Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Kibayasu posted:

If you’re anything like me the one you’ll probably enjoy the least is Chris’ campaign. All the campaigns have some frustrating or actively bad parts but that one has more than it’s fair share.

There is a fourth campaign that unlocks by finishing the other three though (unless that changed at some point) which I enjoyed. Spoilers I guess, not that it’s hard to figure out, but it features everyone’s favorite super spy Ada Wong and her incredibly Real and Best Friend Agent Not Hunk.

The 4th campaign is unlocked from the start now. Leon and Jake are probably the best ones, followed by the aforementioned 4th one and Chris as the worst, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I randomly did them in Chris -> Leon -> Jake -> Other order, which I think turned out to make sense as you get the worst one out of the way first, and the fourth one feels like a shorter followup to everything else.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

worms butthole guy posted:

Just started RE6 and it's already batshit crazy lmao.

So what campaigns should I play before o ultimately burn out

RE2 remake

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Already beat re2make

I'll do Leon's first probably. Why my girl Jill not in this for Ada

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
after banging my head against a wall for a few hours i finally figured out how to color edit a texture and now claire is lookin like a certified boss

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
RE6 2 hours in and it seems ok. Graphics and controls suck but some of the things they do with zombies are fun.

Question, where or how do I buy new skills

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

RE6 2 hours in and it seems ok. Graphics and controls suck but some of the things they do with zombies are fun.

Question, where or how do I buy new skills

That’s at the end of chapters, like spending money in RE5.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Ohhh okay cool thanks

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The controls will start to click once you get the hang of the melee system, in conjunction with the quick shot (both shoulder buttons to stun the enemy closest to you). You can follow up a quick shot with a melee prompt. You can also counter many attacks by hitting the melee prompt at the right time.

You can also dodge roll, and hold the button to stay on the floor, which lets you roll around and move back and forth from there.

Once you get the feel for it, it all feels very nice and you can pull off some slick stuff.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Huh somehow didn't realize there was a dodge roll. That would've helped lmao

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The game barely explains any of the mechanics you actually have. That’s one of the big problems with it.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I would go so far as to say that RE6 is the one Resident Evil game that you shouldn't go into as cold as you can. It's got a useless tutorial and a lot of fine details in its movement/combat systems.

At a glance, it looks like you're meant to be playing it as a cover shooter or a standard survival-horror game. It's only when you're landing counters, dropping dogs with the quick-shot, and using J'avo as projectiles that it starts to open up. Even then, it's got some real issues with pacing and level design.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the highs are very high and the lows are very frequent.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I feel the need to share this. I binge bawkbasoup playing the new RE1&2 rando and this is one of the funniest things I've ever seen
https://www.twitch.tv/bawkbasoup/clip/AbnegateHonestSkirretPermaSmug-SlDuow1AUul91emF?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

site posted:

after banging my head against a wall for a few hours i finally figured out how to color edit a texture and now claire is lookin like a certified boss

Boss? She looks like the red shirts from the club shootout in John Wick 1.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
john killed all those guys cuz he took one look and knew they had the superior fit. he's a hater

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
I haven't played a PC game since Morrowind and Half-Life were new, but my glorious wife has gifted us a pair of Steamdecks for Christmas. I got stars in my eyes thinking of RE2 Remake with mods. I wanted to ask here first before I buy it, because you guys are the experts-

I'm basically technology illiterate but I did manage to open the Steamdeck desktop and download this mod. If I downloaded RE2 on the deck how would I go about installing this? Do I just extract the .rar into the game directory? Or is it more elaborate than that?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Install this if possible https://www.nexusmods.com/residentevil22019/mods/119 Install mod via that

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Does steamdeck run windows exe's? Will fluffy even work on that?

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
RE6...what the gently caress did I just witness at the end of Leon's chapter 1.....this game is wow

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

RE6 is a lot of fun. It's not a stellar game but I don't think it deserves the hate it gets.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

RE6...what the gently caress did I just witness at the end of Leon's chapter 1.....this game is wow

Which bit was that? I remember the general story flow, but not that level of detail.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Captain Hygiene posted:

Which bit was that? I remember the general story flow, but not that level of detail.

Pretty sure it just end with a bus of survivors crashing and they end up in a cemetery.

If that was your bar for “what did I just witness”, oh boy, strap yourself in.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

That or it ends with you going into the sewers. I don’t remember which but either one is unremarkable.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

man nurse posted:

Pretty sure it just end with a bus of survivors crashing and they end up in a cemetery.

If that was your bar for “what did I just witness”, oh boy, strap yourself in.

It was this, it felt like NotLDish which I loooove.

Then the fat zombies came out. That blew my mind

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that chapter is set in the us, though?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

RE6 gameplay is good, there's a reason other people universally love the Merc mode.

It's the story. The story is real bad. And kinda not even in a fun way.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Evil Kit posted:

RE6 gameplay is good, there's a reason other people universally love the Merc mode.

It's the story. The story is real bad. And kinda not even in a fun way.

I disagree, it’s peak pants on head RE

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

man nurse posted:

I disagree, it’s peak pants on head RE

I really can't forgive what they did the Chris and his entire campaign, much less Piers existing at all. Just the most lazy rear end writing.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Question, where did all this reverence for Ada Wong come from? Is she a CV character? I feel like I ran into her once and then never again while playing RE123

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Question, where did all this reverence for Ada Wong come from? Is she a CV character? I feel like I ran into her once and then never again while playing RE123

That's all RE4, right? She's one of the big side characters that goofily pops in from time to time there.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

she was referenced in a file in 1, a character in 2, an unlockable epilogue for 3, and 4 (although i think the sections you play as her were only in the ps2 release)

then i guess they decided she was a breakout character and made her a super ultra spy

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Well she was always a spy but they just made her a real femme fatale in 4 which is not out of character I guess.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Well she had to become a super spy to properly pair with Leon who had become a super agent. Her popularity definitely goes back to 4 and her and Leon being James Bond and...uh, Lady James Bond.

RE6 though was something else entirely. I'm pretty sure even fans of Ada don't like RE6's direction with her.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

NikkolasKing posted:

Well she had to become a super spy to properly pair with Leon who had become a super agent. Her popularity definitely goes back to 4 and her and Leon being James Bond and...uh, Lady James Bond.

RE6 though was something else entirely. I'm pretty sure even fans of Ada don't like RE6's direction with her.
RE6 is a direct critique of Ada fanboys and a prescient look at the nascent incel movement. Makes sense then if it ruffled a few feathers.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Evil Kit posted:

I really can't forgive what they did to Chris Sherry and his her entire campaign, much less Piers Jake existing at all. Just the most lazy rear end writing.

This is how I feel about RE6.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
That would explain why I barely remember her. I played RE4 when it came out and never beat it. Waiting for the remake to play it again

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Ada has been built up through the series as kind of a big behind the scenes player whose motivations are ambiguous. RE 6 kinda put her front and center.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
And her story in 6 is mostly nonsense so don’t worry to much about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

And her story in 6 is mostly nonsense so don’t worry to much about it

I kinda liked it in a way, if only because it got me mad enough to complain on here about how Ada was acting, only to be blindsided by her actually being some kind of mutant doppelganger or whatever. Like, good job, game, you outstupided me :dumbbravo: