Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
oh thats the brother?

I thought it was the kid that dropped the musk lastname. (oh and is trans / NB?)

also I hate how the pic is cropped so we dont see the fab cosplay cowboy boots he's wearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I unironically would enjoy driving or riding in this. I want more passenger vehicles where the passengers can face one another to talk and chill on a long car ride.

Definitely need to fix that front, though. Ditch the swivel chair and add in a co-pilot seat with stuff like the GPS.

I know it's a deathtrap but it looks like a lovely deathtrap.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
That car looks pretty sweet, and I'm actually a big proponent of center-oriented driver's seats, but yeah the way the captain's chair connects to the floor doesn't seem ideal.

Why would you even want it to swivel around? It makes sense for the other seats, but not the driver's. Self driving wasn't a thing back then (nor is it a thing now lol)

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jan 12, 2023

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
why dont they make a car where u drive in the middle?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Nooner posted:

why dont they make a car where u drive in the middle?

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.

Devils Affricate posted:

Why would you even want it to swivel around? It makes sense for the other seats, but not the driver's. Self driving wasn't a thing back then (nor is it a thing now lol)

I assumed the swivel was for when you had arrived places and thus could stop driving and start hanging out with the rest of the occupants. I actually thought some RVs already had this same setup, where the driver and passenger seats could rotate round to point at the living room area and also everything right up to the radio head unit was carpeted.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

JediTalentAgent posted:

It's nice, but it's not the Landmaster from Damnation Alley.

Or the semi trucks / helicopters from The Highwayman.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

arguably a car as explosive as a Tesla:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Horsebanger posted:

arguably a car as explosive as a Tesla:

yet kill way less people!

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Bottom Liner posted:

grazi ragassi

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Bottom Liner posted:

Oh someone hasn't watched that particular final destination film

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Devils Affricate posted:

Why would you even want it to swivel around? It makes sense for the other seats, but not the driver's.

Teenage me drove a van, and would have killed for the capability to spin around and face the gang when we were pulled over at places while we planned our extremely teenaged poo poo.

Also, most Lego cars have a center-seated driver (but no passengers).

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Elon Musk please buy Ferrari F1 and save the comedy, tyia

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Arc Hammer posted:

Tag yourself I'm the driver's seat with only a single point of connection to the frame and a goddamn swivel that'll go flying through the passenger's compartment when we crash.

I'm the seatbelt that is only anchored to that same seat.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I'm the seatbelt that is only anchored to that same seat.

its ok. once elon fixes the problem with the parachute, it will actually be able to eject you from a crash. The seatbelt is just there to keep you snug in the ejection seat. Just dont push fhat giant ejection seat button on the main menu. Instead, what you want to do during a crash is hit settings > crash > ejection > preferences, then tap "don't eject". otherwise, the car will eject you. also, you're gonna want to rollback to firmware version 4.02.00582, otherwise trying this triggers a bug that will cause the car to reset to default mode. Default mode is to spontaneously combust. Amazing that some people still don't get this, and blame Elon! Cmon guys, this is a known issue!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

tuo posted:

Elon Musk please buy Ferrari F1 and save the comedy, tyia

Lol, he'd strip out the halo's in a second as being "unnecessary".

Two days before a fatal crash occurs that would've been survivable had they not been pulled.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i thought kimbal was the president you get to assassinate in new vegas

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
you actually want the seat to break free so that you are safely thrown to safety in the event of a serious collision

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Charles Ford posted:

I assumed the swivel was for when you had arrived places and thus could stop driving and start hanging out with the rest of the occupants. I actually thought some RVs already had this same setup, where the driver and passenger seats could rotate round to point at the living room area and also everything right up to the radio head unit was carpeted.

Obsidianheart posted:

Teenage me drove a van, and would have killed for the capability to spin around and face the gang when we were pulled over at places while we planned our extremely teenaged poo poo.

I... guess. It just seems like a lot was sacrificed in terms of reliability, safety, and build quality for a feature that you'll spend using 0.5% of the time.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So let me get this straight, as a European, aka a person who has seen functioning public transport that makes sense:
Vegas asked for a modern underground transportation to shorten a 20 minute walk.

And not only did they give it to Musk, they presumably gave it to Mysk knowing his grand plan was to build a single lane car tunnel? Because that is what it is. A single lane car tunnel that even suffers from congestion issues, despite the number of cars being limited.

I am not quite sure who is more stupid. Musk for actually thinking that was a "modern" solution or the city for thinking that was an acceptable proposal.
But I am sure the committee members are pondering this decision ever time they drive around in their new free tesla.

And I also guarantee you, the drivers are not because "the cars wanted to follow the roads above". It is probably because they were unable to get the Teslas to go from stop 1 to stop 2, waiting until they are fully occupied and then drive on without user input. Because that's more than programming a destination and saying go.

