Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

sorry fellas you're gonna have to lea-

oh you're just gonna go right by me? well, then,

might have to give you a demerit

i'm gonna remember your face! you're gonna regret this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

the cops say as white supremacists go forward intent on murdering legislators

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

You mean this guy?
This guy right here?
You're telling me this guy is a psycho?
He a fash boot licker? woah

Phobos Anomaly
Jul 23, 2018

Koishi Komeiji posted:

https://twitter.com/aniceburrito/status/1625545224209547270

Cops put a man in a stress chair and just left him in a freezer to die. Also his cell was just a concrete room with a drain to piss and poo poo in to. If only our boys in blue had more training and money this never would have happened.

I feel like smashing my head into my desk.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

absolutely fascinating how basically none of the DC capitol cops had any consequences for the insane poo poo a lot of them did in front of cameras that day lmao

Thats not true, Democrats gave them billions for it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Oglethorpe posted:

they didn't do anything

no really

they didn't do poo poo

I mean, except the ones that opened barricades, high fived/took selfies with some of them, and the heavily armed&armored guys that stepped out of the way right before ashli babbit got shot

KomradeX posted:

Thats not true, Democrats gave them billions for it

fair

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Flesh Forge posted:

absolutely fascinating how basically none of the DC capitol cops had any consequences for the insane poo poo a lot of them did in front of cameras that day lmao

January 6 was good, they did a good thing that day

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Another day, another mentally ill individual brutalized by the police:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5A_Q1XcVNo

Tldr: Cops come, tase the guy, sic a K9 on him to bite his face off. In front of his mother FTW

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

I'll put a knife right in you.

Zeroisanumber posted:

I broke at Philando Castille because he was murdered at a spot I must've ridden passed on my bike 1000 times when I was a kid.

I was so loving ashamed, man. Before that I thought the cops were just badly flawed tools.

I can't even imagine. That video is so hard to watch.
One thing I noticed with Philando Castille's murder was the NRA showing their true colors in the deafening silence that followed a legally armed black man being outright murdered by the cops. I saw at least a few people flip from bootlicking "just comply and you'll be fine" to ACAB based on that video. Not enough, but anything that reduces the number of bootlickers in the aftermath of a police shooting gives me a little bit of hope.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Horror_Business posted:

The murder of Kelly Thomas was what pushed me from "gently caress these racist police" to "no, ACAB, every last one of them is at least complicit and they will do whatever they want to whoever they feel like doing it to. And they'll get away with it, no matter how heinous and clear cut it is". There is no denying the huge role that systemic racism plays, but it's certainly not the whole picture.

Daniel Shaver. The cops murder white people all the loving time too, they just don't do it for racist reasons. Poor/intentionally wrong training, militarization, police gangs, etc etc all lead to them murdering white people over and over. And then minorities get killed for all of those same reasons, AND because of their race because the cops are loving racist scum.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Horror_Business posted:

Mostly agreed. Memo or no, cops are only going to follow directives that they feel like following. It seems that their predilection for abusing the most easily abused just lines up with what works for the system overall most of the time.

I'm not sure why a mentally ill person would be less profitable for the private prison system, but I'll read into it.

Mentally ill prisoners just require more care time and infrastructure to support, which means more labor costs to keep them imprisoned which means less profits. Probably not more complicated than that

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

In Training posted:

Mentally ill prisoners just require more care time and infrastructure to support, which means more labor costs to keep them imprisoned which means less profits. Probably not more complicated than that

They also need care, can be disruptive and violent, and make messes. In a clinical setting, that's usually handled by trained staff and giving them a Haldol/Ativan cocktail until they can get on a regular schedule of meds and therapy to help them get control of their lives.

In a jail setting, you have a bunch of untrained sadists who just hate that there's this person who makes their jobs harder so they treat them with increasing brutality until they die.

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

In Training posted:

Certainly. My thought was just that private prisons certainly aren't going to provide that standard of care, and would probably be content to fill every cell with someone who should be getting psychiatric care instead. Also, since lobbyists for private prisons get them so much leverage, I could easily see them adding a psych upcharge if they aren't already.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Big part of the problem is that people who are severely mentally ill often have a huge set of interlocking issues that need to be carefully teased apart and treated separately to help them regain stability. And for some of them the best we're ever going to get is maybe getting them into a supervised group living situation.

But if a person is coming from an abusive home, is living rough, on drugs, and is severely mentally ill the only apparatus of the state that they're likely to run into is the cops. And instead of getting their situation fixed they just get tossed in the slammer and at best left to rot.

