Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
What the gently caressyou have been fined ... am I supposed to do with these shells

e: what a snipe lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Change the constitution so naturalized citizens can be president, embrace the Demolition Man future

Do you want Musk?

This is how you get Musk.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Change the constitution so naturalized citizens can be president, embrace the Demolition Man future

every restaurant becomes Taco Bell and all music is replaced with ad jingles

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I don't have to move for sex either. Win win

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Not until Elon Musk no longer walks the Earth.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Soul Dentist posted:

I don't have to move for sex either. Win win

I already don't :smuggo:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Fun fact: there are no current members of the House of Representatives. So you have a ton of representative-elects, as the House is currently unorganized. Schrodinger's House of Representatives, over 100 years since this last happened.

So you have situations like this:

https://twitter.com/MaxwellFrostFL/status/1610420567059865601?t=JQzVDkX9cpVWMVDaaedGug&s=19

And so, McCarthy has to start pulling tricks like:

https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/1610425348814000128?t=Nprxg-YbDT0bwir66lYKXg&s=19

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

facialimpediment posted:

Fun fact: there are no current members of the House of Representatives. So you have a ton of representative-elects, as the House is currently unorganized. Schrodinger's House of Representatives, over 100 years since this last happened.

So you have situations like this:

https://twitter.com/MaxwellFrostFL/status/1610420567059865601?t=JQzVDkX9cpVWMVDaaedGug&s=19

And so, McCarthy has to start pulling tricks like:

https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/1610425348814000128?t=Nprxg-YbDT0bwir66lYKXg&s=19

Dude was made for middle management.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/1610408984539717634?t=FBunKuq4NeO7uDzkPrSZhg&s=19

What the gently caress, you can't endorse someone after the fact. Shut the gently caress up, Donnie.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Torrannor posted:

Probably about as likely as the non-Freedom Caucus Republicans cutting a deal with conservative Democrats. It's always a possibility, but pretty unlikely.

Looks like it happened on Ohio, lol.
https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/politics/2023/01/03/republicans-democrats-may-challenge-merrin-for-ohio-house-speakership/69771856007/

quote:

Ohio's House of Representatives started its new session with a surprise: Electing Republican Jason Stephens as its speaker.

Last month, state Rep. Derek Merrin, R-Monclova Twp., won the support of Republicans to lead the 135th General Assembly. The vote on Tuesday was supposed to be a formality.

But support for Merrin started to erode in recent days and it culminated in a 54-43 victory for Stephens. The Kitts Hill Republican won all 32 Democratic votes and 22 Republicans for a total of 54. Merrin had 43.

“There was clearly division on the other side, and they needed our votes,” House Minority Leader Allison Russo, D-Upper Arlington, said. “We took the opportunity to make sure that we were going to be working with a speaker who we felt like, at the end of the day, would work with us on the issues we could agree on.” 

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Platystemon posted:

Do you want Musk?

Musk isn't Trump and would even lose to Hillary Clinton

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Milo and POTUS posted:

Musk isn't Trump and would even lose to Hillary Clinton

I dunno, losing to a candidate caught on video bragging about sexual assault is beyond failing at beginner mode. That’s like unlocking a secret ending because the developers didn’t think someone could crash their ship on the audio options screen.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

yeah, I would bet on elon before trump

or would have before he rode twitter into the ground lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I dunno, losing to a candidate caught on video bragging about sexual assault is beyond failing at beginner mode. That’s like unlocking a secret ending because the developers didn’t think someone could crash their ship on the audio options screen.

They call this “The Chris Houlihan”.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

RFC2324 posted:

yeah, I would bet on elon before trump

Not a chance. Elon is the greatest black hole of charisma that ever existed. My god the man is dull

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It could happen, in bizzaro world, if the house freedom caucus was so united in their desire to skullfuck McCarthy, but house freedom caucus are like... super super hardcore conservative mfs who would never think about working with anyone who doesn't have R next to their name. They hate McCarthy because he's *not* conservative enough. They see him as an establishment candidate who won't obstruct enough poo poo to throw wrenches into anything that Democrats might try to do.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

orange juche posted:

It could happen, in bizzaro world, if the house freedom caucus was so united in their desire to skullfuck McCarthy, but house freedom caucus are like... super super hardcore conservative mfs who would never think about working with anyone who doesn't have R next to their name. They hate McCarthy because he's *not* conservative enough. They see him as an establishment candidate who won't obstruct enough poo poo to throw wrenches into anything that Democrats might try to do.

