Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

always here for an onryo appearance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

forkboy84 posted:

Satoshi Kojima escaping New Japan openers to prove he's maybe the 2nd best 50+ wrestler in the world (Mochi numero uno) is maybe my favourite story of 2022

I wish more promotions would do age-related belts. DDT's U-30 and O-40 belts were really good ideas and it's too bad they didn't stick around.
Though maybe having one in NOAH would be hanging too much of a lampshade on it. :corsair:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekxl96yM2os

Latest GLEAT airs in 50 minutes

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I'm watching and I can't believe how long the intro to the show is, it just keeps going

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I'm watching and I can't believe how long the intro to the show is, it just keeps going

Yeah, it's part of why I stopped watching these "live", so I can at least skip that nonsense

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
It cracks me up every time. Imagine any other promotion dedicating 15-20 seconds each to every member of its roster. AEW's would be like 10 minutes long.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Hey, we've got a free All Japan show tomorrow!

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEST/9:30am GMT/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

All Japan #ajpw XmasEVE4
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo

Black Menso-re vs Izanagi
TAJIRI & Yoshitatsu vs Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito & Rei Saito)
Suwama vs Takao Omori
Dan Tamura & Masao Inoue vs Gungir of Anarchy (Masao Hanahata & Ryuki Honda)
Atsuki Aoyagi & Hokuto Omori vs Rising HAYATO & Ryo Inoue
Shuji Ishikawa vs Yuma Anzai
Special Tag Match decided by draw on the day but featuring Kento Miyahara, Jake Lee, Naoya Nomura & Yuma Aoyagi

It's not the biggest show ever but it's free wrestling, all you have to do is register on AJPW.TV and they send a code to your email. Main event should be worth a watch

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Looking forward to seeing if Omori will eat another pin or if his road to the title starts today

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Not sure if it's just a symptom of their video player, but ajpw.tv never goes stright from the splashscreen to live like World and Universe, I have to wait a couple of minutes after when the show is supposed to start, refresh the page and play the video a second time

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jesus Christ Shuji is beating the tar out of this kid, did Anzai take his daughter out on a disappointing date or something :stonk:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Someone at the DDT show today

https://twitter.com/Flame286/status/1605524584404357121?s=20&t=7YGXo7ceELmIBZzBZwn4RQ

Seems right for a Dieno produce show

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://mobile.twitter.com/shupromobile/status/1605400442879430656

I want to buy this as a poster, wonder if they're selling the photo book internationally. I recognise most of them, just whiffing on the three between Masato Tanaka/Yuka (assume DG) and the 5 at the back between Hash and Io. Oh, and the guy at the back next to Drew who I assume is a Deathmatch guy.

Good for Shota and Ninja Mack getting spots, interesting that Ueno and Higuchi are there and Takeshita isn't. Also lol at no Jake Lee, just Kento and the Aoyagi brothers repping All Japan

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Top left I recognise but cannot place. The joshi left of Hashimoto are Saori Anou, Suzu Suzuki, Rin Kadokura & maybe Haruka Umesaki? Dunno about next to Io. Next to Tanaka is Hideyoshi Kamitani of BJW

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Top left is Fujita Jr. Hayato I thin. It is indeed Haruka Umesaki and I’m pretty sure Asahi is next to Io

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Oh, of course it's Hayato, duh. My mind went to Jun Masaoka & I couldn't get past it despite googling a picture of Masaoka & it clearly not being him.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I would never have picked Suzu with that hair

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yeah, she got that done relatively recently. I think for the Risa Sera anniversary show, or at least around then.

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1605623233956306944?s=20&t=Ez3D1q9ccEis0ocLcYa2rg

I'd been wondering how the gently caress this tag league was still going on. Started on the 4th September as far as I can tell, Osaka Surprise 61.

18 teams, 2 blocks, 36 matches in each. A Block has so far had 26 matches by my count (give or take 1 or 2, this isn't scientific, I could have missed one or double counted, this isn't important enough to actually double check), B Block has had 24. So that's 22 matches just to finish the loving blocks, then probably a semi-final & final, judging by the last time they ran 2 blocks in this tournament. That was 2019, which ran from September 1st until November 26th apparently.