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Big part of the problem is that people who are severely mentally ill often have a huge set of interlocking issues that need to be carefully teased apart and treated separately to help them regain stability. And for some of them the best we're ever going to get is maybe getting them into a supervised group living situation.

But if a person is coming from an abusive home, is living rough, on drugs, and is severely mentally ill the only apparatus of the state that they're likely to run into is the cops. And instead of getting their situation fixed they just get tossed in the slammer and at best left to rot.

It's almost like instead of investing in safety nets and mental health, the state's solution to everything is to hit it with more police!

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
NSFW audio

https://twitter.com/imposter_edits/status/1626063504338825216

err has issued a correction as of 00:55 on Feb 17, 2023

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://mobile.twitter.com/medickimw/status/1626283012836016128?s=20

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

hard to believe stuff like this can still happen in america, let alone TEXAS

https://twitter.com/aaroncrews/status/1627153897495187458

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

Lmao this is a street takeover too

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/sivomengro/status/1627297694283714561

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flesh Forge posted:

https://twitter.com/ATXPOA/status/1627217453376839681

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
lmao the budget is the same as every other fuckin lib city. hundreds of millions every year, a token cut, and then more money then ever

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

lol cop cope is always hilarious

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So thisnthing in Austin some kind of festival out of control right? Cause if it was a protest they'd just gunning people down

Griz
May 21, 2001

KomradeX posted:

So thisnthing in Austin some kind of festival out of control right? Cause if it was a protest they'd just gunning people down

bunch of street racing dipshits blocking traffic to commit vehicular manslaughter

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

the remarkable thing is people pushing back cops

IN TEXAS

in THE CAPITOL of Texas

looking at this I'm kind of amazed this didn't result in a SWAT deployment and a lot of people getting shot :shrug:

KomradeX posted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Griz posted:

bunch of street racing dipshits blocking traffic to commit vehicular manslaughter

oh they do sideshows in austin too? thats sick

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

austin PD gonna get so much more money lol

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

the remarkable thing is people pushing back cops

IN TEXAS

in THE CAPITOL of Texas

looking at this I'm kind of amazed this didn't result in a SWAT deployment and a lot of people getting shot :shrug:

what is the paper bag status of the people throwing the sideshow?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

man people were shooting roman candles straight at the windshields of cop cars, in the dark, and the cops were running backwards as fast as the car would go, I don't think the cops were deciding what to do based on how white the folks they were retreating from were
e: I guess a more likely explanation is they were just bribed to not intervene :shrug:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

man people were shooting roman candles straight at the windshields of cop cars, in the dark, and the cops were running backwards as fast as the car would go, I don't think the cops were deciding what to do based on how white the folks they were retreating from were

sure but it determined how they rolled up

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I don't really see how they could evaluate that with a crowd of 500+ people at night, looking at the video they didn't even really get close enough to see anyone :shrug:
e: reviewing the video I do see a lot of black people though :shrug:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

I don't really see how they could evaluate that with a crowd of 500+ people at night, looking at the video they didn't even really get close enough to see anyone :shrug:
e: reviewing the video I do see a lot of black people though :shrug:

in the perfectly spherical city of austin, where cops wander the streets at random like it was gta or something, i'm sure you're right

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I liked the part where the cop ran like a bitch, got explosives thrown at them, and then ran faster.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/jaybeware/status/1628203000975048704?s=20

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

I’m conflicted

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
oh apparently it’s legal to protect your dog against another dog, don’t need to feel sympathy for the policewoman doing what any citizen would

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I suppose if a dog was mauling my cat I would shoot it.

I'd stay up feeling tortured about it for nights afterwards because dogs are good.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
good

all dogs are cops, and all pit bulls are members of the "anti-gang" unit

Zeroisanumber posted:

I suppose if a dog was mauling my cat I would shoot it.

I'd stay up feeling tortured about it for nights afterwards because dogs are good.
pretty much the A1 reason to bring a gun anywhere in public is the likelihood of encountering an unaggressive, unleashed dog. things are a loving plague out here in Colorado. every shithead thinks their precious baby is the exception to the rule, and are "OMG SO SORRY!" when they run at any non-white person on the trail

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 03:08 on Feb 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

TenementFunster posted:

good

all dogs are cops, and all pit bulls are members of the "anti-gang" unit

pretty much the A1 reason to bring a gun anywhere in public is the likelihood of encountering an unaggressive, unleashed dog. things are a loving plague out here in Colorado. every shithead thinks their precious baby is the exception to the rule, and are "OMG SO SORRY!" when they run at any non-white person on the trail

yeah man i love shooting unaggressive dogs they had it coming for being cops