Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

yea ok posted:

Watched a match last night

https://streamable.com/mmcn9o

That's loving incredible :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Watched a match this evening

https://streamable.com/wp19ft

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Bonk posted:

I'm expecting a formal Dragon Kid invitation to D'Courage. If not here, soon.

This makes sense but also kinda makes me sad as I love the Dia/Yoshioka and Dia/Madoka tag teams

otoh Dragon "Kid" being the oldest guy in the unit is very much "how do you do, fellow kids" energy and is funny

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Watching Sunday's All Japan show from Maebashi and it's been good wholesome fun. Kento is over like rover. Some little kid chanting louder than everyone else and I love it. From the 1st 4 matches I'd recommend Ishikawa & Ayabe vs Honda & Ashino, not a blow away match but still real fun. Opener also is joyful, especially the bits where we got Rising HAYATO just looking effortlessly graceful.

Hokuto Omori has shaved his goatee and it looks weird.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Inoue vs Shiiba from yesterday's show was rad, obviously Anzai is the standout All Japan rookie but purple boy is no slouch either

e: Oh man, SUWAMA vs Yuma rocked before Suwama remembered he was a part of voodoo murders

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 28, 2023

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Finally watching 666 Vol.124 from December last year and the Ikuto Hidaka vs Yuko MIyamoto vs Fuminori Abe elimination match was fantastic, the opener with HELLBROS is well worth the watch as well. Disappointed by the Yusuke Kodama match, though that's possibly because I had hoped that Koju Takeda would be better in his home promotion

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Decided to check the Once Upon A Time In Hollywood GanPro show on Youtube and I can't really recommend it, feels like the venue's Internet is straight out of 1999, it's like watching on RealPlayer. Makes it very hard to appreciate Watase vs Tominaga. I'd wait until it shows up on Universe before watching it if you've any interest

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

there he is

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Look at that beautiful boy.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I am so loving happy crowds are cheering again. This Shin-Kiba 1stRING crowd are so into this AJPW show and God does it ever elevate the entire show.

Starting to wonder how I enjoyed wrestling so much the last couple years. Even Kyohei Wada got a chant for stopping Suwama using a chair :allears:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

there he is

oh baby...

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Anyone watching the all star Junior event ?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The motherfuckers put Fuminori Abe in the opener? I'm seething, I didn't even realise there was a prelim

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
It was a crazy fun match though

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

It was a crazy fun match though

AND I MISSED IT

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Decided to catch up on the Hamamatsu Train Pro-Wrestling show since the last one I watched was so much fun. Dieno shows up and starts doing his dumb bullshit. I skip ahead a few minutes. He's STILL doing his dumb bullshit. I skip ahead a few minutes more... he's STILL doing his dumb bullshit. I skip ahead to almost 40 minutes into the show and he's STILL doing his dumb bullshit. I stop watching.

:sigh:

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

yea ok posted:

there he is

Boy Band BxB Hulk to Vampire BxB Hulk was such a journey.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Boy x Boy to Blood x Blood

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

drat :smith:

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1631204095175409665

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ah, that really sucks. Tremendous junior heavyweight.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jeez, I had no idea it was that bad. Very sad

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
U-T announced that he's only at about 80% but doesn't know when he'll be back wrestling yet, so Kzy & U-T just vacated their Ryukyu Dragon tag belts.

Really solid opener at about 16:00 in. Finish comes out of nowhere.

Huh. The RDPW guys showing up actually led to something. YAMATO vs Teelan Shisa for the Ryou belt at Memorial Gate.

Bonk fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Mar 2, 2023

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
drat, what a debut from Daiki. He already gets it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

New Japan head into the New Japan Cup, with a stop along the way for the anniversary show. Stardom have a PPV featuring a couple of title matches & the Triangle Derby tournament finals, ZERO1 have their own Anniversary show, but that won't air for a week. Dragongate move on from the Rey de Parejas to the next tour, GLEAT bring back LIDET UWF, & the Baka Gaijin boys are back and this time they'll be streaming on their own Youtube channel! And NOAH have Daisuke Harada's final match in a 1 minute exhibition. Sucks, but if you're neck is hosed then you don't really wrestle. Plenty to be going on with though. I did notice that the NJ Cup seems to have David Finlay opposite Bullet Club in undercard tags, which seems odd because I thought he declared he was in BC after beating down White in San Jose?

