Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Sagebrush posted:

it's problematic.

it's problematic if the writer makes it problematic. as a metaphor for, say, capital, this:

Sagebrush posted:

ones who look like you but are mindless violent animals, who want to violate your family members and make them impure and turn them into more of the inferiors, and there's no hope of reconciliation or cure and the only thing you can do is kill them all before they kill you.

both fits perfectly and is fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Chris Knight posted:

saw a reco for "All The Colors Of Giallo" on twitter a while back and was trying to find a place to watch, and found it last night!
https://tubitv.com/movies/496155/all-the-colors-of-giallo

thats a good docu, lots of good recommendations in it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Chris Knight posted:

saw a reco for "All The Colors Of Giallo" on twitter a while back and was trying to find a place to watch, and found it last night!
https://tubitv.com/movies/496155/all-the-colors-of-giallo

what the gently caress? yellow is like one colour

shades of giallo, sure, but come on now

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Kenny Logins posted:

the thing is, zombie media has never been cheaper to film (low-paid extras, low ceiling for makeup, cg blood) and that will always be a huge driver

this is probably the main component instead of some "clever" social commentary, that's true. i don't think that's a good thing though, being able to do unexpected things on a slim budget is way more creative than "well, let's do zombies, i guess. people love zombies right? zombies!!!"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

mystes posted:

I thought this had kind of peaked when the book Pride and Prejudice and Zombies came out in 2009 but I guess I was extremely wrong

also yeah, i've felt like they were played out for a really, really long time now but there's always more. always

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
idk i feel like wolfmans and mummies have been underrepresented

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
after the last mummy movie I'm not surprised

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

and would it kill you to thrown in a frankenstein or two?

mystes
May 31, 2006

rotor posted:

and would it kill you to thrown in a frankenstein or two?
I think mad scientists are still pretty well represented

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Kenny Logins posted:

a huge driver

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Nfcknblvbl posted:

give ‘em the ‘ol dick twist

lmao reminded me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKeyiuXQQ3o

granpep in the blue jersey can't get enough of this poo poo!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

that guy deserved the 'powerful two-hander' username :eyepop:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

idk i feel like wolfmans and mummies have been underrepresented
wolfmans alpha

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I'm surprised that we haven't developed a better method for killing wolfmen and draculae in the last 200 years. Why waste my time carving stakes out of juniper or hawthorn wood when I haven't tried a directed energy weapon or rifle grenades?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
now i wanna play a wario game with vampires

mystes
May 31, 2006

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I'm surprised that we haven't developed a better method for killing wolfmen and draculae in the last 200 years. Why waste my time carving stakes out of juniper or hawthorn wood when I haven't tried a directed energy weapon or rifle grenades?
It's just hard to satisfy the requirements of all the stakeholders.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mystes posted:

:yeah:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

a minigun firing silver bullets into wolfmen, or some kind of garlic nuke...

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
oh man
https://twitter.com/genrefilmaddict/status/1615235292289503232

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sweevo posted:

movie version of vampire survivors sounds good

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

mystes posted:

xD

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

mystes posted:

lol

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Sweevo posted:

some kind of garlic nuke...

dont post my dinner recipes

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i once made a recipe that included garlic, and at the time i didn't know what a "clove" of garlic was to i put in the entire bulb. everyone ate it and enjoyed it, but you could still smell it in the house two weeks later.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Sweevo posted:

i once made a recipe that included garlic, and at the time i didn't know what a "clove" of garlic was to i put in the entire bulb. everyone ate it and enjoyed it, but you could still smell it in the house two weeks later.

so your house smelled great for two weeks

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sweevo posted:

:yum:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Sweevo posted:

I bet you didn't get a lot of vampires during those two weeks

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i do not believe that there is a recipe for which one clove of garlic is the correct amount

no, making a recipe for 1.25 ounces of whatever doesn't count

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Achmed Jones posted:

i do not believe that there is a recipe for which one clove of garlic is the correct amount

it's just too much flavour!!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
huh. so that idiot who took a bite out of a whole onion wasn't lying

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Achmed Jones posted:

no, making a recipe for 1.25 ounces of whatever doesn't count

unless it's from a family member any recipe that has garlic I automatically double it then add more as called for

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

infernal machines posted:

huh. so that idiot who took a bite out of a whole onion wasn't lying

my grandpa used to tell a story about being given a whole white onion when he was in europe and eating it like an apple. apparently it was a very spicy onion, and it was the best thing he ever tasted. they also drank a lot of champagne in the tank because they found some bombed out wine cellar type deal and filled up the ol' sherman. that unsurprisingly ruined champagne for him for the rest of his life.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I bet the main problem with drinking bottles of champagne in your tank while on campaign is that you end up with bottles of piss in your tank while on campaign

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sweevo posted:

iirc the keanu reeves constantine movie had a scene where he wiped out an entire room of demons/vampires by having a priest bless the fire sprinkler system and then setting it off (thus spraying the monsters with high-velocity holy water)

thats some pretty good elevated thinking when it comes to bulk rate monster fighting

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Sweevo posted:

i do this all the time, but on purpose. Online recipies never call for enough garlic.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

FMguru posted:

iirc the keanu reeves constantine movie had a scene where he wiped out an entire room of demons/vampires by having a priest bless the fire sprinkler system and then setting it off (thus spraying the monsters with high-velocity holy water)

thats some pretty good elevated thinking when it comes to bulk rate monster fighting

i feel like that was Blade but idk

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

i feel like that was Blade but idk
blade was blood sprinklers

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kenny Logins posted:

blade was blood sprinklers

ohhhh right

rotor
Jun 11, 2001