Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kinda funny that the whole bit with One Last Arching actually makes a decent test for whether a villain's ready to leave their general arching career behind them and take on a leadership role, that they're willing to have some resolution and mature or whimsical enough to accept whatever form it takes. Wide Wale outright turned it down because he decided there's still stuff he wants to do as an active member. (Funny because they brought him on board to fill out the Council and get the New York branch of the Guild on board, but seems like he's become happy to play ball anyway, probably getting his brother back helped)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

theflyingexecutive posted:

Also:

Aren't you going to wipe my memory?

White, you lazy bastard! If you had even an OUNCE of that little guy's moxie I'd be cleaning you like a toilet seat!

I laughed just reading this quote, I can hear the delivery in my head

That and him hucking the phone at the lackey's head never fail to make me guffaw

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
The show dumping on White (and building up Billy) is one of my favourite things. The gag in Spanikopita! where his bare skin catches the morning sun and instantly ignites to his horrified scream had me rolling.

And, as an Irishman, feeling very seen.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It kills me that Wide Wale's last arch was supposed to be head of the Guardian Angels Curtis Sliwa. If you're not up on NYC lore, the Angels are (are!) a team of unarmed volunteer subway peacekeepers who wear red berets in response to rising crime in the 70s. Sliwa himself survived a mob hit from John Gotti's son.

Sliwa also ran a campaign for mayor and the biggest stories were that he had been in a romantic relationship with the now Borough President of Queens and that he has 16 cats.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
When the Monarch said he had his hands in many sinister soups, is that a pre-existing phrase or was he just saying something funny and gross?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I've heard pots and pies but not soups.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
At my job(I work at a Yogurtland*) for our store "radio" we use a internet radio app on a phone hooked up to the store's speakers, one of the stations that sees frequent use here is called "For the Fans of Depeche Mode" and every time I see that name the whole Monarch and Dr Girlfriend bit about Depeche Mode from Tag Sale You're It plays in my head

*I can easily picture how Hank, Dean, Dermott and several other of the younger characters would be like as workers here and it's comedy gold

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Nilbop posted:

The show dumping on White (and building up Billy) is one of my favourite things. The gag in Spanikopita! where his bare skin catches the morning sun and instantly ignites to his horrified scream had me rolling.

And, as an Irishman, feeling very seen.

Check out what Doc Hammer actually looks like some time.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The Albino Code....

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I've said it before but I just love how Pete's hair immediately bursts into flames the instant sunlight touches him.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Doc is a FORMER Dracula and needs not shun the light of the day star.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Everyone. Buy like 12 copies of the movie when it comes out. Maybe we can have a repeat of this.

https://www.ign.com/articles/aqua-teen-hunger-force-returning-to-adult-swim-after-8-years

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

bull3964 posted:

Everyone. Buy like 12 copies of the movie when it comes out. Maybe we can have a repeat of this.

https://www.ign.com/articles/aqua-teen-hunger-force-returning-to-adult-swim-after-8-years

I've had a feeling both movies were a temperature gauge for future seasons. I will stream the movie on every platform it's on because why would I watch it just once? Might as well spread the views out.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

bull3964 posted:

that newest movie was kinda rough. 80 min of a cohesive plot mocking amazon/bezos sounds like it should have been gold on paper, but ehhhh. 11 min eps are the perfect format for that thing...VB though, I have no doubt will work beautifully in a feature-length format.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I will 100% pirate this. Also hope to buy a DVD to keep with the set I've never played lol. I don't trust streaming, but if I can rent it on YouTube etc I'll probably do that too. Viva la Venture!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

All of the commissioned adult swim movies are going to be physical release + digital purchase first.

What I'm saying is that if you want ANY hope of anything further, buy the gently caress out of the VB movie when it goes up for sale.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

bull3964 posted:

All of the commissioned adult swim movies are going to be physical release + digital purchase first.

What I'm saying is that if you want ANY hope of anything further, buy the gently caress out of the VB movie when it goes up for sale.

The extras will be worth buying a disc version anyway

I would also buy the poo poo out of a complete series blu-ray set, seems like a no-brainer for WBD..you'd think

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
take my money you bunglers!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
gently caress, probably gonna subscribe to HBO for like, a month, just to watch this. VB dvds are always an automatic purchase for me

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I’ll buy the hell out of the VB movie, mostly because I have the rest of the show on disk. I’m just glad there’s one company still doing physical releases for this kind of thing. Hell, they even put those Adventure Time “movies” on bluray.

I hope that’s true about the AS movies getting disk releases. I also hope that Metalapocalypse gets a double feature release with The Doomstar Requiem.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

bull3964 posted:

I'll buy it. Don't you think I won't buy it. I've got that Irish crazy.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Nilbop posted:

I'll buy it. Don't you think I won't buy it. I've got that Irish crazy.
drat. I'm only Irish American and even with us, that poo poo still goes pretty deep.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

bull3964 posted:

I feel like the difference is ATHF can be churned out at near South Park level speeds. Venture Bros will be renewed for a revival season then quietly cancelled 3 years later after no major progress

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

If anyone its wants the book, I have one that has a dent in the cover but is perfect inside. I'd be cool to let it go for shipping money plus whatever to a goon fan.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

If anyone its wants the book, I have one that has a dent in the cover but is perfect inside. I'd be cool to let it go for shipping money plus whatever to a goon fan.

I think I'd like to take you up on that. Can I send you a private message?

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

I will pay exactly one dollar more than the other guy. (No, not in pennies.)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

mutantIke posted:

I will pay exactly one dollar more than the other guy. (No, not in pennies.)

You ate them all, didn't you?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

So what? So you’ll poop pennies

Pull out the change in your pocket. I see you have a few pennies in there. I’ve been shoving $30 of pennies up my rear end for the last 11 years. I use them for everything.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
does anyone still have their VB shirt club shirts

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Ups_rail posted:

I don't have the first run but the entire second and third run are kicking around in my closet
Though since then, I've started only wearing black so 95% of them are retired

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Ups_rail posted:

I have all of them.

I’m a lot fatter than I used to be/they’re worn out. Thinking about getting them made into a quilt

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I wear the Enzo shirt all the drat time. Thing's gorgeous.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Kudos to the goon that sold me their Spanakopita! shirt years ago.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TK-42-1 posted:

So what? So you’ll poop pennies

Pull out the change in your pocket. I see you have a few pennies in there. I’ve been shoving $30 of pennies up my rear end for the last 11 years. I use them for everything.

You're crossing the streams man, are you trying to kill us all?

Ups_rail posted:

I never managed to get any, every time they did one was during a period of unemployment for me

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

drrockso20 posted:

You're crossing the streams man, are you trying to kill us all?

I never managed to get any, every time they did one was during a period of unemployment for me

Same. I am hoping for one last round of it.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Ups_rail posted:

I just wore my Glorious Extra Color shirt yesterday. I think I have all of that season's except the Spanikopita! (Lost a battle to bleach) and the Dr Mrs the Monarch shirt (grown adult, unwearable in public). Also the Destiny shirt is lost?

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I’ve got 3 and they’re all still in rotation, if a little faded. Used to work out in an OSI shirt to feel like Brock.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don’t have most of the season 3 shirts, but I have a lot of later ones. I wear them a lot still. I love when people recognize them.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah, I've still got most/all of the first shirt club shirts somewhere in various states of thread-baredness, including the bonus Astro Base one. They don't see a lot of rotation but they're comfy around the house shirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I’m wearing my URGH shirt right now actually.