4/3/2023, Saturday

12pm JST/2pm AEST/3am GMT/10pm EST/7pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro #299
Ichigaya Chocolate Square
Antonio Honda & Kirihara vs Sayaka Obihiro & Yuko Sakurai
Miya Yotsubo vs SAKI
Baliyan Akki & CDK (Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanashi) vs Hagane Shinno, Sayaka & Shin Suzuki
Live on Youtube

Tokyo Joshi Pro City Circuit Night 6
Radiant Hall, Yokohama
Hikari Noa vs Kaya Toribami vs Yuki Aino
Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo & Suzume) vs HIMAWARI & Wakana Uehara
Mizuki vs Pom Harajuku
Raku vs Yuka Sakazaki
Mahiro Kiryu & Shoko Nakajima vs Moka Miyamoto & Miyu Yamashita
Haruna Neko, Miu Watanabe & Yuki Kamifuku vs Huper Misao, Nao Kakuta & Rika Tatsumi
Live on Wrestle Universe

4pm JST/6pm AEST/7am GMT/2am EST/11pm PST

Stardom Triangle Derby I Night 11 ~The Finals~
Yoyogi National Gymnasium #2, Tokyo
Prelim: Hina vs Miyu Amasaki vs Rina
Prelim: Queen's Quest (Lady C & Utami Hayashishita) vs Rebel x Enemy (Maika Ozaki & Ram Kaicho)
COSMIC ANGELS (Mariah May, Mina Shirakawa & Waka Tsukiyama) vs Donna del Mondo (Mai Sakurai, Maika & Thekla)
Oedo Tai (Fukigen Death, Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora, Ruaka & Saki Kashima) vs STARS (Hanan, Koguma, Mayu Iwatani, Momo Kohgo & Saya Iida)
Triangle Derby I Semi-Finals: Abarenbo GE (Ami Sourei, MIRAI & Syuri) vs COSMIC ANGELS (Natsupoi, SAKI & Tam Nakano)
Triangle Derby I Semi-Finals: 7Upp (Nanae Takahashi, Yuna Mizumori & Yuu) vs Prominence (Hiragi Kurumi, Risa Sera & Suzu Suzuki)
Chihiro Hashimoto vs Himeka
Wonder of Stardom Title: Saya Kamitani(c) vs Hazuki
High Speed Title: AZM(c) vs Starlight Kid
World of Stardom Title: Giulia(c) vs Maya Yukihi
Triangle Derby I Final
Live on PPV, uploaded to Stardom World later

5pm JST/7pm AEST/8am GMT/3am EST/12am PST

DDT Yokohama Unlimited Vol.2
Radiant Hall, Yokohama
Hideki Okatani & Keigo Nakamura vs Toi Kojima & Yuya Koroku
DAMNATION TA (KANON & MJ Paul) vs Kazuma Sumi & Soma Takao
Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title Battle Royal: Yoshihiko(c) vs Akito vs Antonio Honda vs Chris Brookes vs Danshoku Dieno vs Kazuki Hirata vs Makoto Oishi vs Saki Akai vs Shunma Katsumata vs Yuki Iino
Disaster Box (HARASHIMA & Toru Owashi) vs Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi & Yuki Ishida)
Burning (Jun Akiyama & Yusuke Okada) vs Burning (Kotaro Suzuki & Tetsuya Endo)
MAO vs Ryota Nakatsu
Takeshi Masada & Yukio Naya vs Yuji Hino & Yukio Sakaguchi
Live on Wrestle Universe

6pm JST/8pm AEST/9am GMT/4am EST/1am PST

Dragongate Glorious Gate Night 1
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
Card TBA
Live on DG Network

Also shows from BJW & Ice Ribbon

5/3/2023, Sunday

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEST/2:30am GMT/9:30pm EST/6:30pm PST