So we're about 2/3rd of the way. And yet they are still doing 1 or 2 matches on most shows. It's bewildering. I have no idea if this thing will even be over before Ikkitousen starts, most years it begins March but 2022 was a January start.

And it's not like the drat tour is drawing. They didn't break 300 at the last Korakuen

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 22, 2022

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ah Big Japan, how the gently caress are you still in business

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The only thing that makes sense is money laundering. Got no evidence obviously but they draw poorly and have the added expense of all the Deathmatch paraphernalia and they don't have a wealthy owner as far as we're aware.

I dunno, they run a lot of shows so maybe they barely break even & it's enough to keep rolling on? Not sure how a show with 98 customers & 22 wrestlers on the card is making money. £20 for the cheap seats, maybe £50 for front row ringside, call it £30 average and that's less than £3,000 gate. Takamatsu Symbol Tower Exhibition Hall costs about £300 to rent for the evening, there's at least 1 referee, must be some sort of fee for accommodation as they are in Shikoku, long way from the dojo. Fuel for the bus & ringtruck from the previous show in Fukuoka. And they have to set up for a livestream to NicoNico. Unless the average pay for the guys on the show is £100 I am not sure how there's much profit there.

So back to money washing

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

SG Bamboo posted:

I recognise most of them, just whiffing on the three between Masato Tanaka/Yuka (assume DG)
Just the latter two - Yuki Yoshioka & Kota Minoura.

Yuki's being primed as the new DG ace and has been a huge draw this year. It's a little weird to have Minoura representing DG because the other members of his stable are way more over right now, but then again it's a photo book, and that man has washboard abs for days.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I see that someone needs to watch Yuki Yoshioka/Kaito Kiyomiya vs Kenoh/Kota Minoura in NOAH last 11/11

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pro wrestling WAVE spoilers: Risa Sera is challenging Hikaru Shida for the Regina di WAVE on January 1st.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Lily Catts posted:

I see that someone needs to watch Yuki Yoshioka/Kaito Kiyomiya vs Kenoh/Kota Minoura in NOAH last 11/11

If only for Kenoh revealing his crush on Kota.

He is VERY CUTE. :mad:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

'Twas the night before (the night before) Christmas, when all through the house
And not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse

But what is stirring is Japanese wrestling. We've got almost all your favourites running shows this week, the big exceptions being NOAH & New Japan who are done until 2023. But no bother, there's plenty to sink your teeth into: 5 big shows across the week, with Dragongate's Final Gate, FREEDOM's Blood X-mas, Stardom's Dream Queen, DDT's Never Mind & GLEAT's Ver.4 all looking like very appetising shows & each with big title matches. We've got Yuki Yoshioka vs Ben-K & the return of Shingo to Dragongate! We've got Drew Parker vs Jun Kasai and Soul Meat vs Alex Colon & Rina Yamashita in 2 blood deathmatches for singles & tag gold respectively! We've got a match with over a year of build to it, honestly a match being built since DDM began in 2020 between Giuia & Syuri, and Tall Saya vs Haruka Umesaki! We've got Kazusada Higuchi vs Yuki Ueno! El Lindaman vs Kaito Ishida in what'll be the final match of the year contender to happen in 2022! And on top of that, All Japan bring in members of LIJ &...not Suzukigun anymore I guess, & have a intergender match! 2AW have a show with 2 tasty title matches & Takuma Joshiba's last match as a 2AW contract wrestler (seriously, Mashimo vs Yoshida is going to rule), SEAdLINNNG in Korakuen, Gatoh Move in Shin-Kiba 1stRING, lots of fun stuff across the whole week.

24/12/2022, Saturday

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEST/2:30am GMT/9:30pm EST/6:30pm PST

Stardom Year End Climax
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Hanan vs Momo Kohgo vs Rina
Christmas Eve Gift Contest: Queen's Quest (Hina, Lady C, Miyu Amasaki & Utami Hayashishita) vs STARS (Hazuki, Koguma, Mayu Iwatani & Saya Iida)
Handicap Match: 7 Upp (Nanae Takahashi & Yuu) vs COSMIC ANGELS (Natsupoi, Tam Nakano & Waka Tsukiyama)
Oedo Tai (Fukigen Death, Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora, Ruaka & Saki Kashima) vs Prominence (Akane Fujita, Hiragi Kurumi, Mochi Natsumi, Risa Sera & Suzu Suzuki)
Haruka Umesaki & Starlight Kid vs Queen's Quest (AZM & Saya Kamitani)
Elimination Tag: Donna Del Mondo (Giulia, Himeka, Mai Sakurai, Maika & Thekla) vs God's Eye (Ami Sourei, MIRAI, Nanami, Syuri & Tomoka Inaba)
Show presumably uploaded to Stardom World

