Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Bugblatter posted:

I wish the story was true so I’m gonna pretend it is.

HAMMMM BA BAWILÄ CHAM BALALIM BÖM BÖÖLÖÖGILEM BIMBOLGIL BOLL BOLLA
BARA BO BU IMGEGIGÖÖÖL HAMMM GIGL GING GÄLÄNG GÜE ÖE ÜCH GÄO GELM HÄMMMM but on copper pipes and swords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

mike oldfield did it 50 years ago

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I knew Zimmer was Anime

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Da film is bussin

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Rewatched Part 1 with the gf on Sunday night.

We somehow got into an argument about the sand compactor. I mistakenly argued that the sand compactor and the thumper were the same device. She literally would not let it go. Fast forward to tonight: she comes over all pissy still arguing about it. Turned out she was right, they are different devices but they both look almost exactly the loving same.

I'm never going to hear the end of this

:suicide:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Rewatched Part 1 with the gf on Sunday night.

We somehow got into an argument about the sand compactor. I mistakenly argued that the sand compactor and the thumper were the same device. She literally would not let it go. Fast forward to tonight: she comes over all pissy still arguing about it. Turned out she was right, they are different devices but they both look almost exactly the loving same.

I'm never going to hear the end of this

:suicide:

They're completely different things. They're both vaguely cylindrical but they're shown to operate very differently

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
It is weird that Momoa gets that whole scene where he shows it to Paul and then it barely shows up again. I mean they use it, but there's no sense that they couldn't just have used a shovel and had a worse time.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Shanty posted:

It is weird that Momoa gets that whole scene where he shows it to Paul and then it barely shows up again. I mean they use it, but there's no sense that they couldn't just have used a shovel and had a worse time.

I think people intuitively know shoveling sand while you’re on sand doesn’t really work, especially if you’re buried.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It also is the first introduction that the Fremen are super technologically advanced

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Failed Imagineer posted:

They're completely different things. They're both vaguely cylindrical but they're shown to operate very differently

They look almost exactly the same. Is it really so hard to believe that they would use a single device with multiple purposes in the year 10,193?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

They look almost exactly the same. Is it really so hard to believe that they would use a single device with multiple purposes in the year 10,193?

It's not hard to believe at all, but in this case they're clearly different things with different modes of operation.

I'm also taking your side here in your weird lame argument with your missus

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Well one of them distorts gravitational fields and one of them just goes bump bump and then probably gets eaten by a sandworm. It's like having a combination designer necktie and toilet paper, they're both long and flat but you probably don't want to throw out your expensive tie every time you need to poo poo.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Well one of them distorts gravitational fields and one of them just goes bump bump and then probably gets eaten by a sandworm. It's like having a combination designer necktie and toilet paper, they're both long and flat but you probably don't want to throw out your expensive tie every time you need to poo poo.

gently caress.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Well this will be interesting to hear

https://twitter.com/PageSix/status/1615765237470199821

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

It happens, Ryan Gosling talks the way he does because he was trying to talk like Brando when he moved to Hollywood and it stuck. So I hope we get to see Timmy Chalamet do a Gilbert Gottfried biopic in the near future.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Cacator posted:

It happens, Ryan Gosling talks the way he does because he was trying to talk like Brando when he moved to Hollywood and it stuck. So I hope we get to see Timmy Chalamet do a Gilbert Gottfried biopic in the near future.

See also, Gary Oldman : the man who needs a dialect coach to go back to his native accent.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Mick Jagger, Sting, and now sort of Elvis. Can't wait for a Dune reboot in 2050 where the actor who plays Jungkook in a BTS biopic plays Feyd.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Xealot posted:

Mick Jagger, Sting, and now sort of Elvis. Can't wait for a Dune reboot in 2050 where the actor who plays Jungkook in a BTS biopic plays Feyd.

He's not 'sort of Elvis' any more than Taron Egerton is Elton John. Actors do not become the people they portray.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

well why not posted:

He's not 'sort of Elvis' any more than Taron Egerton is Elton John. Actors do not become the people they portray.

Incorrect.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

well why not posted:

Did you read the article about how he’s stuck in Elvis mode.

You know, the one that they were responding to.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Being 'stuck in Elvis mode' is not the same as being Elvis, or being 'sort of Elvis'.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

it's me, I'm the real Elvis

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

well why not posted:

Being 'stuck in Elvis mode' is not the same as being Elvis, or being 'sort of Elvis'.

Disagree.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

well why not posted:

What the gently caress does that even mean.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

can someone with access to one of those ai art generators give it the prompt "Feyd-Rautha from David Lynch's Dune played by Elvis"

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Xiahou Dun posted:

What the gently caress does that even mean.

Austin Butler is not Elvis, he is not "sort of Elvis", he is merely an actor who has played Elvis and adopted some of Elvis' mannerisms and speech patterns.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

well why not posted:

Austin Butler is not Elvis, he is not "sort of Elvis", he is merely an actor who has played Elvis and adopted some of Elvis' mannerisms and speech patterns.

Cool.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

well why not posted:

Actually they do. It’s insane that Ralph Fiennes has not been made to answer for his crimes against both Jews and Muggles.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

well why not posted:

he is merely an actor who has played Elvis and adopted some of Elvis' mannerisms and speech patterns.

I don't see any reason one can't call this sort of elvis

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Bugblatter posted:

Actually they do. It’s insane that Ralph Fiennes has not been made to answer for his crimes against both Jews and Muggles.

Doug Jones has had a hell of a life.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

well why not posted:

wait, are you saying he's not Literally Elvis? i've been loving lied to

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

well why not posted:

i disagree

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

well why not posted:

Prove it.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Austin Butler is Elvis. And I'm tired of pretending he's not

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Elvis never died. He just changed his name to Austin to hide the fact that he is an un-aging vampire.

So well why not is right. He’s not sort of Elvis. He literally is totally Elvis.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

More importantly, is Hayt really Duncan?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Of course not, he's a ghola you moron

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

well why not posted:

Goddamn, dude. I was just making a mildly hyperbolic point about how it’s strange that Feyd has evoked an overt association with a rock star for the third time.

Austin Butler is not literally Elvis Presley. Also, Dune isn’t literally shot on a desert planet? hosed up if true.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Xiahou Dun posted:

See also, Gary Oldman : the man who needs a dialect coach to go back to his native accent.

Arnold Schwarzenegger has been seeing a voice coach for decades to maintain his signature accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Xiahou Dun posted:

That's the rasta one, right?