Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

President Beep posted:

loadsamoney vs buggerallmoney

loadsamoney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i kind of agree that it sucks, i liked the flexibility of taking all kinds of classes, especially once i found a few professors i really liked. there are some upsides to a cohort model though, it would have been nice to be a little closer to some of the people in my major.

Cohorts for the core classes and open electives. Yeah it's nice to be able to pick your schedule, but to me the important thing is that students make friends and build the support networks that will carry them through their degree. It is a joy to see them forming social groups and hanging out with each other and joking about the professors.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Also literally half an hour ago I walked into the main office and a student was in there chatting to her friend about his clothes and she saw me and said "see, Professor Sagebrush has a good fit. You could dress like that."

So you know

🌶️

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

Also literally half an hour ago I walked into the main office and a student was in there chatting to her friend about his clothes and she saw me and said "see, Professor Sagebrush has a good fit. You could dress like that."

So you know

🌶️

it was an observation on how little effort it actually takes

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

post fit

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

hbag posted:

post fit

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush you can't talk about your fit and not post it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Until you provide evidence I choose to believe you look like the where's waldo guy from the goon fashion thread

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

PokeJoe posted:

Until you provide evidence I choose to believe you look like the where's waldo guy from the goon fashion thread
NEW GAME+ where's waldo guy

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

So you know

🌶️

sometimes a muumuu is the only good fit

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I like tootsie rolls and I cannot lie

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m allergic to real chocolate tho so

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

idk if im allergic but sometimes when i eat dairy products it feels like my esophagus is swelling or something. if i have an open cut on my lip it usually swells there too. i think i read somewhere it might be a gall bladder thing but idk

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I don’t have a gall bladder and I can assure you I did not have those symptoms before having it out

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i do have a gall bladder and i have no idea what it does. i guess that means its good at it

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

the shear gall of your posting !!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Beeftweeter posted:

i do have a gall bladder and i have no idea what it does. i guess that means its good at it

it makes soap for your intestinal contents, called bile

mystes
May 31, 2006

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Isn't that one of those discredited humor things? Sounds suspicious.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Sagebrush posted:

Cohorts for the core classes and open electives.

that's a good compromise

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah it's nice to be able to pick your schedule, but to me the important thing is that students make friends and build the support networks that will carry them through their degree. It is a joy to see them forming social groups and hanging out with each other and joking about the professors.

it's not the same, but i miss aspects of managing student workers that was close to this

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

bile messes me up on the regular, though if i don't have premade spaghetti sauce i'm usually ok. not sure exactly why..

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

bileproject

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

lol WEP made a santa cumjar

jesus WEP posted:

god loving christ

spent ages painting up these santas claus and putting them in mason jars to give to ppl, when i picked one up the ring on top snapped off and it dropped. fake snow all over the inside of the jar, paint scraped off the dude. gently caress.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

im too high to remember how i got to an ancient cjs from browsing the lastd 5 pages of the sci fi book thread but

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

long time no see! hope you’ve been well :)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

hbag posted:

my professor just said "ZOMG". twice. in a lecture

late but extremely lol that you’re paying UK tuition fees for this

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

President Beep posted:

candy corn, circus peanuts, bits o honey. all terrible.

wrong

wrong!

WRONG

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

all of you are wrong. none of you are free from sin

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

wrong

wrong!

WRONG

not my president

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

long time no see! hope you’ve been well :)

it has been down (got fired) and up (getting treatment!) and down (becoming broke while waiting for treatment) so im waiting for the up !

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

getting way too hard into audiobooks because i remembered the terrible but addictive bobiverse series was available on them. did books 2 - 4 and now nothing else is quite scratching my talking book itch.

Snow Crash was a guy droning on and on and i just could not care

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I thought you worked for a good collective or something, wtf??

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

alexandriao posted:

it has been down (got fired) and up (getting treatment!) and down (becoming broke while waiting for treatment) so im waiting for the up !

i will bless u with a post

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

sorry but that means a downer is next.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

President Beep posted:

sorry but that means a downer is next.

What a bummer.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

endlessmonotony posted:

What a bummer.

phew, a post from this dude, so things are looking up again

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:discourse:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

why did the tech bubble thread get nuked

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
read last page

a horror from the deep

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
hbag's accent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4oaGQ2POC8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

why did the tech bubble thread get nuked

lmao i think it was esr's personal musings again