12:30pm JST/2:30pm AEST/3:30am GMT/10:30pm EST/7:30pm PST

Tokyo Joshi Pro Se-Neo, Merry Christmas! 2022
Ryogoku KFC Hall, Tokyo
Haruna Neko vs Kaya Toribami
Arisu Endo vs Pom Harajuku
Mahiro Kiryu vs Rika Tatsumi
Hikari Noa vs Yuki Aino
Nao Kakuta vs Yuki Kamifuku
Juria Nagano vs Miu Watanabe vs Raku
Huper Misao, Maki Itoh, Miyu Yamashita & Moka Miyamoto vs Mizuki, Shoko Nakajima, Suzume & Yuka Sakazaki
Live on Wrestle Universe

1pm JST/3pm AEST/4am GMT/11pm EST/8pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro 278
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Anarko Montana & Sayaka Obihiro vs Antonio Honda & Tokiko Kirihara
Chie Koishikawa vs Sayaka
Choun Shiryu & Masahiro Takanashi vs Emi Sakura & Mei Suruga
Live on Youtube

Also shows from 2AWxBJWxZERO1, Ice Ribbon, Dove Pro & Natsu Sumire Produce

25/12/2022, Sunday

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEST/2:30am GMT/9:30pm EST/6:30pm PST

All Japan Xmas MANIAx
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
AJPW (Hokuto Omori, Ryo Inoue & Yuma Anzai) vs NJPW (Kosei Fujita, Ryohei Oiwa & Yuto Nakashima)
Gungir of Anarchy (Masao Hanahata, Ryuki Honda & Yusuke Kodama) vs Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito, Rei Saito, TARU & Toshizo)
Black Menso-re, TAJIRI & Toru Yano vs Dan Tamura, Tomoaki Honma & Yuji Nagata
Manabu Soya vs Takao Omori
Rising HAYATO vs Kaz Hayashi
Naoya Nomura vs Yoshitatsu
Maya Yukihi, Mayumi Ozaki & Suwama vs Shuji Ishikawa & Team 200kg (Chihiro Hashimoto & Yuu)
BUSHI, Jake Lee, SANADA & Yuma Aoyagi vs Atsuki Aoyagi, Kento Miyahara, Taichi & Yoshinobu Kanemaru
Live on AJPW TV

1pm JST/3pm AEST/4am GMT/11pm EST/8pm PST

2AW GRAND SLAM in TKP Garden City
TKP Garden City, Chiba
Hiroshi Yamata & Rekka vs Kunio Toshimo & Hyper Brave G Valion
Ayame Sasamura, Kotaro Yoshino & Kyu Mogami vs BUG's MUTATION (Ayumu Honda, CHANGO & Chicharito Shoki)
Daiju Wakamatsu & Taishi Takizawa vs Kaji Tomato & Shu Asakawa
Naka Shuma vs Takuma Joshiba
2AW Tag Team Titles: Koen (Takuro Niki & Tatsuya Hanami)(c) vs PSYCHO & Shiori Asahi
2AW Openweight Title: Kengo Mashimo(c) vs Ayato Yoshida
Probably on their NicoNico next month sometime

5pm JST/7pm AEST/8am GMT/3am EST/12am PST

Dragongate Final Gate 2022
Fukuoka Kokusai Centre, Fukuoka
M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki, Mochizuki Jr, Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda) vs Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei, Jason Lee, Kzy & Strong Machine J)
Kaito Nagano & Yoshiki Kato vs Mondai Ryu & Takashi Yoshida
Open The Brave Gate Title: HYO(c) vs Minorita
Don Fujii, Eita, Genki Horiguchi & Ho Ho Lun vs Bokutimo Dragon, Dragon Dia, Dragon Kid & Ultimo Dragon
Diamante vs Kota Minoura
Open The Triangle Gate Titles: Z-Brats (ISHIN, KAI & Shun Skywalker)(c) vs Naruki Doi, Shuji Kondo & Toru Owashi
BxB Hulk & Shingo Takagi vs Madoka Kikuta & YAMATO
Open The Dream Gate Title: Yuki Yoshioka(c) vs Ben-K
Live on DG Network