ZERO1 22nd Anniversary
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Takumi Baba vs Yuki Toki
Chris Vice & Yoshikazu Yokoyama vs Astroman & Rikiya Fudo
Kendo Kashin & Tatsuhito Takiawa vs Leo Isaka & Ryo Hoshino
Jaguar Yokota & Jungle Kyona vs Nanami & Unagi Sayaka
Shuji Kondo & Takuya Sugawara vs Takafumi & Tsugutaka Sato
Daisuke Sekimoto vs Junya Matsunaga
ZERO1 Intercontinetal Tag Team Titles: Kubota Brothers (Hide Kubota & Yasu Kubota)(c) vs Fuminori Abe & Satsuki Nagao
ZERO1 World Heavyweight Title: Masato Tanaka(c) vs Shoki Kitamura
Airs on Samurai TV 12/3

1pm JST/3pm AEST/4am GMT/11pm EST/8pm PST

DDT Judgement Tour Night 1
Nagano City Art Centre Act Space, Nagano
Eruption (Hideki Okatani & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Soma Takao & Yuya Koroku
KANON vs Yuki Ishida
Akito, Kazuma Sumi & Keigo Nakamura vs Dansoku Dieno, Gota Ihashi & Yuki Iino
Burning (Jun Akiyama, Tetsuya Endo & Yusuke Okada) vs HARASHIMA, Kazusada Higuchi & Takeshi Masada
37KAMIINA (MAO, Shuma Katsumata & Toi Kojima) vs Disaster Box (Kazuki Hirata & Toru Owashi) & Yasushi Kanda
Chris Brookes & Yukio Naya vs Omega (Makoto Oishi & Yuji Hino)
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

3pm JST/5pm AEST/6am GMT/1am EST/10pm PST

Dragongate Glorious Gate Night 2
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
Card TBA
Live on DG Network

6pm JST/8pm AEST/9am GMT/4am EST/1am PST

Ganbare Pro Shooting In The Cold Rain, A Gun For Promise 2023
Takashimadaira Ward Community Centre, Tokyo
Asahi & Moeka Haruhi vs HARUKAZE & Yoshiko Hasegawa
Miyuki Takase vs YuuRI
Munetatsu Nakamura vs Takuya Wada
Shinichiro Tominaga vs Shuichiro Katsumura
Shota vs Soma Takao
Keisuke Ishii, Ken Ohka & Yumehito Imanari vs Mizuki Watase, Shinichiro Tominaga & Tatsuhito Takaiwa
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEST/9:30am GMT/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

New Japan New Japan Cup Night 1
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Ryohei Oiwa & Tama Tonga vs TMDK (Kosei Fujita & Zack Sabre Jr)
House of Torture (Dick Togo, EVIL, SHO & Yujiro Takahashi) vs Master Wato, Ren Narita, Ryusuke Taguchi & Shota Umino
Bullet Club (Chase Owens, Gedo & KENTA) vs El Desperado, Minoru Suzuki & Yuto Nakashima
CHAOS (Lio Rush, Toru Yano & YOH) vs LIJ (BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi & Shingo Takagi)
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada & Tomoaki Honma
NJ Cup 1st Round: El Phantasmo vs Tetsuya Naito
NJ Cup 1st Round: SANADA vs Taichi
Live on NJPW World

Also shows from Secret Base, A-TEAM, Heat-Up, Doutonbori Pro, Land's End, JWP, 2AW & Actwres girlZ

6/3/2023, Monday

New Japan 51st Anniversary
Ota Ward General Gymnasium, Tokyo
Bullet Club (El Phantasmo & KENTA) vs TMDK (Kosei Fujita & Zack Sabre Jr)
Satoshi Kojima, Tama Tonga & Toru Yano vs United Empire (Kyle Fletcher, Mark Davis & Will Ospreay)
Bullet Club (Dick Togo, EVIL & SHO) vs El Desperado, Minoru Suzuki & Ren Narita
LIJ (SANADA, Shingo Takagi & Tetsuya Naito) vs United Empire (Aaron Henare, Great O Khan & Jeff Cobb)
CHAOS (Lio Rush & YOH) vs LIJ (BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi)
NJ Cup 1st Round: Shota Umino vs Yujiro Takahashi
NJ Cup 1st Round: David Finlay vs Tomohiro Ishii
IWGP Tag Team Titles: Bishamon (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI)(c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kazuchika Okada
Live on NJPW World

7pm JST/9pm AEST/10am GMT/5am EST/2am PST

Tokyo Joshi Pro The Night Before Grand Princess '23
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on Wrestle Universe

