Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

thanks obama

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Hyperlynx posted:

A .50 CAL?! They sold a loving Ma Deuce to POLICE?!

Would make Telsa's more interesting. I found a copy of the petrol powered cars and they have better acceleration than electrical battery ones do! Steve Jackson, I am ashamed.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jan 3, 2023

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Look at that idiot at the top bringing a bike to a car fight...

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Doing CPR for a long time before putting him in the ambulance? Never seen that before.

It happened at Euro 2020 (which was actually played in the summer of 2021 for Covid reasons). Christian Eriksen of Denmark just randomly collapsed during their game against Finland and millions of people around the world watched as doctors tried to revive him on the pitch for ages. According to the doctors they managed to resuscitate him after one hit from the defibrillators but I guess he wasn't stable enough to move until a good half hour later.

It got ghoulish as gently caress as his partner and family were brought out to the pitch (for understandable reasons) and TV cameras filmed them crying their eyes out. Luckily most broadcasters had the decency to cut to studio quickly but not all of them.

Do not go looking up footage of it. The close up shot of Eriksen's lifeless body staring through the camera as doctors tried to save his life is going to haunt me for years.

The story has a happy ending, though. Eriksen was revived, taken to a hospital and treated. He made a full recovery and returned to football in early 2022 and now plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3xPIdUPEk4

So here's hoping this football guy can also make a full recovery.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jan 3, 2023

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

His teammates were also clever enough to build a human wall around him and his girlfriend to block the cameras. I think they would have kept showing closeups forever if the players hadn't got in the way, it was hosed up.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Hyperlynx posted:

A .50 CAL?! They sold a loving Ma Deuce to POLICE?!

police buys, but who's selling?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BasicLich posted:

The DoD, after 9/11 it became super easy for police departments to buy military equipment at steep discounts in the name of "combating terrorism." LAPD's school unit (you know, the cops who are in schools and have never prevented or stopped a school shooting, but have violently assaulted children hundreds of times) bought an armored transport unit with a loving grenade launcher on top of it.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
There's a bunch of small loopholes in the 1984 Ronald Reagan machine gun ban where despite the Class 3 registry being closed, manufacturers can still sell new machine guns to police/government agencies, and in this case since they were now on the registry the guy was reselling them to other Class 3 licensees.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

greazeball posted:

His teammates were also clever enough to build a human wall around him and his girlfriend to block the cameras. I think they would have kept showing closeups forever if the players hadn't got in the way, it was hosed up.

Yeah it was. They also got a bunch of flags from supporters in the stands to help build the human wall and stop the ghoulish camera shots. hosed up.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yes, 100% my fault. I didn't know where to post it because it literally just happened. I doubt the trump or Aliens thread were the best places.

Continue with the real schad my fellow goons!
We should, as a forum, work on getting more threads. Just having 3 is starting to cause some real issues.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Slugworth posted:

We should, as a forum, work on getting more threads. Just having 3 is starting to cause some real issues.

Maybe an entire subforum dedicated to sports and sports related subjects

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
There are also multiple current event threads like this one

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

DrPossum posted:

I feel like this whole thing is some fuckup in the simulation. How does this guy WIN a congressional campaign and NO ONE who knew this guy noticed until months after the fact?!

He ran in suburban Long Island, all he had to do was use the right racist dog whistles.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah it was. They also got a bunch of flags from supporters in the stands to help build the human wall and stop the ghoulish camera shots. hosed up.

Y'all are forgetting the most hosed up part of this story.

UEFA, the governing body of European football, made them resume the match.

Understandably rattled, Denmark lost to the much weaker opponent 0-1.

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

Platystemon posted:

It’s tragic when a couple responds like this to a bi son reveal.

:foksmash:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

jeebus bob posted:

should of known that professional soccer would somehow be worse than the NFL, drat

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

jeebus bob posted:

Now now, in UEFA's defence they gave the players a couple of hours to sit around and contemplate their mortality and worry about their teammate before forcing them to play the game. See what good humanitarians they are!

And as a Finn I didn't take any enjoyment out of that game despite the win. A lot of relief from Eriksen being OK though. Still warms my heart that the entire stadium was basically singing and chanting for Eriksen after the restart (the game was played in Copenhagen).

https://twitter.com/HenriPitkanen/status/1403770662171385861

The Finns are shouting CHRISTIAN and the Danes are responding ERIKSEN.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
After Owen Hart plummeted to his death Vince McMahon just rolled the body out of the ring and made the show go on, I wouldn't be surprised if the owners or NFL wanted to do the same. At least they mopped up the blood but there was still a dent in the ring

This video doesnt sbow the accident, just a retelling of the events.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfsGLX4VO3Y

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Now now, in UEFA's defence they gave the players a couple of hours to sit around and contemplate their mortality and worry about their teammate before forcing them to play the game. See what good humanitarians they are!

And as a Finn I didn't take any enjoyment out of that game despite the win. A lot of relief from Eriksen being OK though. Still warms my heart that the entire stadium was basically singing and chanting for Eriksen after the restart (the game was played in Copenhagen).

https://twitter.com/HenriPitkanen/status/1403770662171385861

The Finns are shouting CHRISTIAN and the Danes are responding ERIKSEN.

