Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

jivjov posted:

I don't think I quite articulated my point well. Knives Out player to me like something that could have happened in our actual world, but Glass Onion has larger than life characters and fictional companies and globally recognized consequences

I'm rewatching it now and having it set on a remote island with just the main cast does change the feel. The flashback scenes don't have the same feel as the ventures into the city that Knives Out had.

I can't wait for the next movie and since they haven't even started filming, it shouldn't have any Covid restrictions making them keep it isolated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The only people I know who haven’t liked the movie are rich and that tells me all I need to know

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Everyone might talk about the lighthouse lighting scene, but the scene on blancs balcony is way better executed

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

sethsez posted:

Yeah that was always something I found uncomfortable, and wasn't sure if I should take it as "these people are blase about it because they're rich assholes" or "these people are blase about it because it's a 70s movie."

I would say its not really something you would see in a modern film but like, i do think its suppose to be a blase cause rich assholes thing. Like Lee's "you were so good to me when i was a kid" scene feels like its meant to be more creepy than anything on rewatch.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Not a Children posted:

The only people I know who haven’t liked the movie are rich and that tells me all I need to know

That’s odd because the only people I know who loved it are Mueller Report “In this house we believe in” folx who are also rich.

But I do keep a pretty small circle of acquaintances.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this is some top tier eye rolley posting

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

a new study bible! posted:

That’s odd because the only people I know who loved it are Mueller Report “In this house we believe in” folx who are also rich.

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I did see the first one. It's Daniel Craig talking like Foghorn Leghorn. Even without any other cool, fun stuff (and there's plenty of other cool, fun stuff), that would be worth watching.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I finished this tonight. 3.5/5

Will watch more of these, please RJ bring back giallo

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cool self own i guess

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

weekly font posted:

Cool self own i guess

Lmao

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Everyone might talk about the lighthouse lighting scene, but the scene on blancs balcony is way better executed

Were they using one of those robot arm cameras to shoot it? Don’t see that much in movies.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Not sure, but the way camera moves and zooms in and out on certain aspects of the scene is loving dope. Not too mention just letting the characters talk and emote and is so drat good

E:
And it's only loving two of them!!!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I loved this and liked it more than the first. It is a bit less realistic, to be sure, it takes place in a more absurd world. But I think it works really well on that scale and the performances are all top drawer. And to be honest I think the details of the super-rich world everyone lives in were so specific that it made for great satire. Renning Hot

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

smackfu posted:

Were they using one of those robot arm cameras to shoot it? Don’t see that much in movies.

The Variety Fair video with Johnson talks about how they shot the pier scene with one since they wanted some complicated movements and had limited space to work with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IM1AEbnGX4

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
He really got hosed over on Star Wars, huh. Man can make a good movie.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Who is this?

(Opening cameo spoiler)

https://i.imgur.com/vQcnf4E.jpg

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Who is this?

(Opening cameo spoiler)

https://i.imgur.com/vQcnf4E.jpg

I think it's this actor?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I haven't watched Knives Out, mostly because I think cultural osmosis may have spoiled me on the bigger points, but Glass Onion was a real good time and makes me want to try to watch Knives Out sometime.

I do admit that (ending spoilers) it would have been more satisfying to have a 'One more thing' for Miles, but him having his venture figuratively and literally blow up in his face to the point where his so-called friends would rat him out is a good second. Also, Blanc smoking with the running joke dude watching the house blow up is :discourse:

EDIT: Part of me wants to see Helen in a sequel

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Dec 26, 2022

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It’s pretty amazing that the reveal that Blanc is living with Hugh Grant in a presumably gay happy marriage has flown by without much comment.

I’ll start: it’s awesome.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
They’re just roommates!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Steve Yun posted:

They’re just roommates!

I bet they have lots of fun.

https://twitter.com/riachops/status/1606562013144313856?s=46&t=e-Kf5csvuZ6DG9_Cdqmrgw

:allears:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
That’s wonderful

If you want some more laughs freeze frame through the part where people’s rooms get tossed

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

You mean did he get Glass to compose Joseph Gordon-Levitt?

