Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

...So where's Devante getting traded to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

acidx posted:

Who just lets the best QB on their roster walk when they don't have a plan to replace him? Especially not even a year after they traded a first round pick and a second round pick for a 29 year old receiver. But now we have no answer at QB and are rebuilding? What a joke.

are you familiar with Josh McDaniels' work

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Black Lighter posted:

Carr's next team.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
Josh McDaniels and Mark Davis are definitely in the running for Dumbest Motherfuckers on the Planet

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
I’m glad the chargers have mostly avoided offseason drama but just y’all wait until they’re winning the offseason (again)

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Black Lighter posted:

.........Green Bay.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

a neat cape posted:

are you familiar with Josh McDaniels' work

Very. Him getting hired is karma for how hard I laughed when the raiders beat his broncos 59-14. I'm not allowed to have nice things.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Nervous posted:

.........Green Bay.

Jets!!!?!

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I can’t help but feel like the last minute Matt Patricia mention was there to soften this news.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1628796110322954248

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I think Vance Joseph will be adequate

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I think Vance Joseph will be adequate

I think he's a fine hire.

The other candidates for one reason or another I would have preferred as a person who hates the Broncos, so from my perspective at least it seems they did the right thing for them.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I was hoping for Patricia but Vance Joseph was my second pick.

Patrick should rack up some stats against the Broncos twice a year. Again.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I predict the Chargers will go 3-3 in division.

2 losses to KC by a combined 6 points
2 non convincing wins vs LV
A split with Denver because we always split with Denver

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

a neat cape posted:

I believe in the Chargers. Two losses to KC by a combined 4 points.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Strobe posted:

I believe in the Chargers. Two losses to KC by a combined 4 points.

Would be v chargers to lose both games to game ending safeties

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
One by a field goal in the 4th quarter, one by a go-ahead 2pt conversion in the final minute.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Pain

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

a neat cape posted:

Yeah, Herbert definitely has his chance to get his first actual win versus the Raiders this upcoming season.

Wonder if the NFL will continue to throw the kitchen sink at the Raiders like the past six Chargers games.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

sometimes things just make perfect sense

this guy sounds like a real winner

and, lol

I've read through almost every team rundown now and Coaches seem to only get a mention by name when it's very positive, just really stands out with McDaniels getting the opposite

The337th fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 1, 2023

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1631666259619201032

Well that was a dumb trade, if true.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Isn't that account wrong about everything

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Isn't that account wrong about everything
I have no idea but I tend to be skeptical about rumors from Twitter in general. Only reason I posted it at all is because I have no idea how they're going to realistically get under cap without making some sort of major move.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's not like they got it from nowhere

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1629236740715171844

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

I have no idea but I tend to be skeptical about rumors from Twitter in general. Only reason I posted it at all is because I have no idea how they're going to realistically get under cap without making some sort of major move.

Feiler and Hopkins are gonna be cut, and I would assume some combo of Mack, Bosa, Linsley, and Keenan will be restructured.

I really doubt they made that trade for Mack for just a one year rental

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Feiler and Hopkins are gonna be cut, and I would assume some combo of Mack, Bosa, Linsley, and Keenan will be restructured.

I really doubt they made that trade for Mack for just a one year rental
Will that be enough to generate about 30 to 35 million in space?

It looks like they need 20 to just get out of the hole. Probably another 10 for rookies and in season IR replacements and I'd expect a Herbert extension is coming.

Most of it will be later but I figure there will probably be some sort of early blip for any signing bonus.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Will that be enough to generate about 30 to 35 million in space?

It looks like they need 20 to just get out of the hole. Probably another 10 for rookies and in season IR replacements and I'd expect a Herbert extension is coming.

Most of it will be later but I figure there will probably be some sort of early blip for any signing bonus.

Extensions for Michael Davis, Herbert, and Ek will probably let then spread some money our.

I dunno I'm not good at Cap stuff

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

being a good cap understander is a fool's errand if you root for a franchise prone to making inane decisions at all times, can't recommend it

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
The Chargers can just convert salary to signing bonuses and add some void years for two players and would have plenty of cap space. The cap isn't real. They don't need to cut anyone.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

If you have the cash, yes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/ArrowheadReport/status/1634239537244192773

Still think (just from stats and winning a super bowl) he had an old timey type HoF case. Just since no one was catching passes back then. :rip: to a guy Jack Del Rio's dumbass mistook for a replacement player and got in a fight with in 1987 12 years after he had retired.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

LiquidFriend posted:

If you have the cash, yes.

Narrator's voice: "Turns out, they had the cash to kick the can down the road for another year."

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Jimmy G to Da Raidas feels like a sidegrade. I’m whelmed by this news.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

waffle enthusiast posted:

It's a downgrade, OP.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
AFC West QBs: You Choose

Toughest Call in Football

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Justin Herbert no longer the sexiest QB in the division.

Also Jimmy G living in Vegas seems like there is some inherent risk there

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

MrLogan posted:

It's a downgrade, OP.

Oh. Sweet.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

waffle enthusiast posted:

Streetworkers of Vegas would not agree.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
It's a slight downgrade, but you're paying him 22mil a year compared to Carr's 40 mil. If you can get 2 starters with the money saved for similar production its a win.

I don't mind it, I think it's the least bad move. His injury history is concerning though

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

It's a slight downgrade, but you're paying him 22mil a year compared to Carr's 40 mil. If you can get 2 starters with the money saved for similar production its a win.

I don't mind it, I think it's the least bad move. His injury history is concerning though

22m at the rate Jimmy gets injured works out to like 3m per game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Ah, Blitz has talked him himself into this the same way I did.

"At least we still get to draft Tyree Wilson this way."