Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

indigi posted:

how would you be able to tell from shodan that the server can communicate with alternate universes
I think it would be more like the type of situation where you use shodan to search for jenkins servers and it turns out to have the do not fly list except in this case it's connections to alternate universes so you tell everyone on twitter

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mr. Crow posted:

theres a table in the shodan results that lists which universes are accessible

nah you just check the source universe field in the header

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/bootsriley/status/1622618043196280832?s=46&t=ESeGmDBXj-TnPk4HSmFNhQ

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ludoiochem/status/1622937205604855809

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

quote:

Still from the classic film Ninja versus the Dread Ghost Ape.

:eyepop:

(edit hmm that title doesn't show up anywhere searching)

edit edit he is a YETI not an APE

https://vintageninja.net/ninja-vs-yeti-in-strike-of-the-jaguma/

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 7, 2023

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

NoneMoreNegative posted:

:eyepop:

(edit hmm that title doesn't show up anywhere searching)

edit edit he is a YETI not an APE

https://vintageninja.net/ninja-vs-yeti-in-strike-of-the-jaguma/

That’s just a screenshot from sekiro

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

hmph well its not on Usenet, on my Terrible Movies Tracker or on any public trackers that I can see :mad:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

hmph well its not on Usenet, on my Terrible Movies Tracker or on any public trackers that I can see :mad:

i did some digging around; it looks like "怪獣蛇九魔の猛襲" and its double feature/sequel "逆襲天の橋立" are available from a certain archive organization, according to ddg :ninja:. there's no monster in the second one, though

i've had no luck finding subtitles, and the second doesn't register with any of the plex dbs which is really something. even the imdb is sparse

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
long and oddly mellow interview with 80-year old harrison ford

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/harrison-ford-interview-shrinking-indy-5-1923-1235318736/

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
he cant be 80 thats impossible i just watched Indiana Jones

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Mr. Crow posted:

he cant be 80 thats impossible i just watched Indiana Jones

aren't they filming a new indiana jones with him as indiana jones? lol

i think i remember seeing a thing about them "de-aging" him for flashbacks to (i think) raiders of the lost ark

e: yeah the hollywood reporter article mentions it. "indiana jones and the dial of destiny" lol gently caress off lucas

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
also my wife is watching the robocop reboot and lol i'm glad i forgot about most of this dumb bullshit. bad movie

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
turning a big dial taht says "Destiny" on it and constantly looking back at the audience for approval like a contestant on the price is right

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i would simply turn the dial of destiny towards 10. seems better than 0 to me

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol i seriously wonder if lucas insisted on that title. it's so bad

but its not like the disney star war ones were much better i guess. this one kinda sounds like "denial of destiny" if you mumble though so that's fun

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm imagining the dial of destiny being like an old fashioned kitchen timer slowly rotating toward the apocalypse

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's the antikythera mechanism hth

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

haveblue posted:

still not sure what was so wrong with the kythera mechanism

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

it's got to have something to do with those dumb aliens from crystal skull

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

rotor posted:

if you had to work with kythera you wouldn't say this

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

nothing wrong with it, you just need something to balance it out

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

e: yeah the hollywood reporter article mentions it. "indiana jones and the dial of destiny" lol gently caress off lucas

lucas has nothing to do with this movie except for collecting the royalty checks and having a vanity executive producer credit. it is neither written nor directed by either lucas or spielberg.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

FMguru posted:

nothing wrong with it, you just need something to balance it out

i see, so its a conservation of kythera thing, ok that makes sense

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

lucas has nothing to do with this movie except for collecting the royalty checks and having a vanity executive producer credit. it is neither written nor directed by either lucas or spielberg.

lucas can still gently caress off though

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i cant believe they call it pyroprocessing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC9RI8_QYmw

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

like obviously they call it some weird name because they dont even want to bring up the idea of a molten salt process

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

also my wife is watching the robocop reboot and lol i'm glad i forgot about most of this dumb bullshit. bad movie

a robocop film lacking gruesome, shocking violence? nobody should remake a verhoeven

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

rotor posted:

i cant believe they call it pyroprocessing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC9RI8_QYmw

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

also soviets will be the bad guys instead of nazis

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/quendergeer/status/1618593681921175552

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I hope Indy 5 follows the "odd-numbered episodes are the good ones" rule.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

honestly kind of conflicted about this

back in the day they were an incredible duo. great casting too. then you get kingdom of the crystal skull

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

also soviets will be the bad guys instead of nazis

it was soviets in the last one. maybe it will be insidious chinamen this time

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"they were a great duo" to the extent that lucas wrote the story of indiana jones and spielberg did everything else. indiana jones is one of the greatest series of all time because of steven spielberg, harrison ford, and john williams. george lucas is incidental.

and reminder that lucas is the one in that infamous quotation who says that marion ravenwood should be 12. spielberg says she had better not

Roosevelt posted:

it's former nazis who came over with operation paperclip.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
didn’t spielberg retort with 15? that's "better" but still seems like splitting hairs

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

indiana jones in the opium wars would be fuckin awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppxXs34MavY

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

indigi posted:

didn’t spielberg retort with 15? that's "better" but still seems like splitting hairs

no, spielberg says "she had better be older than 22" (if their relationship was ten years ago) and lucas says that it's "not interesting" if she was 16 or older.

spielberg is fine, lucas is a creep

https://www.polygon.com/2015/8/3/9089181/indiana-jones-abusive-creep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

"they were a great duo" to the extent that lucas wrote the story of indiana jones and spielberg did everything else. indiana jones is one of the greatest series of all time because of steven spielberg, harrison ford, and john williams. george lucas is incidental.

and reminder that lucas is the one in that infamous quotation who says that marion ravenwood should be 12. spielberg says she had better not

it's former nazis who came over with operation paperclip.

well, yeah. lucas can write excellent story outlines, its the details that suck usually. i don't think the indy series is an exception

i don't think anyone is going to argue spielberg is a bad director, but given a turd of an outline he usually produces, well, a turd

and by "produces" i mean "directs", he's certainly produced a ton of absolute garbage, but that's also incidental

e: lucas is an ok director though. hes competent at least, not actively bad