Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
Alright for my SUV replacement, I think I've narrowed down my choices to:

* Rav4 Hybrid
* CR-V Hybrid
* CX-5 and Outback are neck and neck. If I can't get the Rav4 or CR-V at MSRP I'll test drive these two and see what drives better. The prices are close enough where it shouldn't matter too much for me.

I hear the CX-5 engine is pretty mature and reliable, and I've heard Subarus have had a littered headgasket failure history, so maybe the Mazda will be the winner.

I'm really, really going to miss having the big Pilot though. We went to the snow so many times and it helped us huge on a recent move we did. I didn't even have to rent a truck, I literally just threw things into the trunk and mattresses on the top. I don't need such a big car on an on-going basis though, so it makes sense for us to downsize a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Buddykins posted:

would an extra 1000$ make a difference? I got a 2006 kia spectra for 2000$ back during lockdown and that lasted me about a year before it crapped out on me on a freeway. It might not have, if I ever took it to a mechanic to check and see if it had any issues about to pop up. I made the mistake and learned from it though, and I really liked that car.

But what the hell happened to the Kia in the end, less than three years ago? Or did you not have the funds for repair at the time? The fact that it stopped working at one point in time tells us nothing about the repair costs or diagnosis.

A working 2006 Kia Spectra has a national "fair purchase price" from KBB centered at $3,406 today. https://www.kbb.com/kia/spectra/2006/ex-sedan-4d/

I suppose I may be acting too brash here. It's been a minute since I owned a car in this value range, and maybe it is easier than I think for a run-of-the-mill failure to cost much more than the vehicle to repair.

For example if the Kia needed a new engine or transmission, then sure, understandable. A used engine or transmission from a junkyard including replacement labor cost may be substantially lower than another vehicle though.

Buddykins posted:

I wonder if it had to do with the deep freeze we had here in texas around the time. My car was left out and loving frozen

Negative ghostrider. Occam's razor here says severe lack of maintenance. Sounds like you possibly never had it inspected by a mechanic and it had lots of issues that were never addressed. Not at all saying you made a terrible mistake or something tons of other people don't do, to be clear! Just because PO had receipts doesn't mean the car wasn't a disaster if you looked at it on a lift. Lots of folks pick and choose what they want a mechanic to repair and leave expensive gasket-blowing issues for the next owner. Then again sometimes it’s truly random, and I’m not saying it wasn’t for you.

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 20, 2023

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

as far as i can remember, it blew a gasket and the radiator was cracked or something like that. Also someone stole my catalytic converter lol i was living in the city at the time and a lot of people were stealing those loving things. I thought my car just ended up sounded cool and loud for no reason. I was stupid.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I did get really fortunate with that car though - bought it from this girl that kept up with it and took care of it and had all the receipts from the mechanic and everything of what she fixed and recently replaced.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I wonder if it had to do with the deep freeze we had here in texas around the time. My car was left out and loving frozen

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Buddykins posted:

Nobody who knows how cars work knows what this means. Cars can be "frozen" just fine. Mine just was overnight and I've been driving it all day. It's totally fine.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I know nothing about cars.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

You are a character that's for sure. Do some googling! Information is the easiest thing to come by at this point in human history. People used to call me a character all the time don't worry about it.

I did think of one observation from this though. If had to guess the percent of people driving a sub $5000 vehicle that can afford to or would care to keep up with maintenance, probably under 50% right? I'm imagining all the rubber parts, brake fluid, steering fluid, coolant, and oil (probably single item most kept up with of any car maintenance since not keeping up with it quickly may lead to a financial loss for you, not the next owner) that's just mush and water.

e: I certainly did absolutely zero maintenance of that sort on my most beatery car, like it seems at least 5 posters here have had, a very early 2000s half destroyed Volvo S40. My state has no safety inspections and very few car parts required by law to drive on public roads.

Keeping in mind most of the world is not USA tho and we are sub 5% of world's population :) that's $5000 USD here in freedom land for my back of napkin theory above, that amount will be different in every country.

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 20, 2023

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Luckily this is the Best time of the year to buy a beater car, as people struggling to make ends meet after the holidays, waiting for tax rebate money to upgrade. And a cursory look through Facebook marketplace near me brought up quite a few in the $2,000 range. You should absolutely be prepared to spend several hundred on deferred maintenance. Ideally you would have a knowledgeable friend along to look over the cars, bribe them with pizza and beer, or whatever you can do. Because otherwise, shopping in that price range while knowing nothing about cars is essentially gambling.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I appreciate everyone's help :cheersbird:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
As everyone has posted, you don’t get much choice at 2k and the best option for your money is a 2k car and a 1k maintenance and repairs budget.