6pm JST/8pm AEST/9am GMT/4am EST/1am PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro 279
Anarko Montana, Chie Koishikawa & Sebastian DeWitt vs Antonio Honda, Miya Yotsuba & Tokiko Kirihara
Chris Brookes, Masahiro Takanashi & Tae Honma vs Emi Sakura, Mei Suruga & Shin Suzuki
Live on Youtube

Pro Wrestling FREEDOMS Presents Jun Kasai's Blood X-Mas 2022
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Tokyo Homeless Man Out of Business Deathmatch: Brahman Kei, Brahman Shu & X vs ERE (Dobunezumi Fukki, Kyu Mogami & Toshiyuki Sakuda)
Dragon Libre, GENTARO, Kamui & Tatsuhito Takaiwa vs Gaia Hox, Jun Masaoka, Rekka & Takahiro Katori
Bunkhouse Deathmatch: Minoru Fujita vs Violento Jack
Hardcore Match: Mammoth Sasaki & Takashi Sasaki vs Masashi Takeda & Yusaku Ito
Deathmatch King of FREEDOM World Tag Team Titles: Soul Meat (Tomoya Hirata & Toru Sugiura)(c) vs GCW (Alex Colon & Rina Yamashita)
Golgotha Hill Where Blood Snow Falls Glass & Fluorescent Light Deathmatch KING of FREEDOM World Title: Drew Parker(c) vs Jun Kasai
Airs on Samurai TV 5th January 2023

Also shows from ZERO1, Marvelous, Heat-Up, JWP, Diana, JTO & Ice Ribbon

26/12/2022, Monday

Show from Colors

27/12/2022, Tuesday

Dragongate Fantastic Gate Night 10
Sambo Hall, Kobe
Card TBA
Live on DG Network

Ganbare Pro Giri Giri Chop!
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Shinichiro Tominaga vs Sotatsu Nakamura
Suzume & Yoshiko Hasegawa vs Yuki Kamifuku & TuuRI
Shigehiro Irie & Soma Takao vs Shuichiro Katsumura & Shota
Danshoku Dieno & Yuki Iino vs Ken Ohka & Yumehito Imanari
HARUKAZE, Moeka Haruhi & Yuna Manase vs Kaho Matsushita, Nao Ishikawa & Yuki Mashiro
Keisuke Ishii vs Kouki Iwasaki
Spirit of Ganbare World Openweight Title: Hartley Jackson(c) vs Mizuki Watase
Live on Wrestle Universe

28/12/2022, Wednesday

Gatoh Move Arena Shinkiba 2022
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Chie Koishikawa & Sayaka vs COLORS (SAKI & Yuko Sakurai)
Miya Yotsuba vs Mochi Natsumi
Anarko Montana vs Antonio Honda & Tokiko Kirihara vs Choun Shiryu & Sayuri
Hikari Shimizu & Tae Honma vs Kaho Kobayashi & Mei Suruga
Asia Dream Tag Team Titles: CDK (Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanashi) vs Emi Sakura & Kaori Yoneyama
May or may not be live, but will be uploaded to Youtube

SEAdLINNNG SEAdLINNNG of the Year 2022
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Chie Ozora & Nao Ishikawa vs Riko Kaiju & Yuki Mashiro
High Speed Match: Kakeru Sekiguchi vs Kaho Matsushita vs Leon
Amazon vs MIKAMI
Ayame Sasamura & Yuu vs Hanako Nakamori & Misa Kageru vs Itsuki Aoki & Ryo Mizunami
ASUKA, Makoto & Mima Shimoda vs Miyuki Takase, Riko Kawahata & Yumiko Hotta
Beyond The Sea Title: Hiroyo Matsumoto(c) vs Arisa Nakajima
Available as an iPPV