I was thinking about the "problem solver caucus" or whatever.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Every consecutive day is the stupidest day in american history so I expect all this to end with the entire democratic caucus writing in Mitt Romney as a joke without realizing enough Rs were doing the same in that round of voting to put him over the top

Yeah, I know he's a senator, that's the beauty of it, it doesn't matter

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

orange juche posted:

I mean…. I can’t really call the freedumb caucus conservative. I was an old school conservative for a time, years ago. Today this equates to a left of center bog standard poo poo lib (I just want my married gay friends to be able to protect their legal marijuana plants with AR-15’s they got extensive background checks to buy and also their adopted kids and them receive free universal healthcare for when they’re in the next mass shooting or type 2 diabetes or whatever America as gently caress ailment you want) man I loving forgot where this was going after that parenthetical word vomit.

The freedumb caucus ain’t conservative, or the definition of conservative has shifted considerably since I last have a gently caress about politics (Pre escalator. I’ve been here mostly for the lols since escalator day, it’s a coping mechanism).

I hate admitting I was a McCain fan boy when he was running for the nomination against Bush. Because it’s like, yeah maybe I didn’t eat the entire poo poo sandwich, but I definitely had turd in between my teeth at the end of dinner.

Anyway gently caress me and gently caress the freedumb caucus harder.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Platystemon posted:

Do you want Musk?

That's the risk you take when you roll the dice on the Presinator.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

The guys who broke into and damaged some power substations in Washington were caught because their cell phones were the only ones pinging off towers at the four attack sites.

https://twitter.com/kevincollier/status/1610447150626013184

It also turns out they weren't boog shitheads, just a couple of dumbasses racking up no-poo poo federal charges after doing millions of dollars in damage because they wanted to rob a store under the cover of darkness.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The guys who broke into and damaged some power substations in Washington were caught because their cell phones were the only ones pinging off towers at the four attack sites.

It also turns out they weren't boog shitheads, just a couple of dumbasses racking up no-poo poo federal charges after doing millions of dollars in damage because they wanted to rob a store under the cover of darkness.

I have doubts about their claimed motive, to be honest. It seems a long way to go for a crime night.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

That does seem like a 'just dumb enough to come up with a *really* stupid idea' kinda thing. They probably thought they were real criminal masterminds with that plan.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Terrifying Effigies posted:

That does seem like a 'just dumb enough to come up with a *really* stupid idea' kinda thing. They probably thought they were real criminal masterminds with that plan.

They legit stole the idea from Oceans' Eleven.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

my dude who were they trying to rob. that's what I wanna know

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Yeah were they knocking over the local tavern for lottery money or were they hitting a dispensary that can’t access the banking system and could potentially have high 5 figures of cash on site?

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Terrifying Effigies posted:

The filing says they got busted with some lovely NFA violations, a cut down Sears 16 gauge shotgun, a cut down Remington .22 rifle and apparent home-made silencer, which I think confirms this. Boogaloos would have better loot drops. :v:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/law-justice/two-charged-in-pierce-county-christmas-day-substation-attacks/

quote:

Both men have past criminal records in Washington, according to court records, as well as prison records for Crahan.

Greenwood was convicted in 2018 of two counts of forgery and one count of taking a car without permission, Pierce County court records show. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to about four months in jail. Last year, he was charged in Kitsap County with car theft. He pleaded not guilty and the case is pending.

Crahan, in 2016, pleaded guilty to possession of stolen property after he admitted to helping burglarize a Gig Harbor home, Pierce County court records show. In 2014, he pleaded guilty to five counts of identity theft after admitting to possessing bank cards and other financial information of five people. Crahan served a total of 54 months in prison, according to Tobby Hatley, a spokesperson for the state Department of Corrections. In a 2014 DOC intake form, Crahan wrote that he had a severe alcohol and methamphetamine problem.

