Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I am genuinely shocked that a man of your... experience hasn't seen a fumigation tent. This is not a dig, I'm just surprised.

Hope the LobsterbaseX makes it out the other side unscathed and pest free.

Termite treatments in the Northeast tend to be the drill the foundation/inject poison/seal the hole/poison the perimeter soil variety. If you cut off their water supply, they die.

The only time I've seen termites surviving without constant contact with the ground was one loss, where there was a roof leak that was collecting in a spot in the roof/ceiling framing in such a way as to keep the wood soaked constantly. Only time I saw a termite infestation two stories up.

Maybe the envelopment is to prevent poisoning the soil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Hey Lobsterboy, I can this to PMs if you want, but I've been looking at this old Buick that popped up and wanted to see your thoughts.

The it's listed as a Roadmaster, but the gu]y says it's a Jetback, and it's a '53

Wants $1500 for the whole lot.

It does look pretty cool, but it also looks like it's missing a lot. I asked the guy about the misding parts. He thinks ge might have the frille but I guess it's a property he inherited and it's costed under snow ATM.

Is there anything that makes this particularly worthwhile over a more complete model?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

PainterofCrap posted:

Termite treatments in the Northeast tend to be the drill the foundation/inject poison/seal the hole/poison the perimeter soil variety. If you cut off their water supply, they die.

The only time I've seen termites surviving without constant contact with the ground was one loss, where there was a roof leak that was collecting in a spot in the roof/ceiling framing in such a way as to keep the wood soaked constantly. Only time I saw a termite infestation two stories up.

Maybe the envelopment is to prevent poisoning the soil?

Different climate, different termite species, and VASTLY different construction. Where I live, most homes are stucco’ed cinderblock exterior walls on a concrete slab, with wood roofs and ceilings, and in older construction, wood interior framing.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

LobsterboyX posted:

in other news, I've been working... a lot

I do InfoSec and some of my favorite times at the job was working big events as on site technical SME for my former employer. Just something about the events and the atmosphere, I’m very jealous of you and your professional career.

Also if you’re going to spend more time there you may want to check out the food at Chino Bandito. It was really good last time I was there.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.

Nystral posted:

I do InfoSec and some of my favorite times at the job was working big events as on site technical SME for my former employer. Just something about the events and the atmosphere, I’m very jealous of you and your professional career.

Also if you’re going to spend more time there you may want to check out the food at Chino Bandito. It was really good last time I was there.

These events are really incredible, I'm very happy and honored to be a part of them, but honestly, I'm burning out. Ever since I got sent to Pebble, I've been thinking really hard about chasing the goal, but totally, there is something very special about mega events like this - I'm not sure how much I can go in to it, but some of the presentations I've heard rate this on the same security level as the presidential inauguration... so yeah, its a big fuckin deal. I've had to do a lot of things to be cleared to do these events as well.

Re: Chino - I have a few more trips before the big day - I'll try to check it out, because with a logo like this it cant be bad...

ExplodingSims posted:

Hey Lobsterboy, I can this to PMs if you want, but I've been looking at this old Buick that popped up and wanted to see your thoughts.

The it's listed as a Roadmaster, but the gu]y says it's a Jetback, and it's a '53

Wants $1500 for the whole lot.

It does look pretty cool, but it also looks like it's missing a lot. I asked the guy about the misding parts. He thinks ge might have the frille but I guess it's a property he inherited and it's costed under snow ATM.

Is there anything that makes this particularly worthwhile over a more complete model?

boy, a lot to unpack - this seems like a really really big project - first off, its a 50, its a model 43 special jetback sedan.

quote:

Model 43-four-door Sedan......................................58,700
Model 43-four-door Sedan Delux................................14,355

dont know if its a deluxe or not, because everything that makes it a deluxe seems to be missing. This is not an easy car to restore, especially because its missing so much. I'm obviously a glass house stone caster here...

but the one thing that this one has going for it is that its "complete" minus the parts of it that have rusted away.. with that 50, your in for it. Just for reference - here's one, not a fastback, for 5800, which I'm sure could be negotiated to 5500 or maybe even 5000 - but I'd argue that getting the one you posted even to the state of this one would cost more than 4300 bucks...