Heartfelming stuff :finland::respek::denmark:

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Your Gay Uncle posted:

After Owen Hart plummeted to his death Vince McMahon just rolled the body out of the ring and made the show go on, I wouldn't be surprised if the owners or NFL wanted to do the same. At least they mopped up the blood but there was still a dent in the ring

This video doesnt sbow the accident, just a retelling of the events.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfsGLX4VO3Y

I watched that show live, it still makes me cry knowing that Jeff Jarrett had to go wrestle immediately after, the dude looked so loving hollow and sad, in the ring where his Tag-Team partner and road-buddy had just died in.

Vince got away with murder.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BooDooBoo posted:

Vince got away with murder.

Almost certainly with manslaughter or whatever the "careless disregard for safety" option is in the United States. They skimped on the safety features for Owen's harness and did a bunch of other really loving stupid and reckless poo poo because the alternative would've meant it took a bit longer for him to get the harness off after landing.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Anne Whateley posted:

maybe the conversation should go in another thread?
GBS thread about it

~five minutes later~

Baron von Eevl posted:

GBS thread is gassed, by the way.

lmbo

EDIT: speaking of Buffalo sports teams and grievous bodily harm, didn't they keep playing after Clint Malarchuk got his throat cut on-ice?

Rev. Bleech_ fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 4, 2023

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
That GBS thread was also full of gutter-dwelling poo poo bags taking an inordinate amount of joy in Hamlin's near death. It was like a dark mirror schad thread

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/BornAKang/status/1610166800091648001

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Soul Dentist posted:

That GBS thread was also full of gutter-dwelling poo poo bags taking an inordinate amount of joy in Hamlin's near death. It was like a dark mirror schad thread

I’m going to guess sports ball was said a lot

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
People who want to talk about it in a thread not full of edgelord, the TFF mods are good about kicking out poo poo birds and there's intelligent discussion including a video from an actual doctor explaining what they think most likely happened.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 4, 2023

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

BasicLich posted:

:megadeath:

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Extra side of schad that embed tweets aren't working for me anymore and its a crapshoot whether they'll load when clicked. :australia: :nz:

:yeshaha:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

"the house of representatives, everyone"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/jO7o8Qq.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYRjQ-Tcss0

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Here's a list of dumb things people put in their bodies last year
https://defector.com/what-did-we-get-stuck-in-our-rectums-last-year-3/

Related, a list of bad things people did to their penises last year
https://defector.com/what-horrible-things-did-we-do-to-our-penises-last-year-3/

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Soul Dentist posted:

Remember the thread when Charlottesville was going on?

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

canyoneer posted:

Related, a list of bad things people did to their penises last year
https://defector.com/what-horrible-things-did-we-do-to-our-penises-last-year-3/

"TRIED TO CIRCUMCIZE HIMSELF WITH A PAIR OF SCISSORS"
:aaa:

"HAD A PIERCING ON PENIS WHICH GOT CAUGHT IN CAR DOOR"
:stare:

"INTOXICATED AND THOUGHT WAS APPLYING SEXUAL STIMULANT TO SCROTUM AND INSTEAD APPLIED TOILET BOWL CLEANER"
:hawaaaafap: but in reverse

"WAS UNLOADING HIS DISHWASHER WITHOUT ANY CLOTHING ON AND HE HAS A PENIS RING AND THE PENIS RING CAUGHT ON THE DOOR OF THE DISHWASHER AND IT FORCEFULLY REMOVED FROM HIS PENIS"
:vince:

"WATCHING FOOTBALL, GOT EXCITED WHEN TEAM SCORED AND ACCIDENTALLY PUNCHED SELF IN PENIS"
:911:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

teen witch posted:

I visited for the first time a week ago and Scotland is too good for Britain. What a cool loving country.

E: you do not gotta hand it to Azealia Banks for like 80 percent of what she says but here is the response she gave recently after some UK publication called her unhinged

When that scurvy hit and them teeth are flying out of your god d**n mouth like two f****g saloon doors

LMAO

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
More ancestry fakery unveiled: https://nypost.com/2023/01/03/wisconsin-artist-kay-leclaire-accused-of-faking-native-american-heritage/

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Dragonstoned posted:

Extra side of schad that embed tweets aren't working for me anymore and its a crapshoot whether they'll load when clicked. :australia: :nz:

:yeshaha:

How do you read the forums? I use the Awful App and had the same problem, but somehow the “embed Tweets” option in the settings had gotten unchecked.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

canyoneer posted:

Here's a list of dumb things people put in their bodies last year
https://defector.com/what-did-we-get-stuck-in-our-rectums-last-year-3/

"Skin care bottle"? What was that very specific brand that everyone and their dog seems to just love to jam up there?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
https://twitter.com/RightWingCope/status/1610461778466545667

Who wants to see Andrew Tate in a prison van? :allears:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

jeebus bob posted:

:hawaaaafap: but in reverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

LawfulWaffle posted:

How do you read the forums? I use the Awful App and had the same problem, but somehow the “embed Tweets” option in the settings had gotten unchecked.

I'm on desktop, sometime they load sometimes they don't (that tweet is working for me now)