Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

I asked and I received plentifully, thanks thread :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Janet & Cole are really good with the 80s movies.

Everyone should watch Dreamscape. Another good riff from Janet and Cole. I'm glad they're still riffing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Janet and Cole are very good and Ladyhawke is the kind of budget film that makes a great Rifftrax

The Apple is the sort of horrible failure that I without irony love. It is beautiful and pure in its jewish guys writing christian cult nonsense musical about the record industry.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Barudak posted:

Janet and Cole are very good and Ladyhawke is the kind of budget film that makes a great Rifftrax

The Apple is the sort of horrible failure that I without irony love. It is beautiful and pure in its jewish guys writing christian cult nonsense musical about the record industry.

Fezz posted:

Everyone should watch Dreamscape. Another good riff from Janet and Cole. I'm glad they're still riffing.

Dreamscape, The Apple, and Ladyhawke are all incredibly watchable on their own. That's my favorite kind of riff, honestly. Just a fun dumb movie with fun dumb jokes on top of it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1585000601645387776
This is cute, Evan Rachel Wood saying she felt like she made it when she saw that Rifftrax had done something she was in.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Hack-O'-Lantern just dropped, couldn't buy that fast enough. It's, without a shred of irony, one of my seasonal favorites and I was debating watching it this season. Now I kinda have to.

You have intruded upon the ceremony of bluuuuuuud!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Greg Sestero's doing a meet and greet in a nearby city and there'll be a double feature of The Room and his self-directed horror film. Tickets are 20 for just The Room and 23 for both. Really considering it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I brought my Drake posted:

Greg Sestero's doing a meet and greet in a nearby city and there'll be a double feature of The Room and his self-directed horror film. Tickets are 20 for just The Room and 23 for both. Really considering it.

If there's a Q&A, ask about Retro Puppet Master!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

Hack-O'-Lantern just dropped, couldn't buy that fast enough. It's, without a shred of irony, one of my seasonal favorites and I was debating watching it this season. Now I kinda have to.

You have intruded upon the ceremony of bluuuuuuud!

This post is the devil's son!

The part of the movie where it just turns into some crap stand up act is weird.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 30, 2022

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

This post is the devil's son!

The part of the movie where it just turns into some crap stand up act is weird.

A lot of low budget movies have this kind of community theater element where it’s like, “I know someone who’s in a band, we can have them play a song in our movie” and to Hell with pacing or a narrative you gotta give your pal this opportunity plus it’ll help fill time right?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Everything about that party screams "we knew some weird people so we just put them in the movie to pad the runtime", from the aforementioned Stand-up Guy, to the Guy Dancing in a Dress Alone In a Corner, to Snake Dancing Grandma, to Full Frontal Stripper...

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

If you backed the Kickstarter at a high enough level, the Swamp Thing Live show should be in your library!

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Doesn't appear to be

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lots of folks wishing RiffTrax a happy 16 years. Some surprising!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1boYC4I6K-o

I didn't know Joel McHale was friends with the guys or was a guest riffer.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Dawgstar posted:

Lots of folks wishing RiffTrax a happy 16 years. Some surprising!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1boYC4I6K-o

I didn't know Joel McHale was friends with the guys or was a guest riffer.

Haven't been able to click but I suspect that's the thing they played before the live show?

But yeah Joel was a guest back in the early days when it was always "Mike + Guest". He did Red Dawn, if I recall correctly.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Anybody pick up anything for the Black Friday sale? I finally picked up A Dangerous Man, which I'm sure is up there with Under Siege as one of Seagal's best works.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

nVM

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Dec 3, 2022

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I did not know there was a Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny-themed Three Wolf Moon shirt available: https://rifftrax.threadless.com/designs/three-hurr-moon

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!

E: darn it, shipping from the U.S. is like 30$.
Christmas is cancelled.:sadwave:

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Dec 7, 2022

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
New movie - Project Eliminator

https://www.rifftrax.com/project-eliminator

Features David Carradine AND his daughter.

Also has Soultaker star Vivian Schilling.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you have a Friends subscription there's an exclusive Bridget and Mary Jo short up for a limited time.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How is Project Eliminator?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
From the MJ & Bridget short, "Skippy and the 3 Rs"

MUST KILL BATMAN!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

RandomPauI posted:

How is Project Eliminator?

I bought it with my Black Friday coupon and to be honest I wasn't all that impressed. It was a dumb by the numbers action movie and there weren't any laugh out loud moments for me.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

It's $10 gift card time, check your email!

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Can anybody recommend any riffs to spend this on? Looking for big time blockbuster films, not obscure stuff I've never heard of.

I've got all the Harry Potters and most of the 90s crap I grew up with like Anaconda and Godzilla '98. Any more recent suggestions? Was their riff on Jurassic World any good?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I went with Atomic Eden. Fred Williamson's always fun.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

NikkolasKing posted:

Can anybody recommend any riffs to spend this on? Looking for big time blockbuster films, not obscure stuff I've never heard of.

I've got all the Harry Potters and most of the 90s crap I grew up with like Anaconda and Godzilla '98. Any more recent suggestions? Was their riff on Jurassic World any good?

They've really been neglecting the Just the Jokes Riffs - there's only been four of them the past two years. With that being said, Solo: A Star Wars Story has a good Riff to it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Glad I checked this thread, I actually threw the coupon in my email trash because I thought it was for another 15% off sale. Bought Samurai Cop because it's one of my all-time favorites on the Rifftrax Twitch stream and I somehow didn't already own it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I keep chuckling at your forum name KV.
You have my fealty and the loyalty of my house.:sparkles:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Wait--how are people getting these coupons?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They sent an email last night.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I just checked my account and I wasn't signed up for the mailing list. :( I am now though.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Used mine to pick up a bunch of stuff, including In Winter with Peter Jennings, where Mary Jo and Bridget watch the newsman rave about the majesty of snowmobile racing. Also a lot of nightclubbing in middle-of-nowhere, Wisconsin.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Since the offer expires next week, I'll probably pick up a shorts DVD (that I don't really need) unless they release a new VOD this week.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Lot of fun shorts this year. Sad Ukraine xmas, working in insurance, and shoplifting ‘82.

Schrute Nation
May 29, 2007
Ha,Ha...Thought you could keep me out didja?
I finally bought my first riff and got the '98 Godzilla track. It's my cheap gift to myself this year.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
I've spent 1/2 mine on the Twilight riff -- had Mr Boods in absolute stitches (he likes Robert Pattinson -- as an actor, not #TeamEdward, at least as far as I know, but hey, I don't judge), having seen him in several post-Twilight films).

I want to spend the other half on a blockbuster, especially now that we've got the app properly working. We've seen Cats and of course the Room (several times) -- I'm thinking of one of the Star Treks, maybe.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Since the offer expires next week, I'll probably pick up a shorts DVD (that I don't really need) unless they release a new VOD this week.

The gift code works forever, you just can't claim it from your email after a week.

I used my 2020 code this summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I watched a bunch of Rifftrax stuff on Youtube, and now the Ice Cream Bunny's ghastly visage apparently haunts my Youtube recommendations forever. He's always there in the sidebar, and he's there every time I finish a video. I can almost hear the demented laughter.

To be fair, this is a big improvement over the kind of stuff the algorithm usually thinks I might enjoy.