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1550442/1950-buick-special-for-sale-in-newalla-oklahoma-74857

for me personally, theres a lot of unknowns... I'd start with a more complete car.

PainterofCrap posted:

RIP Frantic Fred. The cohort of wrenching rodders is thinning.

:stare:
Please do explain the tenting…I have never seen this.

A friend of mine hails from New England and also was like "whats that" - so now you know!

The house made it out pretty good, although the plants near the house kinda got hit hard - they'll come back, but its not pleasant looking out there.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yeah, I kinda figured it was a bit of a lost cause, but I wanted to ask because it looks so cool. Especially the complete version, but I can only imagine what a pain in the rear end sourcing parts for it would be.

I'm sure the front bumper/grille alone costs a fortune.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

If you live in your bookmarks, peep this post:

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Thanks for the great advice, I'll check some of those places out. I guess I should try to decipher these old invoices so they know what's been done to the beast.

I also inherited his 1937 buick century that I partially learned to drive stick on, so I won't be without a car to remember him by when I sell the pantera. Just need to get a house with a dang garage. Here's a bad pic of that one...

Funny story, that was his first car when he was 19. Ran it until the ground and got rid of it then years later decided he wanted one again. Bought one sight unseen in rough shape in CO, drove it home through a blizzard. Then he discovered some lovely angle iron underneath that he sloppily welded on to tow his Harley with... he had rebought his exact first car. So then he maybe went overboard with the restoration. It was his baby for sure.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
oh hey, so thats a weird story -

LobsterboyX posted:

Well, this is interesting.

I knew your dad, and I've been to his house and seen that car. I also know about the 53 skylark. Interesting world we live in. The last time I saw him was a Buick club dinner. One of the cars that was stored in his back yard was offered to me.

I was summoned because of the Buick and as I was reading it, I felt like I had heard this story before, then I looked closely at that license plate and it all made sense.

DM me if you want, one of your dads friends is more than qualified to help you with that Pantera and is 100% the right person to handle it - his initials are SB if your wondering who I'm talking about - the advice given by others here is pretty sound, but if you're looking to avoid a more public sale of that car, and maybe even get it in to the hands of someone who knew your dad, I'd start there.

Also even more funny, your dad and my father-in-law knew each other back when because of this Pantera, my FIL owned a number of them and was very active in the community.

LobsterboyX posted:

Few funny facts:

Me and the OP's dad were often the only ones to drive our cars to these funny old man functions we used to go to. He would often joke with my wife and I about our age, I was by far the youngest member of the buick club at the time.

People would come over to my house and see my collection of junk and say, "you know that guy (OP's Dad) - man he's got a lot of stuff just like this" - one of the last times I saw him, he told me that a lot of people had said the same thing to him, about me - as in "you know that guy (lobsterboyx), yeah that kid in the valley has a lot of crap like yours". Sadly he never got to see my stuff, and I only saw his place after his passing.

Op's dad would also sit back and crack jokes about the age of most of the people who liked the same cars we did.

this is a dumb weird forum, but its power is pretty incredible - never in a million years would I have guessed I'd see THAT car HERE.

So here we are, a funny internet forum with real life connections.

who'd a thunk it.

minor update:

So, I'm probably going to pop on one of these:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wpp-sr3620

because I'm getting one of these:

so that I can put this

behind

As it turns out, this head is incredibly rare - its actually a one year only variant built in 1929 by this dude: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Miller_(auto_racing) right here in los angeles.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/20...how-id-build-it

so it turns out that this head is pretty special, note that my head doesn't look much like that, because its one of the first versions of it... joy.

I rounded up all my aluminum parts and I'm going to be getting them to the polisher as soon as I can

been doing a bit of work to this old pig

posed here with my buddys new to him 1953 olds 2dht

and as she sits now with this rain.

this dude rolled thru cruise night before christmas..

