Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

The Moon Monster posted:

The yellowing is exquisite

It's like an old painting. It should be in the Louvre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
We use trackballs onboard, regular mice tend to fly off the consoles in rough weather.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I currently use this one at home:

I literally clicked on this post with one of these bad boys

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I have this exact one, it was awesome for when I got bad carpal doing a hotel reservations job.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I had this one, and I miss it.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I never had one but I always liked the look of the balls.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I currently use this one at home:

I've had one of these since, 2011 (I think), and it works great, the newer ones use bluetooth now.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Unperson_47 posted:

Hell, same.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Unperson_47 posted:

the uh... i dunno textural appearance is memorable. like i don't remember the exact model we had but i remember that red and black mottled look of the Orb.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

late Gen X youth was loving weird

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i don't think you can even call Shasta McNasty "late Gen X youth", as much as it was an attempt to cynically market/pander to what people in board rooms thought late Gen X youth wanted to see

and they were wrong because Shasta McNasty was cancelled extremely quickly

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Shasta McNasty might be the actual worst TV show ever made

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I knew the name but never paid attention to it so I looked it up on Wikipedia. It mentioned losing best new sitcom to Stark Raving Mad, a show I remembered watching and found this blurb about Stark Raving Mad that's a very 90s view of the TV landscape.

"On January 10, 2000, the sitcom won a People's Choice Award for Favorite New Television Comedy Series. The sitcom premiered on September 23, 1999, and was officially cancelled by NBC on April 15, 2000, despite being ranked 19th among all programs with an average of 15.5 million viewers,[1] as it held poor retention rates from its lead-in, Frasier, and was consistently beaten by Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? in the same timeslot."

15M viewers? Pathetic, cancel that garbage.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i did an image search for shasta mcnasty and instantly developed a wicked bad case of hives.

also learned that there is a knife called shasta mcnasty... for some reason.

edit
i'm in a shasta mcnasty-hole

https://twitter.com/joekjoek/status/1328437850145050624?s=20

uber_stoat has a new favorite as of 21:01 on Feb 25, 2023

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Grassy Knowles posted:

Shasta McNasty might be the actual worst TV show ever made

Was it worse than Nick Freno, Licensed Teacher? I never watched it because Jake Busey.

Either way, that series premiere is peak Late ‘90s and I am not here for it.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Was it worse than Nick Freno, Licensed Teacher? I never watched it because Jake Busey.

It was worse than Nick Freno, Desmond Pfieffer, Heil Honey, My Mother The Car, top of the heap, ferris bueller. I can’t think of anything worse and scripted beyond maybe Caillou?

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
On a Very Special Episode,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bf3rW9qYuM

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Thinking about that episode of boston public where a kid was selling bort pills out of his locker.

Which was a better healthcare system than half of the country has now.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Homeboys in Outer Space

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Volcott posted:

boston public

reminder that

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think Boston Public made a lot of people send their kids to private schools

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Mu Zeta posted:

I think Boston Public made a lot of people send their kids to private schools

It just made me think Chi McBride and Nicky Katt were cool. I think I might’ve been right about Chi, which is a better record than most shows with people i looked up to

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

I picked up a late model IBM PS/2 off the kerbside some years ago and after guessing that the password was password I was greeted with this picture set as the wallpaper.

After I cleared out all the previous owners personal files that were last updated in the late 90s I was able to play some games like hard drivin lemmings and pinball dreams for about a year before it died.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

coldpudding posted:

I picked up a late model IBM PS/2 off the kerbside some years ago and after guessing that the password was password I was greeted with this picture set as the wallpaper.

After I cleared out all the previous owners personal files that were last updated in the late 90s I was able to play some games like hard drivin lemmings and pinball dreams for about a year before it died.

wow, did you find any more stuff tying that computer to CERN?

That “Cernettes” image is a bonafide piece of computing and physics history, for those who don’t know it.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Oh hell yeah, that Amiga book and the Lemmings 2 box... :discourse:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Ok Comboomer posted:

That “Cernettes” image is a bonafide piece of computing and physics history, for those who don’t know it.

The first band on the internet!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Brb gotta reinstall The Lost Vikings and Mario Teaches Typing.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

dialhforhero posted:

Brb gotta reinstall The Lost Vikings and Mario Teaches Typing.

Sorry, you're gonna need more floppy drives.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Nah just grab it off Blizzard's site along with Blackthorne.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

Ok Comboomer posted:

Nope just some drafts for business stuff a bunch of phone numbers and a lot of shortcuts to shortcuts to shortcuts, it did however have a mystery box attached via a whole bunch of loose jumper wires and a ribbon cable that contained a cd drive and some speakers, there was some sort of music making program installed but I could not make it run, I remember trying to search for documentation for the thing and not finding any mention of it anywhere online.

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

mind the walrus posted:

It's like Mike Judge and John K are in an eternal competition to see who can be more irrelevant with their 90s animated refuse.

Replying to this year-old post because I'm petty. But the newest season of Beavis and Butthead is very very good. As good as the 2011 season and better than the original run. Admittedly though I haven't seen the newest film; my expectations are confused though, because like I said the newest season is great and very well-written, but I'm afraid it'll be like the Do America movie, which sucked absolute rear end.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Mike Judge returning to B&B also hits different because he's made a bunch of really successful projects since then.

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

Randallteal posted:

Mike Judge returning to B&B also hits different because he's made a bunch of really successful projects since then.

Which is just proof that he doesn't need to, isn't cashing in on this stupid TV nostalgia wave. It's more earnest, he wants to, which means he obviously cares enough about the show for it not to suck.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

caspergers posted:

Replying to this year-old post because I'm petty. But the newest season of Beavis and Butthead is very very good. As good as the 2011 season and better than the original run. Admittedly though I haven't seen the newest film; my expectations are confused though, because like I said the newest season is great and very well-written, but I'm afraid it'll be like the Do America movie, which sucked absolute rear end.

It’s good, OP.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

caspergers posted:

…but I'm afraid it'll be like the Do America movie, which sucked absolute rear end.

If that’s your reference level for “sucked rear end” I really need to watch the new B&B, drat.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Dewgy posted:

If that’s your reference level for “sucked rear end” I really need to watch the new B&B, drat.

Yeah, I'm sorry, Beavis and Butt-Head Do America was a masterpiece of 90s animation. What's this goon thinking saying it was bad?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I didn't like Beavis and Butthead Do America that much but the animation when they are tripping out in the desert whips rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Randallteal posted:

Although I like the new run of B&B, it's definitely different from the original run.

The original B&B worked because most of us were around their age, so we were also going to high school, and being forced to go through life, before the internet came in and changed us all. Sure, things did take a turn into the absurd, but that's how sitcoms work 90% of the time too.

In the new B&B, they've been plucked out of the 90's and dropped into the 2020's. Now they're the absurd part of it, it's different, but it works in the same way the Brady Bunch movie worked.