Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I really wonder what mental gymnastics Alex's listeners have to do to when on Monday Alex says " you're an idiot for living in a demon hellspawn city full of babby rapers" and on Tuesday he says " I turned down 5 lucrative offers to be the head of right wing news because I didn't want to leave this city"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I really wonder what mental gymnastics Alex's listeners have to do to when on Monday Alex says " you're an idiot for living in a demon hellspawn city full of babby rapers" and on Tuesday he says " I turned down 5 lucrative offers to be the head of right wing news because I didn't want to leave this city"

If I believed the offers existed I’d expect the ones to relocate for were based in bigger cities than Austin.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's very telling that Jones still lives in Austin, one of the most liberal cities in not only Texas but the South. He could have easily relocated to most anywhere else in Texas, but he's been living there for decades. He could have probably bought multiple ranches with full bunkers and studios by now or relocated to Dallas or Houston, probably not San Antonio due to the population of Bexar County being majority Hispanic. He's not even from Austin either and the city has voted Democrat all but 2 times in the last 43 years so it's not like it got flooded with liberal, NIMBY tech people recently.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

tsob posted:

So how likely is it that Alex starting a home studio that is definitely legally distinct from Free Speech Systems and probably under someone else's name will allow him to continue operating without conceding any of the profit to his financial vortex?

Alex was sued both as Free Speech Systems and as himself, this changes nothing. Filing it under someone else's name is going to be the same situation as the bankruptcy and quickly seen through

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I would love an Alex Jones cooking show where he just burns cookies and tartines all day and gets mad. Or a Townsends style show where he tries to live the 1776 Way and builds the shittiest log cabin ever and freezes to death.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
According to the Wayback Machine, the "new" website existed in '17, but under the realm of a domain squatter saying the domain name was for sale. This continued until March of '19 when it was still listed as for sale with an asking price of 45,000 USD. A few months later in June of the same year, "alexjones.live" then redirects to InfoWars.

This does not last for long, though. A month later, in August of the same year, the website redirects to QMAP -- one of the primary aggregators of QAnon content, likely owned an operated by Jim Watkins of 8chan fame. This would've been in the area of time when QAnon and Jones were fighting for the same audience share of gullible rubes, putting them into conflict with one another. The redirect stays there for another two years, until 2021.

The domain is registered by Epik, the primary web registrar for almost all online extremists of right-wing leanings who are too extreme for most other hosting platforms. The WHOIS says it was registered on 2021-08-30 and has remained updated by the same owner since then. However, this "owner" might not be Alex specifically, but instead might be Epik themselves. The only Wayback snapshot of the site at that time is another squatting page, but this time mentioning Epik specifically. The WHOIS says the DNS has been updated last month, but the update does not change the end-of-August registration term.

Morroque fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 11, 2023

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
So has Alex been banned from Twitch? Because what I gathered from his wanting to paint is that he wants to become a streamer

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Non-zero chance that Alex is being forced to go to therapy and he’s discovered that art therapy helps him…so, of course, he wants to monetize it.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
There is an old episode of KF where Alex talks about being a successful painter who used to sell his paintings for thousands of dollars but he stopped because he could either paint or fight the globalists not both.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Tree Dude posted:

There is an old episode of KF where Alex talks about being a successful painter who used to sell his paintings for thousands of dollars but he stopped because he could either paint or fight the globalists not both.

It was a semi-recent 2003, I think.

I think the one thing we can say about this for sure is that whatever it is, it’s gonna be a scam.

I’d bet my bipoy on it.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I dunno why but the thought of Alex genuinely being a good painter makes me laugh a lot. I hope he is and does a Bob Ross.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Tree Dude posted:

I remember one of the first episodes I heard was Alex interviewing some 30+ year old incel who sued his parents for forcing him to move out and at some point during it he just randomly suggested to the kid that he should become a successful painter as a way to support himself

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I would be fascinated to know if Alex can actually paint or if he's 'Painting skills of a 6 year old' but his narcissist brain insists he's an amazing artist.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I hope Alex pays off the full $1.5 billion by ripping off Thomas Kinkade. In more ways than one.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I'm suddenly much less annoyed by people posting button pics, and in fact think it's a cool thing to do.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

I'm happy that the neighbors bit is back.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I'm going to beef with reality so bad if it turns out Alex Jones is a natural artist.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Marsupial Ape posted:

I'm going to beef with reality so bad if it turns out Alex Jones is a natural artist.

