Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Killingyouguy! posted:

If it was attached to a cable then i suppose you would get up with the mouse in your hand and then it would tug against the cable?
No, I wouldn't pick it up.

Killingyouguy! posted:

Do you frequently forget what is in your hands?
Yes? Do you not? Doesn't everyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Tiggum posted:

Only when I'm enjoying a beautiful sunset

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Tiggum posted:

:dafuq:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

A wired mouse is situated on the surface it's meant to be used on. You use it there and leave it there. A wireless mouse is portable by nature. I often use it on my leg or the couch, which necessitates picking it up.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Tiggum posted:

A wired mouse is situated on the surface it's meant to be used on. You use it there and leave it there. A wireless mouse is portable by nature. I often use it on my leg or the couch, which necessitates picking it up.

and then putting it back down

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Killingyouguy! posted:

and then putting it back down

No, that part's optional. You can hang onto it for as long as you like. Even leave the room.

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!

Tiggum posted:

Certainly not everyone, I don't. But, I mean, I aint gunna judge. I can watch a TV show and a day later wouldn't be able to summarize it. I may never lose my phone/keys/wallet/etc but can barely remember what happened yesterday. All our brains work different.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

tiggum i swear to god you're like this on purpose

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I don't have a remote, so sometimes I get up to adjust the volume and then find myself still carrying around my television

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I can relate, having broken two cheapo car phone chargers by plugging my phone in to charge while driving, sticking it in my pocket (for lack of a better place when there's a passenger/bags/drinks etc in the front with me), and then forgetting about it so when I get out of the car it yanks the cord/charger out of the plug.

I honestly don't know, somehow I never learn.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Sisyphus looking around the living room in confusion, trying to remember why he rolled this boulder in here

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Killingyouguy! posted:

tiggum i swear to god you're like this on purpose

It makes perfect sense. One of Tiggum's biggest Pet Peeves is Tiggum. As it is for many forum readers.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Killingyouguy! posted:

I'm really intrigued by this thought process. If it was attached to a cable then i suppose you would get up with the mouse in your hand and then it would tug against the cable? Do you frequently forget what is in your hands? I can't relate to having this little body awareness. like living on autopilot. what's that like

Have you never met anyone with ADHD before?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Lol I know everyone likes to take the flimsiest excuse possible to dunk on Tiggum but are we really gonna pretend we have never misplaced something we were holding or never even have heard of the concept?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I have the opposite problem. I generally remember where I personally leave things but my brain has absolutely no internal concept of "where it's supposed to be" so if someone maliciously hides something in the cupboard where it belongs I'm completely at a loss.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Lol I know everyone likes to take the flimsiest excuse possible to dunk on Tiggum but are we really gonna pretend we have never misplaced something we were holding or never even have heard of the concept?
Okay, but who else has thought "oh, I'm still holding my mouse. Guess I'll just leave this somewhere random!"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

FFT posted:

Okay, but who else has thought "oh, I'm still holding my mouse. Guess I'll just leave this somewhere random!"

I don't think that, I just do it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It's because of blaming the mouse and not yourself.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
i lose poo poo all the time, but it's not because i didn't realize i was holding it, then didn't realize i was setting it down.

my thing is i go "oh i need to put this somewhere" then "this seems like a good spot" then immediately forget where that spot was. i will remember that it's somewhere clever, though. cause that's helpful.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

My niece received a dollhouse for her birthday, complete with two poseable dolls.
The house includes furniture. Chairs, tables, couches, you know what furniture is.
Neither of the dolls fit into any of it.
Imagine the sad look on her grandparents' faces as this five year old girl tries in vain to seat her new dolls in their chairs.
What the gently caress, toy makers?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Manager Hoyden posted:

Every single time I search for a product with a certain attribute, every search in existence returns only that product without the attribute. Every time.

For anyone who does backend development, specifically on search functions: First, go gently caress yourself all the way into moving traffic. Second, please stop making these things assume they know what I'm looking for better than I do. Third, if you survived the traffic encounter please gently caress off into an incinerator, you can find one at any funeral home

Google shopping no longer lets you use the minus symbol to exclude results.