That's the performer. I mean the composer.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Not a Children posted:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Not a Children posted:

Epic win, goon sire.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Huh. Cassandra in mythology was a woman who could see the future but was cursed to have nobody listen to her when she tried to warn them. And she had a twin sister Helenus

That Rian Johnson (wags finger)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

That reminds me of the court case over a fake Rothko painting - there was some debate about if it was upside down when presented in court, and whether the fake painting even could have the concept of upside down.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1607358237724098561?s=20

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Nice try, but I already know he's going to whine about how it's mean to job creators!

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1607358237724098561

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Rian Johnson is way too online imo and this movie proves it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BigglesSWE posted:

It’s pretty amazing that the reveal that Blanc is living with Hugh Grant in a presumably gay happy marriage has flown by without much comment.

I’ll start: it’s awesome.

It's 2022, being amazed at gay inclusion in Hollywood properties is very 1990s

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Not a Children posted:

i make public librarian money and this movie blows

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Anyway just like the first one: movie sucked and there wasn’t even a mystery at all. Law and order has better murder mysteries than this

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Not a Children posted:

Nah I thought it was a stinker. Reminded me of Red Notice.

Also the billionaire commentary felt totally hollow. Miles having all these riches and power is portrayed as an injustice because he's an idiot who doesn't deserve those rewards. In reality Andi shouldn't be able to buy the Mona Lisa on her private luxury island either.

Also notice how they namedrop the 50 people it takes to run the island but the Help is never shown lol. The movie says one thing (Miles's power depends on other people) and shows the opposite (his island can operate fine with like 6 people, complete with baggage robot and magic power source).

Speaking of the baggage robot, it's like they wanted that thing to be the butt of the joke? Ha ha look at how ridiculous the baggage robot is! So extravagant! But on screen the thing works fine and actually carries everyone's stuff in one trip. And the producers probably had to pay Boston Dynamics a million dollars which they'll use to further develop the dumb extravagant robots. They accidentally (?) made an advertisement. It's exactly as lame as the Al Pacino Dunkin Donuts ad in Jack and Jill.

idk every time the movie tried to make a "statement" it gave me whiplash. And the mystery wasn't that good either. Just a relentlessly confusing and irritating experience.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i make public librarian money and this movie blows
I'm poor and this movie is tons of fun. Loved it! The producers definitely did not pay a million dollars for what is clearly a CG luggage robot.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

precision posted:

It's 2022, being amazed at gay inclusion in Hollywood properties is very 1990s
The OP was saying that it’s nice that it’s not a big deal that this movie franchise stating a gay Southern dandy.

Anyway, I like Johnson’s movies because they’re often not what people expect them to be even while watching them and then people get so mad.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 26, 2022

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Marx Headroom posted:

Nah I thought it was a stinker. Reminded me of Red Notice.

Also the billionaire commentary felt totally hollow. Miles having all these riches and power is portrayed as an injustice because he's an idiot who doesn't deserve those rewards. In reality Andi shouldn't be able to buy the Mona Lisa on her private luxury island either.

Also notice how they namedrop the 50 people it takes to run the island but the Help is never shown lol. The movie says one thing (Miles's power depends on other people) and shows the opposite (his island can operate fine with like 6 people, complete with baggage robot and magic power source).

Speaking of the baggage robot, it's like they wanted that thing to be the butt of the joke? Ha ha look at how ridiculous the baggage robot is! So extravagant! But on screen the thing works fine and actually carries everyone's stuff in one trip. And the producers probably had to pay Boston Dynamics a million dollars which they'll use to further develop the dumb extravagant robots. They accidentally (?) made an advertisement. It's exactly as lame as the Al Pacino Dunkin Donuts ad in Jack and Jill.

idk every time the movie tried to make a "statement" it gave me whiplash. And the mystery wasn't that good either. Just a relentlessly confusing and irritating experience.

Hating this movie doesnt make you a chud, but all chuds hate this movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Capfalcon posted:

Nice try, but I already know he's going to whine about how it's mean to job creators!

Close! He whined about how it was mean to Elon Musk specifically and anyone who supports Elon Musk.

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1607359565556858880?s=46&t=44_PIHczxB1H6e-rGDgvLg

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1607360523368124418?s=46&t=44_PIHczxB1H6e-rGDgvLg