29/12/2022, Thursday

5pm JST/7pm AEST/8am GMT/3am EST/12am PST

DDT Never Mind 2022
Tokyo Dome City Hall, Tokyo
Prelim: Hideki Okatani & Toi Kojima vs Kazuma Sumi & Yuya Koroku
Prelim: Antonio Honda, Masahiro Takanashi & Soma Takao vs DAMNATION TA (KANON, Minoru Fujita & MJ Paul)
Sanshiro Takagi vs Takeshi Masada
HARASHIMA & Yukio Sakaguchi vs Yuji Hino & Yuki Ishida
Akito, Osamu Nishimura, Shinichiro Kawamatsu & Shunma Katsumata vs Danshoku Dieno, Koju Takeda, Yuki Iino & Yumehito Imanari
Riko Kawahata & Saori Anou vs Reiwa AA Cannon (Saki Akai & Yuki Arai)
Daisuke Sekimoto & RSP vs Konosuke Takeshita & Yukio Naya
Cara Noir vs Chris Brookes vs Daisuke Sasaki vs MAO
Chihiro Hashimoto vs Shinya Aoki
KO-D Tag Team Titles: Disaster Box (Kazuki Hirata & Toru Owashi) & Naruki Doi(c) vs Burning (Kotaro Suzuki, Tetsuya Endo & Yusuke Okada)
DDT Extreme Title: Jun Akiyama(c) vs Super Sasadango Machine
KO-D Openweight Title: Kazusada Higuchi(c) vs Yuki Ueno
Live on Wrestle Universe

Stardom Dream Queen 2022
Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo
Stardom Rumble: Fukigen Death vs Hina vs Lady C vs Miyu Amasaki vs Ram Kaicho vs Rina vs SAKI vs SSS Machine vsTomoka Inaba vs Waka Tsukiyama vs Yuna Mizumori vs X vs X
COSMIC ANGELS (Mina Shirakawa & Unagi Sayaka) vs Donna Del Mondo (Mai Sakurai & Thekla)
STARS (Hanan, Mayu Iwatani & Momo Kohgo) vs STARS (Hazuki, Koguma & Saya Iida)
Goddess of Stardom #1 Contenders 3 Way Tag: BMI2000 (Natsuko Tora & Ruaka) vs MaiHime (Himeka & Maika) vs The New Eras (Ami Sourei & MIRAI)
KAIRI vs Utami Hayashishita
High Speed Title: AZM(c) vs Hikari Shimizu
Artist of Stardom Titles: Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Saki Kashima & Starlight Kid)(c) vs Prominence (Hiiragi Kurumi, Risa Sera & Suzu Suzuki)
Goddess of Stardom Titles: meltear (Natsupoi & Tam Nakano)(c) vs 7 Upp (Nanae Takahashi & Yuu)
Wonder of Stardom Title: Saya Kamitani(c) vs Haruka Umesaki
World of Stardom Title: Syuri(c) vs Giulia
I'm assuming an iPPV but also presumably uploaded to Stardom World

Also shows from 2AW & Actwres girlZ

30/12/2022, Friday

12pm JST/2pm AEST/3am GMT/10pm EST/7pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro 280
Card TBA
Live on Youtube

6pm JST/8pm AEST/9am GMT/4am EST/1am PST

GLEAT Ver.4
Tokyo Dome City Hall, Tokyo
UWF Rules: Minoru Tanaka vs Rionne Fujiwara
UWF Rules: Maya Fukuda & Michiko Miyagi vs Mika Iwata & Yura Suzuki
UWF Rules: Shinya Aoki vs Takanori Ito
UWF Rules: Tetsuya Izuchi vs Yu Iizuka
60 Seconds (Jun Tonsho & Keiichi Sato) & Gringo Loco vs Jack Carthweel, Septimo Dragon & Soma Watanabe
Hartley Jackson vs Quiet Storm
CIMA vs Luigi Primo
G-Infinity Titles: BULK Orchestra (Check Shimatani & Hayato Tamura)(c) vs Black Generation (Flamita & Yutani) vs Stronghearts (Issei Onitsuka & Shigehiro Irie)
Kaz Hayashi & T-Hawk vs LIJ (BUSHI & SANADA)
G-REX Title: El Lindaman(c) vs Kaito Ishida
Uploaded to Youtube later in the week if it isn't live

