Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There is a small nugget of truth in that big time Dynamite main events always feel shortchanged on time to me. Like the bell rings at like 52 minutes past the hour so we gotta do an epic title match in 7 mins and change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The best part of Thursday is reading hatertakes about the good wrestling that happened on Wednesday.

Rampage ratings would be better if it got this kind of engagement.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

Don't forget the CD Label Lawyer,

I have a vague memory of this being funny, can someone remind me of this?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RandolphCarter posted:

I have a vague memory of this being funny, can someone remind me of this?

In response to allegations of sexual assault, Riddle's lawyer released a photograph of a printed statement which was very clearly printed on one of those sheets of CD labels.

The original tweet was deleted but this somehow lives on.

https://twitter.com/drose_esq/status/1274099334712373249?s=20&t=a_VKeEinIbTS-uL5BcI3Wg

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

xbilkis posted:

Smart wrestling fans are wise to Chris Jericho’s nefarious scheme of “using his popularity to work entertaining programs with wrestlers he thinks are talented” — all just to ensure he remains popular!

If Jericho were really as selfless as he wanted you to believe, he’d lose every match he was in and only wrestle people who aren’t popular at all. (Uhhh, but not the way he did last night…that was bad because he decided to do something interesting on a card where other matches were happening, therefore undermining those matches…)

Love to tweet all day everyday about how I am too smart to be fooled into enjoying the thing I watch and tweet about constantly

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

In response to allegations of sexual assault, Riddle's lawyer released a photograph of a printed statement which was very clearly printed on one of those sheets of CD labels.

The fact that he had to print it out so he could photograph it so had a picture of it for Twitter instead of just taking a screenshot of it was funny. The printing it on a CD label sheet was hilarious.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

The original tweet was deleted but this somehow lives on.

https://twitter.com/drose_esq/status/1274099334712373249?s=20&t=a_VKeEinIbTS-uL5BcI3Wg

lol Thank you.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What did he print it on the second time? Address labels?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

What did he print it on the second time? Address labels?

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1368300899563606022

Yes there was also an oft forgotten third printing.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

MassRafTer posted:

The Wrestling Gimmick Trademark Lawyer seems nice, he trademarks stuff for people in the AEWverse which was one of the signs Sasha might be AEW bound as she used him.
For more information/context his name is Michael Dockins and he's done trademark work for a shitload of wrestlers, including a lot of AEWverse people, but also Mick Foley, Road Dogg, Billie Starkz, Tito Santana, The IInspiration, Bray Wyatt, Mojo Rawley, Goldberg, Big Swole, MORDECAI, GCW, CYN, JCP, Mia Yim, Mance Warner, Rockstar Spud, Jordynne Grace, Ashley Flair, Missy Hyatt, Matt Cardona, Sam Roberts, Barry Darsow, WALTER, Harley Race['s family] and several members of the Psychopathic Records family.

I realize that many of these people can be considered part of the AEW Extended Universe, but at this point Dockins is basically the Trademark Lawyer for everyone in wrestling who isn't in WWE (and a few that are)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Wrong thread sorry

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 15, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

There is a small nugget of truth in that big time Dynamite main events always feel shortchanged on time to me. Like the bell rings at like 52 minutes past the hour so we gotta do an epic title match in 7 mins and change.

The Andretti match went 9 minutes, it wasn't long

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

There hasn't been a main event less than 15 minutes since the Full Gear go-home when the technical main event was Toni Storm vs Anna JAS. Not sure when the last actual main event under 10 minutes was, even Mox vs Hangman went over 10 minutes.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Rarity posted:

The Andretti match went 9 minutes, it wasn't long

real eyes

MassRafTer posted:

There hasn't been a main event less than 15 minutes since the Full Gear go-home when the technical main event was Toni Storm vs Anna JAS. Not sure when the last actual main event under 10 minutes was, even Mox vs Hangman went over 10 minutes.

realize

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

wrong thread

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Matt Bloom insisting that Shawn Michaels fires this Bowens guy

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Oh yeah sorry, meant to post on the Dynamite one

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The funniest loving thing is that MJF vs Ricky was the longest match. From what this guy suggested, Jericho vs Andretii should have gone minus 6 minutes and the trios match should have only gone 5.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Testekill posted:

The funniest loving thing is that MJF vs Ricky was the longest match. From what this guy suggested, Jericho vs Andretii should have gone minus 6 minutes and the trios match should have only gone 5.