7/3/2023, Tuesday

Baka Gaijin + Friends Vol.3
Arena Shimokitazawa, Tokyo
Brahman Brothers (Brahman Kei & Brahman Shu) vs Death Worm & Drew Parker
Chie Koishikawa & MAO vs Masa Takanashi & Mei Suruga
Chris Brookes vs Maya Yukihi
I can't actually find a start time on this so I'm just assuming a 6:30 or 7pm start?
Will Stream live on Youtube

GLEAT Lidet UWF Ver.3
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
UWF Rules: Maya Fukuda vs Yura Suzuki
Lidet UWF First Champion Tournament 1st Round: Minoru Tanaka vs Yu Iizuka
Lidet UWF First Champion Tournament 1st Round: Shinya Aoki vs Tetsuya Izuchi
UWF Rules: Hideki "Shrek" Sekine vs Seichi Ikemoto
UWF Rules: Daichi Hashimoto & Tatsuaki Nakano vs Kaz Hayashi & Rionne Fujiwara
Lidet UWF First Champion Tournament 1st Round: Dan Tamura vs Takanori Ito
Lidet UWF First Champion Tournament 1st Round: Hikaru Sato vs Soma Watanabe
Uploaded to Youtube later in the week if it isn't live

8/3/2023, Wednesday

New Japan New Japan Cup Night 2
Big Palette Fukushima, Koriyama
Shota Umino & Yuto Nakashima vs TMDK (Kosei Fujita & Zack Sabre Jr)
Bullet Club (Chase Owens, El Phantasmo, Gedo & KENTA) vs Just 4 Guys (DOUKI, Taichi, TAKA Michinoku & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
LIJ (BUSHI & SHingo Takagi) vs United Empire (Aaron Henare & Great O Khan)
David Finlay, Lio Rush & Tama Tonga vs LIJ (Hiromu Takahashi, SANADA & Tetsuya Naito)
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, YOH & YOSHI-HASHI) vs United Empire (Jeff Cobb, Kyle Fletcher & Will Ospreay)
NJ Cup 1st Round: Mark Davis vs Toru Yano
NJ Cup 1st Round: EVIL vs Ren Narita
Live on NJPW World

Also Ice Ribbon

9/3/2023, Thursday

Pro Wrestling NOAH Star Navigation Night 2
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Kongo (Hajime Ohara, Shuji Kondo & Tadasuke) vs Kinya Okada, Taishi Ozawa & Yasutaka Yano
Alejandro, Seiki Yoshioka & YO-HEY vs Extreme Tiger, Lanzelot & Super Crazy
Exhibition Daisuke Harada Retirement Match: Atsushi Kotoge vs Daisuke Harada
Masaaki Mochizuki, Naomichi Marufuji & Shuhei Taniguchi vs Sugiuragun (Hideki Suzuki, Kazuyuki Fujita & Takashi Sugiura)
Daiki Inaba, Masa Kitamiya & Yoshiki Inamura vs Kongo (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenoh & Manabu Soya)
Eita vs HAYATA
Chris Ridgeway vs Yoshinari Ogawa
Atsushi Kotoge & Kaito Kiyomiya vs GLG (Anthony Greene & Jake Lee)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title: AMAKUSA(c) vs Hi69
Live on Wrestle Universe

10/3/2023, Friday

New Japan New Japan Cup Night 2
Aimesse Yamanashi, Kofu
House of Torture (SHO & Yujiro Takahashi) vs TMDK (Kosei Fujita & Zack Sabre Jr)
House of Torture (Dick Togo & EVIL) vs Just 4 Guys (Taichi & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Bullet Club (Chase Owens, El Phantasmo, Gedo & KENTA) vs David Finlay, El Desperado, Minoru Suzki & Ren Narita
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) & Tomoaki Honma) vs United Empire (Great O Khan, Jeff Cobb, Mark Davis & Will Ospreay)
LIJ (BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi, SANADA & Tetsuya Naito) vs Lio Rush, Shota Umino, Tama Tonga & YOH
NJ Cup 1st Round: Kyle Fletcher vs YOSHI-HASHI
NJ Cup 1st Round: Aaron Henare vs Shingo Takagi
Live on NJPW World

