Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Darchangel posted:

Holy poo poo.
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/north-hollywood-1982-peterbilt-rare/7567321617.html

While not the hero's truck, that's Jetto's (played by mad Aussie Jacko) truck from the TV series The Highwayman.
Runs and drives, the seller says.

edit: only $65K

quote:

can make over $100K year on production/movie rentals
Yeah sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

slidebite posted:

Yeah sure.

It looks like that because it's had a hard life doing all of those movies, you know? Current owner decided he was too rich from doing all the movies and so is getting rid of it.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
I've been creeping Denver Marketplace because I'm moving there in ~6 months (from overseas) and trying to get an idea of the market. That's the only reason I'm not slam-purchasing this 60's American postal tuk-tuk despite having only basic mechanical skills:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Ethics_Gradient posted:

I've been creeping Denver Marketplace because I'm moving there in ~6 months (from overseas) and trying to get an idea of the market. That's the only reason I'm not slam-purchasing this 60's American postal tuk-tuk despite having only basic mechanical skills:

I'll stash it in my backyard.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
I wanted to learn more about that thing and geez, that guy is high. Maybe $250.

I found this one ready to go for $1525
https://www.2040-motos.com/Other/Other/westcoast-mailster-1964-11485/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-gerstenlager-camelot-cruiser/

I don't think you could get much more 70s.

e:

Itzena fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 28, 2022

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Ok now I wish I was a millionaire because I would pay anything to have that machine.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That thing sold at a regular auction for $42k last year. BaT is ridiculous.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I have questions, so many questions...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/691017035889667/

Q_res fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 29, 2022

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I have none. Only praise.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

for posterity

You're gonna LOVE my project car answer in the sheep game.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Powershift posted:

That thing sold at a regular auction for $42k last year. BaT is ridiculous.

Things are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. I imagine whoever is bidding six figures on it now, was not present at the previous auction

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/st-albert/toyota-dually-4x4-trade/1645770568

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Powershift posted:

for posterity

You're gonna LOVE my project car answer in the sheep game.

If the mustang in Tokyo Drift was the transformers, this would be the gobots

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I love seeing ratty rare cars at auctions.

one of 392 for the year, one of 2,188 ever built XLR-V. Dirty as hell, scrapes on every corner, CEL. Someone just absolutely did not give a gently caress.

https://www.manheimedmonton.com/automotive-recreational-sales/details/cars/2023-01-14/2008-cadillac-xlr-150008/

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I'd like to know what the story is.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

I'd like to know what the story is.

If i had to guess, someone inherited it and didn't give a poo poo what it was until they broke that $3.000 headlight.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Those are incredibly expensive turds with no redeeming factors other than rarity. Doesn't make sense for anyone to buy unless you're Jay Leno or similar collector

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

At least it got driven. 78K miles isn't a lot over 15 years, but it's not been a garage queen.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Colostomy Bag posted:

And flogged to hell by the salespeople.

When I worked for a Mazda dealership one of the old guys that worked there forever told me stories about salesmen flogging the FD when it first came out and wrapping one around a telephone pole totaling it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darchangel posted:

At least it got driven. 78K miles isn't a lot over 15 years, but it's not been a garage queen.

Mileage readings are always sketch when the odo is in miles, and the reading is in kms, but if the carfax is accurate it did 73,833kms up to april 2021, then did 51,810kms since

Nitrox posted:

Those are incredibly expensive turds with no redeeming factors other than rarity. Doesn't make sense for anyone to buy unless you're Jay Leno or similar collector

Bad cars need love too.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

When I worked for a Mazda dealership one of the old guys that worked there forever told me stories about salesmen flogging the FD when it first came out and wrapping one around a telephone pole totaling it.

There's a video going around the last few days of a mechanic totalling a freshly restored MK4 Supra.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/mk4-toyota-supra-violently-rolled-reportedly-during-test-drive

Powershift fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 11, 2023

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Powershift posted:

Bad cars need love too.

I mean, look at how revered '80s economy penalty boxes are revered now simply for surviving.

quote:

There's a video going around the last few days of a mechanic totalling a freshly restored MK4 Supra.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/mk4-toyota-supra-violently-rolled-reportedly-during-test-drive

Oh, that's just sad.
And a really bad day for that mechanic.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
dont drive like poo poo in public in uncontrolled space.

dude deserves to get fired and fix or replace the car.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Wasn't even wearing his seatbelt. :lol: Absolute moron.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Imagine the owner's reaction when he found out what happened to his rare and expensive car. He must have either been sick or enraged wanting to kill someone or both.

At least with my FD story no one owned the cars yet so the dealership had to eat it :v:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Imagine the owner's reaction when he found out what happened to his rare and expensive car. He must have either been sick or enraged wanting to kill someone or both.

At least with my FD story no one owned the cars yet so the dealership had to eat it :v:

I really hope he had it appraised; it looked hella modified and insurance doesn't like paying for that stuff

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Door Frame posted:

I really hope he had it appraised; it looked hella modified and insurance doesn't like paying for that stuff

Shop will be on the hook for it too.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Midjack posted:

Shop will be on the hook for it too.

No, their insurance will. After a lengthy lawsuit and possibly a court battle

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
This isn't even Craigslist. This ia an Auto Trader ad from an actual Dealership.

Can you see any problems with this? :thunk:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

AirRaid posted:

This isn't even Craigslist. This ia an Auto Trader ad from an actual Dealership.

Can you see any problems with this? :thunk:

You don’t like the new Merc redesign?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

The very rare Benz XE

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
It looks so goddamn loving generic, I have to zoom in to see it's not actually a Mercedes, ugh

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Literally the best picture the guy took:

quote:

No rust and kept under cover, a great candidate to finish off and have something rarer and more interesting than a BMW Isetta

Not the Urkel car :colbert:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Not gonna lie, would love that.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

90's nostalgia is starting to get real in the classic car market, here's a restored Volvo wagon for €60K in Finland:

https://www.autotalli.com/vaihtoauto/38939207/Volvo/850/1995/Turku?pos=0&page=1&searchType=usedCar

quote:

This T-5R is probably the finest specimen in Sweden and at the same time in the world. The car has been Bilsport magazine's project car in 2014-2015 and the entire project has been documented in several issues of Bilsport magazine. The project name is 'Rädda en T-gul'. Bilsport searched for a long time for a great individual with the help of mechanic Tomasin 'Gullabo' Jansson. Jansson took the whole car apart and rebuilt it using new parts or old parts from the previous ones. New to the car, among others: Changing the wheel hubs and ABS brakes, shock absorbers and springs, changing the exhaust system, bumper accessories, AC, front parts and turbocharger. Car painting and lacquer with the original color by professionals. All glasses removed and renewed. New rubber seals and lighting. New tires and rims refurbished. New undersealing. Brakes serviced, etc.
The car has not been driven since then. The car has air conditioning, Alcantara / leather upholstery, memory seats, sunroof, etc. Original service book and user manual available. Only 526 yellow T5R wagons with manual transmission have been produced.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
90s nostalgia has been real for a while now. A nice SW20 MR2 is $30k these days. Don't even look at Supras.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Or Hiluxes or Land Cruises or 4Runners or....

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Or Hiluxes or Land Cruises or 4Runners or....

I bet someone could do okay bringing those to the US. :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Network42 posted:

90s nostalgia has been real for a while now. A nice SW20 MR2 is $30k these days. Don't even look at Supras.

We got to talking about RS200s somewhere recently and i looked into it and they're around $200k with 10,000 miles which seemed downright reasonable considering a Supra or Skyline would cost more with that mileage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Repeat, struts not installed