Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I’ve watched this like 6 times today lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

well sure but for some reason i think jones uses a lot of google services

e: genuinely curious btw, not a call-out

the only one i use is gmail. opera is a weirdo also-ran that was awful the last time i checked (admittedly it's been a long time) and all the others (brave etc) are hosed up grifts. iirc chromium is a pain to use wrt. extensions and all that, but i had forgotten it existed and will check it out before dehumanizing and facing to microsoft - thank you for the reminder!

but yeah "real actual support" is the main reason.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Achmed Jones posted:

the only one i use is gmail. opera is a weirdo also-ran that was awful the last time i checked (admittedly it's been a long time) and all the others (brave etc) are hosed up grifts. iirc chromium is a pain to use wrt. extensions and all that, but i had forgotten it existed and will check it out before dehumanizing and facing to microsoft - thank you for the reminder!

but yeah "real actual support" is the main reason.

ahh i see. i have no idea if opera is any good either, i just remember they switched over to using blink also

i haven't used it in months but chromium works pretty well ime. it's not that hard to install extensions, afaict the process is basically the same as chrome

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

depending on how you choose to view it, edge is chrome with all the google spyware stripped out, or edge is chromium with the support of real developers at a real company. it's good

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
aren't you just trading google spyware for ms spyware though

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
people trust microsoft more than google now, which i think says a lot more about google than microsoft

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

infernal machines posted:

people trust microsoft more than google now, which i think says a lot more about google than microsoft

i mean, microsoft relentlessly tracks what you do too, there is an absolute crapload of telemetry in windows 10+

i don't trust either company :shrug:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
ive been using vivaldi and it's ok. doesn't really like it if you have lots of tabs tho

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what's it like browsing the web in 2006?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

RokosCockatrice posted:

oh poo poo, I've been there 2 or 3 times every spring since i was old enough to remember my nightmares

wish my nightmares took place in spirited away universe

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

i mean, microsoft relentlessly tracks what you do too, there is an absolute crapload of telemetry in windows 10+

i don't trust either company :shrug:

microsoft's primary business isn't harvesting and selling your personal information, though. they make their money ripping off large corporations, which as i have noted before is generally a healthy and admirable business model. i get the feeling that they do the analytics mostly because data wrangler middle managers get hard-ons for dashboards with numbers on them.

google's entire business is tracking what you do and selling that to anyone who will pay. that's much more detestable

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

microsoft's primary business isn't harvesting and selling your personal information, though. they make their money ripping off large corporations, which as i have noted before is generally a healthy and admirable business model. i get the feeling that they do the analytics mostly because data wrangler middle managers get hard-ons for dashboards with numbers on them.

google's entire business is tracking what you do and selling that to anyone who will pay. that's much more detestable

why would you assume microsoft doesn't also do this? it might not be their primary business but they absolutely do sell ads

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i didn't say they don't, i said it isn't their primary business.

given a choice between bad and less bad, i will take less bad.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

https://archive.org/details/lessongesdrolati00tros

hello yospals

tag yourself

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I'm the scrub brush

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Midjack posted:

I'm the scrub brush

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

akadajet posted:

charging my crystals

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

aren't you just trading google spyware for ms spyware though

yes, and funnily enough you can turn the google spying off but edge's is mandatory

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Raluek posted:

ive been using vivaldi and it's ok

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Midjack posted:

I'm the scrub brush

rude, he's posting just above you

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

ooh, me playing titanfall 2 feels called out

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I use and enjoy safari on both iOS and macOS

never had an issue with them, but I also don’t open 978 tabs

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I remember using the opera mobile browser for ages for reasons I don't recall but as soon as Firefox mobile got less garbage I switched

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao

wew man!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
is wimdy

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Just got an ad for this video card, looks like a pretty good deal.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Noobles posted:

Just got an ad for this video card, looks like a pretty good deal.

it does say it's strong of performance. and it's even got a vga port, those are hard to come by

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

in my experience as long as it is high end it'll be a good buy!

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

This feels like something googles image recognition AI would dream up

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

it's still blue!!!!!!!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

goblin week posted:

it's still blue!!!!!!!

only if you don't have brain damage

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

oh lol I don't use Twitch other than the very occasional glance at a stream so I didn't know there's 'clips' of the best bits.

Seymour going weirdly religious because of 'Ye Gods' and 'Delightfully Devilish' in the script is a new favourite thing

Hecate: https://streamscharts.com/clips?clip=GleamingIncredulousReindeerUnSane-YYrJYamCRMzXn3U1

The Devil: https://streamscharts.com/clips?clip=TallCoyTildeSquadGoals-V-vW6V8ZYsiAlPgF

Also the time he decided to start a revolution instead of cooking a new dish

https://streamscharts.com/clips?clip=RepleteFancySangRlyTho-jHIwUACeKmh0cU3Y

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol this one is good

https://clips-media-assets2.twitch.tv/a_4OdIxyMFAAnipodHFN2A/AT-cm%7Ca_4OdIxyMFAAnipodHFN2A.mp4

i had stopped watching those since they were starting to be purely reruns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Beeftweeter posted:

i had stopped watching those since they were starting to be purely reruns

same but I put it on again yesterday morning and there were a bunch of new ones with theme songs sung by GLaDOS and one of them had the excuse for the fire in the kitchen actually be Aurora Borealis, chat went wild :o:

https://streamscharts.com/clips?clip=AuspiciousObliviousDelicataVoHiYo-FzKN-vxRtRQT8ur2

https://streamscharts.com/clips?clip=CleanClearGaragePeoplesChamp-nM2S2WESTjMNuuWN

SEYYMORR ... MORA??