Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I had to search for that and it just threw up the yospos pics thread lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

a shameful snype

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

but redeemed by claiming the quad

:hellyeah:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i don't think it counts as a quad if there's a page break in between. like how you gotta get each subsequent kill before the last player's name fades

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

a shameful snype

lol

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I just realized I haven't thought about picas since high school, cranking out pagemaker layouts :cool:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

picas taught me to be good at dividing by 6 in my head so I guess there’s that

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Midjack posted:

they can afford to buy off a couple of congresspeople to get the terms extended like everyone else does.

the only way to expand patent terms in the US is to amend the Constitution or to ratify a treaty (which the US Constitution places at the same level as an amendment, something that we really need an amendment to correct…)

that’s why the patent term changed a few years back from 17 years to 17 years plus a 3 year extension that has to be applied for; the treaty that time was the one under which the United States joined WTO’s TRIPS architecture and essentially imposed the US intellectual property system on the world, except where other places were stricter, in which case it made the US stricter too

one of the only good things to come out of Trump being elected was that his administration scuttled the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which would have made all copyright infringement a criminal instead of civil violation—of course that’s not the reason he opposed it, the reason was anti-China xenophobia, but at least they did the right thing for the wrong reason

incidentally, TRIPS also requires software to be patentable, which means it’ll take an amendment or treaty to eliminate software patents too; our only hope is that the Supreme Court continues to take a dim view of the Eastern District of Texas’s “go ahead and patent it all and let the lawyers sort it out (j/k, patent holder always wins)” attitude, which does seem likely since the EDoT had been flagrant in its refusal to follow either the letter or the spirit of the Court’s rulings, which have been pretty cross-ideological so far with both liberals and conservatives saying things like “no, novelty actually does matter, and challenges to patentability have to actually be carefully weighed and not just dismissed out of hand”

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Hed posted:

I just realized I haven't thought about picas since high school, cranking out pagemaker layouts :cool:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

a shameful snype

this was a fair probe and I deserved it.

I let yospos down and I let myself down

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
lol i, uh, learned how to use kid pix in school

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

:hmmyes:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

lol i, uh, learned how to use kid pix in school

i used corel draw in high school graphic design class. via citrix so it was awful. is corel draw even a thing anymore?

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Pile Of Garbage posted:

i used corel draw in high school graphic design class. via citrix so it was awful. is corel draw even a thing anymore?

for the moment

kkr bought them a couple years ago and already killed the name corel

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol you made me remember DPAINT with the cool King Tut art on the box, haven't thought of that since I had my Atari ST in the mid-90s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluxe_Paint

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

fuuuuck, weird region of brain memory activated

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

DELETE CASCADE posted:

fuuuuck, weird region of brain memory activated

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I'm sorry, are we just going to leave the only program for the SNES with a mouse out in the cold here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCFZDa4Gmyg

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

the mouse also worked for the game vegas stakes

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

https://archive.org/details/kid-pix-11

archive.org owns lol holy moly

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

polyester concept posted:

the mouse also worked for the game vegas stakes

but not for the port of sim city 2000 that came out after the mouse

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

that port owns anyway. someone should port it to pc

e: oh i was thinking of a different snes simcity apparently

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 31, 2023

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol archive.org has the psx version

https://archive.org/details/psx_simcit2k

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Volmarias posted:

I'm sorry, are we just going to leave the only program for the SNES with a mouse out in the cold here?

had the sonic version of this on the genesis :woop: WACKY WORLDS CREATIVE STUDIO

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

njsykora posted:

but not for the port of sim city 2000 that came out after the mouse

nice

Only registered members can see post attachments!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Beeftweeter posted:

that port owns anyway. someone should port it to pc

e: oh i was thinking of a different snes simcity apparently

yeah nintendo did the port of the first game apparently because a bunch of people there were obsessed with it, then maxis did the 2k port themselves

i have a copy of the ps1 version, the manual is large but it does support the playstation mouse, consoles in the 90s really loved having a mouse, i think you can use it in the ps1 port of final doom as well as all the point and click adventure games that got ported to the ps1 like myst and the five disc version of riven: the sequel to myst

njsykora fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jan 31, 2023

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

they have kid pix studio too: https://archive.org/details/kid-pix-studio_202110

the disk image is 250 mb though lol

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
post your pix

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

eschaton posted:

post your pix

i have been trying to get it to work on ipad with very little success

kid pix studio just flat out doesn't load and if you reload the page you get the blinking missing system disk. i think ios safari/webkit can't handle it, edge and firefox do the same

regular kid pix asks you for your name before you can use it. this makes it a non-starter on ios because there is no way to toggle the keyboard

i just realized it might be possible to copy and paste something from some readme or something though, idk. i'll play around with it but i'm in bed and don't wanna grab a laptop lol

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

Oh God, this dredged up some ancient memories of playing around with Dr. Halo III on DOS way back in the day.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
dr halo heals the covenant instead of killing them

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

njsykora posted:

i have a copy of the ps1 version, the manual is large but it does support the playstation mouse, consoles in the 90s really loved having a mouse, i think you can use it in the ps1 port of final doom as well as all the point and click adventure games that got ported to the ps1 like myst and the five disc version of riven: the sequel to myst

Why did I doubt that the emulators would support the playstation mouse?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

the archive.org emus actually support web gamepad apis too (if your browser does, ofc)

very good site imo. they have practically every psx game, most arcade games, a shitload of dos ones, and pretty much any classic mac app, all WASM emulated

very cool, even if it doesn't really work on ios

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

https://web.libretro.com/

if you wanna play even more poo poo in-browser. very cool

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Volmarias posted:

there were about 15 titles that supported the mouse, though most were utterly forgettable. of course, in proper 90s fashion, the one game that was actually good (besides mario paint) never made it out of japan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at-CWNuiliA

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games

works with a bt keyboard/mouse on ios

goodbye productivity lol

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

y2k no

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'