Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Figglemort
Nov 8, 2009

rotor posted:

nobody show that to a pizza hut executive

Lou Malnati’s makes Chicago style pizza that you can order with a sausage layer that’s sort of like that.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

It's a very weird story. The heroic detective, named Elon, deduces that a couple of communists murdered an opera singer by dumping exactly 3,798lbs of mercury into the sewer.

RoastBeef fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Feb 19, 2023

Gubbinal Girl
Apr 11, 2022

RoastBeef posted:

It's a very weird story. The heroic detective, named Elon, deduces that a couple of communists murdered an opera singer by dumping exactly 3,798lbs of mercury into the sewer.

New title for the Elon thread: "not only racist and reactionary, but silly."

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Gubbinal Girl posted:

New title for the Elon thread: "not only racist and reactionary, but silly."

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

RoastBeef posted:

im of

not that one. not the one either. or that one. not that one or that one. no, not that one. no. no. no

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The Im Of Method

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cat Face Joe posted:

im of

not that one. not the one either. or that one. not that one or that one. no, not that one. no. no. no

I do not envy the marketing person who had to photoshop all of the barf out of that picture

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

why are those people wearing blindfolds on the rollercoaster

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

welp :goleft:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have that same tat except it says “make serifed fonts great again” in Apple Garamond

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Comic Sans is really not as bad a font as people say. It works well for its intended purpose, and strangely it is one of the most readable fonts for people with dyslexia. There are thousands of vastly shittier fonts out there. The most valid complaint against Comic Sans is that it frequently gets used inappropriately, which is not the font's fault at all. If you're a snob about it it's because you are a snob.

That said, Marker Felt has a similar feel but is prettier.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

comic sans is the goatse of fonts

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Roosevelt posted:

comic sans is the goatse of fonts

people do get all uppity if you use it at work

mystes
May 31, 2006

Roosevelt posted:

comic sans is the GOAT

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

Comic Sans is really not as bad a font as people say. It works well for its intended purpose, and strangely it is one of the most readable fonts for people with dyslexia. There are thousands of vastly shittier fonts out there. The most valid complaint against Comic Sans is that it frequently gets used inappropriately, which is not the font's fault at all. If you're a snob about it it's because you are a snob.

https://youtu.be/jVhlJNJopOQ

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Sagebrush posted:

we had to use pre printed Masters project/thesis covers and ours were printed in comic sans

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i yearn for a return to a time when normal people didn't know or care about fonts.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

we had to use pre printed Masters project/thesis covers and ours were printed in comic sans

whats great is its called "Comic Sans" its not even remotely misleading about its purpose. yet that somehow just screams "professionalism"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

rotor posted:

i yearn for a return to a time when normal people didn't know or care about fonts.

lol its fun when people think they know what they're talking about though

:yooge: cosmic sands i think i played the back nine there

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

Well yes I am a snob and proud of it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I set all my documents in helvetica variants with futura for the headers, which is like the most basic bauhaus bitch imaginable and the graphic designers mock me because industrial designers stereotypically love constructivist type.

But I don't care because I do love constructivist type. Give me those perfect circles and straight strokes. gently caress yeah

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/fjMKqnX.mp4

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

get in loser, we're going to the future

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

an atm for the guy who keeps forgetting to not put "B.C." on his checks

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

knew what this was before I clicked, watched it all the way through

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

some medical centres use it on their prescriptions

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I don't think that's even wrong. Prescriptions don't have any particular gravitas and it's important for them to be legible.

The only place where it's actually inappropriate would be, like, an obituary. And even then only if you knew the deceased wouldn't like it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it'd be a pretty good gag if a comedian had died

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

If you make my obituary comic sans I'm gonna haunt you

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Sagebrush posted:

I don't think that's even wrong. Prescriptions don't have any particular gravitas and it's important for them to be legible.

The only place where it's actually inappropriate would be, like, an obituary. And even then only if you knew the deceased wouldn't like it

have fun with the font to add a little blast of whimsy to an otherwise boring obituary

here's an obituary that is not boring

a local phoenix brewery named a beer after uncle bunky

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

what about on a technical drawing? or aircraft schematics

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I bet you didn't think I could spell schematics.. but I did, without even checking if it's was crroect :smugmrgw:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

canyoneer posted:

have fun with the font to add a little blast of whimsy to an otherwise boring obituary

here's an obituary that is not boring

a local phoenix brewery named a beer after uncle bunky

this guy hosed, :rip:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

technically, that's not in Comic Sans

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
https://twitter.com/robdimarzo/status/1472956401437884419

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

mmmmmmonday morning motherfuckers!