I'm in a magazine..

https://i.imgur.com/AAYGSgV.mp4

I got my kid a nifty hot rod hauler for christmas..

if you dont know about the Hess trucks, you do now: https://hesstoytruck.com/hesstory/

someone got me a nifty book for christmas

we've taken lots of drives while I've been off work

and heres a lovely pic:

but if you look close you can see Neil Young's tour bus creeping thru pasadena during the rose parade

heres a pic of it that I didn't take.

yes thats right theres 2 1948 buicks grafted to the top of it.

heres what the inside looks like

more later

LobsterboyX fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 4, 2023

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I had a Hess tanker truck toy as a kid in the 80s.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

LobsterboyX posted:

heres a pic of it that I didn't take.

yes thats right theres 2 1948 buicks grafted to the top of it.

heres what the inside looks like

more later

Holy poo poo :effortpost: please

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

:aaaaa:

Only Lobsterboy would end up with a fuckin prototype Miller banger head.

This fuckin guy, goddamn.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

MrYenko posted:

Also I know your dad and those cars. We're friends. He's that guy in the good way.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003

PainterofCrap posted:

Holy poo poo :effortpost: please

TBH, I really don't know that much about it.. I learned about it thru a friends parents (not anyone on here, I hope) who know Neil personally, that particular friend and I only see each-other once every other year or so and he now lives on the east coast but his parents still live here. I haven't seen them in some time, but I ran in to the dad at the market right before covid, the first thing out of his mouth was "you still have those old cars". This all came about because one of the last times I saw my friend, about 2 years before covid, I drove my 48 over to his parents house and his dad came out and said "Neil Young has 2 of those cars on top of his tour bus" So I looked in to it. There's not a whole lot of info on it, other than the fact that the bus is named Zuma.

MrYenko posted:

honda whisperer posted:

Also I know your dad and those cars. We're friends. He's that guy in the good way.

this string made me really laugh because its not the first time I've heard that.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Lol, that's an incredible connection in the most unlikely of places. Who would have though an internet forum could be so far reaching.

That bus is pretty sweet too.

In other news, I'm joining the Buick owning club it seems. I'll get so.e better pics when it gets delivered next week, and I'll be starting my own thread.

It's a 1940, and it's mostly there. All the trim, bumpers, hood, etc... are there. No glass and no interior though.

No running gear either but I've got a solution for that.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

ExplodingSims posted:

In other news, I'm joining the Buick owning club it seems. ...

:gritin:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

ExplodingSims posted:

In other news, I'm joining the Buick owning club it seems. I'll get so.e better pics when it gets delivered next week, and I'll be starting my own thread.

Don't you have a fleet of possible drivetrain donors in your driveway?

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
theres a very clean 1948 small series straight 8 with a very rare twin carb setup available here in so cal for sale...

congrats! 40 is a great lookin car.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

ExplodingSims posted:

Lol, that's an incredible connection in the most unlikely of places. Who would have though an internet forum could be so far reaching.

That bus is pretty sweet too.

It's a 1940, and it's mostly there. All the trim, bumpers, hood, etc... are there. No glass and no interior though.

Nailhead swap for maximum hotrod cred.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Megasquirt EFI twin-turbo nailhead swap.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

MrYenko posted:

twin-turbo nailhead

reverse-flow nailhead with direct-drive supercharger :eng101:

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Agreed!

boxen posted:

this one has always tickled me...

/Tommy Ivo enters the chat

4 of them please...

Funny story about Tommy Ivo - I sold him some parts and he gave me a signed poster... I'll find it a take a photo with it later!

-

So a few nights ago I'm trawling some random facebook groups and I come across a post in one of the model a groups about a "top cylinder lubricator" - the guy had a few pics and a potato quality vid of this in action...

What is it? well its basically an injector of Marvel Mystery oil, Seafoam, Berrymans or any sort of detergent oil.. interesting.

before the calls of snakeoil... I've been a user of these things for a long time, they really help the flatheads get some extra wetness up where it counts... I also love seafoaming my cars periodically... Also, I love bullshit accessories that look like this...

pic from the net, I didn't save any pics from the post and I got too deep in the rabbit hole to remember what group it was...

Then I come across...

http://www.ampcolubes.com/

quote:

Ampco oilers are a vintage item. They are new old stock and were manufactured around the same time as Marvel oilers, and were MADE IN AMERICA! These are not reproductions. This is truly a quality item.

There were several manufacturers of top cylinder oilers. Ampco, Marvel, and White were the most popular. Marvel and White lubricators are no longer available.