Crahan also had several previous convictions in Pierce County for theft and attempting to elude law enforcement, as well as a 2007 DUI conviction in Alaska, according to a criminal history filed as part of sentencing in his 2016 case.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

C.M. Kruger posted:

The filing says they got busted with some lovely NFA violations, a cut down Sears 16 gauge shotgun, a cut down Remington .22 rifle and apparent home-made silencer, which I think confirms this. Boogaloos would have better loot drops. :v:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/law-justice/two-charged-in-pierce-county-christmas-day-substation-attacks/

Also Blame it on the boogie woogie's couldn't put together an IKEA table to save their lifes. Only boring commercial product in their drops. Like, where's the fun if u only use glue to get high

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

lol phone addiction has probably caught more criminals than anything at this point

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I regularly lament the death of the removable phone battery. How effective are faraday bags for mobile devices?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol phone addiction has probably caught more criminals than anything at this point

It's the new 'Taking notes at a criminal conspiracy'

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

A.o.D. posted:

I regularly lament the death of the removable phone battery. How effective are faraday bags for mobile devices?

They're only good as how well you seal the bag, and also how well the bag is manufactured. Drop dead simple test would be to put it in the bag, call it/text it, and see if it goes through. You could also wave around one of those EMF readers but I know nothing about how those work and if they actually do what they're designed for. Every 'EMF reader' I see on the first five results of google is aimed at people worried about how their WiFi is actually giving them cancer :ghost:

A Festivus Miracle fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jan 4, 2023

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHXn70TjuFY

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

A.o.D. posted:

From my understanding, they work well as long as no one is actively looking for your phone. I suspect that something leaks out of the faraday bags that is traceable. I suppose that someone here knows for sure, but that would likely require divulging some rather spicy information.

I'm shocked that someone would actually bring their personal phone with them on a "mission" like this. If phones were needed, I would be using burners bought with cash.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
People don't think. And burner phones aren't what they used to be.

Maybe leave the phone at your alibi's house if you're gonna go out criming.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
In the case of these two chucklefucks, plain old walkie talkies would have worked just fine

e: but yeah, burner phones would have been fine as long as they were bought anonymously with cash and destroyed immediately afterward. Hell, my own mother has a burner phone because my parents no longer have a land line and she’s not comfortable without a backup for emergencies

Coasterphreak fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 4, 2023

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

If you need to gps around for crimes use a standalone that doesnt have to connect to your mobile identity like a garmin god its so easy

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Coasterphreak posted:

In the case of these two chucklefucks, plain old walkie talkies would have worked just fine

e: but yeah, burner phones would have been fine as long as they were bought anonymously with cash and destroyed immediately afterward. Hell, my own mother has a burner phone because my parents no longer have a land line and she’s not comfortable without a backup for emergencies

Pretty sure you can’t buy a burner with cash or without some sort of record these days. Even if you bought some sort of shady device on the gray market, the feds would likely sweat the original owner and whoever they sold it to until they eventually worked their way down to the end user.

Stravag posted:

If you need to gps around for crimes use a standalone that doesnt have to connect to your mobile identity like a garmin god its so easy

Garmin eTrex gang for life, for all of my off-grid biking-hiking-criming needs.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Pretty sure you can’t buy a burner with cash or without some sort of record these days. Even if you bought some sort of shady device on the gray market, the feds would likely sweat the original owner and whoever they sold it to until they eventually worked their way down to the end user.

Garmin eTrex gang for life, for all of my off-grid biking-hiking-criming needs.

:hfive: Garmin buddies

I remember a few years back, the Safeway by my old office had a clearance rack, and they had like ten flipphone burners sitting there. I contemplated buying them but didn't. Kinda kick myself for it, but then again, the gently caress am I gonna use them for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

I mean I know I'm just a dumb grunt but I do my criming with two-way radios and a map.