Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
i am always happy to see this thread bumped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

bornbytheriver posted:

So none of you, good people, think he ends up with the 49ers, zero chance of that happening?

no but arson rodgers will

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Eat poo poo Karen Rogers you loving asswipe.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hughesta posted:

i am always happy to see this thread bumped

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I’m pro vax and pro modern medicine myself, but I do have a lot of respect for people like Rogers who are brave enough to go against the grain on the matter.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

General Dog posted:

I’m pro vax and pro modern medicine myself, but I do have a lot of respect for people like Rogers who are brave enough to go against the grain on the matter.
I have zero respect for them because its science and not subjective, so Karen Fraudgers (only saying this here because its a thread about him, otherwise I avoid the rivals puns) can go ahead and get hosed.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

General Dog posted:

Source your quotes.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I have zero respect for them because its science and not subjective, so Karen Fraudgers (only saying this here because its a thread about him, otherwise I avoid the rivals puns) can go ahead and get hosed.

Absolutely. To hell with these superspreader jackasses.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
My 'I promise I'm pro-science and not an anti-vax dipshit' shirt is raising a lot of questions already answered by my 'I promise I'm pro-science and not an anti-vax dipshit' shirt

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

King Hong Kong posted:

Source your quotes.

First encounter with General Dog?

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

First encounter with General Dog?

Didn’t he insist it would be hilarious and also very good if Watson’s suspension was eliminated? I can’t keep track of the local hot take artists as well as I used to.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

King Hong Kong posted:

Didn’t he insist it would be hilarious and also very good if Watson’s suspension was eliminated? I can’t keep track of the local hot take artists as well as I used to.

I don’t recall that specifically, but it sounds plausible. His gimmick (actual legitimate personality?) is being a Texas A&M graduate who has the exact opinions you would expect a proud Texas A&M graduate to have.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

General Dog posted:

It's not bravery, it's stupidity. gently caress medical contrarians, they get people killed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/PackersHistory1/status/1612512679481991169

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Chef's kiss meme

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Favre is secretly his idol. Next stop is the Jets!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The packers are hosed if he’s cut, traded, or retires cap wise so he’s probably not going anywhere.

This thread, otoh, is evergreen.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

It's like poetry. It rhymes.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

The packers are hosed if he’s cut, traded, or retires cap wise so he’s probably not going anywhere.

If he retires post June 1 it’s bad, but probably manageable. Cutting him is impossible. Trading him would work the same as retirement but nobody is taking that contract.

I think it’s 50:50 between retirement and him playing another year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I love this. I want to bathe in it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Feel like this is going to give him so much leverage even with how lovely he played that he's gonna reeeeeally throw his weight around the organization.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
god loving damnit you discount double dick

loving retire so you can dedicate your life to investigating what really happened on 9/11. or better yet what happened on my personal 9/11, last night's game

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I said back in October that I wasn't going to start throwing dirt on the Packers' grave until this regime had back to back losing seasons. I am, however, going to enjoy this discussion while it lasts.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Feel like this is going to give him so much leverage even with how lovely he played that he's gonna reeeeeally throw his weight around the organization.

It's my great shame to agree with a point made by Skip Bayless but he's basically already started. Dude tries to play heroball and instead throws a season ending duck for a pick, then next time you see him he's immediately doing the "aw shucks I better take one last look around and take this all in cause i just don't know if I'll get to do this again." shtick to get the attention off of how rear end he played and onto another offseason of will he won't he crap.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Who voted this thread anything lower than 5?! Some salty packers fans out here.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
I suppose there is some chance that injury really was bothering him and his receivers did drop an awful lot of footballs but yeah he has looked downright lovely most of the year and isn't even having those flashes of vintage Rodgers the way Brady has been. I think he's gone 23 games now without a 300 yard performance. even Mike White got one this season. he's 39. I think he's just washed and even if there's only like a 5% chance Jordan Love is any good it sure would be nice of them to find out

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Aaron Rodgers - New XFL star?

Or

Aaron Rodgers replaces Diamond or Diamond and Silk?

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

(rear end)Clay and Silk

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I can’t believe this loving loser was dating Olivia Munn

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Mr. Nice! posted:

Who voted this thread anything lower than 5?! Some salty packers fans out here.

Do your own research, friend

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Koirhor posted:

Heh, dating

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Koirhor posted:

Or at least that's what their publicist said.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/DrawPlayDave/status/1612315227579875328

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Forgot to post this ITT:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Has the fox in the desert told Aaron if he needs to keep playing or retire yet?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Rommel?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

No, that's Nick Bosa's spirit guide.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1617885180089303046?s=20&t=8XdCEK1KOaPLlRXPLh33_g

Sure, why not.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh God yes, send him to the Jets. Do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

That's just Dov making poo poo up. From Peter King's article:

quote:

The fate of Aaron Rodgers. Adam Schefter reported Saturday—with very little couching—about the 39-year-old Rodgers’ future that it’s a “real possibility … Aaron Rodgers is going to be traded” in the off-season. Schefter often puts governors or conditions on his reports, but not so much here about the Packers’ starter for the past 15 seasons. “Make no mistake: Both sides are fully aware that a trade is a very real scenario this off-season for Aaron Rodgers,” Schefter said.

The possibilities are delicious. Rodgers to the Jets, maybe re-teaming with ex-Pack aide Nathaniel Hackett, who has interviewed for the New York offensive coordinator job. Or Rodgers to the Patriots, which seems very Belichickian, to perhaps give Mac Jones two learning seasons in the shadows. Or Rodgers to Vegas, if Tom Brady doesn’t beat him there. Or Rodgers to Seattle, which is seventh in cap room in 2023 and has four picks in the draft’s top 55. You could think of 10 more.

So, how possible is it? Well, consider that Rodgers’ cap numbers in the next two seasons would be $48.3 million, combined. That’s certainly manageable. As for the compensation due Green Bay, my guess is the Pack would want at least two first-round picks. The Woody Johnson Jets, desperate for a star QB almost since the Broadway Joe days, would happily pay that freight, I’d guess. But would Rodgers accept a deal to the Jets? We shall see.

Emphasis added for the relevant quote that Dov has decided to say is an actual thing happening.