Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

Kind of a long shot but not getting much help anywhere else. Everytime I log into the Battlestate games launcher, it gives me this ERROR message and closes out.

Error on POST https://launcher.escapefromtarkov.com/launcher/config?launcherVersion=12.12.3.1964. Status code: InternalServerError

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix it? It is now happening on two different computers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....
Alright friends, I've decided I hate myself enough to start playing this game. What are some semi viable gun and ammo combos I can use out of the gate that are going to be semi effective for a babby boy?

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

.Ataraxia. posted:

Alright friends, I've decided I hate myself enough to start playing this game. What are some semi viable gun and ammo combos I can use out of the gate that are going to be semi effective for a babby boy?

.366 EKO rounds and the AK that shoots them can be bought very early on once you unlock the trader Jaeger. These rounds have solid armor pen for the early to mid wipe, and have a lot of flesh damage

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Some of the quests break my brain. 3 pistol kills is something I'll never manage without a lot of luck and a small fortune spent in pistols..

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Some of the quests break my brain. 3 pistol kills is something I'll never manage without a lot of luck and a small fortune spent in pistols..

Pistol and a single mag in your pocket, load into factory, try to get a headshot, rinse and repeat.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

1911 and a couple mags from Peacekeeper 1, plus a PACA and some first aid if you can spare the cash. When Factory starts, try not to move first and just listen for footsteps.

You might get rinsed by an MP7, but against anything else you have a puncher’s chance.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

it'll probably take a lot of runs but yeah just load into factory with whatever you can spare, or nothing but the pistol. eventually you'll get lucky and pop someone in the face, or bumrush someone whose computer loads them in slow. it's not *that* bad.

you'll start to get a feel for how pmc factory pvp flows and from there it's just a matter of throwing enough bullets at faces.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Shumagorath posted:

1911 and a couple mags from Peacekeeper 1, plus a PACA and some first aid if you can spare the cash. When Factory starts, try not to move first and just listen for footsteps.

You might get rinsed by an MP7, but against anything else you have a puncher’s chance.

The first time I did it I just used PMs and oh my God do I not recommend that. M9 was great for me last time and I got it in 2 on factory, all of them also there with pistols.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
I upgraded from a i5-6600 to a 12400 and holy loving moly this is a new game.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

That quest (stirrup) doesn't lead to anything. I get it done just by rocking a side arm with my bolty on woods or shoreline most of the time.

I wish I could play streets, but my experience so far is having a black screen for the first two minutes of the raid, then when I can finally see, the next 3 minutes I get teleported back to where I spawned until it eventually stops.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Copper For Lyfe posted:

That quest (stirrup) doesn't lead to anything. I get it done just by rocking a side arm with my bolty on woods or shoreline most of the time.

I wish I could play streets, but my experience so far is having a black screen for the first two minutes of the raid, then when I can finally see, the next 3 minutes I get teleported back to where I spawned until it eventually stops.

Go at night. Not a drop of teleporting or lag when I do it at night, but during the day it's unplayable.

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....

Tibbeh posted:

.366 EKO rounds and the AK that shoots them can be bought very early on once you unlock the trader Jaeger. These rounds have solid armor pen for the early to mid wipe, and have a lot of flesh damage

Thank you. Please pray for my butthole. This game scares the poo poo out of me.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Just focus on trying to enjoy the adrenal response and not focusing on the dying

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Tibbeh posted:

Just focus on trying to enjoy the adrenal response and not focusing on the dying
This game got me to switch to decaf for a while.

Bondematt posted:

The first time I did it I just used PMs and oh my God do I not recommend that. M9 was great for me last time and I got it in 2 on factory, all of them also there with pistols.
My second season was with the M9 and I absolutely dumpstered this duo to get Stirrup and the office fight quest, but now with Pst locked behind later trader levels I feel like .45 is a much better bet.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012
did they ever manage to make this game fun again?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

it's fun if you take it a raid at a time and don't really give a gently caress but that's a state I didn't reach until about 1k hours

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

it's fun if you take it a raid at a time and don't really give a gently caress but that's a state I didn't reach until about 1k hours

so its not going to be 2018 fun. got it

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

People really overthink stirrup. Bring a lovely pistol with you in to raids. At some point you'll get into a fight with another player and you'll both magdump without killing each other. You'll have a pistol and they won't and you can kill them with it while they reload. Or you'll stumble across someone unaware and get the chance to just dome them with your pistol.

Stirrup is a dead end quest anyways. It has no quests after it and unlocks nothing.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Fart Car '97 posted:

People really overthink stirrup. Bring a lovely pistol with you in to raids. At some point you'll get into a fight with another player and you'll both magdump without killing each other. You'll have a pistol and they won't and you can kill them with it while they reload. Or you'll stumble across someone unaware and get the chance to just dome them with your pistol.

Stirrup is a dead end quest anyways. It has no quests after it and unlocks nothing.
This is true too; my first-ever Stirrup kill was bullying some poor guy in 3Dorms with a Glock 17.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I'm just not good enough frankly! I'm ok with that but I'm a completionist so it's a bit jarring. I've seen grenade quests and stuff further down the line.

I've never used a grenade, I guess the quests are designed to get people to use different stuff and out of their comfort zone so it's working I guess..

Edit: I can't hit headshots for poo poo for example..I think it's just something that will come in time, I'm sure. Aside from messing with COD DMZ a little, which is how I ended up here, I haven't played a shooter online since maybe halo 2 and that was only coop. I'm dreadful but having a blast.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

I'm ok with that but I'm a completionist so it's a bit jarring.

lol, good luck.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

I was actually thinking of a different gun altogether it seems.. I was actually thinking about the T5000-M which I got from a twitch drop.

