Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

I mean this is the absolute closest I can ever come to relating to the golden boy QB who had everything in the world handed to him because he was very good at a sport.

We're all the same at Waffle House.

Anthony Bourdain ate and filmed at *the* Waffle House of my young adulthood. It is the true equalizer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I don’t know how many times I’ve eaten at Waffle House. Hundreds for sure.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The Big Jesus posted:

I don’t know how many times I’ve eaten at Waffle House. Hundreds for sure.

Covered/Chunked/Topped

Alternatively 3 scrambled eggs w cheese, raisin toast and cheese grits.

Also Bojangles is an acceptable hangover breakfast substitute.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

LeeMajors posted:

Covered/Chunked/Topped

Alternatively 3 scrambled eggs w cheese, raisin toast and cheese grits.

Also Bojangles is an acceptable hangover breakfast substitute.

One of the worst things that's happened to me that they put a new Bojangles like three minutes from my place, and I've definitely taken advantage

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I learned a fairly gross wildlife fact today that I'll spoiler for you:

Killed a 7 point buck, it was ok size at 140 lbs but had a very nice wide rack. I only have one set of horns mounted, so I decided to keep the skull for a European skull mount- basically, just the top of the skull and horns. This meant skinning it and taking off the lower jaw, which are steps you don't normally take when you're not keeping anything for a trophy. If you're just taking meat, you cut the head off and it goes in the gut pile.

So I took this bucks's lower jaw off, and inside its sinus cavity, it was riddled with live maggots.

My first thought was some kind of abcess in its teeth, but none existed. We still hung the meat in the walk-in cooler, but I was leery of keeping it. I did some googling and apparently, it's a fairly common thing that I have never ever seen before; botflies lay eggs in the deer's sinus cavities and they grow in their sinuses, sometimes even reproducing so much the deer suffocates.

Every source swears up and down it does not affect the meat at all.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
:barf:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

We are also all the same when botflies lay eggs in our sinuses.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

GD_American posted:

I learned a fairly gross wildlife fact today that I'll spoiler for you:

Killed a 7 point buck, it was ok size at 140 lbs but had a very nice wide rack. I only have one set of horns mounted, so I decided to keep the skull for a European skull mount- basically, just the top of the skull and horns. This meant skinning it and taking off the lower jaw, which are steps you don't normally take when you're not keeping anything for a trophy. If you're just taking meat, you cut the head off and it goes in the gut pile.

So I took this bucks's lower jaw off, and inside its sinus cavity, it was riddled with live maggots.

My first thought was some kind of abcess in its teeth, but none existed. We still hung the meat in the walk-in cooler, but I was leery of keeping it. I did some googling and apparently, it's a fairly common thing that I have never ever seen before; botflies lay eggs in the deer's sinus cavities and they grow in their sinuses, sometimes even reproducing so much the deer suffocates.

Every source swears up and down it does not affect the meat at all.

Oh deer.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/gojoshow/status/1614833292272074752?s=46&t=pM_xYMF7Xbe00ZbFu5G4Xg

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Judging from how I've seen some co-workers come in on Monday mornings, seems accurate. Makes me glad I got sober fourteen years ago.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

don't forget the iv

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Roundabout chat:

We came up to a roundabout that’s been there for at least a decade, and they’ve been in use/common in our area for longer, and some guy was reversing down the road towards me against the flow of traffic, stopped, hung out for a second, then gassed it and turned left onto the roundabout and made it 1/4 of the way around before going “hmm…no that doesn’t seem right…” and stopping. By that time I was through and gone, but unless they got their driver’s license ten minutes beforehand, how do you not know how to use one THAT badly

Waffle House chat: In honor of the last round of Waffle House chat I made my own version of pecan waffles for breakfast the other week and it was great

E:

Timby posted:

Judging from how I've seen some co-workers come in on Monday mornings, seems accurate. Makes me glad I got sober fourteen years ago.

I’ve been spending a lot more of my time and weekends with the girlfriend (yay!) and we don’t really drink a lot together (also yay!) but the last couple of weekends I’ve made time to hang out with friends which involved drinking and whew, some of these mornings have been rough after taking some drinking time off

T-Square fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 16, 2023

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Maggots in deer sinuses seem as fun to look at as ticks in the same spot.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

T-Square posted:

I’ve been spending a lot more of my time and weekends with the girlfriend (yay!) and we don’t really drink a lot together (also yay!) but the last couple of weekends I’ve made time to hang out with friends which involved drinking and whew, some of these mornings have been rough after taking some drinking time off

I had four beers over the course of like six hours on Saturday, which is the most I’ve had in months. My stomach was not prepared.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Last of us is pretty good but

Feels like Joel has his balls clipped. Every second scene he's getting corrected, brow beaten or told what to do by seemingly everyone. Seems a weird choice.

