Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
anyone else see thsi thing that there is a new mario kart themed ride at Universal Studios and that it is fatphobic because it has a weight limit because if ur too fat the gokart will slow down or something? lol goddammit mario between this and calling bowser gay when you throw him into the lava ur gonna get canceled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fatphobic-rider-size-limit-mario-191620845.html

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Don't all gokarts have this issue?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
It was supposed to be different this time

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Huh Americans have a 40 inch waist on average, that's crazy

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Colonel Cancer posted:

40 & 1/2 Inches :pseudo:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Most residents of the Mushroom Kingdom agree, Mario should be held in little Marquis de Sade style cell and only trotted out twice a day at noon and six o clock to be brutally tortured. They only harm him superficially so his body is never destroyed. The Mushroom Kingdom is suffused with this lust for a pain, an entire empire of madness inflicting its animus for agony towards Mario. I would say I feel sorry for him, but hell is not bad enough for him.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Looks-a like it’s Luigi’s time to shine

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Why does Mario hate himself?

This is why I always pick Luigi

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Another feeble attempt to keep Wario out

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Wario has the best catchphrases like
“Doh I pissed”
And
*fart*

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Whaaaaaa they all cried as they were told it might break the ride

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Nooner you could probably sell this post to Jay Leno or Jimmy Kimmel

Lmk if you need their detes

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

N. Senada posted:

Wario has the best catchphrases like
“Doh I pissed”
And
*fart*

Wario: "I will torture then kill Mario and dump his body beneath a portapotty so everyone can take a poo poo on him"

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Fat people drag a cardboard cutout of Mario into a courtroom and put him in trial, like the cadaver synod

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
The defense says these rides are for children, not obese fans.

The gavel slams and there is a riot

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"

Colonel Cancer posted:

Well, most people have a waist somewhere in the 30s, but those guys on my 600 pound life with the 110" waists skew the average to the upside.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Treecko posted:

The defense says these rides are for children, not obese fans.

The gavel slams and there is a riot

Gonna be a lot of upset fat kids aka Americans after that ruling

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Who actually likes fat people? Fat people don't even like fat people.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
It's ridiculous. Doesn't anyone read anymore? Mario's design docs specifically outline 3 things, and that's it. Mario's 3 Things: No swear words, never a gun in his hand, and no fat chicks. Stupid Americans. Mama mia...

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Nooner posted:

anyone else see thsi thing that there is a new mario kart themed ride at Universal Studios and that it is fatphobic because it has a weight limit because if ur too fat the gokart will slow down or something? lol goddammit mario between this and calling bowser gay when you throw him into the lava ur gonna get canceled

they shouldn't have hired Chris Pratt

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Ok, I’m looking at these numbers from the CDC and something isn’t adding up

Averages for dude in the US of A:
-Height in inches: 69.0
-Weight in pounds: 199.8
-Waist circumference in inches: 40.5

I’m 74” tall. The heaviest I’ve ever been, during the saddest and fattest period in my life, was 220lbs. I did not feel healthy. I didn’t look great. Got over the depression eventually. Went overboard getting fit again and kept a lot of measurements to track my progress and the worst that tape hit was ~35”. Does a 5” height difference equal a 5” waist difference?

What’s going on here? Do I have an extra heavy skeleton or am I just bad at math?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Mario has a feeder fetish he's always talking about spaghetti and I'mn pretty sure he saw Se7en

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3

Dick Fontaine posted:

I’m 74” tall. The heaviest I’ve ever been, during the saddest and fattest period in my life, was 220lbs. I did not feel healthy. I didn’t look great. Got over the depression eventually. Went overboard getting fit again and kept a lot of measurements to track my progress and the worst that tape hit was ~35”. Does a 5” height difference equal a 5” waist difference?

What’s going on here? Do I have an extra heavy skeleton or am I just bad at math?

I mean I'm 6'4 (76 inches) and currently ~190bs with a 34" waist, and skinny.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Dick Fontaine posted:

I think this is one of those situations where the median would be more useful or extreme results skew the average more in inches than pounds maybe? Not sure if that would work.

No one has a really heavy skeleton.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

Xenocides posted:

I think this is one of those situations where the median would be more useful or extreme results skew the average more in inches than pounds maybe? Not sure if that would work.

I do.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Thats not very super of you Mario

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Stop-a eating the pizza fatty!! Ya-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya-yaHOO *vibrates out of existence unlike your fat, which will never go away*

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
it'sa me, fatshamio

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Xenocides posted:

fat wolverine does.

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004
Eat-a salad fatty! Woo-Hoo!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Squee posted:

I mean I'm 6'4 (76 inches) and currently ~190bs with a 34" waist, and skinny.

Is that measured with a tape or your pants size? Pants size tends to be inaccurate.

Not that it matters. At all. Unless you’re fatshamer like Mario I guess.

Edit: I guess that might actually count for the context of this thread. A guy with a 40” waist is probably wearing size 36 to 38 jeans. That’s husky for sure but not really a size you’d associate with the mechanical limits of things in America :911:. That’s only two thirds of a Chris Christie! This a terribly designed ride.

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Feb 6, 2023

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Horses are fatphobic too. Jokes on them, I'm horsephobic.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

im 5'4" and 275

my life kinda sucks

mario would hate me.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Well yeah the kart will slow down, it just takes longer to get to top speed however the weight will send light racers like Toad flying off the track, that’s the trade-off. I mean that’s how it worked in Mario Kart if you picked Wario, Bowser, or DK.

PS these have been requirements on multiple Universal rides for years, lol mining Twitter for “news.” I’m more interested to know why a 40” waist is the average in terms of ride construction and how it relates to cost because we know it comes down to money somewhere along the line.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Most residents of the Mushroom Kingdom agree, Mario should be held in little Marquis de Sade style cell and only trotted out twice a day at noon and six o clock to be brutally tortured. They only harm him superficially so his body is never destroyed. The Mushroom Kingdom is suffused with this lust for a pain, an entire empire of madness inflicting its animus for agony towards Mario. I would say I feel sorry for him, but hell is not bad enough for him.

is this just for Mario or...?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Who actually likes fat people? Fat people don't even like fat people.

John Candy ruled

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

John Goodman

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Wayne Knight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I know there's been some weight loss there but even when they were big we loved them.

William Henry Hairytaint fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 6, 2023