Is it funnier if he never used it instead became himself.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Oh man, this part about smashing the trolls/haters/globalists' heads into the concrete is probably based on the real life incident where Alex, a bully, smashed some kid's head into concrete and caused them brain damage. That kid's friends later ambushed and beat the poo poo out of Alex, which is why he moved out of his hometown. The story he tells is that he discovered the town's police were dealing drugs through some nancy drew nonsense, and the coverup by city hall and the chief of police is what forced his parents to move.

Watching Alex's empire collapse loving owns.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Firstscion posted:

Is it funnier if he never used it instead became himself.

We’re going to find out that Alex has been painting surreptitiously for decades and is some kind of outsider art savant.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Embraced by the art world, becomes worlds most famous artist, pays his debts, dies many decades from now beloved by all.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

red19fire posted:

Oh man, this part about smashing the trolls/haters/globalists' heads into the concrete is probably based on the real life incident where Alex, a bully, smashed some kid's head into concrete and caused them brain damage. That kid's friends later ambushed and beat the poo poo out of Alex, which is why he moved out of his hometown. The story he tells is that he discovered the town's police were dealing drugs through some nancy drew nonsense, and the coverup by city hall and the chief of police is what forced his parents to move.

Watching Alex's empire collapse loving owns.

Or he watched American History X, and took entirely the wrong thing from it.

Marsupial Ape posted:

We’re going to find out that Alex has been painting surreptitiously for decades and is some kind of outsider art savant.

Alex Jones is...Wanksy!Fakesy!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

This guy sucks rear end.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Confirmation question : is the silly “legally distinct from FSS” podcast in addition or in lieu of the normal show?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

Confirmation question : is the silly “legally distinct from FSS” podcast in addition or in lieu of the normal show?

In addition to is what Alex claims. I haven't checked info wars to verify

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It’s in addition he’s in studio most days lately.

E: A thing I was surprised Dan didn’t mention about today’s ep was this Matt Baker guy had been on the main infowars show the same day and raised a bit of a stink unprompted about how he thought he was getting an hour on the show when it was actually a half hour and AJ then presented his inclusion on the in-home podcast as a sort of make-good.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Grand Fromage posted:

This guy sucks rear end.

He was loving awful

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

His blatant Alex impression was better than Owen's but somehow worse at the same time.

Another reminder Alex has some broadcasting skills that none of these other shitlords do.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Yeah, the last 20 minutes were pretty bad. gently caress that guy.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

He really, really, obviously wanted to drop the other F-y slur rather than 'Fruity' to the point that I was surprised he never got there.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

ILL Machina posted:

I miss 2021BLACKJACK!

I'm still mad we went all of 2022 without a "2022 BUST!"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
This guy almost definitely has no relation to bill hicks, but he definitely stole a lot of his standup persona from hicks and denis leary, that “ohKAY” pronunciation is 100% Leary.

He super sucks and i hope this is the last of him appearing on alex jones stuff and therefore on kf

red19fire
May 26, 2010

On the other hand, it is good that Alex is so radioactive the best guest he can get is a guy who went viral for unhinged rants at city council meetings.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I wish the dirty-pun water filter guy was still alive. Or Old Man House Phone. That was a Golden Age.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Marsupial Ape posted:

I wish the dirty-pun water filter guy was still alive. Or Old Man House Phone. That was a Golden Age.

Alex being forced to listen to soap man's limericks was one of my favorite things. After he was done reciting one Alex would respond with a long pause, sigh... fake laugh "that was great" almost every time.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Tree Dude posted:

Alex being forced to listen to soap man's limericks was one of my favorite things. After he was done reciting one Alex would respond with a long pause, sigh... fake laugh "that was great" almost every time.

As his crimes got worse and worse over time, the karmic punishment for those crimes increased proportionally.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I used to be addicted to soap limericks but now I'm clean

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

So much for the separate and legally distinct Alex Jones podcast. RIP painting show.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Tree Dude posted:

So much for the separate and legally distinct Alex Jones podcast. RIP painting show.

GotDAMMIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I started to make a post a week ago that boiled down to "My not-a-lawyer opinion is that Alex could totally do a legally distinct entity and just keep going, but there's a good chance he'll gently caress it up like he did with the dumb maneuvers with the shell companies."

And wow, on the second (I think) episode he proceeds to declare to the world that he's comingled the servers and that they're basically the same company. Wow.

Lesson is :justpost:. Lol. Shame about the painting show but maybe he can get a 3rd legally distinct entity for it.