I mean if you want to go back to late-90s wrestling, that's how it's done.

quote:

D-Generation X (The Road Dogg & X-Pac) & Kane vs. Mark Henry, D-Lo Brown & Billy Gunn (w/Ivory) ended in a No Contest in a Six Man Tag Team Match (6:00)
The Godfather & Val Venis (w/Hos) defeated Jeff Jarrett & Owen Hart (w/Debra) (3:56)
Test defeated Meat (w/Jackie, Ryan Shamrock & Terri Runnels) (6:00)
The Undertaker defeated The Rock in a Casket Match (3:49)
Michael Hayes & The Hardy Boyz (Matt Hardy & Jeff Hardy) vs. The Brood (Gangrel, Edge, & Christian) ended in a Double DQ in a Six Man Tag Team Match (6:39)
The Big Show (w/Ken Shamrock, Mankind & Test) defeated The Big Bossman (w/Bradshaw, Faarooq & Mideon) (2:00)
Steve Austin vs. Triple H (w/Chyna & Shane McMahon) ended in a No Contest (11:00)

poo poo. wrestling suuuucked in the 90s

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Trev has been having a complete breakdown over the Mandy thing and it's kind of sad to watch.

He doesn't have anything interesting to say to people calling him out on it either so he's just lashing out at TEH AMERICANZ instead of saying anything of substance too. Lmao.

Why do so many wrestlers follow him, again? Like legit, he has a ton of wrestlers and industry-related people following him, but WHY?

Vandar fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 16, 2022

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Vandar posted:

Trev has been having a complete breakdown over the Mandy thing and it's kind of sad to watch.

He doesn't have anything interesting to say to people calling him out on it either so he's just lashing out at TEH AMERICANZ instead of saying anything of substance too. Lmao.

Why do so many wrestlers follow him, again? Like legit, he has a ton of wrestlers and industry-related people following him, but WHY?

Wrestlers are monumental gossips and he is someone to gossip to

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I really hate Rovert

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/thisisnasty/status/1603210283668754432?s=61&t=ilJZoCuEdO7GyetXaeRoyw

Why is he like this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

I mean if you want to go back to late-90s wrestling, that's how it's done.

poo poo. wrestling suuuucked in the 90s

lmfao at the sub-4 minute long casket match

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Chris James 2 posted:

lmfao at the sub-4 minute long casket match

I think I love that Test vs Meat got more time than Undertaker vs Rock in a gimmick match. Truly a golden age of wrestling (just not in the US)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

The j-word
Just as bad as hard r

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Can a Jobba borrow a French Fry?

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Can a Jobba borrow a French Fry?

Jericho: "I just repeated the insult back to him because that's what I've been trained to do."
TK: "That is not what he has been trained to do."

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1603836245616267264

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Really impressive that with Booker you'd think it's impossible for the quote to be as bad as the headlines but it's always worse.

quote:

"I was one of the first ones that said AEW took Jeff Hardy immediately after he was having problems. They wanted to look past that. This right here is a problem more than anything. I don't think someone should just jump in and think about 'let's make some money off of Mandy Rose and her sex appeal,' and, let's put it out there, use her. I don't want Mandy Rose to be used by any of these other so-called wannabe promoters," he stated.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thanks booker, glad to hear that nobody should try to make money off mandy rose’s looks now that she is not making wwe any money off her looks

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

drat. Can you imagine a promotion trying to make money off Mandy Rose's sex appeal? What a wild idea.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Despite not giving two shits about Mandy Rose, I now hope some company that isn't AEW picks her up and pays her a bunch of money.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Is Booker trying to suggest that posing for sexy pics is as bad as doing whatever the hell Jeff Hardy puts into his body?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
"Only WWE should be allowed to profit off a woman's body" is a hell of a take this holiday season but here we are I guess

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Choosing between Bucks and FTR is like choosing between steak and lobster.

I mean I don’t really like lobster, but I understand it’s really good.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

to me it's choosing between a bacon cheseburger and a [said like "the heartbreakkidshawnmichaels"] spicy chicken sandwich

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
It’s so disappointing that Booker became such a sycophant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

[0.0] "This is not pro-wrestling, this is a slaughter show. I watched their documentary via YouTube on Vice and yeah mad props for doing that crappy stunt but yeah, still a disgrace of the promotion. Upon watching its highlights on the most gruesome CZW moments, like throwing through pile of glass, light tubes, chainsaw FFS, nails, glass shards, is that even wrestling. The zero rating truly deserve it and only deranged idiots would love this garbage."

WoLFPaCKnWo1995 wrote on 15.07.2017:
[10.0] "Ah that's my boy Shawn (Michaels) lol, no seriously the heartbreak kid deserves his place in wrestling history, take notes vanilla midgets, here's a living example on how to be a small wrestler and not suck."

WoLFPaCKnWo1995 wrote on 15.07.2017:
Eddie Guerrero [8.0] no comment

SquilliamFancyson wrote on 11.02.2022:
[10.0] "The Undertaker was not a versatile wrestler, not a dynamic character, not an amazing promo, and yet he's one of the all time greats. His stoicism and longevity created an aura only matched by the murder grandpa Minoru Suzuki, and was a great in-ring performer as his unwavering grim determination let his opponents show amazing emotional depth. The End of An Era hell in cell almost brought me to tears, and his ability to brawl and structure a match were amazing."