Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I want to be a fly on the wall for the moment they learn their kids want nothing to do with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

haveblue posted:

I want to be a fly on the wall for the moment they learn their kids want nothing to do with this

we have several lonny kids reaching that age range soon, so be ready for each one to treat him like he treats his father :getin:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

you think he's sensitive now, wait until RGB512 wants a normal last name

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm pretty sure that "secular calvinism" is just a rebranding of "social darwinism"

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

mystes posted:

I'm pretty sure that "secular calvinism" is just a rebranding of "eugenicist"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mystes posted:

I'm pretty sure that "secular calvinism" is just a rebranding of "social darwinism"

exactly. calvinism is predestination- people have already been tagged as good or bad by god and nothing you do on earth can change this. the secular version just replaces god with genes, specifically mine

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

qirex posted:

I am keenly aware it's a rotten argument to its core I just don't get the point of it other than casual racism, it's infuriatingly nonsensical and I also don't get why so many valley tech weenises believe in it

the point is racism. it inherently won't ever make sense to you because you are not a racist. it's like being infuriated that you can't understand why dogs eat poop.

they would be perfectly happy for society to continue along at a sub-replacement rate as long as the only people having babies were white couples. what makes them mad is that there are, at least in their minds, more nonwhite babies being born than white ones. (and especially that white women are having babies with Those People).

everything else, including the eugenic social darwinist meritocratic secular calvinist idea that it's just about promoting The Best Genes Such As Braininess And Certainly Nothing Else, is a fig leaf. they all know it, too.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

also i know it's rude to comment on a lady's looks but both of these people are comically bad examples of supposedly superior genetics. and those glasses are ugly as poo poo

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

they literally look like the lovely plastic glasses in a $20 harry potter custume

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

they probably are made by an italian or japanese boutique and cost like $1500

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Sure, Luxottica is Italian

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

jfc this couple

quote:

Before she met Malcolm, Simone was convinced she wanted to live her life single and child-free. But when she was 24, she decided to have her heart broken once just to say she'd done it. As she does with all her goals, she created a system: She made a profile on OKCupid, where a picture of her dressed as a Stormtrooper in a sultry pose was catnip for the nerds of Silicon Valley, and rated her dates out of 50. After a string of 16s, Malcolm scored a 42. She made him promise to break up with her after four months. "I resent being in love with him," she said. "I was so disturbed when I fell for him."

A year and a half later, Malcolm proposed to her via a viral campaign that landed on the front page of Reddit.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
imagine finding someone so perfectly suited to you.

truly, they deserve each other

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I don’t remember that Silicon Valley episode, was that the VC lady?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yes, they're both sociopaths. It's nice (?) that they found each other

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's like a fairy tale

i mean that in the sense of traditional fairy tales

mystes
May 31, 2006

BMan posted:

jfc this couple
I don't have any issue with them being the way they are around each other and I don't even really care if they post weird eugenicists screeds online or whatever, but I'm a little concerned for their children especially if their stated goal is to have as many children as possible

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
hey those quiverfull christian nutjobs kids all turned out fine right

right

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

mystes posted:

I don't have any issue with them being the way they are around each other and I don't even really care if they post weird eugenicists screeds online or whatever, but I'm a little concerned for their children especially if their stated goal is to have as many children as possible

The problem is that they are literally puppets of Peter Thiel and his ilk (like, actual documented financial and social connections) and their dream is to replace schools with schools for only kids of parents like them (rich, Good Genes) and workhouses for the rest. this cohort has a shitload of deeply rooted financial, social and legislative power, and it should be all of our sworn duties to give them swirlies and pants them at EVERY possible opportunity

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

bob dobbs is dead posted:

hey those quiverfull christian nutjobs kids all turned out fine right

right

i actually know a few sons of one of these families who are alright. they also live 9 time zones away from their parents and are completely nonreligious afaik

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/SpotifyNews/status/1628394585532555264

they're rolling out an AI DJ that will deliver custom radio DJ chatter for you, using text-to-speech

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

also i'm morbidly curious to hear what he thinks the "fatal flaws in the woke mind virus" are, or if he can even articulate them coherently at all, cuz i'm betting he can't and just has never been forced to actually think about it as a whole instead of as piecemeal reactionary nuggets

the fatal flaw in the woke mind virus is that it makes people tell me "no"

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Pinterest Mom posted:

they're rolling out an AI DJ that will deliver custom radio DJ chatter for you, using text-to-speech

Wow wonder how much they're going to charge you to deactivate that feature in three years.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Pinterest Mom posted:

https://twitter.com/SpotifyNews/status/1628394585532555264

hot dog! we have a weiner!

hey hey hey how about that weather out there

those clowns in congress did it again. what a bunch of clowns

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
gonna start sieg heiling 17 hours after release

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

gonna start sieg heiling 17 hours after release

gooooooddddd mooorrrrnning silicon valley it's 7am and it's time for the race war here on 1488fm!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

gooooooddddd mooorrrrnning silicon valley it's 7am and it's time for the race war here on 1488fm!

"it's night time, i live in new york and this is streaming over the internet"

*wacky sound effects* oooohhh looks like someone's got a case of "the days". well maybe i don't feel like playing music, to-day

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Sagebrush posted:

also i know it's rude to comment on a lady's looks but both of these people are comically bad examples of supposedly superior genetics. and those glasses are ugly as poo poo

I think it’s fine to make fun of these people honestly on any axis you choose.

The tests they performed also provided a risk score for autism, a diagnosis Simone herself has received, which they decided not to take into account. Simone compared her autism to a "fine-tuned race car

right

The Collinses worry that the overlap between the types of people deciding not to have children with the part of the population that values things like gay rights, education for women, and climate activism — traits they believe are genetically coded — is so great that these values could ultimately disappear.

ie they saw idiocracy

The Collinses said that some potential investors backed out of their search fund when they learned about their plans to have children. Determined to prove them wrong, she said, she even took sales calls during labor.

"She hates when people say you can't have it all," Malcolm told me.

healthy

The logic behind the Collins Institute reflects their thinking at large: "If you want to make the future better for everyone and you could choose to dramatically increase the educational outcomes of the bottom 10% of people or the top 0.1% of people," the Collinses say to choose the 0.1%.

we aren’t eugenicists though.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
those people are loving insane

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
eugenicists with diagnosed mental disorders. amazing. clayton bigsby-level.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
also the article is just them failing to get funding over and over for their terrible ideas

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

why do they need funding, I thought they were just going to overwhelm the earth with exponential growth

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BMan posted:

why do they need funding, I thought they were just going to overwhelm the earth with exponential growth

I think they're trying to fund some subset of the genetic testing/IVF 2.0 services the article describes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

BMan posted:

they want to run $100k/year grade schools for their little 0.1 percenter children that you have to be a mensa member to join

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

Determined to prove them wrong, she said, she even took sales calls during labor.

these morons always act like it's hard to send email during your kid's baseball game or skip their birthday party to work on a saturday but it's actually very easy to do. you just have to be a brain dead dipshit to think it's a good idea

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

they want to run $100k/year grade schools for their little 0.1 percenter children that you have to be a mensa member to join

ooo wait I remember this one

https://youtu.be/B1lfgrs2sKM

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jrockandrollt/status/1627069729373589504

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

this is the future you idiots asked for

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I've never met any kind of electronic faucet that wasn't a huge piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
[drake disapproving] my radio turns on my faucet???

[drake approving] my faucet has a secret remote control feature!!!