Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Lighthouse no good now? I got my first gold skull ring on there today which was a nice find.

I've dug myself out of the financial hole I was in too, I'm back to having a decent amount of gear again but nothing amazing... I want to try and save up for that stash box so stash management is a bit easier..

Where can I get 4x or 8x scopes from somewhat reliably? The only way I can get them right now is looting I think. I want to practise with bolt actions a little before I have to go to iron sights for the quest..

"Scope shack" on woods is good. It's the shack just past the checkpoint with the SUV on the way to the out skirts extract. You'll pass it if you leave the lumbering and keep closish to the water. It's a shack with a camp fire outside it with a couple weapon crates, but inside the shack there is multiple scope spawns.

Reserve rooftops of the knight buildings is probably the other decent loose loot spot for scopes, though they'll be much more mixed in with other attachments.

Other than that just focus on weapon crates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?

Futaba Anzu posted:

on the topic of interchange, does it no longer spawn a bunch of quest food items in the back of goshan like tushonka and whatnot? i've ratted in there a couple of times and noticed a very clear lack of items there this wipe, or at least way way not as much as it being The Spot like two wipes ago when I last played

I knocked out all the food for Acquaintance this wipe in a single Interchange scav run - the Iskras from the green boxes around the map and everything else from the north side of goshan.

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe
Where can I find a cat figurine? Need one for the docs case barter but cannot find any. :(

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

unpurposed posted:

Where can I find a cat figurine? Need one for the docs case barter but cannot find any. :(

Try the safe in the office on factory or possibly any safe of that type, but definitely the factory one

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Fancy_Lad posted:

I knocked out all the food for Acquaintance this wipe in a single Interchange scav run - the Iskras from the green boxes around the map and everything else from the north side of goshan.
Glad to hear that glitch remains unpatched.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

Kikas posted:

Okay, found this just laying at the back of Goshan. Had to run to KIBA to find someone dead with a ScavBP, the loving thing is 5x2 :popeye: We'll see what's behind that wall.

It's a Gym, interestingly enough.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

unpurposed posted:

You can sometimes find them in the furniture displays at IDEA in the mall.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Tabletops posted:

Best place for loot is a pretty insane exaggeration when light house existed (rip) and interchange is still wild

Woods is the best place for safe loot, because there's no real reason to be up near most of it. though this wipe turned the scav spawns in sunken village and old train station back on so the route is a lot hotter than it used to be

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Tibbeh posted:

It's a Gym, interestingly enough.

Oh poo poo, what type? Can I trade my Pokemon with other Scavs/PMCs?

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

Shumagorath posted:

Glad to hear that glitch remains unpatched.

What is the glitch?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
How exactly do I get into the discord? I can't seem to auth.

I picked up the game back in 2018 but barely touched it. I am still in effect a hatchling. Please help me die less

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Just had an 8 scav kill session on customs that basically turned into a horror movie, while simultaneously making me love this game

I figured I'd go do the skier quest where you have to get into the unknown cabin and grab some intel. I spawned near the radio tower, and spotted a scav at new gas and ran over to kill him. Turns out Rashala and his gang were there and not happy about my intrusion.

I ran away back towards the scav checkpoint area and his in a cabin to heal up. Had three more scavs corner me in the cabin I was in while trying to heal. Then sniper scav spotted me and I had to spend the rest of the game dodging sniper fire and fending off psychic scavs chasing me across the map as I looped from scav checkpoint to the RUAF extract.

It finished off with me rapidly losing health because I ran out of food, and fending off 2-3 scavs at my extract. Made it out by the skin of my teeth crouching in cover about 3 seconds from death.

Vayra
Aug 3, 2007
I wanted a big red title but I'm getting a small white one instead.

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Where can I get 4x or 8x scopes from somewhat reliably? The only way I can get them right now is looting I think. I want to practise with bolt actions a little before I have to go to iron sights for the quest..

You can buy a (garbage) 4x scope and 25mm rings for it from Jaeger level 1. Conveniently, that combo fits right on the VPO-215 Gorno you can also buy from him which is solid for killing scavs (and PMCs in pacas) as .366 FMJ one-hits the chest hitbox and pens level 2 armor.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Thanks, very much appreciate all the help from everyone.

