Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Gnossiennes posted:

audi 5000, time for lunch

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

bump_fn posted:

durian doesn’t smell as bad as everyone makes it sound but it definitely doesn’t smell good

It both smells and tastes awful

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hi gay I'm dad

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
dorian gay

imagine the smell

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

smells like sql

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

PokeJoe posted:

It both smells and tastes awful

It tastes and smells like a cross between mango and onions

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
mangonions you say

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

i said it

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

despite no Bruce tickets I am getting some to see Jinkx Monsoon, my fave drag queen

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
https://youtu.be/0FlA5w78Pkg

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Armitag3 posted:

i get that, just feels iffy is all. i’ll also trust that hbag is not a crypto homophobe

im bisexual yeah

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Armitag3 posted:

It tastes and smells like a cross between mango and onions

i think it taste a little bit like sweetened garlic and feet smell but mango and onion aint far off either

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the portrait of durian gay

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

i think it taste a little bit like sweetened garlic and feet smell but mango and onion aint far off either

lol one of my favorite infinite steamed hams was where skinner just absolutely refused to acknowledge that feet can have a particular smell

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

CHALMERS: it smells like feet in here
SKINNER: that's impossible feet don't have a smell. besides the kitchen is on fire

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

cls: i looked at the doctor who wiki and apparently the current state of the books is that the tardis is now a half human woman who gives birth to more tardises... sexually.

:psyduck:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Beeftweeter posted:

CHALMERS: it smells like feet in here
SKINNER: that's impossible feet don't have a smell. besides the kitchen is on fire

hes right. foot smell is from bacteria living on the foot, hth

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

how can feet smell, they ain't got no nose!!!!!!

mystes
May 31, 2006

alexandriao posted:

hes right. foot smell is from bacteria living on the foot, hth
That's got to be up there with "the sky isn't really blue"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Armitag3 posted:

not a huge fan of the wonderbreadiest people tut-tutting hbag for playing a bit in the space they identify with tbh

Not sure what you mean by this. Can you explain?

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

mystes posted:

That's got to be up there with "the sky isn't really blue"

no the sky is blue. look and see

properly maintained feet do not have the bacteria that produces that smell, nor any fungal growth, and so should just smell of sweat at worst.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

quiggy posted:

how can feet smell, they ain't got no nose!!!!!!

If your nose runs and your feet smell, you might be upside-down!! 🤣🤣🤣

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

the sky is also blue on mars

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

got some tickets for the boss
Sec 202, Row 2, Seat 23
Sec 202, Row 2, Seat 24
Sec 202, Row 2, Seat 25

they started popping up live - i guess people either cancelled or their CC cancelled it

lower bowl, upper level opposite stage - will be fine

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I spent most of my day fixing what turned out to be a Timezone bug

why does everyone suck at remembering time zones?!?!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

got some tickets for the boss

lower bowl, upper level opposite stage - will be fine

I was more excited that you got great seats for a hockey game but Springsteen is cool too

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

hehe, i haven't been to an nhl game yet this year. the two Canucks games came around christmas and new years. plus i was starting a new tattoo sleeve so funds for that just weren't available

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Dear Adobe customer,

We've noticed you have not logged in to your Adobe account in more than a year. In keeping with our policies, we are contacting you to let you know your Adobe ID will expire 90 days from now. If you take no action within the next 90 days, your Adobe ID will no longer be valid, you will no longer have access to content you may have stored on our servers and this account will be closed.

:cawg::cawg::cawg::cawg::cawg:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cjs: just survived a RIF seemingly out of nowhere

i loving hate how it's dropped suddenly on the poor bastards. was in an ordinary, every day morning standup call at 9am, one of my coworkers had an ordinary status update; at 10am he was gone, out of zoom and out of the mail servers

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

prefect posted:

Dear Adobe customer,

We've noticed you have not logged in to your Adobe account in more than a year. In keeping with our policies, we are contacting you to let you know your Adobe ID will expire 90 days from now. If you take no action within the next 90 days, your Adobe ID will no longer be valid, you will no longer have access to content you may have stored on our servers and this account will be closed.

:cawg::cawg::cawg::cawg::cawg:

someone put in a ticket about that

i said ignore it lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

i loving hate how it's dropped suddenly on the poor bastards. was in an ordinary, every day morning standup call at 9am, one of my coworkers had an ordinary status update; at 10am he was gone, out of zoom and out of the mail servers

on the bright side, that ought to put your work anxiety and imposter syndrome to rest for a while :)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

cjs: finally i have mastered this ci yaml

now time to pr and has some staff tell me that i need to do it entirely differently since we want to change how we manage process and this seems like a good time to start

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

:smith::hf::smith:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

on the bright side, that ought to put your work anxiety and imposter syndrome to rest for a while :)
there IS that - no less than 3 managers personally assured me I've got nothing to worry about

probably because no one else has any loving idea how to maintain this LogLib piece of poo poo or is willing to run, or how to maintain this busted rear end CI setup :v: but hey I'll take it

goddamned shame, though. he was a good dude, and a good performer. sucks having to lose him, among all the others

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

speaking of busted rear end CI setups, cjs: testing out converting our Jenkins pipelines to run on gcloud k8s agents and I am just completely loving overwhelmed. no surprise really, i'm coming in with next to zero familiarity with anything gcloud or kubernetes so i got a lot of poo poo to learn

current puzzle: i guess k8s pods can't really do docker-in-docker stuff so some of these pipelines pretty much have to be rewritten from scratch. argh

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ciaphas posted:

my computer was broken halfway through the 10 minute zoom call with my manager

they love doing it

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

that's terrifying and also horrible :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
A Management-Involved Reduction in Force.