An inventory of NOS Ampco oilers, in storage for over 40 years, was discovered in 2005, and are now being offered by Ampco Lubricators LLC. There is a finite supply – when they are gone, there will be no more! Get yours while they last!

:shepface:

So I writes to the feller... and he gave me a call this evening.

Long story short, the guy rebuilds pancake and belt driven vintage superchargers "for fun" and came across a large stock of these things along with the injector plates for most cars thru the 50s.... take my money...

"sure you can turn it way down, or way up if you have a mosquito problem"

I also ordered a quick change... and got a SMOKING deal on it for way WAY less than I thought I was going to be in to it for.

Also, I'm kinda building my own version of Robert Stack's roadster.. yes that Robert Stack.

https://kustomrama.com/wiki/Robert_Stack%27s_1931_Ford

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

MrYenko posted:

Megasquirt EFI twin-turbo nailhead swap.

Ooooo, I like...

boxen posted:

Can I change my vote?
I will also accept a conventional flow nailhead with a Potvin.
edit: I have a vintage scale model of the "Orange Crate" show drag car that my dad built back in the '60s that has a front-drive blower - first time I'd ever seen that. It blew me away. It uses an Olds V8, which I also like:

https://bangshift.com/general-news/historic-orange-crate-1932-ford-sedan-for-sale-on-racingjunk/

LobsterboyX posted:

So a few nights ago I'm trawling some random facebook groups and I come across a post in one of the model a groups about a "top cylinder lubricator" - the guy had a few pics and a potato quality vid of this in action...

What is it? well its basically an injector of Marvel Mystery oil, Seafoam, Berrymans or any sort of detergent oil.. interesting.

before the calls of snakeoil... I've been a user of these things for a long time, they really help the flatheads get some extra wetness up where it counts... I also love seafoaming my cars periodically... Also, I love bullshit accessories that look like this...

pic from the net, I didn't save any pics from the post and I got too deep in the rabbit hole to remember what group it was...

Then I come across...

http://www.ampcolubes.com/

:shepface:

So I writes to the feller... and he gave me a call this evening.

Long story short, the guy rebuilds pancake and belt driven vintage superchargers "for fun" and came across a large stock of these things along with the injector plates for most cars thru the 50s.... take my money...

"sure you can turn it way down, or way up if you have a mosquito problem"

I also ordered a quick change... and got a SMOKING deal on it for way WAY less than I thought I was going to be in to it for.

Also, I'm kinda building my own version of Robert Stack's roadster.. yes that Robert Stack.

https://kustomrama.com/wiki/Robert_Stack%27s_1931_Ford

So much cool.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 10, 2023

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Hey Lobsterboy, I promise this'll be the last time I hijack your thread for my questions, but I have two things I wanted to ask you about.

1. Do you have a good place for finding glass for Buicks? The one I got has absolutely zero glass on it, so I'll need everything.

2. Do you gave a resource for deciphering model codes? Surprisingly, I was able to find one one this car.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
556 looks to be Casino Beige, which is an odd name for a colour.

https://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorc...=Casino%20Beige

The trim number will tell you the interior material and colour if you can find a reference for it.

Edit: 2 tone Tan Bedford Cord

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/185902-1940-51c-trim-tag-info-and-other-numbers/

Fornax Disaster fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 15, 2023

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
What he said! and please, hijack away!

Also, make an account over there on the AACA forums, there's more than a few experts on the topic of 40s buicks. A user there Sean1997 will be able to give you an extremely detailed rundown.. see below - which was his information about my 42 buick coupe...

quote:

14283262 = frame serial number
1 = built at Flint, MI
4283262 = sequential number, range for 1942 pre-blackout models was 4,257,442 to 4,348,372

1942 MOD. 44
STYLE No 42-4227B
BODY No 188
TRIM No 50 OKR
PAINT No 1
TOP ACC.

Model 44 = 2-door business coupe, 3-passenger

4227B = Fisher body style number
4 = Buick
2 = Series 40A/Special, 118 inch wheelbase
27B = 2-door business coupe, 3-passenger

Body no. 188 = 188th 4227B built at Flint, MI
(lack of a plant code preceding the body number means it was built at Flint)

Trim 50 = Tan and Grey Bedford Cord available on models 41, 44, 46, 46S, 47, 48, 48S

Paint code 1 = solid Carlsbad Black

Accessory option codes (ACC.) stamped on trim line:
O = Grained Garnish Molding
K = Heater & Defroster
R = Foamtex Seat Cushions

4478346A = engine serial number
4478346 = sequential number, range for 1942 pre-blackout models was 4,457,941 to 4,540,296
A = Series 40A/Special, 118 inch wheelbase

All that from a photo like yours..