I’d probably try to look for a Crown Vic / Grand Marquis, or a 3800 powered W body or really any other domestic car/platform that was made in huge quantities. Parts tend to be a little cheaper than the imports, and readily available in junkyards, too. GM generally made a good powertrain and a poo poo rest of the car but you don’t technically need your HVAC system to work to drive to work so it works out at the low end of the range. The Koreans are an OK option too from the early 2000s.

Motronic is right. Find a friend who knows something about cars to help you. There may also be some charities in the area to help you out, it’s worth investigating.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
this morning I went to a pre-arranged test drive for a kodiaq

they sold it beforehand and didn't bother telling me, no other manual 4x4 ones around, not even a manual 2wd

drove over to vw and I'm gonna test drive a manual 4x4 tiguan next week but I have seen a bunch of reliability warnings about them already so that's probably a no-go

gently caress car dealerships and gently caress their lovely coffee, goddamn burnt isn't a desirable flavour

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Well that sucks. Time for a Macan S

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

knox_harrington posted:

Out of curiosity I went back and checked and you’re the guy who told me to get a 996; I see I’ve found the resident Porsche junkie, lol

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

knox_harrington posted:

If the fuckers would sell me one with a manual transmission then it would be shutupandtakemymoney.gif- this is probably the last combustion engined thing I'm ever going to buy and i want a manual one goddamnit

I need to be patient and just bide my time for the right kodiaq to pop up at this point, tiguan allspice (not fixing that autocorrect) is essentially the same but rarer and rarer still in manual/4x4, and the seat tarraco and audi q7 you just can't get manual/4x4 because gently caress me and my luddite ways I guess

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Out of curiosity I went back and checked and you’re the guy who told me to get a 996; I see I’ve found the resident Porsche junkie, lol

There are dozens of us!

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

I see I’ve found the resident Porsche junkie, lol

There are dozens of us. DOZENS.

e:fb

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

Bank posted:

* Rav4 Hybrid
* CR-V Hybrid
* CX-5 and Outback are neck and neck. If I can't get the Rav4 or CR-V at MSRP I'll test drive these two and see what drives better. The prices are close enough where it shouldn't matter too much for me.

I hear the CX-5 engine is pretty mature and reliable, and I've heard Subarus have had a littered headgasket failure history, so maybe the Mazda will be the winner.

I'm really, really going to miss having the big Pilot though. We went to the snow so many times and it helped us huge on a recent move we did. I didn't even have to rent a truck, I literally just threw things into the trunk and mattresses on the top. I don't need such a big car on an on-going basis though, so it makes sense for us to downsize a bit.

You may already realize this, but the Outback is an outlier on your list. It's significantly larger than your other vehicles. A more comparable Subaru to the rav4, crv, and cx5 would be the Forester (in terms of size).

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

DesperateDan posted:

this morning I went to a pre-arranged test drive for a kodiaq

they sold it beforehand and didn't bother telling me, no other manual 4x4 ones around, not even a manual 2wd

drove over to vw and I'm gonna test drive a manual 4x4 tiguan next week but I have seen a bunch of reliability warnings about them already so that's probably a no-go

gently caress car dealerships and gently caress their lovely coffee, goddamn burnt isn't a desirable flavour

Have you ever considered a used 7 series?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

wesleywillis posted:

Have you ever considered a used 7 series?

They also run into the no manual transmissions available problem

Of 3,910 BMW 4x4s available, 20 are manual

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 20, 2023

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

Friend's replacing his car. Single male, no kids to haul, just commuting. Is the answer to this still Prius? Which kind? What mileage/year, what maintenance should be expected, &c.

Proposed Budget: USD $15,000
New or Used: Used, probably.
Body Style: Sedan or crossover. No major preference.
How will you be using the car?: 1.5 hours of commuting every single day.
What aspects are most important to you? Reliability and total cost of ownership.

Ohio State BOOniversity fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 22, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ohio State BOOniversity posted:

Friend's replacing his car. Single male, no kids to haul, just commuting. Is the answer to this still Prius? Which kind? What mileage/year, what maintenance should be expected, &c.

What aspects are most important to you? Reliability and total cost of ownership.