Stardom in Korakuen
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Future of Stardom #1 Contender 3 Way: Hina vs Miyu Amasaki vs Rina
Himeka vs Natsupoi
Future of Stardom Title: Ami Sourei(c) vs Lady C
Goddess of Stardom Titles: 7Upp (Nanae Takahashi & Yuu)(c) vs Oedo Tai (Natsuko Tora & Ruaka)
Show presumably uploaded to Stardom World

Also show from Marvelous

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Saw Atsuki vs Kaito Ishida got announced for the All Japan/GLEAT show, should be an absolute banger even if Atsuki will most likely be eating another loss

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The poster for his farewell match

The text is a message from Harada. Not all has been translated so far; the top left part is

"To all professional wrestlers.
Go to the hospital.
'It will be okay/There's no time/I don't have money/I don't want to miss a match.'
Don't make excuses, please.

Don't be like me!"

and the middle is "Dear NOAH fans. From now on I will be on the same side as you guys. I am a newcomer, but I look forward to working with you."

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

God that's sad

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Was there a major injury that caused the retirement or was this just eventual?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Was there a major injury that caused the retirement or was this just eventual?

His body's hosed up due to an abnormality related injury in his neck (recently diagnosed as cervical atlantoaxial subluxation which could lead to spinal cord compression, respiratory failure and paralysis) that's sidelined him since late-August, and even now he's only able to be cleared by doctors for a 60-second-long exhibition match as a farewell

He just turned 36 a few months ago

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Harada was the best Jr. NOAH had by far imo, just real Jr. Ace goodness...

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
One would have hoped Misawa would be enough of a wake-up call about not ignoring lingering injuries, SPECIFICALLY IN NOAH, but pro wrestlers gonna pro wrestler.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
All things Dragongate:

Kobe World 2023 date announcement already. July 2nd is really early - about a month earlier than usual - but at least it's down to one night this year so they can avoid the padding out of the last couple. I wouldn't count them out doing that again though, as soon as there's another major anniversary or retirement.

•LEC has also announced a partial card for Buyuden Zero on April 4th, which isn't technically Dragongate but is promoted by Masaaki Mochizuki:
-Masaaki Mochizuki / Mochizuki Junior / LEONA vs. Strong Machine J / Fujita “Jr” Hayato / Taro Nohashi
-Jun Kasai & Takashi Sasaki vs. Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda

•Rey de Parejas is behind us, so now we have full cards for both nights of Champion Gate, the first PPV of the Dragongate annual show cycle where all belts are defended:

Tonight: EDION Arena, Osaka - 12:45am PST / 3:45am EST / 8:45am GMT / 5:45pm JST
6-Man: (Natural Vibes) Kzy / Big Boss Shimizu / Strong Machine J vs. (Z-Brats) Shun Skywalker / KAI / HYO (free)
■ Single: YAMATO vs. Konomama Ichikawa
■ Tag: Masaaki Mochizuki & Don Fujii vs. Kaito Nagano & Yoshiki Kato
■ 8-Man: Genki Horiguchi / Naruki Doi / Eita / Takashi Yoshida vs. D'Courage (all) & Dragon Kid
■ Open the Brave Gate: Minorita© vs. Jason Lee
■Open the Triangle Gate: (Z-Brats) Kota Minoura / BxB Hulk / Ben-K© vs. (M3K) Susumu Mochizuki / Yasushi Kanda / Mochizuki Junior

Tomorrow: EDION Arena, Osaka - 9:45pm PST / 12:45pm EST / 5:45am GMT / 2:45pm JST
6-Man: (Kung Fu Masters) Jacky 'Funky' Kamei / Jason Lee / Ho Ho Lun vs. Gold Class (all) (free)
② 6-Man: (M3K) Masaaki Mochizuki / Susumu Mochizuki / Mochizuki Junior vs. Don Fujii / Konomama Ichikawa / Shachihoko BOY
③ Tag: Genki Horiguchi / Kagetora vs. KAI / HYO
④ 6-Man: Dragon Kid / Eita / Dragon Dia vs. YAMATO / Naruki Doi / Takashi Yoshida
⑤ Open the Twin Gate: (Natural Vibes) Kzy & Big Boss Shimizu© vs. Yuki Yoshioka & Madoka Kikuta
⑥ Open the Dream Gate: Shun Skywalker© vs. Strong Machine J