Re: glass - If you have a glass guy local to you, he should be able to do every bit of it, there are no curved panels. The rubber can be sourced from Bob's https://bobsautomobilia.com/

but they get it directly from: https://www.steelerubber.com/automotive

An advantage of going thru Bobs is that they have had workarounds to "discontinued" items - also getting a catalog from them is pretty helpful

Have you taken a look at your suspension yet?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I haven't looked at it too in depth under the car yet. I got it delivered and dripped in the grafee, then vacuumed what felt like an entire pine tree out of the interior.

It looks like it's got springs in the rear, not just leafsprings

Front suspension looks to be in good shape.

Any idea what this nub above the windshield is for/would have been?

And I'm assuming this gap would have been for a spotlight of some kind? Seems to be pretty inconvenient fir a mirror.

From what I can see thats missing, it looks like this car would have had a pretty good selection of options on it. I can see where the heater would have been, it came with a radio, looks like it had wiring for fog lights, etc...

I even found the original sun visors buried under the pine mess inside!

Gonna be meeting up with another guy today who has some interior bits for this model, so that's exciting!

Also Casino Beige is the worst name for a print color.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

Any idea what this nub above the windshield is for/would have been?

Based on images of 1940 Buicks, that looks like the mounting point for the radio antenna.

ETA:

The black clip in the middle of the windshield is a clip for parking it. It rotates, and there's a knob on the inside of the pivot to raise or lower it:

Deteriorata fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 15, 2023

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I think Casino Beige sounds loving awesome and if I ever go to Las Vegas I’m booking my room under that name

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
can confrim about the sharkfin antenna - its a buick only thing- we embrace it!

Looks like your car is pretty in tact!

in the picture of the engine bay - the thing thats poking thru the wheel well, the upper control arm - thats your shock.

Give the car a bounce and see how the front shocks work - granted this is a longer term project, but something your going to want to do now is begin the "lobsterboyx liquid shock rebuild" for 1940s buicks.

on the top of the shock, youll find a plug, remove it, and spray some pb blast, kroil or even wd40 in there and fill it up. I prefer the more expensive stuff because it really cuts the crud out of there. anyway, fill it up and leave it - give the front of the car a bounce whenever you think about it and let that stuff do its work.

as you get closer to getting it back on the road, rig up a little funnel and replace the thin penetrating oil with thick SAE motor oil, the heavier oil should push the thinner oil out- once you have that in there, it should start to give you a bit of resistance. keep bouncing on the car when you think about it.

before your ready to go, replace that oil with the heaviest weight gear oil you can find and rinse and repeat the bouncing.

What this does is cleans and flushes the hydraulic knee action shocks - its not a sure fire thing that it will work and bring them back, but know that rebuilding these shocks (that are actually part of the suspension) is pricy, at about 250-300 each, and it will do something to them

for the rears - this isn't really applicable although you can try it - these aren't really so integrated to the rear suspension so its not that big of a deal - I'd just suggest replacing the shock links that link the arms to the frame and hoping for the best. - for the rears, its pretty easy to fab up some mounts for tube shocks, although im nutty and actually prefer the ride without shocks. for reference, your rear shocks are the cylindrical things with the long arms that point towards the rear of the car - they are right up against your backing plates, and the links in your pics look pretty ok.. just note on those, if theres play in those, they are way magnafied - a 16th of an inch of travel in those bushings equals like an inch of up and down of the body of the car.

also note you have a torque tube, so if your going to do anything but a buick trans, your going to have to figure out a rear end situation.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Thanks for the advice on the suspension situation, it's good to know going forward.

I'm not 100% sure what um going to do eith the driveline situation going forward. I had been planning to modernize it a bit with stuff out of the van I've got here.

