Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

Chronojam posted:

Are people just not evading or something?

Unfortunately evade lancing hasn't been good for like two full gens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Now that my hunting buddy finally has a Switch as well, god help us both we're going back in time to play through MHGU.

How is adept hammer? Because dodge-bonking sounds absolutely divine.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Perfect Potato posted:

World Decos: oh you want ironwall and shield jewels? Mighty Bow???? lol. lmao. rofl

Also Iceborne letting you mass-produce decos, but then leaving Mighty Bow, Shield and several others off the list.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

World cares more about it's story and vibes than the player's time. If you value you're time more than Worlds immersion, World is is grating the longer you spend with it.

Also gently caress random deco rolls. 700+ hours on playstation and never got the last decos I needed for my great girros cosplay charge blade.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Pyromancer posted:

Also Iceborne letting you mass-produce decos, but then leaving Mighty Bow, Shield and several others off the list.

They added them into the melding pot at some point, and it’s a good place to dump for all those poisoncoat decos. Not nearly as much of a hassle anymore, granted a late change to the game.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I beat the gorgamasmatron (wth his name is) MR6 fight last night. I really don't like fighting monsters that big. It's never particularly hard--just boring. I just feel like I'm slapping a mountain with my sword. Half the fun for me in monhun is dodging and positioning to hit weak spots, but to reposition requires running around this huge rear end thing and by then he moves again so you might as well just slap whatever part of him is in front of you at the time. I feel like Fatalis is about as big a monster as I like that still feels like monhon and not some weird scripted bullshit. Even Ibushi and Narwa are better. At least it's only one fight.

I also fought Apex Rathalos a couple time for mats. I beat him, but he still kicked my rear end pretty hard. HR, but probably more difficult than the MR5 Rath. Plus he can roar through my earplugs 5. rear end in a top hat.

Then I beat the A1 bear thing. When do I open the ability to do afflicted stuff with my armor and weapons? The smithy mentioned it but I didn't see any options. Do I have to beat the afflicted monsters of the armor/weapons I'm using?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

smallmouth posted:

Then I beat the A1 bear thing. When do I open the ability to do afflicted stuff with my armor and weapons? The smithy mentioned it but I didn't see any options. Do I have to beat the afflicted monsters of the armor/weapons I'm using?

You have to go into the Qurio crafting menus at the blacksmith.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

There’s tiers to qurio which pop up every so many anomaly ranks. I think the last main one (skills+ armor rolling) is at… anomaly rank 121?

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Thanks. Apparently you have to finish an investigation before those options open.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

felgs posted:

World cares more about it's story and vibes than the player's time. If you value you're time more than Worlds immersion, World is is grating the longer you spend with it.

Also gently caress random deco rolls. 700+ hours on playstation and never got the last decos I needed for my great girros cosplay charge blade.

I cheated so much in PC World because deco grinding was boring and playing dress up was fun. The mod that increased drop rates was A+

Loved World but it really hated players.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1615891857946411010?t=CN4mVvx_U4aQuQn5zP8_MQ&s=19

These motherfuckers knew exactly what they were doing with this quest title, if you just got the quest from in-game and didn't see the tweet you'd assume the rewards were buff body armor

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Centzon Totochtin posted:

These motherfuckers knew exactly what they were doing with this quest title, if you just got the quest from in-game and didn't see the tweet you'd assume the rewards were buff body armor

That's what I immediately thought of when I saw the title. :(

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I'm trying Rise on gamepass and I want to rope some friends in to do multiplayer.

I tried to get a friend into co-op on World, but the asinine implementation that required a person to watch a cutscene or proceed through a mission alone until encountering the hunt target made him lose interest before we ever really got to play together.

Is Rise better about this at all?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Scoss posted:

Completely

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Did they ever bring the rocket sword to rise

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I played about 40 hours of rise on steam but will be starting over on Gamepass to play with some friends. I'm hoping the more streamlined nature of Rise will appeal to both of them and hold their attention longer than World did. Man I am so bad at this game every time I come back to it lol

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ZeusCannon posted:

Did they ever bring the rocket sword to rise

Nope - not even Nexusmods brought it over.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
forget about swords, where's my buff bod!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is the voice chat really bad for anyone else on the game pass version?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Scoss posted:

I'm trying Rise on gamepass and I want to rope some friends in to do multiplayer.

I tried to get a friend into co-op on World, but the asinine implementation that required a person to watch a cutscene or proceed through a mission alone until encountering the hunt target made him lose interest before we ever really got to play together.

You can ignore the village / single player stuff entirely and play with your friends immediately after character creation and do every hub quest together.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It took me 30 minutes to kill a Kulu-ya-ku with the starting sword and shield last night but I did it damnit. Is Arrekz still the place to go for weapon tutorial vids?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

explosivo posted:

It took me 30 minutes to kill a Kulu-ya-ku with the starting sword and shield last night but I did it damnit. Is Arrekz still the place to go for weapon tutorial vids?

His launch Rise content is really good, yes.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Your Computer posted:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

By any chance anyone here tried to play the Game Pass version on a Windows Steam Deck? It installed fine but booting the game stalls on compiling shaders. I left it running for over an hour and nothing.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Your Computer posted:

can’t get buff on a diet of dango. no meowscular chef no buff bod.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh boy, it's gamepass day! Time to experience the game in a whole new way (playing 100 more hours of lance, but this time with a blonde character)!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Huxley posted:

Oh boy, it's gamepass day! Time to experience the game in a whole new way (playing 100 more hours of lance, but this time with a blonde character)!

Yeah I'm trying to give something else a try for once but I know I'll gravitate back towards the lance eventually too :sweatdrop:

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
may I suggest putting a gun on your lance?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

may I suggest putting a gun on your lance?

I've actually never earnestly tried the gunlance before, maybe it is time...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Game pass is going to let me try other weapons again for a change so im thinking its bonk time

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, what the gently caress, gunlance owns actually

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

explosivo posted:

Welcome, brother

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

explosivo posted:

No! No!!!

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

explosivo posted:

Gunlance is sick as hell. Blastdash adds so much for drat mobility you'll never look back

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

you use the lance and the shield as weapons, so its dual blades technically in a way

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

All weapons are actually the switch axe, because you should switch to it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Switch Axe asks the questions what if Charge Blade was bad

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:wrong:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Happy Noodle Boy more like Wrong Noodle Boy!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm Switch Axe, and I am here to ask you one question, and one question only: