, is the No. 2 largest holder of Tesla stock. It owns nearly 7% of the company. And due to that, its shareholders are down nearly $23 billion from the Twitter deal close.

Good thing no one ever sues over money.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Yeah like I said earlier, sooner or later the Tesla shareholders are going to step in. True believers or not, their allegiance is mostly to share value, not Musk. Not sure what that will look like just yet but with Musk dumping a ridiculous amount of shares on the market for cheap, who knows?

I’m sure he has people on the board who will evangelize for him for a time, but once they feel like their jobs are at risk I bet they change their tune.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Lol, maybe he doesn't want the plane tracked cause he thinks that way law enforcement can't nab him when he runs.

Or the Saudi's when they want their money back.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Isn't posting a picture from a sporting event giving an individual's location?

I've heard of it being forbidden to broadcast a game without the express, written consent of Major League Baseball, but this is ridiculous.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I never wanted to twitter before but now I kinda do just to troll elmo until I get banned.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Last Call posted:

10 Tesla Investors Lose $132.5 Billion From Musk's Twitter Fiasco

https://www.investors.com/etfs-and-funds/sectors/tesla-stock-investors-lose-132-5-billion-from-musks-twitter-fiasco/

Tesla (TSLA) investors are growing tired of Elon Musk's Twitter fiasco. And for good reason.

The 10 largest investors in the electric-vehicle maker's stock, including ETF giants Vanguard, BlackRock (BLK) and Musk himself, lost nearly $133 billion since Twitter's board accepted Musk's buyout on April 25, says an Investor's Business Daily analysis of data from S&P Global Market Intelligence and MarketSmith.

Tesla's value is down more than 52% since the Twitter buyout was approved on April 25, while the S&P 500 is only off 5.5%. And Tesla stock is off 29% since the deal closed on Oct. 27, much worse than the S&P 500's 6.6% gain in that time. Shares are down again Wednesday, by 3.4% to 155.38.

That's shredding a jaw-dropping amount of wealth for Tesla investors. The value of Tesla is down $339 billion from the Twitter deal's approval and $206 billion from the close.

Investors worry that Musk is so infatuated with Twitter, he's not minding Tesla.

Investors owning shares of Tesla, now down more than 50% this year, are vocally expressing displeasure. "There is no TSLA CEO today," Gary Black, managing partner of the Future Fund, which is down nearly $18 million on its Tesla stock since April, tweeted Monday, as first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

Musk is definitely suffering the most from the Tesla implosion. As the largest shareholder with 14.1% of the company, he's personally lost $47.9 billion from the time the Twitter deal closed.

But losses are spreading to Main Street, too, as the giant ETF and mutual fund companies are the next biggest owners. Vanguard, which is forecasting a recession next year, is the No. 2 largest holder of Tesla stock. It owns nearly 7% of the company. And due to that, its shareholders are down nearly $23 billion from the Twitter deal close.

Good thing no one ever sues over money.

How do I tell Vanguard I don’t appreciate them investing my money in losers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

It's a totally unworkable set of rules and one with potential significant legal consequences. Still, I'm sure Musk ran it by Twitter's legal department before posting it.

I almost wish I had a twitter account so I could start mass reporting any photo posted on the website...