I'm not very up to speed with all this stuff and I apologise! We don't get much exposure to guns in Europe I'm afraid. I humbly apologise to all my gun toting, school schooling American comrades for not knowing the intricacies!

Dunno where you are in Europe but I have lived in Italy and Finland and both are chock full of guns and Europeans are perfectly capable of understanding differences in firearm actions.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Fart Car '97 posted:

lol, good luck.

Yeah, I know. I mean, if the game ever actually gets a release I suppose I'd eventually manage it. Infinite number of monkeys with typewriters and all that..

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Vahakyla posted:

Dunno where you are in Europe but I have lived in Italy and Finland and both are chock full of guns and Europeans are perfectly capable of understanding differences in firearm actions.
Apologies for the double post. We have very few firearms here, it's rare to see police with them too etc.

I'm not saying people don't have them, but it's not prolific or easy and certainly not mainstream like it can be in certain parts of the US.

I believe the UK, Ireland, Germany and Switzerland all have very low gun ownership numbers. I was under the impression it's quite rare in Italy too but you would obviously know better having lived there..

I wasn't saying all Europeans are clueless either, everyone's obviously capable of learning this stuff. It's just a lot less prolific than other parts of the world by comparison and i'd love to fire a gun if I'm honest but I can't imagine needing to own one or a whole armoury as is sometimes the case.

Edit: France too.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

this is the dumbest derail ever. there are a fuckload of guns in europe and even if there weren't, you don't need to be drowned in guns to play a shooty video game and google some poo poo from time to time. shut the gently caress up about it already

switzerland bro??? the place with conscription??????

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Yeah, I know. I mean, if the game ever actually gets a release I suppose I'd eventually manage it. Infinite number of monkeys with typewriters and all that..

It will still have the wipe-to-wipe formula, so in order to be a completionist you'd have to give this game your life for a season.
Just shoot guns and eat sprats.

Edit: Worked last time for the Awl, so... WHERE THE gently caress DO I FIND A SYRINGE :v: I keep going to places with medical loot with no drat luck. Meh.
I am gonna get my second Junkbox before level 8 at this point with the poo poo I've gathered.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jan 13, 2023

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
You'll start finding a million syringes as soon as you no longer need it

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Kikas posted:

It will still have the wipe-to-wipe formula, so in order to be a completionist you'd have to give this game your life for a season.
Just shoot guns and eat sprats.

Edit: Worked last time for the Awl, so... WHERE THE gently caress DO I FIND A SYRINGE :v: I keep going to places with medical loot with no drat luck. Meh.
I am gonna get my second Junkbox before level 8 at this point with the poo poo I've gathered.

Scav run factory, big wooden box outside the medical tent.

Unrelated, some cultists just got me with the Jurassic Park trick on Factory; one shivved me in the back while I was lining up a shot on the one that I thought I had the drop on. I still killed them, but my apple watch shows this big heartrate spike right when it happened.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

this is the dumbest derail ever. there are a fuckload of guns in europe and even if there weren't, you don't need to be drowned in guns to play a shooty video game and google some poo poo from time to time. shut the gently caress up about it already

switzerland bro??? the place with conscription??????

Nobody said there wasn't guns... Said there wasn't as many as other places and not everyone has the same exposure. Is that not factual?.. are you telling me everyone has the same exposure? I'm also not your "bro" bro

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
How do I get more dollars? I need to spend 11k at peacekeeper ot level up and I've hardly found any

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

How do I get more dollars? I need to spend 11k at peacekeeper ot level up and I've hardly found any

You can buy dollars from Peacekeeper, which thankfully also counts as currency spent

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Peacekeeper also buys most stuff so dumping crap you won't use immediately is a good way to raise that

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Peacekeeper is a good alternative to Mechanic dumps if you don't need the immideate money, because he buys gun parts like optics, foregrips and silencers for a good buck, but it's a buck you can only spend at his shop.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

my method was always to sell any drives or diaries to him and then buy foregrips/mags/smgs with the proceeds

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Wait, so selling counts as buying. Ok. Thanks! I'll buy some dollars and start selling crap to him for now then.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Wait, so selling counts as buying. Ok. Thanks! I'll buy some dollars and start selling crap to him for now then.

Yea, it's more of a "money tranferred between you" than money actually spent.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

How do you know what a dollar is? You're not in America and not everyone had exposure with physical currency.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

How do you know what a dollar is? You're not in America and not everyone had exposure with physical currency.

What is this post?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

ChesterJT posted:

What is this post?

Ragnar said something dumb upthread and some people just can't seem to let it go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?
I haven't really done the math on Peacekeeper spend this wipe, but last wipe I did several examples of various items and for anything that any different vendor (other than fence) would buy it always made more sense to sell items to the other vendor and then just buy USD from Peacekeeper with the RUB you get back.

Here's an example from right now that demonstrates it. Currently it's 118RUB to buy 1USD from Peacekeeper:
Peacekeeper will buy a heavy trooper mask for 256USD. 118RUB x 256USD = 30,208RUB. You get 256 USD of Peacekeeper spend.

Ragman will buy the trooper for 37,820RUB. 37,820RUB/118 = 320USD. You get 37.8k RUB spend on ragman plus 320 USD spend on Peacekeeper.

Heck, Skier will buy the trooper mask for 29,890 and he's typically a harder one to make early spend on for me so I'd rather get 29.9k of skier spend and 253 USD than just selling to Peacekeeper for the extra 3USD.

Just call me Mr. Min-max :D