Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the metagame in dnd is getting your interpretation of events canonized by the mods so that in the future when someone disagrees with you, you can have them put on probation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I ascribe to the belief that koos is doing a long haul troll but idk about anything else

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Buck Wildman posted:

I ascribe to the belief that koos is doing a long haul troll but idk about anything else

I'm p sure it's this lol

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Admins will sometimes clear reports for other forums if the mods are away but no one wants to touch D&D reports because it’ll be something between two people who have been having an argument for five years and is completely inscrutable to anyone why it was reported or what possible action could take place to rectify the apparent posting crime

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i stood atop my media literacy thread and wept for there were no more worlds to conquer

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

vyelkin posted:

one time i went into the report forum and there were like 30 D&D reports in a row

one time i reported 30 in a row
one time i reported 30 dnds in a row

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

i remember one of the mods/admins saying there were people that went through dnd reporting literally every post in a thread when they got buttmad

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Back in the day I had a guy who reported every instance of image leeching he could find in GBS until he ran out of reports (you get a message like “WHOA THERE COWBOY”) and then he started PMing me links to people image leeching. Could have been a troll but it was a lot of effort for little reward.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

i remember one of the mods/admins saying there were people that went through dnd reporting literally every post in a thread when they got buttmad

this is what being unable to just say "gently caress off, shithead" when you disagree with someone does

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

it's not who you have a parasocial relationship with, it's who has a parasocial relationship with you

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

is image leeching even illegal still

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Al! posted:

It’s a process crime

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

redneck nazgul posted:

why?

just punish the ones you disagree with, simple as

People will report a post and it’s like “OP is breaking Rule 87059.b” or “OP is not taking into consideration this specific context as follows” and if you’re a D&D mod you have to pretend you care instead of replying lol

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Like if any of y’all into arguing with each other about poo poo godspeed but moderating that would put me in a bad mood.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Trixie Hardcore posted:

People will report a post and it’s like “OP is breaking Rule 87059.b” or “OP is not taking into consideration this specific context as follows” and if you’re a D&D mod you have to pretend you care instead of replying lol

just copy what they said and hit sixer, eventually they'll learn that you're just a bot and mass report everything and then there will be no posts in D&D and you can rest

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Buck Wildman posted:

Koos is giving D&D posters exactly what they want and everybody involved is happier than they've ever been.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

if I was a dnd mod I would just send all reports immediately to the trashbin, and randomly probate and ban people based on my whims. no one can tell whether or not I'm probating based on user reports, and I don't have to read whiny bullshit. ez

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

I'm pretty sure I remember the D&D mods once complaining that someone reported until they ran out of reports and then signed into a parachute so that they could keep reporting

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

sometimes i think about reporting discendo vox when he posts about posters in a hostile and aggressive way but i never do it. its funny to see him get dinged though.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

alarumklok posted:

if I was a dnd mod I would just send all reports immediately to the trashbin, and randomly probate and ban people based on my whims. no one can tell whether or not I'm probating based on user reports, and I don't have to read whiny bullshit. ez

Koos is there to keep you honest

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

like hes totally a mod sweetie but sometimes cant help himself and needs to be stomped on from time to time

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

KirbyKhan posted:

Koos is giving D&D posters exactly what they want and everybody involved is happier than they've ever been.

I'm glad

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i will never report a post

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

most of my posting pals are dead so im reopening applications at this time

you were supposed to invite me to your Satisfactory world T_T

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

no admins have said (lol) that it’s fine but if the Wordpress blogger changes the image to goatse it tubgirl then that’s on you. which, fair

speaking of which if anyone is big dick butting, post a link to a cute harmless catte img from your Wordpress or w/e and then change it to your shock img after you’ve already made 500 posts flaming out like a shooting star

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

if I were mod of D&D, I'd make all of the logical fallacies probatable, minimum 24Hr. EXCEPT for Ad Hominem, which is encouraged

does this include the ones they made up, like the Good Monster fallacy

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

Koos is there to keep you honest

koos can join in. it's gotta be tiring roberts rulesing a bunch of polisci dropouts. kick your legs back, throw that report in the trash. nobody will know

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
if i was a D&D mod i woulda kept the azov donation links up. driven cspam absolutely bonkers

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

no admins have said (lol) that it’s fine but if the Wordpress blogger changes the image to goatse it tubgirl then that’s on you. which, fair

speaking of which if anyone is big dick butting, post a catte on a Wordpress and then change it to your shock drop after you’ve already made 500 posts flaming out like a shooting star

the jimbee guy in the trump thread should do that

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

the entire time. once you see it it's there forever. sorry.

(cuttlefish was taken)

what the gently caress

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Cuttlefush posted:

(cuttlefish was taken)

lies

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

alarumklok posted:

koos can join in. it's gotta be tiring roberts rulesing a bunch of polisci dropouts. kick your legs back, throw that report in the trash. nobody will know

that's actaully how koos recharges.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Homeless Friend posted:

if i was a D&D mod i woulda kept the azov donation links up. driven cspam absolutely bonkers

only if you see how tortured of a url you can make while keeping it mostly intact

w w w [dot] saint-javelin-the-orc-slayer [dot] [slash] donate

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

yeah, but the donations should go straight to your personal bank instead

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Cuttlefush posted:

(cuttlefish was taken)

really upset you pointed this out

i cant unsee it now

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

redneck nazgul posted:

i stood atop my media literacy thread and wept for there were no more words to conquer

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
drake no: plinkey gambling* slush fund
drake yes: azov roma-torture slash fund

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

redneck nazgul posted:

i stood atop my media literacy thread and wept for there were no more worlds to conquer

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Azathoth posted:

This is extremely distressing to find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

does this include the ones they made up, like the Good Monster fallacy

and new ones that I've made up that no one knows about, like the No True PissFreak Fallacy and the Appeal to Celebrity