Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

arsenicCatnip posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1619069893344903172

I can't explain it but the Mr. Tweet nickname makes me want to kill him

My brain keeps replacing it with Mr Toot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASywAfBAVrQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

ella irwin is the one who was in some completely unrelated role who quit before being brought back to do trust and safety, she's completely out of her element with zero guidance and she's forced to reduce her team, which lol

She’s the one who let Bari Weiss go hog wild on an administrative console which she posted camera photos of right.

The best people.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

What was the meme he was making when he carried the sink into Twitter HQ?

Elon owns twitter now, so you'd best let that notion sink into your brain.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

Apropos of nothing, we just adopted a cat, who came with the name Sweet Tart, and I have been calling him Mr. Tart while singing this song

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

That's for when Elon goes broke and has to set up his own "non-woke" Mastodon instance.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Lamech posted:

Apropos of nothing, we just adopted a cat, who came with the name Sweet Tart, and I have been calling him Mr. Tart while singing this song

You posted about your cat; you are now required by posting law to post pictures of said cat.

priznat posted:

She’s the one who let Bari Weiss go hog wild on an administrative console which she posted camera photos of right.

The best people.

don't worry, she later ensured us that bari weiss and matt taibbi weren't actually given unfettered access to DMs and she was the one taking those screenshots actual photographs

do you not feel reassured?

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You posted about your cat; you are now required by posting law to post pictures of said cat.

Mr. Tart

re:Elon

- is dumb

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Lamech posted:

Mr. Tart

:3: the only good external content in this thread

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Very good, thank you. :3:

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1619064707272552449

funnily enough i remember actual journalists asking him similar questions and him throwing a pissy fit and shutting down twitter spaces and poo poo

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Wtf are they taking about?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

N. Senada posted:

No one outside their little jerkoff crew knows, or cares

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
I never watched any of the Hamilton sequels. I had no idea they made 68 of them!

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
lin manuel is trying to build a cabin out of tony awards

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lazy_Liberal posted:

lin manuel is trying to build a cabin out of tony awards

it's going to be the new white house when all is said and done

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol spending 44 billion dollars to read twitter emails

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

kazil posted:

lol spending 44 billion dollars to read your ex-girlfriends twitter emails

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i suspect this is part of what musk means when he says twitter would have to be redone from the ground up

i feel like you're giving elon too much credit with this statement.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Strong Sauce posted:

i feel like you're giving elon too much credit with this statement.

Ironic, considering how much credit Musk himself steals

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

N. Senada posted:

Apparently it's this thing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lamech posted:

Mr. Tart

- is dumb

Want to pet that cat and give it kisses on the head.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

My Spirit Otter posted:

Elon owns twitter now, so you'd best let that notion sink into your brain.

naw, that actually has a modicum of humor to it. No way thats what Elon meant

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ChaseSP posted:

Then they'll just cry that nobody replies. You can't satisfy these babies that nobody actually likes them and wants to interact.

He is now in the "Disney reactively scrambling to contort Star Wars into whatever screeching online weirdos want it to be, only to realize everything they "fix" makes them even madder and screechier" phase of his Twitter ownership. Only Elon doesn't have the self awareness to just give up, and so he will fold himself into a corncob trying to fix everything the fix to the fix to the fix to fix to the fix has broken this time according to catturd2 and TheQuartering and Dave Rubin.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Lamech posted:

Mr. Tart

- is dumb

Pet that Mr Toot

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

OK, I read that.

...wtf are they talking about?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

nine-gear crow posted:

He is now in the "Disney reactively scrambling to contort Star Wars into whatever screeching online weirdos want it to be, only to realize everything they "fix" makes them even madder and screechier" phase of his Twitter ownership. Only Elon doesn't have the self awareness to just give up, and so he will fold himself into a corncob trying to fix everything the fix to the fix to the fix to fix to the fix has broken this time according to catturd2 and TheQuartering and Dave Rubin.

He's incapable of realizing the problem is his target demographic sucks and the fix is to ban them all and target a different demographic.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

ella irwin is the one who was in some completely unrelated role who quit before being brought back to do trust and safety, she's completely out of her element with zero guidance and she's forced to reduce her team, which lol
Don’t feel too sorry for her. Irwin and that other ghoul Esther Crawford (she of the performative sleeping on the office floor) who threw their former colleagues under the bus and sold their souls to Musk deserve no sympathy.

Musk is at least transparently capricious, imagine people you used to work with going full Nazi high command overnight. Must be quite demoralising.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Outrail posted:

He's incapable of realizing the problem is his target demographic sucks and the fix is to ban them all and target a different demographic.

gently caress Yeah! Elon Go to Russia

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Mister Tart.
you could have saved her
i gave you all the treats

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I know I make jokes sometimes, but I think this Elon guy might not really be smart. I think he might be a stupid person

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Unkempt posted:

OK, I read that.

...wtf are they talking about?

Don't think about it because it doesn't actually matter.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I know I make jokes sometimes, but I think this Elon guy might not really be smart. I think he might be a stupid person

:vince:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I know. It's hard to hear

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Outrail posted:

He really is hosed either way then. Catering to them is doomed to failure because they will never be satisfied with anything they wring out of him, and banning them is an equally doomed prospect because the ire it will earn him from all of them will consume the rest of his and their lives, they're that relentless. There's no way out for him.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yep.

That's why it's funny.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

nine-gear crow posted:

He really is hosed either way then. Catering to them is doomed to failure because they will never be satisfied with anything they wring out of him, and banning them is an equally doomed prospect because the ire it will earn him from all of them will consume the rest of his and their lives, they're that relentless. There's no way out for him.

The way out is for him to sell twitter and gently caress off

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Shutting down Twitter forever will solve the problem.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kazil posted:

The way out is for him to sell twitter and gently caress off

gschmidl posted:

Addendum: There is no way out of this for him that he will actually consider doing. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

gschmidl posted:

but what about elon's 44billion