Definitely seems like a prime candidate for a Prius. I'd say the newest one he can get for the price but a Prius understandar could probably be more specific there.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

The 1.5 hours commute per day gives me a little pause on Prius. If that’s in traffic the Prius is fine but I find the Prius’ main weak point is a lot of highway driving. It’s a little tinny and light and doesn’t accelerate well at speed and has the smallest fuel economy advantage on the highway. However it is still very reliable so that is a good choice. The Camry hybrid is a bit more substantial and comfortable but also tends to be more expensive.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I can't speak to long term reliability but a fusion hybrid (or any fusion, really) will eat highway miles in relative comfort and I feel like (haven't checked phone posting) they wouldn't keep their value very well.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

what are thoughts on Carvana? is it just a dealer but without talking to a human?

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

Bank posted:

* Rav4 Hybrid
* CR-V Hybrid

You can get both the rav4 and cr-v at MSRP if you shop around, but you'll be waiting. I'm at the tail end of a three month wait for a CR-V, and from what I understand RAV4 is more like 6-8 months. Ymmv, local markets will vary. Both are generally only available in higher trims, more cost effective trims have longer waits.

Cons- CR-V doesn't have a spare tire, RAV4 has an ongoing issue with an out of warranty high voltage cable corrosion after 4-5 years if you're in a salty area.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Buddykins posted:

what are thoughts on Carvana? is it just a dealer but without talking to a human?

It’s fine, you’ll probably pay a $1-2k premium vs. a local dealer that you’ve haggled down. If it’s a popular model and supply is tight that premium will increase.

The 7 day or whatever return policy is a huge benefit. Have not seen local guys offer any return policy, once you sign the car is yours and they are not taking it back unless you work out a deal. Carvana needs to offer that though since you can’t PPI before purchase.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Carvana bankruptcy rumors + stories about people having trouble getting titles from Carvana = sad face emoji.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Whatever you might think about the stock market being a useful indicator of value, I'd be hard pressed to put my faith in a company that lost 97% of its value in the past year.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I would be slightly hesitant on buying a car from Carvana right now just because of

dpkg chopra posted:

Whatever you might think about the stock market being a useful indicator of value, I'd be hard pressed to put my faith in a company that lost 97% of its value in the past year.

The model is probably viable but I'm not sure they are, specifically. And they have done less than well with things like giving people titles even before they started spiraling. You'll probably be fine, but I am not sure the value is there given the risk.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ohio State BOOniversity posted:

Your single buddy with no kids gets a Prius he’s going to remain single with no kids. Tell him to pick up something like this

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

dpkg chopra posted:

Luckily you don't have to put your faith into anything! It's not like you're investing in the company, you spend an hour or two dicking around with esigned PDFs and they ship the car to you. Titles are another ballgame but that hullabaloo seems to have mostly died down, I haven't heard of that being a genuine issue for any significant number of people for several months since it started getting into the press.

It really is a nice business model if they can make it work, like Kyoon says if they die someone else will come along. It makes too much sense to arbitrage using cheap real estate to store vehicles nowhere near a city center, low holding costs seems like a significant win as long as they can actually move and sell those vehicles.

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 22, 2023

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, but like you mentioned, you don't get to do a PPI, and have to trust that you'll be able to effectively return the car within the 7 day window (ie: the return has to be accepted, someone has to pick the car up, someone has to process your refund) if there's something wrong with it.

Plus the titling issues, or getting the plates sent. Obviously if it's a good deal, go for it, but paying a 1-2k premium for that uncertainty when there's other similar services or just dealing with a dealership, I personally don't think it's worth it.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

dpkg chopra posted:

Yeah, but like you mentioned, you don't get to do a PPI, and have to trust that you'll be able to effectively return the car within the 7 day window (ie: the return has to be accepted, someone has to pick the car up, someone has to process your refund) if there's something wrong with it.

Plus the titling issues, or getting the plates sent. Obviously if it's a good deal, go for it, but paying a 1-2k premium for that uncertainty when there's other similar services or just dealing with a dealership, I personally don't think it's worth it.

Yes, the return thing would absolutely be an issue, again have not heard of CVNA genuinely having a pattern of refusing a return in the 7 day period for any significant number of people. That would be a big deal, and of course they are also contractually bound to honor it (though not resting on that alone, obviously contractual obligations fall through all the time).

Titling issues and plates I addressed above.

But you're right, certain factors here are not things you would even have to consider if you went with someone in-town. The question as always is what that is worth to the consumer.

e: Most of what I am saying here is applicable to someone that otherwise wants to buy from CVNA. They enjoy the other benefits, etc. Myself, I am always going to go to whoever is cheaper for the same quality vehicle. For certain cars on my daydream list, Carvana is cheaper than local folks. On average though it will be more expensive as discussed.