I got my first scav loot box last night so I finally have a bit of decent space in my stash too.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Man, where the gently caress do I find an Awl? I know it's "generic loot" so the answer is "everyhwere" but goddamn, I've yet to see one this wipe. Only thing that's stopping me from building the Larvatory! :argh:

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Kikas posted:

Man, where the gently caress do I find an Awl? I know it's "generic loot" so the answer is "everyhwere" but goddamn, I've yet to see one this wipe. Only thing that's stopping me from building the Larvatory! :argh:

I found several in sports bags.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
The back area of Goshan with all the shelving tends to have a lot

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The back rooms of Goshan are great for tools in general, as are the various shelves in OLI, though that’s interspersed with more generalized stuff like tubing/lightbulbs/propane.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
They're pretty common in tech supply crates too i think

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Did scavs get nerfed hard? I just had a streets where I wandered into a grocery store with 4 scavs in it and they all let me murder them with only one returning fire a little bit. When I saw them all at once I thought I was super dead.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Rahu posted:

Did scavs get nerfed hard? I just had a streets where I wandered into a grocery store with 4 scavs in it and they all let me murder them with only one returning fire a little bit. When I saw them all at once I thought I was super dead.
Yes, they did in fact get nerfed.

https://twitter.com/LogicaISoIution/status/1611154238180327424

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I gotta change up my route through the back of Interchange then, I keep having runs like this but no Awls :v:

I am practically tripping over suppressors and other gun parts as well, I think the spawn rate got bumped.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Speaking of interchange does anyone have a vid that shows all the incidental loot spawns on it? I've run a lot of naked runs through with specific rush spots in mind so I know all the super valuable locations but I always find I have a hard time just finding stuff on the shelves and general loot all throughout lying around. I just straight up don't know what physical locations loot spawns on

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

A decked out STM with a 3x and canted red dot might be my favorite gun now. Even with PST you can just melt peoples faces

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Futaba Anzu posted:

Speaking of interchange does anyone have a vid that shows all the incidental loot spawns on it? I've run a lot of naked runs through with specific rush spots in mind so I know all the super valuable locations but I always find I have a hard time just finding stuff on the shelves and general loot all throughout lying around. I just straight up don't know what physical locations loot spawns on

Watch pestilys YouTube video of raid series or hardcore. He does a lot of interchange runs for loot, both hidden stashes and inside olli, not a bad path to take.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

hello internet posted:

A decked out STM with a 3x and canted red dot might be my favorite gun now. Even with PST you can just melt peoples faces
Did you get the longest possible barrel for it?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

Did you get the longest possible barrel for it?

Not yet. Been keeping an eye out for it.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Ugh.

I keep running in to people floating a foot off thr ground and silent when they sprint.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I really want to like this patch, streets looks and feels awesome, but I'm having major performance issues compared to last patch, and there's no rhyme or reason for it

Like a lot of people I need to reset my game between raids to avoid the memory leak, which is annoying but fine I guess, but sometimes I still get like 40ish FPS despite restarting (though it feels lower, somehow) on a map like customs, where I usually get 60-80

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i've been watching through the pestily raid series off the recommendation and been wondering, he's mentioned sometimes that he would load into a raid 'late' as a pmc and that it had already been a minute into the raid. i recall this being a thing the first time i played but i don't recall, did they ever change that or is this still a thing?

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Bohemian Nights posted:

I really want to like this patch, streets looks and feels awesome, but I'm having major performance issues compared to last patch, and there's no rhyme or reason for it

Like a lot of people I need to reset my game between raids to avoid the memory leak, which is annoying but fine I guess, but sometimes I still get like 40ish FPS despite restarting (though it feels lower, somehow) on a map like customs, where I usually get 60-80

Have you turned of binaural audio? It makes a huge difference to performance and not a huge difference to sound

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Futaba Anzu posted:

i've been watching through the pestily raid series off the recommendation and been wondering, he's mentioned sometimes that he would load into a raid 'late' as a pmc and that it had already been a minute into the raid. i recall this being a thing the first time i played but i don't recall, did they ever change that or is this still a thing?

Late raid as a PMC is gone.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it now makes sure all PMCs are loaded in and ready before starting the raid. That's why you have the "waiting for players" stage of loading in (and if you've never seen that I guess you're the one everyone is waiting for. :v:)

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
You can get a late spawn, but you need a serious potato PC or bad networking luck. It waits something like 5 mins for players to sync with each other, then anyone still left it gives up.
This can mean due to networking glitches you might see 'synchronising' indefinitely... if it goes over 5 mins, alt+F4 and reconnect to the raid because you're probably actually in game already and haven't noticed.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Anyone else not hear grunts of pain and the actual barbed wire noise while walking through it? I think it's been like that the whole wipe?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

poe meater posted:

Anyone else not hear grunts of pain and the actual barbed wire noise while walking through it? I think it's been like that the whole wipe?

It's always been glitched on your side. Everyone else heard you grunting all the time, even if. It's only occasional for yourself

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
i like that my final streaming watch reward was 2 red ornaments and then they immediately took the tree away

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

poe meater posted:

It is off and on for me, including bush sounds and other player side noises. I don't hear a lot of what my character does, but everyone else hears it.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
Supposedly the bush and barbed wire sound issue is progressive. You'll notice they work in the beginning of a raid but as time goes on ambient sounds like those just stop working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Toalpaz posted:

It's always been glitched on your side. Everyone else heard you grunting all the time, even if. It's only occasional for yourself

I had that extension running but due to RL stuff etc I found myself missing the actual legendary boxes white a few times. Did get some decent stuff though! Shame they made it so long winded with the 12 hour windows etc..