Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I gave several warnings about touching the poop and they weren't heeded. The sagas thread will be closed until further notice because of its inability to not go start poo poo in other parts of the forums.

Sagas is also not QCS. Feedback forum will be opening very soon, as in the next week soon.

Please do not post about sagas in this thread or anywhere else on the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

terrible snipe

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

rodbeard posted:

I'm pretty bummed out about what feels like a concentrated effort to drive out a lot of the posters I like from the community. You could have at least put some effort into making that thread for real.

i would like to echo rodbeard

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

BALLS DILDO posted:

terrible snipe

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Fluffdaddy posted:

I gave several warnings about touching the poop and they weren't heeded. The sagas thread will be closed until further notice because of its inability to not go start poo poo in other parts of the forums.

Sagas is also not QCS. Feedback forum will be opening very soon, as in the next week soon.

- the mod who closed it posted that it would be reopened temporarily and was only closed shortly. are you saying this has changed, and if so, why?

- this has been posted before. i am not sure if it is intentionally incorrect or what but some clarity on why users of the forum aren’t allowed to give feedback would be helpful. sorry this comes across as nonproductive and hostile but, idk, that’s kinda what that initial opening leads to

- ok is posting about posting not allowed? why not close this thread? real talk

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

If you want to give feedback feel free to send it to forumadmins@somethingawful.com

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
People have been asking for ages for QCS or something to be returned so that poo poo wouldn’t be in the Sagas thread, it would be nice if that were the case rather than punishing everyone as usual.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Fluffdaddy posted:

If you want to give feedback feel free to send it to forumadmins@somethingawful.com

OP when this was created it seemed like it was intended to be used for emergency situations that needed admin attention immediately like someone posting illegal poo poo. Using it dismissively like this makes it seem like just another complaint box lol.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Fluffdaddy posted:

this is literally a feedback thread

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

fun hater posted:

this is literally a feedback thread

For PYF outside of sagas. If you got some feedback related to pyf outside of sagas feel free to post it.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I give the people what they want: PYF Zoos, Museums, Aquariums, and Botanic Gardens https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4024725

Also this is a really dickheaded post but it’s nice to see immediate flippancy from the mods in the literally designated pyf feedback thread.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Feels Villeneuve posted:

OP when this was created it seemed like it was intended to be used for emergency situations that needed admin attention immediately like someone posting illegal poo poo. Using it dismissively like this makes it seem like just another complaint box lol.

ya my interpretation of that e-mail was very much a “break glass” situation, like self-harm threats or the like, not a “we have a filter to send these to the trash bin” e-mail.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Can I ask why SPR got removed as an IK?

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Kild posted:

no

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

rodbeard posted:

I'm pretty bummed out about what feels like a concentrated effort to drive out a lot of the posters I like from the community. You could have at least put some effort into making that thread for real.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

Perhaps you should be addressing the fact that there was poop to touch at all, and that it is literally your job to remove it, instead of getting rid of the people who kept pointing out the poop to you.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Kild posted:

check the lepers colony and extrapolate

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Kild posted:

Using their buttons outside of sagas to probe mods for no reason.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lady Radia posted:

ya my interpretation of that e-mail was very much a “break glass” situation, like self-harm threats or the like, not a “we have a filter to send these to the trash bin” e-mail.

In fact directing general complaints to the "alert the admins immediately" inbox is inviting it to get spammed by whoever is mad about a probation or something which kind of defeats the purpose of using it for any kind of priority for things which need immediate action. Fail move.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Fluffdaddy posted:

how have you all not collectively picked up on the pattern of mods/admin being aggressively and defensively wrong about something to their great shame and humiliation lol. or that when people from many different forums come together to complain about something specific, its an actual problem they want addressed. how are you all still doing this poo poo to yourselves lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fluffdaddy posted:

i dont believe there was no reason, just one disagreeable

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Fluffdaddy posted:

For PYF outside of sagas. If you got some feedback related to pyf outside of sagas feel free to post it.

i think the moderation on this subforum sucks.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Feels Villeneuve posted:

In fact directing general complaints to the "alert the admins immediately" inbox is inviting it to get spammed by whoever is mad about a probation or something which kind of defeats the purpose of using it for any kind of priority for things which need immediate action. Fail move.

it goes to /dev/null lmao

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Perhaps you should be addressing the fact that there was poop to touch at all, and that it is literally your job to remove it, instead of getting rid of the people who kept pointing out the poop to you.

if we get the bucket making GBS threads thread up and running then it'll be easier to remove as everyone hones their technique

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Fluffdaddy posted:

lmfao oh no. how many died?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

This is not QCS this is the PYF feedback thread. Quit making GBS threads it up. Any non PYF questions about other things can be sent to the email.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

helloiamyourheart disappeared really quickly huh.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Like I am not shitposting here, snidely saying "direct all complaints to the admin alert email" makes me think that inbox is just going to get ignored if someone is threatening other users or some poo poo, which has happened before

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Lady Radia posted:

previously the solution to situations like "we don't want to deal with interforum drama" was "take it to QCS"
with QCS closed there is no real place on the forums anymore for those complaints/discussions, but mods of individual subforums still (understandably) don't want to deal with that poo poo
as a result they're just pointing to the forumadmins email as sort of a last ditch catch-all for poo poo that should be Somebody Else's Problem in QCS

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Like I am not shitposting here, snidely saying "direct all complaints to the admin alert email" makes me think that inbox is just going to get ignored if someone is threatening other users or some poo poo, which has happened before

It's not supposed to be taken seriously. None of this is. The admins hate the users.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

We are speaking to everyone that has sent an email in the order they were sent.

This is the last thing I am typing about this for the night. Do not use this thread as mini qcs or you will be banned and 30d.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

On top of this I do not feel providing my actual feedback will be remotely worthwhile or valuable because the powers that be seem to view many of us with disdain at best and active hatred at worst

If this is not true then please do a better job of showing it

also can we have a thread for posting your favourite method of making GBS threads in a bucket. Usually I just squat over it but open to any new techniques, some big developments in the bucket making GBS threads community recently

In WCW Vince Russo was a on-screen presence as the head of “The powers that be” and this guy I think Sid Vicious kept calling the The Powers Of Be.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

fun hater posted:

lmfao oh no. how many died?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

does it count as qcs to say this was really heavy handed or is it pyf feedback because it happened here?

going to bed so I will find out how expensive this post was in the morning I guess

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

my feedback is that the mods and admins should continue to cater to the most deranged and unstable psychopaths on the forums and continue to ban and probe anyone who points out this may be a problem. :)

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

also genuinely asking if appealing the spr de-IK is allowed or not in this thread, considering it is PYF-related

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Is there a way to contact the admin email without using my personal email or creating a new one?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

My pyf feedback is that the mod here is one of the biggest cowards I've seen on these forums in a while and they should be replaced as soon as the admins can get around to it.

The user some plague rats would be really good for the job, they've been a great IK for a while.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

rodbeard posted:

Is there a way to contact the admin email without using my personal email or creating a new one?

you could text it from your phone, I guess. or a throwaway google number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fluffdaddy posted:

I hope so. I very genuinely (for what such a phrase means any more) that it is extremely not fair to not have a feedback forum.