Plus they couldn't rely on passengers to press the right button and/or would have opened themselves to liability without drivers.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
They chose it because it had pretty renders and promised the moon to pretend it could be low-cost & expandable

And because most Americans are almost as scared of public transport as they are of communism and fluoridated tap water

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Shazback posted:

Floridated tap water

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ah yes, Singapore, a country that typically embraces forigners who do financial crimes....

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Anyone have that link to the Elon parody song posted earlier?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

CommissarMega posted:

Anyone have that link to the Elon parody song posted earlier?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zgOHwK5QL-E&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Elon falling out with his brother may be very funny because one of the reasons people were saying Musk would never be ousted from the Tesla board was because it was stuffed with Kimbal and other loyalists, so maybe it isn’t quite such a certainty any more. Tesla wouldn’t have got as huge as it is without Elon as it’s hype man, but they’re probably past the point where getting rid of him would help prevent this downward spiral, now that his fingerprints are all over the idiotic design decisions made for the cars.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Thank you! :syoon:

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
All the other Tesla board members are Elon Musk reply guy types and/or legitmately awful people who no doubt support Elon Musk going full chud. I still don't think Elon Musk is in any risk of getting the boot.

In more ways than one, Kimbal Musk seemed to always the odd one out. He really just seems to be a relatively normal wealthy liberal. I wouldn't blame him for not wanting anything to do with a family member who is acting like Trump only with none of the charisma and twice the insecurity.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

:five:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

jeffreyw posted:

All the other Tesla board members are Elon Musk reply guy types and/or legitmately awful people who no doubt support Elon Musk going full chud. I still don't think Elon Musk is in any risk of getting the boot.

In more ways than one, Kimbal Musk seemed to always the odd one out. He really just seems to be a relatively normal wealthy liberal. I wouldn't blame him for not wanting anything to do with a family member who is acting like Trump only with none of the charisma and twice the insecurity.

They were all vocal yes men when elon was maki g them billions. Now hes lost them all of it.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Drone_Fragger posted:

They were all vocal yes men when elon was maki g them billions. Now hes lost them all of it.

Guys like Antonio Gracias, who is on Tesla’s board, helped convinced Musk that buying Twitter was a good idea. He’s still in an advisory role at Twitter as far as I remember.

These people do not care that Musk is losing them money because they’re all inhuman freaks who trivialise everything they do.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Did twitter die yet

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

it's so refreshing that everyone who said they'd stop using Twitter when Elon took over stopped using it

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
It is kinda funny with the vibe of "it's happening, could be tomorrow could be in a year but it's dying, here are my other socials" kinda of being present every where

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

This looks like it belongs in the first season of Star Trek The Next Generation.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

it's so refreshing that everyone who said they'd stop using Twitter when Elon took over stopped using it
It's kinda depressing that in spite of everything Musk and said and done, particularly towards Twitter staff, it seems like there has been no repercussions really.

People talked about it falling apart due to the massive cull, failing as soon as it had to deal with traffic from the World Cup, lol'ing at him unplugging racks, etc etc but none of it has actually made a difference. If anything I could easily believe that engagement with it HAS gone up, as he claims. I don't imagine he cares if you hate it or yourself for using it, if you keep using it.

I don't know what that all means in the grand scheme of things, but it doesn't seem good whichever way you look at it.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Durzel posted:

It's kinda depressing that in spite of everything Musk and said and done, particularly towards Twitter staff, it seems like there has been no repercussions really.

People talked about it falling apart due to the massive cull, failing as soon as it had to deal with traffic from the World Cup, lol'ing at him unplugging racks, etc etc but none of it has actually made a difference. If anything I could easily believe that engagement with it HAS gone up, as he claims. I don't imagine he cares if you hate it or yourself for using it, if you keep using it.

I don't know what that all means in the grand scheme of things, but it doesn't seem good whichever way you look at it.

It’s going to be a more gradual decline, it is already getting noticeably more buggy and that going to increase as more new devs add to a code base that hardly anyone at the company properly knows any more. Infrastructure that was previously overbuilt to enable resilience is going to continue to be pared back until exception events that cause outages are no longer the exception. There’s not going to be a mass exodus of users but instead a slow trickle heading for the exits as the user experience continues to degrade.

And honestly, Twitter never had the quantity of users that other social media companies did, what it had was a huge proportion of users in the media and as such it ended up driving the media cycle. Remains to be seen how much it will be used as such if Musk continues to stifle criticism of himself and his businesses.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/BigTechAlert/status/1613490745758912514?t=85BQoXLDcdy6hSGpWJkDaw&s=19

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

Elom is very upset that you are no longer allowed to gently caress the brown m&m or the green one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

elon should feel free to shove m&ms up his dickhole until he dies