But today I went and picked up some interior bits for the car. Got the rear bench, and all the window bezels too. Not sure if I needed all of then but spares don't hurt.

He also tossed in these running boards, that I now realize are for the limo version and not this model. Oops

He also offered the S10 frame and running gear from under the one he had there. Which would come with a motor, suspension, rear end, etc.... for like $800.

Which is temping, but I'm not 100% sure how I feel about doing a full frame swap like that.

ExplodingSims fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 16, 2023

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I dont think the S10 is going to be big enough, you'll have to do some stretching to get the wheels centered.

Knowing nothing of the situation, I'd be willing to bet you could get a running and driving straight 8 with a standard transmission and plop that in there and enjoy the poo poo out of it. Where are you located? I'll keep an eye...

if you do anything else, you'll have to change out that rear end, which is not a huge deal, but it is a PITA.

IN OTHER NEWS... MAIL TIME!

2 giant boxes showed up on friday.. one had this in it..

the other was this

inside..

drat thing is so cool. I cant wait.. probably headed to the shop next weekend

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I'm up in Portland OR, and I still have completely ruled the Straight 8 out.

I thunk most of the legwork on the S10 frame would have been done, as it's already mounted under a Buick of the same model?

It's a slightly different body style, as it's this style with the Suicide Doors on it:

I thunk they all have the same wheelbase though?

Though he did say he was probably going to scrap it, so I might be able to pick up a second Buick now, lol.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
PNW is actually hosting the Buick National meet this year... just a thought...

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm up in Portland OR, and I still have completely ruled the Straight 8 out.

I thunk most of the legwork on the S10 frame would have been done, as it's already mounted under a Buick of the same model?

It's a slightly different body style, as it's this style with the Suicide Doors on it:

I thunk they all have the same wheelbase though?

Though he did say he was probably going to scrap it, so I might be able to pick up a second Buick now, lol.

if it's $800 for the frame, offer $1k for the whole thing and then you can decide which way you want to do it since you'll have both options. pick the body you like better and the frame you like better. sounds like you're not hurting for storage space.

Mr Fish
Nov 16, 2016

LobsterboyX posted:

AFAIK it was the first game to be played in full as a movie, and it won an award. It really was a remarkable game but it didn't capture the younger audience because the action element isn't as strong, and while it is like a gta set in the 40s, you are limited to the story. All this talk makes me want to fire up my xbox again

One of the best rockstar releases imo. I just beat it again for the 3rd time recently. It’ll run on any pc basically at this point too so that’s an option.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Raluek posted:

if it's $800 for the frame, offer $1k for the whole thing and then you can decide which way you want to do it since you'll have both options. pick the body you like better and the frame you like better. sounds like you're not hurting for storage space.

That's more or less what I was thinking at this point. It seems kinda silly to just get the frame of he's going to get rid of the whole setup anyway....

I mean, the driveway is getting pretty full though. But I guess one van can go to make room for a Buick.

Unless anyone wants to help clear put some blackberry bushes. Then I'll have lots of room!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

ExplodingSims posted:

That's more or less what I was thinking at this point. It seems kinda silly to just get the frame of he's going to get rid of the whole setup anyway....

I mean, the driveway is getting pretty full though. But I guess one van can go to make room for a Buick.

Unless anyone wants to help clear put some blackberry bushes. Then I'll have lots of room!

Ken loves blackberry bushes. I'm sure he'll help!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

ExplodingSims posted:

Man, you must have a shitload of surplus speakers to offload.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Man, you must have a shitload of surplus speakers to offload.

Roads around Portland are treacherous with all the stuff that keeps falling off trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

LobsterboyX posted:

IN OTHER NEWS... MAIL TIME!

2 giant boxes showed up on friday.. one had this in it..

Oh, cool! Is that the Hasbro Pulse replica, or a custom built prop?
I really wanted to buy the Hasbro one, with the amount of detail they put into it, what with having access to the original props and all, but $$ and I don't have any space. It could even be disassembled like the one in Afterlife, and could make noises from either that movie or the original.

quote:

the other was this

inside..

drat thing is so cool. I cant wait.. probably headed to the shop next weekend

Daaaaaang.