Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

The sleepy gun vampire has a point this was 30 minutes ago

death cob for cutie posted:

hello I just woke up and am an active participant in this here game of maf-i-yay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

saladscooper posted:

decent point actually, has maer posted anything at all besides that vote? i guess it's still pretty early in the morning for her but still

I am kind of confused that Maer is voting merk, yeah.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

b-minus1 posted:

TIL this setup has survivors

This changes everything

And suddenly I'm having horrible flashbacks to the game where half my scumteam didn't bother reading their roles...

You had a jugg, Grandi! A jugg!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

PsychoSoldier posted:

Once you get caught up, lemme get your read on me

why is it you want my read on you and not like, anyone you suspect

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Green Wing posted:

dogg when I say "I just woke up" I mean I rolled over, grabbed my phone, saw the game started and posted

how the gently caress are you all so active at nine thirty on the morning

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
In this set up you're post first or last

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

why is it you want my read on you and not like, anyone you suspect

Because I was the hot topic of the hour

But I'll take all reads

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Cloacamaxing, where are your reads right now, no matter how basic or unsure? At least, what do you make of me and the people voting me?

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

dogg when I say "I just woke up" I mean I rolled over, grabbed my phone, saw the game started and posted

how the gently caress are you all so active at nine thirty on the morning

I live in a strange, far off land, where time has no meaning and it is already close to the end of the working day. Scientists say that we may soon be able to travel between our two lands, but not within our lifetimes.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

PsychoSoldier posted:

Because I was the hot topic of the hour

But I'll take all reads

my read on you is: firmly apathetic

do not demand my attention again lest you find it more than you can bear, human

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bifauxnen posted:

Aw man that woulda been nice though. If he's not it's prolly merk and that'll be a pain in the rear end

I have three posts, and my read on psycho is based on one post. What is this fake read?

Yata
Dec 8, 2022
You don't have to go easy on me just because it's my first game.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Voodoofly posted:

Audience Participation for Day 1: One player picked by the audience will receive a bonus item pick. If the same player is the first vote or hammer they will then get two items to use night 1.

I will try to be more entertaining! :ohdear:

Yata posted:

You don't have to go easy on me just because it's my first game.

Oh sure I was just saying, let's not turbo you. Who do you think is scum, then?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

PsychoSoldier posted:

Cloacamaxing, where are your reads right now, no matter how basic or unsure? At least, what do you make of me and the people voting me?

Well, AN's vote is pretty bad obviously, what with the "I am jokevoting, but also maybe not" vibe.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I really wanna be like lol this is joke phase whatever but this vote is really pinging me

##vote psychos

Although that merk vote is pretty bad too. The rest doesn't seem bad, Bif's probably joking and the others raise a decent point.

What with everybody trying to get the first vote in on some rando, I'm not looking to much at where votes are going for now. Didn't expect someone to reach half the required votes for lunch that fast, but I don't think it's necessarily a sign of scum interfering.

Also,

PsychoSoldier posted:

Vote me harder uwu

Say that again and I promise I will vig you with all the vigs I can get.

Yata
Dec 8, 2022

Green Wing posted:

Oh sure I was just saying, let's not turbo you. Who do you think is scum, then?

I need to reread all the posts after I finish studying and make some notes before being an armchair psychologist but I have my eyes on Tired and bifauxnen. It's hard to judge the quiet people, though (that includes me, I guess.).

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I like Psycho's vibe and it screams town to me, those voting him I'm side eyeing. Maybe because it reminds me of how I read people, but he's making calls/putting out feelers and seeing people balk at that is curious.

Cloacamazing! posted:

I am kind of confused that Maer is voting merk, yeah.

I misunderstood the "first" part of the rules and that was the first vote of the game/day, I thought it would give me an item.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
As for other reads, the posts that stand out for me right now are:

Maerlyn posted:

##vote merk

Pretty sure Maerlyn is in the "merk doesn't play often, so let's not lunch him D1" camp. At the very least, she was saying that in Cookfia.

saladscooper posted:

this is like, only 50% a jokevote honestly, the way they jumped on psycho's vote is rubbing me the wrong way

Similar to AN, we have another specimen of "I'm only joking BUT".

Tired Moritz posted:

Actually, I'm gonna prod someone

##vote Death cob

Not really a fan of that post, prodding someone right after they wander into the thread.

Green Wing posted:

And certainly not a fan of that post. GW, are you continuing your scummy streak? This is a safe place, you can tell us. It's not safe.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

my read on you is: firmly apathetic

do not demand my attention again lest you find it more than you can bear, human

It wasn't a demand, but I'll bear all you can give me

How about reads on other people?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Maerlyn posted:

I like Psycho's vibe and it screams town to me, those voting him I'm side eyeing. Maybe because it reminds me of how I read people, but he's making calls/putting out feelers and seeing people balk at that is curious.

I misunderstood the "first" part of the rules and that was the first vote of the game/day, I thought it would give me an item.

Okay, but why merk? I realize "Cloacamazing!" takes significantly longer to type and Yata has newbie-turbo-immunity, but still.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Cloacamazing! posted:

Well, AN's vote is pretty bad obviously, what with the "I am jokevoting, but also maybe not" vibe.