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 22, 2023

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Never thought I'd be looking at SUVs, but my family's expanding. I would very much prefer a Prius, or to, uh, just keep my eight-year-old Legacy. :\

Proposed Budget: As far below $50k as I can get. That amount seems insane to me, but markets sure seem rough these days. :ohdear:
New or Used: Used if possible.
Body Style: Compact SUV or wagon.
How will you be using the car?:

- 20mi round trip commute 2-4 times per week.
- Shuffling two kids in car seats locally.
- Bringing two kids + a 50 lbs dog for hikes at nearby trails.
- A 175mi trip with kids + probably the dog to visit extended family in a rural location w/harsh winters 3-6 times per year. We'd need to resort to rooftop luggage or a trailer to haul much for this, I guess.

Those last two types of drive are where the SUV or wagon idea comes from. Won't be able to put the dog in a rear passenger seat any longer.

What aspects are most important to you?:

- Reliability
- Excellent crash test ratings and safety features
- AWD for winter, though I've heard that us New Englanders fetishize this a little too much and that winter tires + FWD are actually cool and good for most people?
- Any features that would help w/navigating tight parking situations would be great to have. I live in a dense city that contains way more cars than parking spots, and the driveway where the car will be most of the time is small, awkward, and shared.
- Fuel efficiency. Traditional hybrid or PHEV mandatory. BEV seems out of our price range, but the Kia EV6 looks cool.
- Low road noise would be a good nice to have for long trips w/sleeping toddlers--my wife and I currently have to kind of blast audiobooks and music in our Legacy on long drives with the kids.
- Car should be not be significantly longer than our current one, which is apparently 188.8 in. Again, driveway is cramped. :hai:
- Interior shouldn't feel cheap, ideally. Not looking for utmost luxury, though.

So far, recent models of these cars have caught my eye:

- Toyota RAV4 Hybrid or Prime
- Honda CR-V Hybrid
- Lexus NX Hybrid (used)
- Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
- Kia Sportage Plug-in Hybrid

Happy to hear any suggestions or to be told that the cars on my list are shoddy, deathtraps, or likely unattainable within the next six months.

e: vvvvvv 194.9 in. We can swing a couple of inches more, but that's going to be impossible for us.

Insanite fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 23, 2023

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Congrats on your highlander hybrid

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

Your single buddy with no kids gets a Prius he’s going to remain single with no kids. Tell him to pick up something like this

He's not enlisting, he could never get the financing for such a beaut.

KillHour posted:

I can't speak to long term reliability but a fusion hybrid (or any fusion, really) will eat highway miles in relative comfort and I feel like (haven't checked phone posting) they wouldn't keep their value very well.

er, is that wouldn't a typo? Are you saying they Would Not (and in turn he'd be able to get a better deal) or that it Would (lowering his TCO)

Ohio State BOOniversity fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 23, 2023

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Insanite posted:

Never thought I'd be looking at SUVs, but my family's expanding. I would very much prefer a Prius, or to, uh, just keep my eight-year-old Legacy. :\

Proposed Budget: As far below $50k as I can get. That amount seems insane to me, but markets sure seem rough these days. :ohdear:

- A 175mi trip with kids + probably the dog to visit extended family in a rural location w/harsh winters 3-6 times per year. We'd need to resort to rooftop luggage or a trailer to haul much for this, I guess.

Those last two types of drive are where the SUV or wagon idea comes from. Won't be able to put the dog in a rear passenger seat any longer.

- Reliability
- AWD for winter, though I've heard that us New Englanders fetishize this a little too much and that winter tires + FWD are actually cool and good for most people?
- Any features that would help w/navigating tight parking situations would be great to have. I live in a dense city that contains way more cars than parking spots, and the driveway where the car will be most of the time is small, awkward, and shared.
- Fuel efficiency. Traditional hybrid or PHEV mandatory. BEV seems out of our price range, but the Kia EV6 looks cool.
- Low road noise would be a good nice to have for long trips w/sleeping toddlers--my wife and I currently have to kind of blast audiobooks and music in our Legacy on long drives with the kids.
- Car should be not be significantly longer than our current one, which is apparently 188.8 in. Again, driveway is cramped. :hai:
- Interior shouldn't feel cheap, ideally. Not looking for utmost luxury, though.

- Honda CR-V Hybrid
- Lexus NX Hybrid (used)

Happy to hear any suggestions or to b cce told that the cars on my list are shoddy, deathtraps, or likely unattainable within the next six months.

e: vvvvvv 194.9 in. We can swing a couple of inches more, but that's going to be impossible for us.
Seems like a perfect case for a minivan, not sure about the length.

