Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Docjowles posted:

God upgrading from Mariota to Lamar would take Atlanta from the most boring team in the league to must see tv.

They were surprisingly entertaining with Mariota. Which is not to say good, but just way better than I thought they'd be on offense. Pretty watchable.

In the imaginary world where this could happen plug Lamar in and you're cooking with some gas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

Hurts just almost won a Super Bowl while Jackson has one postseason win and is coming off two consecutive mediocre and injury riddled seasons.

I get the talent disparity between the two offenses but I'm going to still go with the arrow up guy. It's close.

Has Lamar ever faced an opponent as easy as that Giants or 49ers team in the playoffs though?

I mean looking at it another way, Hurts couldn't get it done with the best oline, two absurd receivers along with a stacked defense. There's a reasonable case to ask if Hurts is actually really that good or was he just on what was possibly the most talented team in the league.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kalli posted:

Has Lamar ever faced an opponent as easy as that Giants or 49ers team in the playoffs though?

I mean looking at it another way, Hurts couldn't get it done with the best oline, two absurd receivers along with a stacked defense. There's a reasonable case to ask if Hurts is actually really that good or was he just on what was possibly the most talented team in the league.

I think Hurts is a little carried by the rest of the offensive roster, HOWEVER he wasn't the reason they didn't win against KC. Although I guess you could argue that he is because of that fumble-6 but their defense played atrocious

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

That defense didn't really show up in the biggest game though.

Field conditions were a factor obviously. It was almost like a snow game in the Super Bowl in freaking Arizona, the offense knows which direction they're going and the defense has to react and you can't do that while you're slipping all over the place.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Hurts's Super Bowl performance was superb, though. He lost because of that supposedly stacked defense. Jackson's never had the kind of receivers Hurts has, but he's usually had a good line and an elite tight end and his postseason numbers are ghastly.

I'm not down on Jackson and think he'll regain his 2020 form away from Roman and with real receivers. But like, if we're talking about the very best QBs in the league, Jackson's injury history and lack of postseason success is the bigger flag to me than the unlikely possibility that Hurts is a system QB.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

fsif posted:

Hurts's Super Bowl performance was superb, though. He lost because of that supposedly stacked defense. Jackson's never had the kind of receivers Hurts has, but he's usually had a good line and an elite tight end and his postseason numbers are ghastly.

I'm not down on Jackson and think he'll regain his 2020 form away from Roman and with real receivers. But like, if we're talking about the very best QBs in the league, Jackson's injury history and lack of postseason success is the bigger flag to me than the unlikely possibility that Hurts is a system QB.

Did you actually watch the Superbowl? Hurts was not good.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

That's right, I make 10,000 posts a year on a football forum but don't watch the Super Bowl.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Lamar also had a bad to trash OL for 2 of the last 3 years so not sure if he watches the Ravens too

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

fsif posted:

That's right, I make 10,000 posts a year on a football forum but don't watch the Super Bowl.

I'm trying to think of another reason that someone would think Hurts had a good game other than not actually watching the game and just looking at the box score.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

MrLogan posted:

Hurts was good in the super bowl. The conspiracy against the raiders showed you a different game

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

you may knock on him for durability issues but if healthy and not throwing to a pile of trash Lamar is decidely not a "Dak level franchise QB"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MrLogan posted:

what are you talking about lol. he did have a terrible turnover but other than that he was awesome and they would've probably won if he had gotten the ball back

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mcmagic posted:

he did have a terrible turnover

Also Mahomes had almost the exact same turnover in the AFC Championship game, he just got lucky enough to survive it.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99-9i7tAtE

Example of a terrible throw by Hurts. He had several like this. Getting bailed out by a great catch or a DB falling down doesn't make it a good throw.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MrLogan posted:

Example of a terrible throw by Hurts. He had several like this. Getting bailed out by a great catch or a DB falling down doesn't make it a good throw.
How many QBs puts 55 air yards on the ball and has it in a better spot?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MrLogan posted:

This throw was very good!

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Now you guys are just doing an elaborate troll.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

fsif posted:

Hurts's Super Bowl performance was superb, though. He lost because of that supposedly stacked defense.

he did spot KC seven tbf. he played a very good game

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MrLogan posted:

Now you guys are just doing an elaborate troll.

Rich take.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Ravens are gonna Kirk Cousins/LeVeon Bell themselves out of an MVP QB

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I thought I understood MrLogan’s bit but this “Jalen Hurts actually sucks wicked bad” angle is making me question everything.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Docjowles posted:

I thought I understood MrLogan’s bit but this “Jalen Hurts actually sucks wicked bad” angle is making me question everything.

I actually watch football instead of just paying attention to fanty numbers.

Jalen Hurts doesn't suck. He just didn't have a good game in the Superbowl (box score aside).

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

As fsif said, if you think a bunch of huge football dweebs didn’t also watch the Super Bowl closely and are only looking at fantasy points I don’t know what to tell you

You’re welcome to your take but having also watched The Big Game Hurts was loving nails outside of that one extremely regrettable fumble

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MrLogan posted:

Log out of your parachute account Doltos

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
With each donald trump appearance, Logan grows stronger and stronger

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Amy Pole Her posted:

With each donald trump appearance, Logan grows stronger and stronger

MrLogan for POTUS

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MrLogan posted:

I swear to god, every time I watch any Eagles footage all I can think about is how I would literally kill a man to give Justin Fields the same kind of protection Hurts gets

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

xbilkis posted:

I swear to god, every time I watch any Eagles footage all I can think about is how I would literally kill a man to give Justin Fields the same kind of protection Hurts gets

Same. Josh Allen would be so stacked w that line

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lamar has won an mvp and the best player he's ever had to throw to is mark Andrews

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

as a fan who found it risky to be ditching a QB at Carr's level, it's confusing watching Raven's fans try to find the silver lining of their team voluntarily entering the no-QB wilderness over paying Lamar

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

The337th posted:

as a fan who found it risky to be ditching a QB at Carr's level, it's confusing watching Raven's fans try to find the silver lining of their team voluntarily entering the no-QB wilderness over paying Lamar

They are at the bargaining stage of grief. Mentally preparing yourself for the worst possible outcome is normal. When the Bears drafted Trubisky, I spent the next year telling lying to myself that it was gonna be okay.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

Lamar has won an mvp and the best player he's ever had to throw to is mark Andrews

He threw for a whopping 3100 yards that year.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

No Butt Stuff posted:

And he ran for 1200

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

what a disingenuous post

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

No Butt Stuff posted:

Jameis Winston once threw for 5100 yards.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

This is doing him a disservice, he threw for much more than 5100 yards. Some of them just went the other way.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Grittybeard posted:

This is doing him a disservice, he threw for much more than 5100 yards. Some of them just went the other way.

Wouldn't they go against him? So like 4500 yards?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

wandler20 posted:

And it was maybe pound for pound the most entertaining qb season ever :colbert:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 27, 2023

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Mystic Stylez posted:

what a disingenuous post

It was in direct response about what players he’s had to throw to. I’m well aware that a huge part of his game is his ability to make plays with his legs and it’s a huge part of why he was able to win the MVP.

Quit looking for reasons to be mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

No Butt Stuff posted:

Quit looking for reasons to be mad.

Never