Although that merk vote is pretty bad too. The rest doesn't seem bad, Bif's probably joking and the others raise a decent point.

What with everybody trying to get the first vote in on some rando, I'm not looking to much at where votes are going for now. Didn't expect someone to reach half the required votes for lunch that fast, but I don't think it's necessarily a sign of scum interfering.

Also,

Say that again and I promise I will vig you with all the vigs I can get.

If I'm not mistaken, Anon wasn't saying their vote was a joke. I think they was saying that they could give my vote a pass because it's joke vote phase, but it gave them bad vibes regardless. Which actually makes me like their vote the most because they prodded at something they didn't like early on.

I have the same feel about Tired voting Death cob just because they didn't have the best entrance and follow-up, so I can see them wanting to figure out what's up there.

I also liked salad's vote tbh because it felt less like trying to soften the blow of the vote and more affirming that it's more of a real vote.

PsychoSoldier fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 16, 2023

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
AN is they/them. Sorry for harping on it, but it keeps happening and I know they hate being called anything else.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Cloacamazing! posted:

AN is they/them. Sorry for harping on it, but it keeps happening and I know they hate being called anything else.

No, I appreciate it. I didn't know which is why I was kind of fluctuating.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Cloacamazing! posted:

Okay, but why merk? I realize "Cloacamazing!" takes significantly longer to type and Yata has newbie-turbo-immunity, but still.

First name that came to mind, if you really want to check that I'm telling the truth look at the announcement that day had started and when I voted merk, should be almost instantly.

I thought being first mattered, not being first on the execution.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

PsychoSoldier posted:

It wasn't a demand, but I'll bear all you can give me

How about reads on other people?

watch this space for further reads as time progresses and information accumulates

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Any gut pings at least?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

binus is oddly engaged and idk if that's because the setup is interesting or if it's because he's holding something neat

that's less a ping and more an observation but

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

PsychoSoldier posted:

No, I appreciate it. I didn't know which is why I was kind of fluctuating.

Mods will let you edit to correct pronouns (I asked if it was OK)

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Voodoofly posted:

RULES AND OTHER THINGS

Standard Mafia Rules:
  • Try not to edit posts, but if you are doing an edit that doesn’t affect the game but you feel is warranted go for it. If you are trying to cheat at mafia I’d say you are thinking about mafia wrong.

Rule addendum. We all make mistakes we want to correct. Don’t abuse this but definitely feel free to edit any non game related mistakes (pronouns, not thanking me profusely enough, not saying how awesome Shell is, etc)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Oh you already did, sheesh

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote toal

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

I have three posts, and my read on psycho is based on one post. What is this fake read?

Howdy neighbour, welcome back

##vote merk

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Cloacamazing! posted:

Although that merk vote is pretty bad too. The rest doesn't seem bad, Bif's probably joking and the others raise a decent point

What? My vote on Psycho was hardly certain, but it wasn't a joke. My vote on binus that Psycho said he liked though, that was 100% joke.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

All right, so it looks to me as if only two players are gonna get roles by voting, and the likelihood that one of them will be me is slight. Slim. Vaporous, even.

Therefore:

Elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist
Waves to spechat, blows a kiss

Also profuse thanks for Voodoo and Shell!

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Or everybody could hop on the Tired Moritz wagon! That was a real vote, I can't explain it, I got a vibe.

*Blatantly trying to land one of those sweet sweet masonizer roles*

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Rhymes With Clue posted:

All right, so it looks to me as if only two players are gonna get roles by voting, and the likelihood that one of them will be me is slight. Slim. Vaporous, even.

Therefore:

Elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist
Waves to spechat, blows a kiss

Also profuse thanks for Voodoo and Shell!

whatcha doin

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Charming the observers with a float wave and a kiss! Anyway trying.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Spectators today get to vote on the person that they want to get an extra item pick.

I don't like those posts though, something about coming in and dropping those two posts only as the rwc content - to me it looks like somebody saying 'crumbs, I need to post something sharpish!'

and nobody has voted for rwc so, going to plant myself here before I turn into a pumpkin tonight

##vote Rhymes With Clue

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Green Wing posted:

Spectators today get to vote on the person that they want to get an extra item pick.

I don't like those posts though, something about coming in and dropping those two posts only as the rwc content - to me it looks like somebody saying 'crumbs, I need to post something sharpish!'

and nobody has voted for rwc so, going to plant myself here before I turn into a pumpkin tonight

[B] ##vote Rhymes With Clue[b]

Oh goodie, I was feeling left out. Usually there's a whole wagon on me by this time, and then everybody take a burrito break.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

PsychoSoldier posted:

Actually, up on further review

##vote Illusionis

This one especially can get got. Major floatage.

Don't you know it's terribly rude to comment on a persons buoyancy:nono:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Psychos read my post correctly, thanks for explaining it for me, bud! Still leaving my vote there though ❤️

(ie my vote on psychos was not a joke vote. It was a "ugh its too early to have real votes but this actually is scummy imo")