Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/SketchesbyBoze/status/1628187803438784512

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol thank you this was helpful

:wrong: it was runk

we were both wrong and equally as close.

QUACKTASTIC posted:

was the grunk there?
lol

thanks everyone

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i want to print this on a placard and rant while waving it at passersby angrily

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/thingskatedid/status/1370862460735868928

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

these are the writings of the utterly deranged

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

these are the writings of the utterly deranged
yospos, bihtc

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
true, a string is an array :smugdog:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
where’s the null terminator :kingsley:

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

grunk was the cleanroom rewrite of runk, released under the GPL

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Fart Sandwiches posted:

where’s the null terminator :kingsley:

hang on, I can’t tell if this is a null terminator or just utf-8 glyph 0

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/natlparkservice/status/1628815776168673281?s=46&t=rWfuSVpwt6oRcXfrskveAA

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
sound advice imo

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

PROTIP:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lol

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
I'm still salty about how you had to do everything in Yellowstone before 10am or after 4pm if you wanted to be able to park at all.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i went to yellowstone in the middle of july once and it was surprisingly not that crowded

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
thanks, jack handey

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

PokeJoe posted:

i went to yellowstone in the middle of july once and it was surprisingly not that crowded

I went late July and it was wall to wall tourist buses.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i assume you have to hike precisely far enough for the car park to be out of sight and you’re by yourself again

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

jesus WEP posted:

i assume you have to hike precisely far enough for the car park to be out of sight and you’re by yourself again

Yeah, that's just more difficult in Yellowstone since you're not really allowed to free-roam where the cool stuff is.

This wisdom is better for "Tier 2" famous places like Sequoia.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

jesus WEP posted:

yeah pretty much true of every park there is

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

a few uhhhh months ago? my gf and i went to a pretty big lake while on a little vacation and walked down the only trail there was to the side of the parking area/beach. we ate some mushrooms and dicked around on the beach for hours and for the entire day only 1 other group hiked down that trail. it was only like half a mile

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

MrQueasy posted:

Yeah, that's just more difficult in Yellowstone since you're not really allowed to free-roam where the cool stuff is.

This wisdom is better for "Tier 2" famous places like Sequoia.

i went on a school trip to yellowstone when i was a kid and some of us got up really really early in the morning to hike with a ranger out to see a huge geyser that only exploded like once every 7 years. that was something cool in yellowstone that i did.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

https://twitter.com/generic_void/status/1627928757922316288

lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

snake charming is a low to mid level skill imo. there are some extremely excellent snake wizards out there but they are few and far between. beware meaningful whitespace

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

the only reason anyone still pays attention to python is pandas and numpy and all the adjacent ML/Big Data poo poo

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

pypi is fun to say though

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

python is fine. just fine, not great.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

wanna do some stupid bullshit?
snake it up.

wanna make a ProductTM?
Don't do it

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus
just want to point out that this economist who is mad at python mentions in another post that they would rather use stata instead (lol)

one time i took a econometrics class and the professor wanted us to shell out 500 real american dollars for an obscure piece of software called RATS, just for that class (hella lol)

do not listen to economist opinions about software (or about economics)

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

the snake don't break

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

PokeJoe posted:

python is fine.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

its option-2

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

MrQueasy posted:

I went late July and it was wall to wall tourist buses.

The best time to visit Yellowstone is in February when it's -40. The place is empty and you see every geyser in the park every time it erupts because the water turns into a crystal fountain.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
python is bad

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Python is a B+ at everything language. There's always a better choice but it's different in every case so you can either do pretty well by just learning Python or spend a lot of time learning other languages to get better at individual tasks. Lots of self-described Python programmers are pretty bad though.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
Python is the best glue language

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/UtilityLimb/status/126780301211992064?t=EYRwS3CaAeOGEYcRBEnZ9A&s=19

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
truly one of the greats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Shaggar posted:

python is bad

if you use python to make something your end users have to deal with python distribution installation bullshit. do not inflict python to your end users