Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
The scum team has arrived

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lol gdi

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

shwinnebego posted:

Oh my, the game is on!

Well I’m at y’all’s service then, lemme know if ya need anything.

Binus, dear, who’s scum?

##vote snooze this is a post hoc omgussy serving from last game

This omgussied hussy is clearly a wedding crasher. First game post and already demonstrating a willingness to avoid scum hunting.

Binus, dear, who’s scum?

FURTHERMORE, Binus comma dear comma who is scum?

Emphasis on the isolated dear, a flirtatious appeal to disrupt the ordinary channels of reason.

The who's scum question also implies that binus knows who they are or that he has some means by which he is capable of finding out who is scum. Is it a bus? A nod to his skill in recent games?

hambeet posted:

hmm ia is faking it imo

##vote idle idle idle

Oh? You rapscallion. You knave. Diiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee.

##vote hambeet

Get omgussied.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
In schwienerschnitzels defense, they spell "Y'all" the one true way. The heresey that is "Ya'll" brings me deep sorrow. Someone in their lineage must have had sense. Must be a Prae that I've not had the pleasure of meeting.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Oh my, mercy me, where are my manners?

##unvote
##vote hambone

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I would feel bad turboing anyone in this game since we all waited patiently for it to start

lol point your vote at someone and send them flying.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
The, "I've never had this role, I don't know what to do" remark is a curious one. Is it a song and dance? A carefully plotted ruse to mitigate suspicion semi-permanently early on... :goofy:

Or is it the objectively correct, town-aligned, move of claiming to prevent confusion from any potential town investigative roles.

A miller means a cop. A cop in an ecco game means... :tinfoil: ...someone's insane. It's a wedding, moat already told us one insane wedding story lol.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

there are probably two scum teams right, why wouldn't there be a sane cop

oh anarc what does it say you'll investigate as

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Idle Amalgam posted:

In schwienerschnitzels defense, they spell "Y'all" the one true way. The heresey that is "Ya'll" brings me deep sorrow. Someone in their lineage must have had sense. Must be a Prae that I've not had the pleasure of meeting.

People use ya’ll???

Yeah that’s a capital crime

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I have no interest in voting IA, probably for the entire game

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

Hal Insandenza posted:

People use ya’ll???

Yeah that’s a capital crime

I've seen it and I desperately wish to unsee it, but the damage has already been done

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Idle Amalgam posted:

The, "I've never had this role, I don't know what to do" remark is a curious one. Is it a song and dance? A carefully plotted ruse to mitigate suspicion semi-permanently early on... :goofy:

Or is it the objectively correct, town-aligned, move of claiming to prevent confusion from any potential town investigative roles.

A miller means a cop. A cop in an ecco game means... :tinfoil: ...someone's insane. It's a wedding, moat already told us one insane wedding story lol.

Who said that, I don't remember seeing the post but maybe I glossed over it

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

A basic miller isn't really that different from VT. How the gently caress has AN not ever played miller before though? ##vote AN because this feels like a good starting point for D1

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Why does everyone hate millers

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
They hoard all the grain

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

Why does everyone hate millers

I'd be fine with the claim if there weren't anything attached to it. Saying "I don't get how to play this" for someone who's almost certainly at least seen a miller in action before is ???

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

How tf did I miss this
Uhhh
This sucks, there's no point in wasting investigatives on ANarc cause if they're town they're telling the truth and if they're scum they're obviously lying but either way they'd show up as scum unless there's that type of cop that gets a false green on everyone I guess.
Idk how eccogames usually work but unless a cop wants to check their accuracy then there's no use in checking ANarc.
Not sure how I feel about this claim, cause as town it's optimal to claim early as a miller but as scum it's an easy cop-out (pun intended).

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I'd be fine with the claim if there weren't anything attached to it. Saying "I don't get how to play this" for someone who's almost certainly at least seen a miller in action before is ???

How much has ANarc played before? Like is there a chance they really don't know how millers work?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I know how millers work. I said I've never been one before. Full claiming out of the gate seems right to me (which is why I did it) but I would think it's a personal preference, not a given.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Pinterest Mom posted:

oh anarc what does it say you'll investigate as

SCUM

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.

WindwardAway posted:

How much has ANarc played before? Like is there a chance they really don't know how millers work?

Votefinder shows over a hundred games on record.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

saladscooper posted:

They hoard all the grain

I almost choked on my drink lol. Thank you.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Yeah, that's what's curious to me.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Anarc is confirmed town imo

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hi hello its me slord

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

b-minus1 posted:

Anarc is confirmed town imo

:cmon:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I don’t see anything wrong with the Miller claim

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
but to go as far as to say confirmed town?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Idle Amalgam posted:

but to go as far as to say confirmed town?

Granted you had truesight in office space... I'm okay with the claim for now as well.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
if you're confirmed town you get to wear a sash that reads "TOWN4REALZ" and overall it's a lovely little ceremony

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I know how millers work. I said I've never been one before. Full claiming out of the gate seems right to me (which is why I did it) but I would think it's a personal preference, not a given.

It used to be convention that if you were a miller you needed to claim in post one or deal with no one believing you later, I assume that is still true now

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Pinterest Mom posted:

why wouldn't there be a sane cop

A sane cop? in an ecco game? That'll be the day

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

A basic miller isn't really that different from VT. How the gently caress has AN not ever played miller before though? ##vote AN because this feels like a good starting point for D1

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I mean, I’ve been away from mafia for a while but played in a bunch of games before and I’ve never been a miller and I was under the impression that it wasn’t all that common at this point. This feels like you’re going in a little hard.

##unvote
##vote Meen

chaoslord posted:

A sane cop? in an ecco game? That'll be the day

For real. Cops in Ecco games are notoriously unreliable.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

millers are common cmon

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nah that aren’t very common at all any more, even cops are way less common than the old days.

We have all these fancy new roles now so the traditional ones have fallen away

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I agree that meen is pushing this a bit too much let’s ##vote meen

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh but I see "vote for the person who is getting us out of jokephase because playing mafia is suspicious" is something that never goes out of fashion

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Oh but I see "vote for the person who is getting us out of jokephase because playing mafia is suspicious" is something that never goes out of fashion

seriously. I accept people don't agree with me but c'mon

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

WindwardAway posted:

How tf did I miss this
Uhhh
This sucks, there's no point in wasting investigatives on ANarc cause if they're town they're telling the truth and if they're scum they're obviously lying but either way they'd show up as scum unless there's that type of cop that gets a false green on everyone I guess.
Idk how eccogames usually work but unless a cop wants to check their accuracy then there's no use in checking ANarc.
Not sure how I feel about this claim, cause as town it's optimal to claim early as a miller but as scum it's an easy cop-out (pun intended).

It's an incredibly average way to play Miller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
[quote="Hal Insandenza" post="529240176"]
Nah that aren’t very common at all any more, even cops are way less common than the old days.

I feel like they're common