Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
EDF owns and I need 6 already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Disposable Scud posted:

EDF owns and I need 6 already.

Im like "how they gonna top the jiggle toads?!?!"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Bloodstained on free play this weekend is a pretty fun metroidvania.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder how you go up from murdering God

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

welcome posted:

I haven't trusted goons since they recommended EDF, but it sounds like reading the game's description right next to the download button might have solved your problem.

EDF is pretty great, though there is a curve. Did you play it by yourself? It's a million times more fun with local co-op. Also there's an impostor one done by a western studio, called EDF: Iron Rain or something and it misses the point IIRC.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

Bloodstained on free play this weekend is a pretty fun metroidvania.

meh, I've tried it so many times and even fully-patched and updated, it's still janky as poo poo.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

SpiderLink posted:

EDF is pretty great, though there is a curve. Did you play it by yourself? It's a million times more fun with local co-op. Also there's an impostor one done by a western studio, called EDF: Iron Rain or something and it misses the point IIRC.

It was Insect Armageddon which I think was the imposter one, and people told me after the fact I should have known better, so I said okay and played something else.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Quantum of Phallus posted:

meh, I've tried it so many times and even fully-patched and updated, it's still janky as poo poo.

Really? I haven't noticed anything. I just got to my hub place tho. Looks pretty.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I played it on PC and even when it plays smoothly it's just extremely mid. I wouldn't recommend anyone touch Bloodstained until they've played every post-SotN Castlevania. Fire up Aria of Sorrow on a GBA emulator.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

That's fair, but also, there aren't that many of those. Won't take long to go through them. Bloodstained is good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

welcome posted:

It was Insect Armageddon which I think was the imposter one, and people told me after the fact I should have known better, so I said okay and played something else.

This sounds like a personal problem op

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

To Bloodstain's credit, they added an in-game randomizer, which more games should be doing, when applicable.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Bloodstained is pretty ugly but it still has those Iga hooks. I think my favorite part was the food system that provided permanent upgrades so it made seeking out ingredients and recipes pretty satisfying.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

why does 2023 have not one but two sensual refrigerators

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
stupid sexy hi-fi rush fridge with the abs!

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lmao stupid loving atomic heart has a bug where you can’t pick up the neuromodules you get from beating boss enemies. This means you’re locked out from certain upgrades.

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 25, 2023

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Scuba Trooper posted:

why does 2023 have not one but two sensual refrigerators

Hopefully we'll get a third before the year's out.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Omon Ra posted:

Ok, let me be real for a second. I downloaded the game Far because someone recommended it here, but it's not about rafts. It's some dumb platformer like Limbo. I was hoping for something like Flame in the Flood. This is the first time goons have steered me wrong, and I'm disappointed.

The poster literally wrote Limbo in their description of the game though lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fanatic posted:

Lmao

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Maybe they thought the poster meant the fun party game version of limbo, under a stick and such

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fanatic posted:

lol

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
limbo is fun bros

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

ZeeBoi posted:

lmao stupid loving atomic heart has a bug where you can’t pick up the neuromodules you get from beating boss enemies. This means you’re locked out from certain upgrades.

Apparently this is an Xbox exclusive bug, supposedly it doesn't happen on the PS version.

The game has a lot of things like that in the Xbox version only, kinda sucks hard.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

Fanatic posted:

Fair point, I admit I didn't fully read it, really I just saw a picture of a raft.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Losing my will to live with my Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2. Connection drops are ridiculous, though the sound quality is good.

Going to return them to Amazon - any recommendations for the Xbox Series X that are of comparable price and quality, but are more reliable? In the UK if that's relevant.

I haven't had those problems with the 700 Gen 2s, but I also have the official Xbox Wireless Headset and like it quite a bit to the point I haven't used the Turtle Beach one in a while. It's not perfect but I like the dial controls and dual wireless connections.

I would check the Turtle Beach app on your phone and see if there's a firmware update for the 700 Gen 2 or something first, though, if you haven't yet done so.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Zerot posted:

I haven't had those problems with the 700 Gen 2s, but I also have the official Xbox Wireless Headset and like it quite a bit to the point I haven't used the Turtle Beach one in a while. It's not perfect but I like the dial controls and dual wireless connections.

I would check the Turtle Beach app on your phone and see if there's a firmware update for the 700 Gen 2 or something first, though, if you haven't yet done so.

I had to send back my Xbox wireless headset because the mic stem broke. Firmware is up to date on the 700 Gen 2.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Combat in Atomic Heart vs regular robots:
If you fight crouched, all stun attacks will miss you. And most normal attacks will go over your head :shepface:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Omon Ra posted:

Fair point, I admit I didn't fully read it, really I just saw a picture of a raft.

All good. :) They probably could've summarised the gameplay loop as you basically sail from left to right, picking up scrap along the way (to feed the furnace) and stopping at roadblocks where you do a puzzle to unlock a new piece to the raft.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Apparently an Xbox version of Baldur's Gate 3 is in development, but they're having trouble getting split screen working right on the weaker Xbox Series S which is preventing them from being able to release at the same time as other platforms, and may prevent it from releasing on Xbox entirely if they can't find a way to get it working well.

https://kotaku.com/baldur-s-gate-3-ps5-release-date-exclusivity-series-s-1850157922

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

series s is a big and constant fail for us x owners

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Fanatic posted:

All good. :) They probably could've summarised the gameplay loop as you basically sail from left to right, picking up scrap along the way (to feed the furnace) and stopping at roadblocks where you do a puzzle to unlock a new piece to the raft.

Stuff on my boat keeps sparking and that circuit breaker or whatever keeps popping out and I don't know how to make it stop so my boat sputters out every few seconds.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Get owned by us S owners.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Guillermus posted:

Combat in Atomic Heart vs regular robots:
If you fight crouched, all stun attacks will miss you. And most normal attacks will go over your head :shepface:

This is actually close to real life lol

quote:

Two Marines, according to the book, somersaulted for 300 meters to approach the sensor. Another pair hid under a cardboard box.

“You could hear them giggling the whole time,” said Root in the book.

One Marine stripped a fir tree and held it in front of him as he approached the sensor. In the end, while the artificial intelligence knew how to identify a person walking, that was pretty much all it knew because that was all it had been modeled to detect.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

I have a series s and I propose a compromise: replace all characters in baldurs gate 3 with mii's I can generate and share on my wintendo switch, Xbox' best friend and partner

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Snake has already proven numerous times that the cardboard box works for infiltration.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The devs don't actually say it's because of the Series S, apparently it's both SX and SS that have the splitscreen issue. It's mostly Twitter randos that have been saying this, and gaming "journalism" ran away with it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

:lmao: this rules

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

univbee posted:

Apparently an Xbox version of Baldur's Gate 3 is in development, but they're having trouble getting split screen working right on the weaker Xbox Series S which is preventing them from being able to release at the same time as other platforms, and may prevent it from releasing on Xbox entirely if they can't find a way to get it working well.

https://kotaku.com/baldur-s-gate-3-ps5-release-date-exclusivity-series-s-1850157922

Why does this game need split screen?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

My girlfriend wanted to play this new Harry Potter game but it wasn't available for One S. So my friend lent me his Xbox One X except the game can't be bought for this console either because apparently it's not the same as an Xbox Series X so now I have to get one of those, which you still can't find anywhere 2 years after its release and you have to purchase it in a bundle with a racing game, all so we can play this lovely game by an idiot transphobe

Gaming is dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You can just get a series S those are pretty easy to find