Worth following anyway.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Its Rinaldo posted:

:hmmyes:

Make an omlet with rice and kimchi inside. Pro more
Instead I tried an “omurice” with kimchi and cauliflower rice mixed together and my sad sad omelette.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

CannonFodder posted:

Instead I tried an “omurice” with kimchi and cauliflower rice mixed together and my sad sad omelette.

that actually looks like a happy omuretto :3:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I only know of omurice from Terrace House, which I miss dearly.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

drat forgot to take a pic but roasted some potato wedges at 500 in a skillet then threw scrambled egg and cheddar on top with a few blasts of jalapeño sauce. Was good but heavy and now I wanna nap at 930 in the morning.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Anyone else off today? I woke up to a holiday with a sore throat ☹️

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Went to the fair yesterday and ate a tremendous amount of food. Also bought a bunch of ghost pepper stuff, including a key lime hot sauce that was amazing on eggs this morning.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Yeah I'm off today. Our dryer broke so I'm having to bring wet laundry down to my in law's house to dry and I'm also dismantling all the Christmas stuff in my house. So you know, just a relaxing day off.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

My wife is off and I'm not, so I'm a little grumpy about that.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I am. Finally painting the baby's room today, get that little fucker out of ours.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Yes and same :mad: well not sore, but definitely off. Time to play video games all day!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
We're off and only leaving Detroit an hour and a half late for five plus hours of driving.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I make my own hours but I do need to go to work todays

Totally not in the mood as my back still hurts, woke up late, and I have an evening meetup with friends for a crab boil dinner (no MNF wings tonight, goons).

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I've had the last two weeks off due to tending to my wife after her ACL surgery. I am not looking forward to going back to work Wednesday

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Braksgirl posted:

Yeah I'm off today. Our dryer broke so I'm having to bring wet laundry down to my in law's house to dry and I'm also dismantling all the Christmas stuff in my house. So you know, just a relaxing day off.

D'oh. Hope your dryer situation gets fixed soon.

I'll probably take down the outside lights this weekend but it feels like sacrilege to do it before we've had a proper snowstorm. Indoor, upstairs decorations will be next weekend. Then the stuff in the basement whenever I get around to it. Christmas doesn't exactly end in this house it just kinda recedes like the tide. There's a tree in the workshop/storage room that just stays out all year though I don't turn it on.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Happy MLK day

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

seiferguy posted:

Happy MLK day

https://twitter.com/ConnorNewcomb_/status/1615028179223052296
https://twitter.com/ConnorNewcomb_/status/1615047036944158725

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

D'oh. Hope your dryer situation gets fixed soon.

Just bought a new Speed Queen dryer (DR5003WE) from Greentoe. More than what Costco is but from what everything I read, these are built to last like commercial dryers and that's exactly what I want. Plain dials, set it and forget it.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Having a 3 day weekend is nice, was able to spend Saturday and Sunday cleaning, and still a day to bask in a clean house.

In sort of a catch-22 situation with my 14 year old dog, where she should probably get to the vet at some point since her health is slowly declining, but she has enough pep where you cannot comfortably commit to getting her euthanized. She had bloodwork as a prerequisite for a teeth cleaning, and they said she was not healthy enough to get anesthesia due to liver issues, with a thought that she might have liver cancer and they wanted to give her an MRI and do a bunch more bloodwork to confirm that diagnosis. We declined, because even if she had cancer we were not going to put a 14 year old dog through chemo/surgery. It feels like she is too healthy to put down, but not healthy enough to try and fix anything. I am assuming whenever the next vet appointment is will be the last one, but it feels so ... discretionary, like we get to choose when we get rid of her.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 16, 2023

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

General Dog posted:

I only know of omurice from Terrace House, which I miss dearly.

It fully went rear end-out in its death though. RIP Hana.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Pain of Mind posted:

Having a 3 day weekend is nice, was able to spend Saturday and Sunday cleaning, and still a day to bask in a clean house.

In sort of a catch-22 situation with my 14 year old dog, where she should probably get to the vet at some point since her health is slowly declining, but she has enough pep where you cannot comfortably commit to getting her euthanized. She had bloodwork as a prerequisite for a teeth cleaning, and they said she was not healthy enough to get anesthesia due to liver issues, with a thought that she might have liver cancer and they wanted to give her an MRI and do a bunch more bloodwork to confirm that diagnosis. We declined, because even if she had cancer we were not going to put a 14 year old dog through chemo/surgery. It feels like she is too healthy to put down, but not healthy enough to try and fix anything. I am assuming whenever the next vet appointment is will be the last one, but it feels so ... discretionary, like we get to choose when we get rid of her.

This is almost exactly me with my 17 year old cat. Went to the vet in November and they did an x-ray and found a mass in her lung. They said it's 90% certain it's cancer. I declined to do a biopsy or do more treatment since my cat is old, and they said treatment usually only extends the cat's life by a few months. She seems generally fine, still eating, still meowing, but I can tell she's not eating as much, and is really slowing down. The amount of time she spends resting is even higher than normal. I have a feeling she's going to seem fine until all of a sudden she won't be and then I'll have to make the call.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

That's god tier question avoidance.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Desperately lobbying congress to come up with a bunch of new holidays so I always have an excuse to deflect a question.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

Desperately lobbying congress to come up with a bunch of new holidays so I always have an excuse to deflect a question.

Welcome to National Butter Burger day (I just made this up)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNDJrihWknI

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Samadhi posted:

Welcome to National Butter Burger day (I just made this up)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNDJrihWknI

My reflexive mental balking at that amount of butter is why whenever I make Indian food it never tastes as good as a restaurant. I know adding a stick of butter per serving of curry will make it taste great, but when I see it in-front of me my brain screams that it is way too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pain of Mind posted:

My reflexive mental balking at that amount of butter is why whenever I make Indian food it never tastes as good as a restaurant. I know adding a stick of butter per serving of curry will make it taste great, but when I see it in-front of me my brain screams that it is way too much.

you need to turn it into ghee first