Also, you're looking to pay an extra 8 grand to get a hybrid model to save $300 a year in fuel. Why?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Inner Light posted:

Yes, the return thing would absolutely be an issue, again have not heard of CVNA genuinely having a pattern of refusing a return in the 7 day period for any significant number of people. That would be a big deal, and of course they are also contractually bound to honor it (though not resting on that alone, obviously contractual obligations fall through all the time).

If they go bankrupt in your seven day return window I have questions about what your recourse is and how long it will take. That to me is the main issue right now.

Insanite posted:

- A 175mi trip with kids + probably the dog to visit extended family in a rural location w/harsh winters 3-6 times per year.

- Reliability

- Honda CR-V Hybrid
- Lexus NX Hybrid (used)

Happy to hear any suggestions or to be told that the cars on my list are shoddy, deathtraps, or likely unattainable within the next six months.

You've done a fair amount of homework, which is good I'll challenge two things:
1) Focus on hybrids and fuel efficiency. You don't drive that much based on what you posted. I'm getting like 6k miles or so out of what you posted taking the high end. Hybrid systems add complexity, weight, and cost and do limit your options. The more you drive, the better they are, and you don't drive enough for there to be a very strong business case for spending the money. However, your short trip is within RAV4 Prime range, so that could have some benefit - if you could possibly get your hands on one, which you can't.
2) AWD is somewhat useful for winter but if you aren't buying winter tires in New England you should do that either in addition or instead of having AWD. The only thing is that everyone ELSE thinks they need AWD so if you try to sell a FWD compact CUV in New England it won't go great. So at minimum you probably wanna get it for resale purposes.
3) It is going to be difficult to find a car with a lot more space within your length limit, which brings me to:
4) Compact CUVs aren't really all that big. They're like, fine but the space is deceptive since they are tall and a lot of that height is not super usable. I think you'll be OK with the two kids and the dog but if you are bringing two kids in car seats and a dog and a spouse and all your stuff for a multi day trip you are going to be tight in there. the NX in particular is just not gonna cut it. I would normally recommend the CX-5 but the interior packaging is worse than the CR-V.
5) Road noise is very much a function of tires.

Other points: pretty much all cars are pretty reliable, every car currently made will be significantly safer than your Legacy, and parking proximity sensors are great but typically only available on higher trims.

Things you haven't considered that I would maybe recommend, most ignoring your hybrid criterion because I don't think it makes sense as above:
Subaru outback (though it's a bit big)
Mazda CX-50 (it's a bit bigger than the CX-5 but within your length requirement. It has weird butch SUV styling but is actually lower and more wagon-y than the CX-5, including a lower cowl height which I like)

But like, if I had to keep all your criteria, I would buy a CR-V hybrid. If I could get my hands on one. The Sport Touring Hybrid has parking sensors, as does the EX-L (and does so at a $5K price premium, which is why I challenge the hybrid requirement. Borrowing $5K at current new car rates is not cheap). I'd be tempted to save thousands of dollars and use the Mk 1 Eyeball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Huh, decent points.

If I ditch the hybrid requirement, yeah, an Outback would be way up on my list. The length is something I'm going to have to literally pull a tape measure out for tomorrow, but it could work.
I have been eyeing some of Mazda's models, too. I know very little about that brand, though.

Why am I pro-hybrid?

- Nebulous "you're saving the planet through correct consumerism" feelings. I know it's stupid.
- My credit union discounts loans for cars that get >= 35 mpg combined, which might be worth a couple of grand over the course of the loan.
- Going to gas stations more often than is absolutely necessary is a drag, but not a "spend thousands of dollars to avoid it" one.

Nothing I can actually use to keep hybrid as mandatory, then.

If we could get a PHEV for cheap, that would be different, as we'd be running on electricity 90% of the time, but it's unlikely that we can even find one for MSRP + 10% within the next year. :)

Spacewise, I know that SUV != cargo heaven. I'm very much a wagon and minivan person at heart! A compact SUV just seems to be the only thing that really fits our weird spatial requirements, though--tiny, awkward shared driveway where a longer car would block one of my neighbors in, and some compartment where my dog could be where he's not wedged between two car seats.

e: I guess I'd love to not have to fill up drastically more than I currently do? Current car is around 26 city/36 highway, which seems ballpark attainable in the class I'm looking at.

The Forester's also an option--it's smaller, which I did not know. Hm.

Insanite fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 23, 2023