Bing search is failing on that too.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
What the gently caress use is Facebook marketplace? I set a radius of 30 miles and it still tries to sell me poo poo from the other side of the country.

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

that this "editor" says "doesn't just help you with words, but helps YOU"
ummmmm that first clause is a fragments and the second is dependent while using a comma :cmon:
we have a fraud in our midst

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Every now and then a bookmark just becomes unbookmarked

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

mlnhd posted:

This is interesting.

I’ve never seen this feature in a microwave in the US. In fact they all seem to have exactly the same firmware that lets you set the time and power level, with some preprogrammed buttons.

They all have them unless your microwave is a really dire relic.

It's also not worth it to use because if you're microwaving something who cares, I open that door it just means I want warm calories in. Good food doesn't go in the microwave.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The Library of Congress website goes down halfway through using it practically every time I'm on there

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

My brain at 10pm: sleep IMMEDIATELY NOW or I will make you suffer
My brain at 2am: party time

I'm so loving tired

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

When I come back to where I was sitting after a whole bunch of random poo poo I had to do, and see a nearly-full cup of cold coffee I'd left behind waiting for me.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

When I come back to where I was sitting after a whole bunch of random poo poo I had to do, and see a nearly-full cup of cold coffee I'd left behind waiting for me.

And it was a cup of coffee that you want to the Break room to get, only to find that the pot was empty. loving lazy freeloading coworkers grumble grumble so you set another pot brewing then go back to work while it's doing so. Hopefully you don't get bogged down or too busy to go and fetch your fresh hot coffee, else you might have to brew another pot.

Then you finally have it, your hot cup of ambrosia. Probably too hot to drink yet, so you let it wait. Then, like your scenario, some likely dumb bullshit pulls you away again.

Can you tell I prefer WFH?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I also prefer WFH, but am I the only one who liked being able to be the one to make the new pot of coffee?

Especially bc my coworkers never properly washed the basin for the coffee grounds.... it'd get so gross...

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I recently moved house. The drivers in this area are the worst I've encountered anywhere.

Today, for the first time ever, I saw someone go the wrong way through a roundabout. I, on my bike, also had two vehicles slow down and refuse to pass me until I stopped. Just driving along behind me like psychopaths. The other day I saw a car (very slowly) drive half way through an intersection during a red light. Yesterday I saw a car try to turn through a lane of traffic without looking, nearly causing a collision. I've seen multiple people ignore lane markings, going straight through left-turn-only lanes. People honk their horns for no apparent reason - I saw a car stopped at a red light and the car behind them honked like they wanted them to move. Almost every day at least one person yells at me from a car window; sometimes it's the passengers, which I find especially odd: the total lack of shame, that you'd do that not only in front of other people but from a vehicle that someone else is driving, so your actions inevitably reflect on them.

I've only been here two weeks and I feel like I've seen more bad driving and arsehole behaviour in that time than I had in the past several years combined.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

You in Italy or something?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

You in Italy or something?

Nope. Just moved from one part of Melbourne to another. I would not have believed there could be such a huge difference in driving behaviour over such a small distance if I hadn't seen it firsthand.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I moved within the same state in the US and 95% of people here in the new area act like roundabouts are a regular four way intersection and drive around it whichever direction they please. It's not even out of not giving a poo poo, people here somehow just have no concept of what a roundabout even is.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Tiggum posted:

Melbourne

I don’t know what it is about this town and shithouse drivers.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Idk about Melbourne but Sydney is the one city I've ever been legit scared of cars, and I was at a loving terrorist truck event.

Like in France and Italy, people toot their horn as they weave all over traffic, in the US people who probably want to kill me will charge straight at me with their F150 Superduties, in Russia everyone drove like they wanted to kill themselves

Australians drive like they've got all the mediterranean drive without the skill. What is your major malfunction, Australia?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's full of Australians

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

God drat Australians ruining Australia

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

Nope. Just moved from one part of Melbourne to another. I would not have believed there could be such a huge difference in driving behaviour over such a small distance if I hadn't seen it firsthand.

I'm going to guess that you moved to a substantially more suburban part of the metro? In my (US) experience that's usually where the difference lies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

If everyone just drove like me there would be no traffic problems