Big Japan Saikyo Tag League
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Brahman Kei & Brahman Shu vs Jaki Numazawa & Kazumasa Yoshida
Astronatus (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura) vs So Daimonji & Yuya Aoki
Daisuke Sekimoto & Ryota Hama vs Hiroyuki Suzuki & Takuho Kato
Ender Kara, Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto vs Kaji Tomato, Kota Sekifuda & Tatsuhiko Yoshino
Saikyo Tag League B Block: Chicharito Shoki & Yuji Okabayashi vs Michio Kageyama & Yusaku Ito
Saikyo Tag League A Block: Andy Wu & Yasufumi Nakanoue vs Kazuki Kikuta & Kohei Sato
Saikyo Tag League B Block: Kankuro Hoshino & Yuuichi Taniguchi vs Okami (Daichi Hashimoto & Hideyoshi Kamitani)
Deathmatch: Abdullah Kobayashi, Daiju Wakamatsu & Ryuji Ito vs Crazy Lovers (Masashi Takeda & Takumi Tsukamoto) & Yuki Ishikawa
Live on the BJW NicoNico channel

Also shows from Oz Academy, Ryukyu Pro & YMZ

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

forkboy84 posted:

The only thing that makes sense is money laundering.
I would make this the thread title but I haven't been able to edit the title in years for some reason. (mods??)

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe the guy who runs the LEC corporation is a really big BJW fan?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This writeup has been swirling around my mind for the last day, it's fascinating. For context:
- Harashima was not in this match
- Harashima was not even at this show
- Harashima has worked exactly one GanPro match in his 21 year career

https://twitter.com/SeraphisCain/status/1606291170979717120

Like, even I double check my stuff on cagematch (like recently in the MOTYC thread where I got Naoya and Takuya Nomura mixed up) but Dave gets paid for this poo poo

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I just looked it up and it was Daisuke Sasaki in that match.

HOW do you get them confused?

HOW?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

I just looked it up and it was Daisuke Sasaki in that match.

HOW do you get them confused?

HOW?

That's why I linked the thread, there's been some internet detectiving done

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

or maybe dave just typed the wrong name

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dave paid by New Japan to gently caress up his coverage of non-Bushi Road puro.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Alaois posted:

or maybe dave just typed the wrong name

It'd be a bit more understandable if he mixed up Sasaki's name with someone else on the card, rather than someone who has never worked a JTO show

Or even if he said Minoru Fujita, then it would at least be someone in the same stable as Paul and KANON

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Is it even the WON if Dave isn't making basic mistakes? I'm pretty confident he shares my attitude to proof-reading. But at least my posts are free so you get what you pay for

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

It'd be a bit more understandable if he mixed up Sasaki's name with someone else on the card, rather than someone who has never worked a JTO show

Or even if he said Minoru Fujita, then it would at least be someone in the same stable as Paul and KANON

Dawg doesn't even know "HARASHIMA" & Paul are in the same faction though.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Too busy working GanPro in front of 80 people to lead Damnation T.A

I would actually love to see HARASHIMA in GanPro. He and Keisuke Ishii would brutalise each other, or even as a filler challenger for Hartley/Watase

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I am sad that Kouki Iwasaki is finishing up with GanPro on this next show, but also hope he turns up in other fun places

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dave paid by New Japan to gently caress up his coverage of non-Bushi Road puro.

He even gets Stardom stuff wrong from time to time like even this issue mentioning that Suzu & Tomoka were in the recent tag tournament which is only half right. Tomoka was in it but Suzu wasn't. Though she was in the 5 star.

Anyway the Harashima/Sasaki mixup was corrected but lol.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Dave has too much wrestling to watch to get everything right

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Dave has too much wrestling to watch to get everything right

He should watch less WWE then :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Got to love looking through a card wondering why I saved this show to watch later

"Okay, what is on this random Zero1 show? A bunch of guys I don't know, Chris Vice who sucks. Ooh, Jun Masaoka I remember being pretty good in GLEAT, maybe that's it. Scroll down to the bottom, more guys I don't know. gently caress yeah, Shoki Kitamura in the main event against The Tough, that'll do it"

Match itself was kind of disappointing, it was a vocal crowd but because they were outside and it was raining you could barely hear them a lot of the time