Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Automata 10 Pack posted:

What's up with the Ivermectin resurgence anyways?

I'd imagine Covid spiking again due to holidays, everyday people trying to find a cure, and there being a ton of propaganda about this "miracle cure the government doesn't want you to know".

Sure wish Twitter still had a department to deal with this sort of lovely propaganda that actually harms people, but welp. Freedom of speech!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Dr. Thoss posted:

i confess i was kind of surprised. i wasn't exactly a fan of unknown hinson, but from what little exposure i had, everything he did seemed to be just so extreme and on-the-nose that i never even considered the possibility that it wasn't satirical. i mean, dude spent a decade making a cartoon whose entire premise is a joke at his expense. the whole things was just like he and the audience were both on the wrong side of poe's law.

inaccurately and out of context?

Perfect.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Saoshyant posted:

I'd imagine Covid spiking again due to holidays, everyday people trying to find a cure, and there being a ton of propaganda about this "miracle cure the government doesn't want you to know".

Sure wish Twitter still had a department to deal with this sort of lovely propaganda that actually harms people, but welp. Freedom of speech!

Sometimes you have to let overpopulation solve itself, and if shoving horse drugs up your butt to own the libs eases some of the strain, well, I don't think those folks are bringing humanity forward.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Oh poo poo, did he do the voice for the gun creature thing? I watched someone playing the game on twitch and I couldn't last more than 5 minutes because that gun was annoying as all gently caress and didn't shut up

Yeah. Fortunately you get other guns that are much less annoying. I tended to stick to the SMG gun and the one that launches its babies to eat enemies and basically only went back to the Morty Gun when I had to use its special ability to move platforms or when I was forced by the game to leave ALL MY GUNS BUT HIM at home.

The knife was way too much too, but the other guns were mostly just occasional side remarks. Morty Gun just does not shut up.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Yeah. Fortunately you get other guns that are much less annoying. I tended to stick to the SMG gun and the one that launches its babies to eat enemies and basically only went back to the Morty Gun when I had to use its special ability to move platforms or when I was forced by the game to leave ALL MY GUNS BUT HIM at home.

The knife was way too much too, but the other guns were mostly just occasional side remarks. Morty Gun just does not shut up.

yeah thankfully you can temper the Morty voice with JB Smoove

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure britney's conservatorship was, uh, not entirely ungrounded. her instagram is a loving trip

I've really struggled with understanding this issue because normal people get to be absolutely bugfuck crazy without having a court-assigned figure to steal all their money from them. Britney doesn't seem to be entirely well but she still seems able to take care of herself.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Looking into it!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Why does this read like a dril tweet to me? Is it the just kind of starting from the middle of a thought nature of it? I also get "Incoming message from the big giant head!" vibes off of him announcing random poo poo as well.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Fenix has stopped loading tweets for me and I'm uncertain if this is intentional

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Fenix has stopped loading tweets for me and I'm uncertain if this is intentional

consider how malicious literally every change at twitter has been since Elon took over

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

You did it Elon, you fixed Twitter

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

This'll win back advertisers.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Most 3rd party apps haven't worked for like 12 hours, they all broke last night and there's nothing indicating if it was on purpose or not.

Meanwhile apartheid clyde is rearranging bookmark buttons on the titanic

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Still unclear he's able to make any actual changes other than just loving with the templates in a CMS

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Automata 10 Pack posted:

I think the most recent Twitter files had something to do with it? Also chuds will never let anything go. We’ll be hearing about ivermectin for decades.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Still no word from the Great Genius about why he’s broken the 3rd party API that almost all his power users, and anyone with any loving sense at all, uses instead of the dogshit Twitter app

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

smellmycheese posted:

Still no word from the Great Genius about why he’s broken the 3rd party API that almost all his power users, and anyone with any loving sense at all, uses instead of the dogshit Twitter app

Discord and SA embed are still working, that's all I use.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

lol twitter power users

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

kazil posted:

lol twitter power users

Fair point. Dreadful phrase

The Postman
May 12, 2007

i am the most powerful user and elon WILL respect me

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

The Postman posted:

i am the most powerful user and elon WILL respect me

dreadfully sorry Mr. Turd2, we are working on it

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

Moved phase shield generation to the starboard side

Updates to photon torpedo bays coming in q2

Minor bug fixes to holodeck next week

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I bet it's deliberate and, I got the words: "I don't want anyone gettnig anything for free" in a SA acccent floating around my head.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

"I want more engagement!"

*immediately shuts down many avenues for users to engage with the service*

It's a strategy?

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

kw0134 posted:

"I want more engagement!"

*immediately shuts down many avenues for users to engage with the service*

It's a strategy?

Engagement goes up when stories break about Twitter breaking. It's 5D chess.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Sometimes you have to let overpopulation solve itself, and if shoving horse drugs up your butt to own the libs eases some of the strain, well, I don't think those folks are bringing humanity forward.

Elon believes in eugenics for human intelligence, so I guess he's ok with his dumbest fans all killing themselves off.

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

Ok, MAJOR bug fixes to the holodeck coming soon

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Jesus Christ shut up you loving nerd

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1613932601882054658?s=20&t=8Q1gQSBFV3SRrOWX7bpYGg

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Wouldn't that imply that Tesla stock is not virtuous?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
He's DeepPosting, which soon cycles over to EgoPosting, leading to Rageposting when people needle him, then he makes a complete dipshit out of himself irl and then back to radio silence until the next DeepPost

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

He probably thinks that he's virtue, but I don't think virtue "rises with the sun" because it's been up all night on a rich guy amphetamine bender.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

having to slash prices because demand is low really got to him.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
but the sun has a daily cycle of going up and down?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Virtue is what he calls his dick

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
wood rises with the dawn

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

N. Senada posted:

Virtue is what he calls his dick

I doubt that broken, mangled thing ever rises anymore.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/SKMorefield/status/1613935595289546761

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What a lovely knock knock joke

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

ok fashboomer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Err what horrible policies. Is that a joke? I'm missing something here.