Night 2 is nice and early for west coasters like me, but I'll be up for both.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Some cool news because Wrestle Universe needed more value, today's Michinoku Pro show is going up there on the 8th. Kenoh is in the main event 8-man but there's a couple of promising singles matches as well

quote:

Rasse vs. Yamaya Ringo
Mei Suruga vs. Chie Koishikawa
Ken45 & Manjimaru vs. Ayumu Gunji & Yuji Yoshida
The Great Sasuke, Yapper Man 1 & Yapper Man 2 vs. Brahman Brothers (Brahman Kei & Brahman Shu) & Flying Kid Ichihara
Jinsei Shinzaki vs. Aja Kong
Alexander Otsuka, GAINA, Jinsei Shinzaki & Kenoh vs. MUSASHI, OSO11, Rui Hiugaji & Taro Nohashi

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Oh cool, so I don't have to wait for it to go on Samurai & it should be unclipped too. Of course that does mean an unclipped Flying Kid Ichihara match, a guy who I haven't thought about since FMW was still around

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Excited for people to see their first chocopro match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Watching P.P.P's show from February 7th and it's been up and down. First match was short but pretty good, although there was music playing the whole time like one of them was New Jack. Koju Takeda got his arse out, Jun Tonsho wasn't a fan. Second match was a Las Fresa tag, not up to their best work in SEAd but Risa Sera and Echika Miyabi were good. Skipped the 3rd match since I only knew Kentaro Hachisu and i'm not a huge fan of his, but I saw Magic Mirror Mask's entrance and got a bit of the sleaze I was expecting, camera lingered for quite a while on the ladies that came out with him. Currently about to watch the Marika Kobashi match, she's teaming with Rina and Chanyota but against Sumire Natsu and Ozaki-gun so don't have the highest hopes

e: after watching entrances it doesn't look like Yukihi and Anou are repping O-gun here, so quite a bit more excited for the match

e2: match had some fun parts, but they brought back the music overdubbing so wasn't a huge fan. Won't be watching the main, has a bunch of guys I like but also Joji Otani which is a shame

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 6, 2023

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Friend and I are going to be in Tokyo between the 14th and 30th, what are some good wrestling shows to pick up on between here and there? I haven't really watched a ton recently. Friend likes wrestling but doesn't want DDT or deathmatch stuff so I won't take him to those. He knows *some* stardom and TJPW wrestlers and I don't think he knows hardly anyone else that hasn't been in AEW

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Tampa Bae posted:

Friend and I are going to be in Tokyo between the 14th and 30th, what are some good wrestling shows to pick up on between here and there? I haven't really watched a ton recently. Friend likes wrestling but doesn't want DDT or deathmatch stuff so I won't take him to those. He knows *some* stardom and TJPW wrestlers and I don't think he knows hardly anyone else that hasn't been in AEW

Looking at the puro schedule, looks like there's a fair few Tokyo shows in that timeframe. Without knowing the cards i'd probably recommend:

- All Japan on the 14th (Shinjuku FACE), 18th (Korakuen), 21st (Ota City Gym) or 26th (Shinkiba 1st Ring) since I enjoy All Japan, though there wouldn't be anyone they'd know they're most likely going to be very solid shows
- GLEAT on the 15th (Shinjuku FACE), your friend might remember the Stronghearts guys from early AEW, otherwise it's normally a high energy show with good ring work
- New Japan on the 17th (Korakuen) will have the most people your friend might know. Although the majority of that tour is outside of Tokyo this show will at least have 2 quarter final NJC matches
- TJPW is also running on the 22nd (Shinkjuku FACE) and the 26th (KFC Hall) but these will most likely be nothing shows as a cooldown between Grand Princess and going to America at the end of March

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Tampa Bae posted:

Technically, ChocoPro is an AEW associate promotion and they're going to have a big 300th episode show during that period. Big show ChocoPro generally trends work rate over comedy as well and the Chocolate Square is an in person experience like no other.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

fez_machine posted:

Technically, ChocoPro is an AEW associate promotion and they're going to have a big 300th episode show during that period. Big show ChocoPro generally trends work rate over comedy as well and the Chocolate Square is an in person experience like no other.

From what I can see the ChocoPro 300th is on the 11th and 12th, so a bit before